Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Baloogan posted:

Also seriously lol @ all the lefties getting on the hate hillary bandwagon
buy the ticket take the ride

I have no more reason or obligation to like her now that she ate poo poo on live TV, smashed into the loving wall because she couldn't turn left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Actually who am I kidding. Most of these new faithless elector 'experts' probably haven't even read a Wikipedia page about it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

my opinion on Clinton since the election has moved steadily from "she's fine but she failed so she's gotta go" to "holy poo poo she hired the most incompetent people ever and trusted them and please, please gently caress off". the more I read about their operation the more baffled I become that anybody thought this poo poo was a good idea

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

paranoid randroid posted:

getting mad at Stein voters is wrongheaded because Stein was so incredibly loving useless she couldnt even manage to Nader up the election. shes just totally incompetent and inconsequential in every way lmao.

similarly, Johnson voters are all basically Darryl Perry, and why even bother getting worked up by those clowns

exactly, its just a waste of time at best, divide and conquer poo poo at worst

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Serf posted:

my opinion on Clinton since the election has moved steadily from "she's fine but she failed so she's gotta go" to "holy poo poo she hired the most incompetent people ever and trusted them and please, please gently caress off". the more I read about their operation the more baffled I become that anybody thought this poo poo was a good idea

ive been reading about what she did as secretary of state and holy gently caress she has no good graces from me anymore

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I wish I would have thought to put up open source versions of the Federalist Papers on Kindle for $1.99 after she lost. Coulda made some cash.

Why do that when you can get the Hamilton Mixtape off of Apple Music? #woke #NoJohnTrumbull

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

ive been reading about what she did as secretary of state and holy gently caress she has no good graces from me anymore

the acceptance of the third way types by people with decent principle was fundamentally transactional: they were allowed to lead because they could deliver victory over republicans and tories. nothing else about them was ever desirable.

now they've lost their only selling point and they're shocked that people don't like them any more.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the democratic party will never be reformed to reflect leftist ideals. it literally needs to be destroyed for there to be room for a new workers party to take its place. the centrists are never ever ever going to realize that they're losing because they aren't left enough. they would rather have a trump presidency than a bernie one.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
D&D.txt

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

lmao dems gonna cave on Obamacare and smile while they do it
remember my post about them decrying ubi as a pipe dream while signing off on gas chambers for poors

not hyperbole

best part is, they'll still lose seats to repubs because capitulating has saved them 0 seats ever since the tea party

Serf
May 5, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

remember my post about them decrying ubi as a pipe dream while signing off on gas chambers for poors

not hyperbole

best part is, they'll still lose seats to repubs because capitulating has saved them 0 seats ever since the tea party

which is again why we need to organize an effort to primary any quislings with progressive alternatives

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is making the rounds on facebook currently.

Sharing and image like this which was created by some rando with 100 twitter followers and that has no sources or references for how they made their categorizations to complain about fake news is pretty woke.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 14:58 on Dec 16, 2016

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Good to know that the Washington "Bruce Rappaport" post is a reliable source that has no bias.

Speaking of, do we get to go back and call that fake news? Or do we have to pretend that false things did not exist before October and all fake news is anti-Hillary?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Sharing and image like this which was created by who knows and that has no sources or references for how they made their categorizations to complain about fake news is pretty woke.

what a dumb loving image

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Sharing and image like this which was created by some rando with 100 twitter followers and that has no sources or references for how they made their categorizations to complain about fake news is pretty woke.

I guess they only tune in to Fox News for Shep because that's the only way you could consider them credible but partisan.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's very odd. I remember Kerry getting demolished and everyone kind of admitted he was weak and moved on.

Probably because there weren't internet leftist who got into an autistic rage every time someone mentioned swift boating because it might for one microsecond take focus off of how Kerry was a bad candidate and person.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
The Economist is way less conservative than the WSJ Editorial page at this point.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

zegermans posted:

Probably because there weren't internet leftist who got into an autistic rage every time someone mentioned swift boating because it might for one microsecond take focus off of how Kerry was a bad candidate and person.

if you're still a centrist after this election you're a class traitor

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

not hyperbole

I mean, I suppose it could all be a "fine, we'll work with you if you're not going to be horrible OH LOOK YOU'RE BEING HORRIBLE gently caress YOU THEN" play like Bernie did shortly after the election. My hopes are not high, though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I remember reading in like 2010 or some poo poo about how some emails or something showed that she was having State Department people spy on UN leaders like Ban Ki-moon and poo poo

like didn't she ask them to steal their credit card information and poo poo lmao

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

Also seriously lol @ all the lefties getting on the hate hillary bandwagon
buy the ticket take the ride

Is it a bandwagon if I've been here since 2008

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Is it a bandwagon if I've been here since 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Peel posted:

the acceptance of the third way types by people with decent principle was fundamentally transactional: they were allowed to lead because they could deliver victory over republicans and tories. nothing else about them was ever desirable.

now they've lost their only selling point and they're shocked that people don't like them any more.

there was a moment i almost thought she was indicted and even tho id be banned id be free from pretending to like hillary clonton

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

zegermans posted:

Hmm interesting. Allow me to take a sip of water and ponder over the election results with this in mi

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fiction posted:

Hmm interesting. Allow me to take a sip of water and ponder over the election results with this in mi
*being whacked over the head as a live whack-a-poor, the new decadent billionaire game*

campaign donations *conk* are worth more *conk* than votes *skull crushed*

*siren blares with the word BONUS POINTS flashing*

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I think my literal autistic rage comes from the fact that Hillary set herself up for a run for eight years and in that time learned nothing from her mistakes and lost an easy election to a reality TV star. When Trump puts me and the rest of the erbkranken in the camps I'll know who to blame, and it won't be Michael Tracey.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lmao if you're not going to do this when the fourth reich comes knocking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylpjtw4KRzI&t=30s

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
if this dumb subforum had been around in 2004, the post mortem would be as follows:

"Boy it sucks that Kerry couldn't stop flinging is caviar-speckled poo poo at everyone and was a plank of wood. We also need to be more proactive in the future against smear campaigns"

"Maybe you wouldn't have to be proactive if you ran a better candidate like Howard Dean"

"Well yeah but still swiftboating could be an issue in the future"

"actually the swift boaters were right and maybe don't run a guy who lied about his war record?!"

Zerg Mans has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Dec 16, 2016

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Ah yes, Hillary being characterized as a crony of the bankers when she was making secret speeches to the bankers about how the bankers should have more control in government is just like people lying about a Purple Heart veteran's service.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

if this dumb subforum had been around in 2004, the post mortem would be as follows:

"Boy it sucks that Kerry couldn't stop flinging is caviar-speckled poo poo at everyone and was a plank of wood. We also need to be more proactive in the future against smear campaigns"

"Maybe you wouldn't have to be proactive if you ran a better candidate like Howard Dean"

"actually the swift boaters were right and maybe don't run a guy who lied about his war record?!"

Man, it's a lot easier to argue against arguments that weren't made in the past than to argue against stuff now.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fiction posted:

I think my literal autistic rage comes from the fact that Hillary set herself up for a run for eight years and in that time learned nothing from her mistakes and lost an easy election to a reality TV star. When Trump puts me and the rest of the erbkranken in the camps I'll know who to blame, and it won't be Michael Tracey.

everybody who dislikes Michael Tracey doesn't like him entirely because he doesn't immediately block people with pepe avatars

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Man, it's a lot easier to argue against arguments that weren't made in the past than to argue against stuff now.
it's also much easier to argue against pedant-level nonargument components than it is to actually argue a point, at least for zegerman

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I see no difference in factual basis or partisanship between swiftboating and the FBI email investigation, and people have constantly said "maybe don't nominate a person under FBI investigation?!"

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

zegermans posted:

I see no difference in factual basis or partisanship between swiftboating and the FBI email investigation, and people have constantly said "maybe don't nominate a person under FBI investigation?!"

lol if you think the email leaks were insubstantial

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

theres a will theres moe posted:

Also, right wingers are the biggest political correctness babies of them all. [TRIGGER WARNING] Happy holidays.

thats just the biggest irony of all isn't it

the safe space now becomes theirs :grin:

livelihood being threatened? my chance to be rich is being threatened? well im gonna go batshit and slur at you for it, im already claustrophobic as it is

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

zegermans posted:

this is wrong but only because people can't bring themselves to feel that strongly about john kerry no matter what he does

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"my compatriots advocate for mass execution of poors and that's perfectly fine, but by golly i will clutch my pearls if the trend isn't infallible deferrence to the capitalist elite for funding while letting them crush the aforementioned poor and it's not like the capitalist elite will turn their back on us when we lose"

*capitalist elite turns back on them*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

"my compatriots advocate for mass execution of poors and that's perfectly fine, but by golly i will clutch my pearls if the trend isn't infallible deferrence to the capitalist elite for funding while letting them crush the aforementioned poor and it's not like the capitalist elite will turn their back on us when we lose"

*capitalist elite turns back on them*

no wait im a card carrying member of the republican party

i swear im good for it, let me be rich too please

im doing everything like you said, hold up your end of the bargain

[frantically puts on hat]

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Al! posted:

there was a moment i almost thought she was indicted and even tho id be banned id be free from pretending to like hillary clonton

hey at least i got paid for it :$oros:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

no wait im a card carrying member of the republican party

i swear im good for it, let me be rich too please

im doing everything like you said, hold up your end of the bargain

[frantically puts on hat]
i wonder if they'll get beat up worse among the prisoners in labor camps than a child molester in genpop

• Locked thread