Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Looks like four episodes:

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Would_You_Rather

The only one I remembered was the one where Natasha Leggero made fun of it and Scott got pissed off and killed it.

Good, that poo poo sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

There's a bunch of cbb characters who are basically just guys who are happy to be there like John Lennon and they're usually really good but theres also characters where scott gets stuck in the weeds describing everything they ever did or said in every previous episode, like John Lennon, which usually get kind of boring.

Exactly. I like the conceit of John Lennon just being a normal person, who doesn't get caught up in yes-and-ing when he mispeaks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

John Lennon rules and he never gets old. Comedically, but also from his death to last year he didn't get old.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm glad people are bravely raising money for the victims of 9/11

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So disappointed that Brett is a white supremacist :(

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

GobiasIndustries posted:

So disappointed that Brett is a white supremacist :(

Is there any photograph of that? I can't imagine what Brett's alt-right haircut could look like but I'm so filled with curiosity to seeing that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

piratepilates posted:

Is there any photograph of that? I can't imagine what Brett's alt-right haircut could look like but I'm so filled with curiosity to seeing that.
i would imagine it is a hitler youth cut, or a "how do i explain the haircut i want without bringing up hitler"

also referred to as a jugend

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The only photo of him suspiciously cuts off at the hair.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah that's a jugend

going through my favorite episodes of the year because best ofs and i'm a weirdo.

boy the "trump is gonna get elected and fix everything" jokes are gonna be great artifacts

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

piratepilates posted:

From this week's Charted

cams posted:

boy the "trump is gonna get elected and fix everything" jokes are gonna be great artifacts

What ages worse, Wiger on Doughboys outright stating "Hillary Clinton, our first female president" on the prerecorded episode immediately following election day or the many times Scott made a "Trump that Bitch" joke

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A plus of Spontaneanation being so many months behind is that we're just hearing their election anxieties emerge now. Paul from October or whenever just had his first Trump nightmare.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 15, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

A plus of Spontaneanation being so many months behind is that we're just hearing their election anxieties emerge now. Paul from October or whenever just had his first Trump nightmare.

The week before they brought up a Trump presidency as a total absurdity during a scene :smith:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the cbb christmas episode, paul was constantly bringing up trump stuff, not even as a real bit but just "i'm gonna say these things and it is funny because it is absurd." i enjoyed it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I was calling that the hitler youth haircut in 2013 when my brother showed up for christmas sporting it. being an anime nazi was not popular at the time

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

From this week's Charted

kulap looks weird in trump's america

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Howard is also much taller than I thought in Trump's America

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's kind of hosed up how good looking howard is, like it makes me kind of mad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only drawback is he sounds like he's a million years old

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Amazing episode, although felt a little odd that Rhea Butler was in the middle of everyone having a little character story and her thing was 'I went on vacation'. She's pretty funny when not completely misunderstanding Scott's baseball premises, but not sure this episode was the best fit for someone not in character.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

The I4H ghost of podcasting future episode was fantastic. You get to hear Gabrus's sardonic thoughts on not getting paid by Earwolf nor getting a podcast from them despite being on so many shows constantly.
Wait, he doesn't get paid? I had always thought the improvvy guests (i.e. the ones not on specifically to plug their latest Thing) were given some sort of fee. How else are PFT and Lauren Lapkus affording all the Ubers to and from the studio?!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's what the plugs section is for! I think the model behind the idea is appearances on morning radio talk shows. Show up, promote the gig, and more people come to your show and your fanbase grows and that's how you get paid.

Most of the Earwolf folks who have relatively large fanbases got them via either hosting a podcast and getting very little money (mostly off of ads) or by being unpaid guests who then are able to translate the audience into folks who come to live shows, buy their albums, watch their projects on TV, follow them on Twitter, etc. Having fans and a larger exposure gets you cast in more things, and then you make your real money.

Not saying it's right, but it's how the whole system is sustainable. Not a lot of money in podcasting. It's basically the equivalent of doing spec work.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm not aware of any podcast that pays guests.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NNF does at least a little bit

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I think SPY does a token amount (Canadian currency joke here) too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Doughboys pays for a meal.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pete holmes gives his guests a free three hour therapy session

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Piquai Souban posted:

I think SPY does a token amount (Canadian currency joke here) too.

$50 I think, plus it's one of the finest podcasts on earth.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What is SPY? That is not an easy acronym to Google.

The Todd Glass Show will give you as much weed as you can smoke.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Stop Podcasting Yourself, over on Maxfun.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you appear on getting Doug with high not only do you get a free week smoke, but they pay for your uber as well. Now that's what i call podcasting

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If you appear on getting Doug with high not only do you get a free week smoke, but they pay for your uber as well. Now that's what i call podcasting

On the flip side, guests on Doug Loves Movies have to give something away.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

feedmyleg posted:

What is SPY? That is not an easy acronym to Google.

The Todd Glass Show will give you as much weed as you can smoke.

Search through the Stop Podcasting Yourself archives for American comedians you recognize. It's a very lighthearted hang with two goofy Canadians, but this is a favorite. Charlie Demers also a pro-tier guest that you guys would never have heard of.

PFT's episodes of this show are very, very good and he genuinely likes the hosts and show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

On the flip side, guests on Doug Loves Movies have to give something away.

Their dignity?

Occasionally that show can find its groove when people understand the rules and are actually playing games, but it's such a goddamn embarrassing, repetitive mess most of the time. No idea why it has so many fans.

Heard of Stop Podcasting Yourself previously but never heard much praise before now, just wasn't sure what the acronym was. Will check it out.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

It's kind of hosed up how good looking howard is, like it makes me kind of mad.

don't be mad, baby.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
SPY is definitely my favourite 'comedians talking to a guest about whatever' podcast. Graham and Dave have great chemistry and they have an amazing ability to constantly pepper conversations with little throwaway jokes that make me laugh more than they should.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
brett butt is really funny on stop podcasting yourself. usually i will listen to the first 10 minutes of each week's ep and most the time i skip it after that but occasionally you find a good canadian comedian you'd never hear of otherwise. dave is incredibly fast and clever.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Greggy posted:

brett butt is really funny on stop podcasting yourself. usually i will listen to the first 10 minutes of each week's ep and most the time i skip it after that but occasionally you find a good canadian comedian you'd never hear of otherwise. dave is incredibly fast and clever.

That fella from Corner Gas?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

piratepilates posted:

That fella from Corner Gas?

google says yes (not in a "heh lmgtfy" way, i just am not familiar with that show and only know him from SPY)

Greggy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 16, 2016

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Alicia Tobin eps of SPY are high quality goofabouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Xmas episode of CBB is insanely good.

and yeah just go through SPY archives for people you like as guests and try em out. Jon Dore is one of my fav guests on SPY but he makes it his mission to ruin the show every time, so it's probably only fun if you're already familiar with the rhythm of the show, to see how he ruins it.