Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
FYI, Rutgers wanted to talk to Phil Longo (Sam Houston St OC) for their OC opening, and was told he's a done deal to Ole Miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
plus why would he take a demotion

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rutgers knew he was their kinda coach when they saw him lose 65-7

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Man it's gonna be fun when all your athletic programs are awful. Can't even play the "but Iowa City isn't awful unlike the rest of Iowa" card now. It all needs to be cleansed by fire.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

Man it's gonna be fun when all your athletic programs are awful.

Doesn't sound that fun tbh, but you'd know what that's like better than anyone else so I'll take your word for it

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.google.com/amp/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1190313-rutgers-10-greatest-d-i-victories-of-all-time-number-1.amp.html

Rutgers caused the Iran hostage situation.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
But the Rutgers men's basketball team is 10-1, dog

I'd make myself bleed to have Nebraska be 10-1 right now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Which one of Rutgers' 4 Big Ten victories is your favorite?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Piscataway even beats out West Lafayette as the worst Big Ten city.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Which one of Rutgers' 4 Big Ten victories is your favorite?

My personal favorite is when they beat Michigan.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ugh, I'm still so pissed about Leavitt going to Oregon. Not necessarily because he left, I was bracing myself for it all year, but the fact that we offered a Broyles award finalist only $800k!

I made a post a few weks ago saying I doubt CU would go cheap on coach salaries, after committing almost $200 million to the athletic facilities... and then they did, utterly nonsensical. We'd better not replace Leavitt with an internal promotion or I'll just blow up

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

MourningView posted:

Sucks for Buff fans to lose him to a conference rival

yeah that loving blows

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Jim Levitt is a serial abuser who shouldn't be working, but hey,

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Winning talks, bullshit walks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What happened?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

What happened?

Fired from USF in 2010 for punching a player in the locker room at halftime.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

Fired from USF in 2010 for punching a player in the locker room at halftime.

:stonk:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Which was reportedly not an isolated incident.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ole Miss has apparently hired Auburn secondary coach Wesley McGriff as their defensive coordinator.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Which was reportedly not an isolated incident.

It also didn't happen anywhere near as badly as it was reported. Also the event pretty much ruined the kid's life heh

Source: I know the family and the kid that got hit and his mom was my Science teacher.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

vyst posted:

It also didn't happen anywhere near as badly as it was reported. Also the event pretty much ruined the kid's life heh

Source: I know the family and the kid that got hit and his mom was my Science teacher.

I am going to say there's prolly a little Stockholm Syndrome here, tbh. Everything I've ever heard about him points to him being a complete rear end in a top hat who thinks its okay to put hands on players.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am going to say there's prolly a little Stockholm Syndrome here, tbh. Everything I've ever heard about him points to him being a complete rear end in a top hat who thinks its okay to put hands on players.

I feel bad for the kid. His dad was a huge rear end in a top hat and was upset with his lack of playing time and he was the real catalyst for blowing this all up into something larger than it was.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

vyst posted:

I feel bad for the kid. His dad was a huge rear end in a top hat and was upset with his lack of playing time and he was the real catalyst for blowing this all up into something larger than it was.

I am pretty sure that it was more than just an incident, given that the administration didn't have a hate boner for him and infact he'd built the dang program.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Anyone think hiting Rocky Seto from the Seahawks as defensive coordinator would be a good move/something Colorado could pull off? I dont know anything about the guy, but CU fans have had a boner for him since the last timr we were looking for a defensive coordinator and want him this time as well

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am pretty sure that it was more than just an incident, given that the administration didn't have a hate boner for him and infact he'd built the dang program.

I don't really know anything about the Leavitt thing, but all of those criteria apply to Mike Leach at Tech, who is almost universally recognized as having gotten A Raw Deal.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

I don't really know anything about the Leavitt thing, but all of those criteria apply to Mike Leach at Tech, who is almost universally recognized as having gotten A Raw Deal.

Leach wasn't well liked by administration and didn't build the program.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Elko to nd

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

an adult beverage posted:

Piscataway even beats out West Lafayette as the worst Big Ten city.

Y'all have never been to College Park. I'm guessing not Piscataway either? Because College Park is loving horrible.

Piscataway is just a generic suburb. New Brunswick is cool enough.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah dude is a loving crazy person.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

He did win the wrongful termination lawsuit against USF afterwards, IIRC. And he seems to have kept clean since then. I think I'm plenty desperate enough.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jordanis posted:

He did win the wrongful termination lawsuit against USF afterwards, IIRC. And he seems to have kept clean since then. I think I'm plenty desperate enough.

They settled which doesn't mean poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mike Elko noooo. :(

gently caress Notre Dame forever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The court of public opinion pegged him guilty on day one and they didn't really have much choice but to fire him. The settlement was certainly enough for Leavitt to feel comfortable walking away and feeling some sort of vindication that there are threads of truth to the wrongful termination especially considering Florida is a right to work state.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Notre Dame is a good place for a promising assistant to go so one can get a little head coaching experience as interim after Kelly is invariably fired mid-season.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Man it's gonna be fun when all your athletic programs are awful. Can't even play the "but Iowa City isn't awful unlike the rest of Iowa" card now. It all needs to be cleansed by fire.

Shut the gently caress up you jersey pile of poo poo. Rutgers sucks, bitch.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Komet posted:

Notre Dame is a good place for a promising assistant to go so one can get a little head coaching experience as interim after Kelly is invariably fired mid-season.

Nah, they are probably going to start 6-0 or 5-1 and be ranked in the Top 10 before they finish the year with 8 or 9 wins and somehow still end up in the Orange Bowl.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only good thing to ever come from New Bruinswick/Rutgers is the Screaming Females

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Alaois posted:

the only good thing to ever come from New Bruinswick/Rutgers is the Screaming Females

c'mon man, Grease Trucks

One of them almost killed the Man vs Food guy, that's gotta count for something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

c'mon man, Grease Trucks

One of them almost killed the Man vs Food guy, that's gotta count for something

I love fat sandwiches, but fat sandwiches are not a good force in this world. they are an evil.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Just occurred to me that USF's last two head coaches are now at Oregon.

Don't the Pac 12 know the American is the Big 12's farm league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Charlie Strong: “I baked the cake at Texas. Now it’s Tom Herman’s job to put icing on the cake & win a lot of games."

:jerkbag:

• Locked thread