Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is that based off a true story?
Probably, Nexus drama is whack.

Thanks to goons for those two games just now, poo poo was fun. Was the weapon our dwarf friend was slinging around (that appeared to also spit fire?) the new Warpick? Because that was pretty nutso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
digirat didn't exaggerate there, just fyi, that was basically all real

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I forgot what thread I was in and took it for a thinly veiled jab at Hoxhud in Payday 2

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

relevant in all threads

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Hm. Two trinkets on the bounty board today. 20% heal when using medical supplies on an ally, and 60% reduced globadier damage.

If I have mostly terrible trinkets, which one is better to go for?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

generally you want to heal yourself with the heal share. So if you have that one that first trinket isn't too good

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Globadier Damage is mostly only relevant for Cataclsym but is really handy there. The other one isn't terrible but I stopped using it once I got better stuff. The thing is how often do you use bandages on someone else in your party? Heal share by healing yourself is usually more effective and less likely to get thwarted by someone running around like a headless chicken.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The moment when a rat catches the supercharge attack from the pick in the skull is basically a religious experience.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Got a falchion on my third map, seen plenty of picks but never rolled one.
Still have yet to roll 7 successes with 160 hours into this loving game.

I remember getting one with all regular dice. got an orange luck talisman. appropriate enough, i guess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the main reason you would use the heal yourself when healing others trinket is when you are also using the soviet star, as heal share is disabled while using the star. healing yourself for healing others works, however.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
oh hohohohoh the greatsword is a monster with regular attacks now. Still really fun to use the charged attack, but the normal attack is like having a lawnmower blade in front of Kruber.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
well the blunderbus no longer lets me shoot a round every half second, but it's a bit more devastating when it does fire.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

how is this game nowadays anyway? I enjoyed the poo poo out of it at release, but my computer's still a bit too garbage to run it at a decent enough click to not be left in the dust on starting a level.

if it's still kicking, I sure as heck would like to smash some rats once I get something that isn't from 2011

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Weeping Wound posted:

how is this game nowadays anyway? I enjoyed the poo poo out of it at release, but my computer's still a bit too garbage to run it at a decent enough click to not be left in the dust on starting a level.

if it's still kicking, I sure as heck would like to smash some rats once I get something that isn't from 2011

they've optimized it a fair amount since release so you might be able to run it smoothly. it used to be junk for me but now it's great

also, i got an orange 1h hammer for the dwarf and i'm curious as to what traits i should aim for on it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

the main reason you would use the heal yourself when healing others trinket is when you are also using the soviet star, as heal share is disabled while using the star. healing yourself for healing others works, however.

This was a bug that's fixed as of this patch. The silver dove is good if you don't have the hedge charm, and it can be fun to pack both with the fish for triple health-related trinkets, but yeah it does get pretty much obsoleted by health share

Johnny Joestar posted:

they've optimized it a fair amount since release so you might be able to run it smoothly. it used to be junk for me but now it's great

also, i got an orange 1h hammer for the dwarf and i'm curious as to what traits i should aim for on it

If bloodlust: Perfect balance and swift slaying on normal
If regrowth normal: Scavenger, killing blow, perfect balance, or swift slaying on normal

Weeping Wound posted:

Today's patch did a lot to optimize it. Most of my system is made of pieces from 2012 so reinstall it and see how it runs.

The game was struggling for a few months after drachenfels came out because fatshark ran into mega technical debt while trying to make the console version, and they pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. I only saw two other regulars in goonintide for months, the public lobby browser was a sad sight, and when I checked the number of players ingame it said 470. Now fatshark is actually communicating again, the DLC they just released is awesome, and there's a huge number of players for a game that could have been a ghost town by now if things had turned out slightly differently.

All of their major changes to the game have been really on-point and improved it substantially. And it was always worth playing from the start, so it's gone from good to great.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
shield rats not out yet with invisible shields that reformat your hard drive if struck

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ok after thoroughly pissing off my team with mandatory tourism I've found two tomes with one grimoire on chain of fire, and three tomes with one grimoire on the other two levels. Is that all of them or did we miss some? I have not thoroughly searched chain of fire since the beta yet, so I don't know if a new book was added there. The level feels about the right length for two tomes/one grimoire though.

Three tomes/one grimoire is a good fit for the tunnels level, but I feel like three tomes/two grimoires would fit the rune level the best, because it's the longest. Also, every new level is seriously great.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Digirat posted:

If bloodlust: Perfect balance and swift slaying on normal
If regrowth normal: Scavenger, killing blow, perfect balance, or swift slaying on normal

nice, i got both regrowth(normal) and scavenger on my first reroll, which is better than the first set of traits at least. should go well with the orange grudgeraker i have with bloodlust, hail of doom and rupture

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
We've begun a series of weapon overviews as a way to inaugurate the 1.5 patch, beginning with Saltzpyre, the purger of vile heresies.

Saltzpyre Melee Overview
Saltzpyre Ranged Overview

The videos are intended to show, generally, what weapons are capable of and how well they handle at the skill ceiling. It's impossible to show every permutation or circumstance but at least what can be done can be shown easily and well enough. Given time we may cover all Specials and tactics for them, each individual trinket, and each individual weapon trait in detail.

The Falchion being able to hit 3 targets at once with the light attack is still hot as hell.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo, all the new dlc maps are neat as hell. just went through all 3 in a row with some friends.

also what little i've seen of the melee video is already really good, so i'm looking forward to the rest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The vault mission at the end is cool as hell. I like mountain rats burrowing in the snow

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don't know what sorcery they performed but I can play at 60 fps on extreme now. I have a strong system but previously I had to turn a lot of things down or off and I was still not able to keep 60 fps. I can finally play.

Do we have a discord for this?

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 16, 2016

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So Reddit is full of people saying the fireball and conflag staff have both been stealth-nerfed since the beta and both are doing noticeably less damage. A few other people are saying that isn't true. Anyone know for sure?

edit for an example: https://m.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/5ikfk6/fireball_staff_is_just_terrible_now/

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
It feels that the Dwarven Hammer and Shield kinda rely a lot on on the primary attack compared to the Sword & Shield of the Soldier. Like the charge attack is very slow. Is it a viable weapon to use, anyway?

SkySteak fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 16, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

SkySteak posted:

It feels that the Dwarven Hammer and Shield kinda rely a lot on on the primary attack compared to the Sword & Shield of the Soldier. Like the charge attack is very slow. Is it a viable weapon to use, anyway?

I got a blue quality hammer and shield for the dwarf shortly after starting the game, and it's my favourite "tanking" weapon. Hits a lot of people at once and does decent damage. Only issue is the lack of armour pen on the normal attack. Mine has the healing chance on normal attacks and an extra shield of stamina. Seems to work well.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zephro posted:

So Reddit is full of people saying the fireball and conflag staff have both been stealth-nerfed since the beta and both are doing noticeably less damage. A few other people are saying that isn't true. Anyone know for sure?

edit for an example: https://m.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/5ikfk6/fireball_staff_is_just_terrible_now/

It's not, my buddies wielding it are doing the same stuff they did before to the rats.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Night10194 posted:

It's not, my buddies wielding it are doing the same stuff they did before to the rats.
Thanks. I wasn't in the beta so I have no idea. It does seem like they messed up the Bolt staff though, apparently lock-on time and heat are both unchanged from 1.4 (though the rest of the 1.5 changes have gone through).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SkySteak posted:

Hammer and shield and mace and shield are viable, they are just weaker at doing what shields do best because their charge attacks come out so much slower.

I have not tried them since the patch so the rebalance might have made them more powerful. But when you take a shield, I think your main strength and duty is to batter away every moron in the room at once with your unbelievable CC power, because you certainly aren't going to kill as quickly as the witch hunter or the elf. Slower charge speed means you simply can't do that as well. Upgrade to the axe and shield/sword and shield whenever you get them, but you'll still be fine on nightmare right now for sure.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys this is important

Is cousin okri in the dlc?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if he's one of the millions of dead dwarves then yes

otherwise, no

on an unrelated note, the 1h hammer for the dwarf somehow feels even more fun to use with the 1.5 patch. i can wade into groups and go wild with the thing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is a dwarf engineer who sends you craploads of dynamite to help defend the dwarf keep.

Also wow kruber's arming sword is actually decent now

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 16, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

on an unrelated note, the 1h hammer for the dwarf somehow feels even more fun to use with the 1.5 patch. i can wade into groups and go wild with the thing

This is because it hits infinite targets as of the patch. Seems like kind of a Shield Lite now, with less sustained CC but more mobile

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It also has bonkers regrow % for the targets hit

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
lunethex is fun to shoot in the butt

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It also has bonkers regrow % for the targets hit

yeah, if anyone gets an orange one they should without a doubt aim for regrowth(normal) on the thing. it's not busted by any means but it's a really strong combo.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
This may just be me being unused to slower weapons after binging on Elf Sword & Daggers but is it me or is dodging a bit trickier now? Like I can't quite explain it but I feel like you get hit a lot more now even if you were in the process of dodging. It could just be those aforementioned reasons on my end though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lunethex is fun to shoot in the butt

unFriendly fire incidents have been rampant since the patch dropped

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

SkySteak posted:

This may just be me being unused to slower weapons after binging on Elf Sword & Daggers but is it me or is dodging a bit trickier now? Like I can't quite explain it but I feel like you get hit a lot more now even if you were in the process of dodging. It could just be those aforementioned reasons on my end though.

If you're using the 2h hammer it got its dodge count dropped to 1 which has made them almost unusable for me.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So if crossbows penetrate infinite times now, and you had a strength potion, and you saw a stormvermin patrol marching directly toward you in a straight line,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Digirat posted:

So if crossbows penetrate infinite times now, and you had a strength potion, and you saw a stormvermin patrol marching directly toward you in a straight line,

the crossbow did not bodyshot a stormvermin on Nightmare yesterday while running a damage increase so i'm not entirely certain it would work :(

other note, by the way: handguns have ZERO penetration since the patch, which makes Rupture basically a requirement on all handguns - having some rear end in a top hat clanrat juke in front of your shot against a gutter runner or something is terrible. with master crafted still very highly advisable, this makes Bardin's red handgun basically the ideal handgun (bloodlust, rupture, master crafted). keep this in mind if you see it on the quest board.

• Locked thread