Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

The Duggler posted:

Glaz is really fun now, he can one shot low armor guys from close distance

I've always just played him like the sniper in Call of Duty 1/United Offensive in that you can just run around and insta kill people through loose hipshots treating the gun more like a shotgun than a sniper rifle. The damage is so high it lets you get away with it more often than not and nobody expects you to play so aggressively with that operator. When they hear you firing off shots like that they will think you're just busting windows and are a lot farther away than you really are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard we need answers for the important questions and we need them now.

Starting with what the gently caress this is:

http://imgur.com/FoykImq

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

IceOrb posted:

No actual fixes for lighting, only mapping workarounds, expect to see a little archway made out of vents placed around each door and window.

Eventually I'm sure they'll get tired of doing it per door/window and will just scale up the model to a ridiculous size and each map will have a giant archway that blots out the sun.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Perfect.

Then we can find in the shade.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard this patch owns, congrats to you and the team.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IceOrb posted:

I was confused until I realized it was casting a shadow on the trapdoor, lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lohli posted:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, echo kinda sucks and is a bit of a lovely way to encourage defenders to be idle and monitoring drones/cams before they get killed, between his 3armour snail's pace clomping around and the fairly large amount of time it takes to get off his phone it's very hard to actually take advantage of his drone in situations where teammates can't help. It basically condemns him to the consolation hell of helping your team by watching cams usually reserved for the shameful idiot who gets themselves killed at the start of the round.This is often me anyway!
Sure, Echo is a bad roamer, but he is not meant to be a roamer. Echo is very good objective defender, and if you have someone watching cameras only after they die then your team is playing like garbage anyways.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

This patch is so good.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hey if this is the way to remove lightning issues within the game then I'm cool with that.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
An amazing kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebga6wZa2I

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Has this been posted? (Also, not mine)

https://i.imgur.com/VEA9OmX.gifv

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I didn't make this, but I stand behind it's message.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

I didn't make this, but I stand behind it's message.

Needs a fourth guy labelled "Rainbow Six: Siege" at the end, there.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
The dubstep is Siege.

e: VV :golfclap:

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 16, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

D-d-d-drop the client

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Needs a fourth guy labelled "Rainbow Six: Siege" at the end, there.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ran into this situation last night:

As Montagne, I had my shield extended and was peeking a hole in a wooden wall. Castle comes along and throws an impact grenade and hits his side of the wall. I took full impact grenade damage instead of having it reduced by the shield.

It definitely didn't hit behind me since it created a big hole to vault through. Is that a glitch or are impact grenades exempt from the explosion reduction for some reason?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It would give people a reason to chuck impacts at shield users for a change rather than downed people/walls if that was the case.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Played some rounds this morning before work, game feels great.

Hibana shotgun rush is amazing as long as you don't run into Caveira alone

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Great Beer posted:

Ran into this situation last night:

As Montagne, I had my shield extended and was peeking a hole in a wooden wall. Castle comes along and throws an impact grenade and hits his side of the wall. I took full impact grenade damage instead of having it reduced by the shield.

It definitely didn't hit behind me since it created a big hole to vault through. Is that a glitch or are impact grenades exempt from the explosion reduction for some reason?

by design, a fully absorbed impact grenade should do about 2 dmg to you.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

:3:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Party Plane Jones posted:

It would give people a reason to chuck impacts at shield users for a change rather than downed people/walls if that was the case.

one time i went to throw an impact grenade around acorner cause we were trying to suppress it (or whatever you call it when you spam entire magazines down a bottleneck) and as i went around i ended up beaming it directly into an enemy's face for an instakill because they ran towards us :supaburn:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

by design, a fully absorbed impact grenade should do about 2 dmg to you.

It did around 40.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I was about to go quote myself, too.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
The new tchanka shield is pretty amazing.

Was playing a round as Glaz on favela, secure area, with the armory being the area to capture. Their tchanka had set up in that little closet off the armory behind a deployable shield looking back into the armory. Someone on my team had breached the external wall to that closet so the turret was left unmanned.

Queue me hopping on it and mowing down the entire defending team one by one as they try to take me out from using it. Their only hope was a c4 which I think only their pulse had and he didnt last long enough to detonate it once he peeked his head out.

Sometimes i wish i recorded my gameplay.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You pretty much can always do so, unless you play on PC with AMD graphics card.

E: After googling some unrelated stuff, apparently it's been implemented natively on AMD as well, so there's hardly a reason not to be recording at all times.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 17, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh man scope zoom effects shotgun spread just like in borderlands.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You pretty much can always do so, unless you play on PC with AMD graphics card.

AMD's new ReLive system, once I installed it for the second time, is phenomenal for recording.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

AMD's new ReLive system, once I installed it for the second time, is phenomenal for recording.

Doesn't seem to be working in Siege for me, I wondered if BE was blocking the hotkeys/overlay, but I've seen that others have been able to get it working, did you have to do anything special to get it to play nice with Siege(or rather, for Siege to play nice with it)?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

lohli posted:

Doesn't seem to be working in Siege for me, I wondered if BE was blocking the hotkeys/overlay, but I've seen that others have been able to get it working, did you have to do anything special to get it to play nice with Siege(or rather, for Siege to play nice with it)?

Sure did. Step one was swearing at it for 30 minutes as I couldn't figure out why it was just saving 4kb files to the destination folder. Step two was completely uninstalling all my Radeon software and drivers. Step three was a fresh install, and then it all worked great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/pda5w

Hard! :argh:

(Nevermind the audio desync, Lightworks does not like variable framerate recordings)

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
The old point values to gain a rank need to be reintroduced for next season, I still dont understand why it has been lowered when the wipe was in. Ranked is now one giant soup of silver skill players in platin and diamond.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
less points per rank means they rank down faster too, so what's the issue?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Sure did. Step one was swearing at it for 30 minutes as I couldn't figure out why it was just saving 4kb files to the destination folder. Step two was completely uninstalling all my Radeon software and drivers. Step three was a fresh install, and then it all worked great.

When you say a fresh install I assume you're talking about running something like DDU and reinstalling drivers? Or do you mean the game?

Already did the former to no avail, poo poo works great in other games though.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

lohli posted:

When you say a fresh install I assume you're talking about running something like DDU and reinstalling drivers? Or do you mean the game?

Already did the former to no avail, poo poo works great in other games though.

I meant the former. If you've tried that, then I'm plum out of ideas. It looks like a bunch of people are having difficulty with it, so I'm sure there will be some fixes real soon.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

I meant the former. If you've tried that, then I'm plum out of ideas. It looks like a bunch of people are having difficulty with it, so I'm sure there will be some fixes real soon.

Fix your game, Hard.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

The old point values to gain a rank need to be reintroduced for next season, I still dont understand why it has been lowered when the wipe was in. Ranked is now one giant soup of silver skill players in platin and diamond.
Old point values were the same as now, just scaled. When they changed the ranking system, they removed the scaling from the rank distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
in terrorist hunt on bartlett in the lower library, there's a resupply box that's covered by a couch

• Locked thread