Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

Then democrats shouldn't have sucked poo poo at politics.
campaign donations mean more than votes!!!!! *falls into a bottomless pit full of corpses to be buried and never seen again*

edward spheroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
counterpoint: it is still 2016 so EVERYTHING could happen tomorrow

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Then democrats shouldn't have sucked poo poo at politics.

okay but them actually doing something to stop it is suddenly bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I can think of like 50 Republicans in the House who would be wayyy worse w/r/t the staffs they would assemble in the event of a Presidential win.

is there a worse pick for anything than steve bannon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

To be honest, I think it's much more likely that Obama's going to resign and let Trump deal with President Biden for the next month.

(I don't think either is especially likely, mind.)

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

Yes. It's too late for them to do anything about it. This would break the nation permanently instead of just for a he next 8 years.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i see this as a hard choice between "effectively signing sovereignty over to russian oligarchs causing great depression immediately" and "mini-civil war followed by slow decline causing great depression within 20 years"

problem is obama is bad at making hard choices so prepare to be disappointed

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

is there a worse pick for anything than steve bannon

Secretary of Treasury Ron Paul

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the former scenario will have resistance for a good 2 years though before the public executions of poors start

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Yes. Because it would break the nation permanently instead of just for a he next 8 years.

Please end the stupid slapfight!!!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

Yes, it turns out that "doing something" in terms of successfully politicking in a democratic/republican form of government is distinct from "doing something" in terms of having a literal coup.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
obama announces that he'll be staying for another four years, nation shrugs and says "okay, i guess"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i see this as a hard choice between "effectively signing sovereignty over to russian oligarchs causing great depression immediately" and "mini-civil war followed by slow decline causing great depression within 20 years"

problem is obama is bad at making hard choices so prepare to be disappointed

Holy poo poo, Putin is going to Crimea America.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The former option is a hyperbole and still objectively better than the latter. I am 99% sure that Obama realizes that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LGD posted:

Yes, it turns out that "doing something" in terms of successfully politicking in a democratic/republican form of government is distinct from "doing something" in terms of having a literal coup.
given what the dem establishment has done for the past 10 years i put really long odds on "coup" of all things

obama will throw out a smoking gun that trump is a putin plant and unsurprisingly nobody will care

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Secretary of Treasury Ron Paul

that's pretty bad, but still not as bad as a narcissist(who get their entire self-image from others)'s chief adviser being a nazi

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It'll be hilarious if Trump tweets a bunch of I'M THE BOSS gently caress YOU YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME I WON ALMOST FAIR AND SQUARE AND RUSSIA WILL NUKE ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE I MEAN I WILL WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M OUT OF CHARACTERS I'M DONALD loving TR-

And Obama's press conference tomorrow is about the new puppy he and Michelle are getting in January.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MizPiz posted:

Holy poo poo, Putin is going to Crimea America.
tbf the only reason they got it was because ukrainian soldiers killed themselves before the russian soldiers did

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Thread title quote goes here

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

that's pretty bad, but still not as bad as a narcissist(who get their entire self-image from others)'s chief adviser being a nazi

I disagree.

Also, Surgeon General Dr. Oz

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

obama will throw out a smoking gun that trump is a putin plant and unsurprisingly nobody will care

If this happened then there would be a bipartisan campaign to get the EC to send the vote to the House. Obama was a goddamn constitutional professor; he knows how this stuff is supposed to happen and will keep it constitutional.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

If this happened then there would be a bipartisan campaign to get the EC to send the vote to the House. Obama was a goddamn constitutional professor; he knows how this stuff is supposed to happen and will keep it constitutional.

there wouldn't be a bipartisan anything, republicans will say "emails" until the issue means nothing and it will quietly disappear

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

so is there any source apart from some idiot's twitter about this

'cause I looked for like five minutes and all I see is "obama holding press conference friday" from reuters and that's loving it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

okay, so, what can be done and implemented with local and state government and legislature? what's the least we can do to improve things? like, big things?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

i'm not so sure with that what with the republican senate being in the tank for Putin already

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lmao dude doesn't even have a blue checkmark

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

UHD posted:

Runaway speculation is a kind of source.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

there wouldn't be a bipartisan anything, republicans will say "emails" until the issue means nothing and it will quietly disappear

No. Mainstream republicans would turn on Trump if there was actual prove that he was a patsy.

E: the mainstream GOP is not not pro Putin you guys are diving too deep in RWM.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

UHD posted:

'cause I looked for like five minutes and all I see is "obama holding press conference friday" from reuters and that's loving it

yeah im not trusting some rando without any sources. 99% sure he's making it up.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I just tweeted that the civil war will begin tomorrow at 5 o'clock local time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

No. Mainstream republicans would turn on Trump if there was actual prove that he was a patsy.

there's actual proof he's a criminal like 5 times over and they don't give a poo poo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

the republicans that view such a haphazard overture to russia as a Bad Thing aren't the mainstream ones anymore though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mastershakeman posted:

surely I can primary rahm Emanuel without getting a shiv in the back

i requested a meeting with bobby rush so when im murdered

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

also, is it just me, or are the forums loving up reaaaal hard right now?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

also, is it just me, or are the forums loving up reaaaal hard right now?

russian cyber attacks to prevent the largest keith support chamber from organizing imo

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

E: the mainstream GOP is not not pro Putin you guys are diving too deep in RWM.

You think Obama found Putin's Russian child sex worker Trump blackmail video?

Did he find it in a Russian pizza parlor?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmbo

hes gonna be the scapegoat for the ages innit :allears:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lol y'all are suddenly concerned about the sanctity of the process as soon news might take a second away from hating Clinton at levels that would make Alex Jones cringe.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

counterpoint: it is still 2016 so EVERYTHING could happen tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

given what the dem establishment has done for the past 10 years i put really long odds on "coup" of all things

If they actually had a smoking gun we'd have heard about it ages ago, rather than anonymous post-election CIA leaks about how the evidence they have (which is not new) proves he's been a committed agent of Putin all along!

If for some bizarre reason they did have a new smoking gun I can actually see it causing either enough electoral college confusion to put things to the house, or immediate post-election impeachment proceedings (which Republicans would be ok with since they'd get to pick a guy/get Pence and aren't actually super fond of Trump). But it would have to be like a video of Trump taking a literal loyalty oath sort of thing.

This is pure loving Clancy-chat though.

• Locked thread