Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

the 10 chant is stupid af

Spoken like a true 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Spoken like a true 3

No he's right. It's funny when Tye is directly involved but if it makes its way to everything that would be hell.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tye works as a corny conceited heel but his aw-shucks babyface routine isn't quite as good. I did like him slapping Joe, though. Good old Joe-slappin' Tye

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I think him trying to evolve his character as a face (who was just so liked as a heel and they rode that wave creatively) is really good, and I think the character now is good. I'm glad he's not doing the easy "do the same thing but to heels now" approach.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like Tye's shoulderpanther

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No he's right. It's funny when Tye is directly involved but if it makes its way to everything that would be hell.

I think it would be an overestimation to anticipate 10 chants going through multiple segments, let alone anything like three consecutive shows, like it did in Toronto. It was a hometown (home province?) irregularity, I'd wager. And I was there!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jetfire posted:

I think it would be an overestimation to anticipate 10 chants going through multiple segments, let alone anything like three consecutive shows, like it did in Toronto. It was a hometown (home province?) irregularity, I'd wager. And I was there!
Apparently they've been cropping up in Australia too. And unless my ears are bad (they might be), I thought I heard it on a recent Smackdown episode.

But as others have said, it's likely that few people are actually excited to see Tye get a big push. Hell, I don't even feel strongly about the guy and I'm the one who thinks NXT has become a shadow of itself because guys like him can't get traction in the main event scene anymore. He's not Daniel Bryan, whose catchphrase overness was only a corollary of his general face heat.

I honestly think Tye's more like Damien Sandow than anything: a solid midcard wrestler who can get goofy stuff like the simplest old school heel character over but is pretty drab beyond that. It's just that smarks want to see him succeed because we know how long he's been paying his dues. He was the guy Shawn kicked in that one segment like 10 years ago.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, the 10 chants were out in force at NXT Melbourne, and probably other Australia shows as well. It's definitely getting momentum, probably coming from the Toronto shows. But it's hardly the worst thing in the world to have people chant for someone, especially when they do seem to have a need for guys like Tye who can consistently put on good matches and eat loss after loss and keep on getting cheered.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I want very badly for Tye to be #10 at the Rumble, and for him to at some point get a bullshit win in a non-title match against the NXT champion via the most cheered count-out in wrestling history. They can do whatever they want with him at that point; just let those two moments happen.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
My problem with the crowd shouting 10 at every number is that it destroys the drama leading up to his inevitable win via count out. That would have been incredible if done organically, one and only time people would be hyped for a count out victory.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
He should get the countout win in next week's fatal four-way match. I know it probably won't be him, but it really should be.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
The problem with that being is that the match is No DQ, so there would be no count-outs.

Be that as it may, imagine a match between Tye and Heath.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

Tye works as a corny conceited heel but his aw-shucks babyface routine isn't quite as good. I did like him slapping Joe, though. Good old Joe-slappin' Tye

They've done an excellent job pivoting the arrogance of calling himself a perfect 10 to the confidence of a plucky underdog who knows he's good and feeds off of the crowd.

NXT has stagnated with storytelling this year, but Dillinger is a big exception to that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shine posted:

I want very badly for Tye to be #10 at the Rumble, and for him to at some point get a bullshit win in a non-title match against the NXT champion via the most cheered count-out in wrestling history. They can do whatever they want with him at that point; just let those two moments happen.

:agreed:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
tye at least deserves a couple of years of main roster money
he'd probably make more in the first year than he did in all his years in developmental

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/809975317032902656 More to come

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

More blood for the Asuka God! :getin:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/810107904690778113 She's 6’5ft so I want her to wrestle Nikki Cross.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 17, 2016

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"World Champ" makes me suspicious when there's very few people who would feasibly be in her division.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tye's gimmick should be always trying to win by countout. Not like in a Berzerker way where it just sort of happens, but actively trying to kick someone's rear end away from the ring and then sprinting back just in the nick of time.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sticklefifer posted:

Tye's gimmick should be always trying to win by countout. Not like in a Berzerker way where it just sort of happens, but actively trying to kick someone's rear end away from the ring and then sprinting back just in the nick of time.

Ah, the "Smackdown vs Raw single player tag team match" method

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Zeuxis again and Jayme Jameson. https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/810325024745852928

Jayme dropped the SHINE tag belts Friday and by all accounts seems to be signed. Her tryout was the invite only one with Kimber and Heidi.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Let go of your girls, Rossi. There's a women's revolution happening in NXT and Shirai and Hojo need to be there!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Forget putting the belts on AOP and having the mania takeover tag match be TM61 vs AOP here is your big tag match right here
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/810369970794205184

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

achillesforever6 posted:

Forget putting the belts on AOP and having the mania takeover tag match be TM61 vs AOP here is your big tag match right here

BIG BOY TOURNAMENT WHEN HUNTER?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Tonight's main event has a great match with Roddy finally being Roddy in NXT

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/811611717067120642

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kenneth Crawford (don't worry if you don't know him) is now @MontezFordWWE

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

gently caress that, call them up and make a Big Boy Shield with Braun as the leader.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

flashy_mcflash posted:

gently caress that, call them up and make a Big Boy Shield with Braun as the leader.

HOSS NATION

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

They'd be a great stable.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Tonight's main event has a great match with Roddy finally being Roddy in NXT

Hell yes. I'm so on board for this.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey I was at this show! Otis Dozovic is really over at these Florida house shows and people were hype as hell for him keeping Alexander Wolfe in a fuckin bear hug for like three uninterrupted minutes, no joke

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

oh this is the episode where the AoP murdered that jobber

:rip: jobber

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Nackackra Falls

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yo that match loving ruled

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just remembered Dan Matha's big debut lol

Great episode.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I want these tall australians to get over but NXT has killed off its own womens division

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Imagine not signing Evie instead of those two https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/809952041200218114

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

someone still loves you Percy Watson

• Locked thread