Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

maybe it's the fever and crushing sense of despair but I don't have very much hope that someone will save us

only we can save ourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
david brock looks like a david cross character from a mr. show skit, i'm not 100% convinced that he isn't

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

David Brock looks like that Japanese Nazi from Raiders in mid face melt

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
That picture especially looks like a really photorealistic painting rather than an actual photograph.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

maybe it's the fever and crushing sense of despair but I don't have very much hope that someone will save us

I am not sick, but the last ~48 hours have finally left me shook over 2016.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I think Warren's gonna try for the 2020 presidency. Both her and Booker got Foreign Relations Committee assignments, and that's where everyone goes to shore up their presidential resume. Of course Booker is going to try and run as well, so there's that.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Venom Snake posted:

lol if u dont proselytize while high on cold dmeds

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Donald Trump could correctly identify the battleground states on a map. The bar for not being the election's biggest idiot is not very high but he cleared it, unlike some people of note.

I personally have had enough of calling Republicans idiots at least until Democrats can cease being even bigger idiots because watching people yell 'idiots!' at people who are running rings around them is very embarrassing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
big, if true

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/809620477933142016

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Aurubin posted:

I think Warren's gonna try for the 2020 presidency. Both her and Booker got Foreign Relations Committee assignments, and that's where everyone goes to shore up their presidential resume. Of course Booker is going to try and run as well, so there's that.

Corey Booker is going to spend his time trying to build up a pres. resume and meeting with potential donors, meanwhile the progressive wing is going to actually organize the country in defeating the GOP in 2018 and 2020.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the clinton general campaign was a holy, blameless child joe u should know this

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

They're just going to keep going with this. The "centrists" that have basically been running the country since I was born, have given themselves brain damage. Trump has somehow caused the train (beautiful, perfect diesel obviously) to derail.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

she should have stayed in the woods

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

she should have stayed in the woods

with her money she could've hosed off to a manse in the south pacific with a covey of dutiful handmaidens

but no

there's 2020 to look towards

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Interesting tidbit, let the better progressive win, whoever that is.

quote:

MIAMI — U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a leading candidate to head the national Democratic Party, plans to endorse major Miami donor Stephen Bittel for Florida Democratic Party Chair in a move that helps settle warring factions of the state and national parties.
Sanders endorsed Ellison for DNC chair just a day after the group Our Revolution — a political organization launched by Sanders’ supporters — endorsed Bittel’s rival in the state Democratic Party chair race, Miami state Sen. Dwight Bullard.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
im so loving mad at the clinton campaign still

i dont know when i'll ever get over this

They fuckin' had every advantage in the world and they just... hosed it all up. Which, hey, man. Everyone fucks up.

But they goddamn won't loving ADMIT IT. She HID during election night and for a month it's been Comey Comey Russians Fake Media like... just admit it! Just admit you hosed up!

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Grondoth posted:

They fuckin' had every advantage in the world and they just... hosed it all up. Which, hey, man. Everyone fucks up.

But they goddamn won't loving ADMIT IT. She HID during election night and for a month it's been Comey Comey Russians Fake Media like... just admit it! Just admit you hosed up!

It's very odd. I remember Kerry getting demolished and everyone kind of admitted he was weak and moved on.

I think the problem is that Hillary, for better or for worse, is sort of the apex of the ideals of this conception of the Democratic Party; in many people's minds, they are inseparable. it follows that admitting Hillary failed is tantamount to admitting that this current incarnation of the Democratic party failed, which can be a rough pill to swallow for some people.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Grondoth posted:

I know this is hard one for us leftists to grasp, but admitting you hosed up is the biggest mistake any kind of public organization/politician can make these days. If you just refuse to apologize, people will rush to defend you indefinitely and make up elaborate reasons for why you don't need to apologize.

Look at the "relief" for Hurricane Katrina or Haiti. Look at the oil spill cleanup. Look at Trump's entire career. Look at what the Republicans have done for the past 8 years.

Never. Ever. Apologize. It's not like people even believe apologies are sincere anyways.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Grondoth posted:

This.

People often say they are tired of the dogpile progressives and leftists are putting on the establishment wing, but the reason why it doesn't stop is because neither Hillary and co. nor her fans will admit that they did anything significantly wrong, nor do they want to do any significant changes within their strategy. Their political outlook has only moved a notch after this election, when it should turn 180 degrees.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's very odd. I remember Kerry getting demolished and everyone kind of admitted he was weak and moved on.

At least with Kerry there was relatively high turnout for the Republican side. Meanwhile Trump technically had less eligible voters turnout for him than Mitt Romney.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Did the Republicans go out and apologize for the Bush years and the economic collapse? gently caress no. They just forgot about Bush and blamed the Dems for everything. They convinced their voting base Obama was president during the financial collapse, Katina, and 9/11.

Time to blame everything ever on Trump and ignore Clinton.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

comingafteryouall posted:

I know this is hard one for us leftists to grasp, but admitting you hosed up is the biggest mistake any kind of public organization/politician can make these days. If you just refuse to apologize, people will rush to defend you indefinitely and make up elaborate reasons for why you don't need to apologize.

Look at the "relief" for Hurricane Katrina or Haiti. Look at the oil spill cleanup. Look at Trump's entire career. Look at what the Republicans have done for the past 8 years.

Never. Ever. Apologize. It's not like people even believe apologies are sincere anyways.

Don't conflate apologies for post-mortems. There's no apology involved in admitting that you've made severe ideological, organizational, and strategic gently caress ups while attempting to come up with solutions. Refusing to admit you did anything wrong after the biggest and most obvious political fuckup of the 21st century is the worst thing to do right now because it validates opposition and encourages even more infighting. If centrists are going to desperately cling to power like this, then we're going to have to pry off their fingers one by one.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Don't conflate apologies for post-mortems. There's no apology involved in admitting that you've made severe ideological, organizational, and strategic gently caress ups while attempting to come up with solutions. Refusing to admit you did anything wrong after the biggest and most obvious political fuckup of the 21st century is the worst thing to do right now because it validates opposition and encourages even more infighting. If centrists are going to desperately cling to power like this, then we're going to have to pry off their fingers one by one.

Isn't it smarter to admit to gently caress ups internally, in private party meetings, while pushing some other story in public? I'm not saying that's what the Dems are doing, from some posters' personal experiences it looks like a lot of them are on the Comey-Russia train.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

comingafteryouall posted:

I don't want an apology, I just want some sort of recognition of their failures so that it's clear they understand what happened

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

When Republicans refused to heed the warnings of their own autopsy report, it only further alienated its far right and radicalized a support base which was waiting for a demagogue like Trump to come along & sweep the field. If establishment Dems want to radicalize the party in favor of its far left, then I'm not going to stop them. That sure is a massive loving mistake on their part, though.

We're already talking fondly about Huey Long & LBJ ITT, because we're ready to have our own vulgarian peoples' champions to dominate congress and shove leftwing populism down their throats.

e:

Barbe Rouge posted:

Isn't it smarter to admit to gently caress ups internally, in private party meetings, while pushing some other story in public? I'm not saying that's what the Dems are doing, from some posters' personal experiences it looks like a lot of them are on the Comey-Russia train.

See above ;)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

The Kingfish posted:

Your argument speaks for itself.

Trump is almost definitely a rapist, yes.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Fuckin weak. Watched for 5 minutes. No seizure. 1/10 would give zero stars if possible.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also seriously lol @ all the lefties getting on the hate hillary bandwagon
buy the ticket take the ride

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

navyjack posted:

Fuckin weak. Watched for 5 minutes. No seizure. 1/10 would give zero stars if possible.

The only true seizure inducing thing ever broadcast anywhere was that one pokemon episode

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Aurubin posted:

I can't even imagine how knives out a booker vs warren primary fight would be. holy poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It seems so loving odd that Obama is going to try to do something now. Not a month ago. Today in a few hours he will say something.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Now that the election is over there's like no reason not to fuckin dunk on her, fuckkkkin croooked hilaryyyy. :argh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Baloogan posted:

i'm just glad a hate hillary bandwagon exists within the dems now. wasn't fun being told i had an irrational hatred of hillary all the time

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CheeseSpawn posted:

Interesting tidbit, let the better progressive win, whoever that is.

im... not at all happy about ellison's endorsement here

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

trump truth guns god and america

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

Save yourselves. Have you considered running for a local office? You should.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7MGM_xFC8

jesus christ liberals cant help themselves :negative:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7MGM_xFC8

jesus christ liberals cant help themselves :negative:

I love the rationale that the Electoral College is bad because it's antidemocratic, but the antidemocratic reason it was made - is good.

Liberal worship of Hamilton is being realized politically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0iuWh3sek

In the spirit of democracy they disabled both comments and ratings on the original upload.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 12:48 on Dec 16, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bob Odenkirk... no :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I love the rationale that the Electoral College is bad because it's antidemocratic, but the antidemocratic reason it was made - is good.

Liberal worship of Hamilton is being realized politically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0iuWh3sek

In the spirit of democracy they disabled both comments and ratings on the original upload.

I wish I would have thought to put up open source versions of the Federalist Papers on Kindle for $1.99 after she lost. Coulda made some cash.

• Locked thread