Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Trastion posted:

This is the correct answer. I abandoned the all undead team and went back to my BombBot team that kill everything in 3-4 moves. Way faster and can do more games.

There are fast teams that also generate souls. I must have more souls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
That would be either The Dragon Soul or Valkyrie+Crimson Bat teams

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandire posted:

Did anyone else not get the daily login bonus this morning? I know the game has had this problem in the past. I've never missed it before though because I always kick the app out of memory when I'm done playing. Hoping its something patch related.

I launched the Steam app and got my daily bonus. Weird.

Trastion posted:

This is the correct answer. I abandoned the all undead team and went back to my BombBot team that kill everything in 3-4 moves. Way faster and can do more games.

I expected that to be the case. That's not a big enough bonus to overcome how much slower it would be.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Yeah, atm I'm running Ysabelle, Dragon Soul, Bombot, Warlock for soul/traitstone/kill undead farming. I figure I'll get the 3x Avina for this week then leave it, since trying to get more than 50 event points a day is a major loving headache.

Has anyone played arena since the patch? I wanna know how the boosts affect picks.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Unfortunately the RNG hates me and I don't have The Dragon Soul...

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I made an all human team from Darkstone. Anointed One gets huge, and will eventually one-shot anything with a skull match. But it had no direct damage except for Dark Master's pathetic 9 damage. I threw Dimetraxia in instead of Dark Master, but it's still really slow if I don't get lucky with skulls.

All human might work better. Queen Ysabelle would work well with Anointed One. Avina for souls. Or throw in Sacrificial Priest to blow up Anointed One after a while. With the Priest, Dark Master and/or Corrupt Sorceress become more useful.

E: Anointed One, Queen Ysabelle, Valkyrie, and Corrupt Sorceress works.
Anointed One + Queen Ysabelle is fun. I'm glad this event gives an excuse to use Anointed One. I've had one fully traited for months but could never justify using it seriously. Getting 100+ attack then nuking with Ysabelle makes me happy.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Ysabelle and Valk work great together. One feeds the other.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I have a team with anointed one/val/ysabelle/KoS and they're pretty good, but very slow compared to the dragon team. Every team I make is slow compared to them, though, it's a real bummer.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

What Bombot team are people using? I can't seem to come up with one that's faster than even my souls farmer, Warlock x3, TDS. Or alternatively, what's a good fast TDS farm team?

Also I pulled a Gard's Avatar from glory chests, that should be fun once it's traited out.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
The event bonuses don't seem to apply to Arena. Not sure if that's WAD or not.

Tacet picked a Thrall to use in his Arena team on last night's stream. Thrall's card showed the double green arrows suggesting he would get 50% stats (and the stats were inflated on the card itself) but once a battle started Thrall's stats were normal. So it's either a bug, or the devs need to clarify that event bonuses don't apply to Arena.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Gaukler posted:

What Bombot team are people using? I can't seem to come up with one that's faster than even my souls farmer, Warlock x3, TDS. Or alternatively, what's a good fast TDS farm team?

Also I pulled a Gard's Avatar from glory chests, that should be fun once it's traited out.

Mine is Deep Borer***, Bomb Bot***, Steam Turret*** & Prismatic Orb (which I just realized isn't traited at all...) and then I am using the Double Brown Banner.

Hit Prismatic Orb on Bomb Bot as many times as you need to until the math is right to kill the entire other team. If something survives you hit it with Steam Turret.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Trastion posted:

Mine is Deep Borer***, Bomb Bot***, Steam Turret*** & Prismatic Orb (which I just realized isn't traited at all...) and then I am using the Double Brown Banner.

Hit Prismatic Orb on Bomb Bot as many times as you need to until the math is right to kill the entire other team. If something survives you hit it with Steam Turret.

Make your hero a thrice-traited Mechanist so that all of the troops start with half mana. Matches with this team tend to last less time than the loading screens between matches.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Depending on your level, Golden Cog doubles an allies armor for 11 red/yellow. You have to have 40 red/yellow mastery for that though.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Is it a good assumption that the new event point currency will roll over between weeks?

Also, I'm happy the difficulty chooser art was updated, looks way better now.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The kill undead Frag the Hag event? I'm pretty sure that will reset to zero at the end of the week

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bandire posted:

Depending on your level, Golden Cog doubles an allies armor for 11 red/yellow. You have to have 40 red/yellow mastery for that though.

True, but the Orb collects purple/green mana and creates gems when fired. I've used Cog on a team with Rowanne before (and other troops not blocked by Cog), and it was awesome.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandire posted:

Did anyone else not get the daily login bonus this morning? I know the game has had this problem in the past. I've never missed it before though because I always kick the app out of memory when I'm done playing. Hoping its something patch related.

Bandire posted:

I launched the Steam app and got my daily bonus. Weird.

Day two of not getting the bonus on the phone app and having to collect it on Steam. Submitted a ticket after uninstalling and reinstalling.

Edit: On Android.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 16, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bandire posted:

Day two of not getting the bonus on the phone app and having to collect it on Steam. Submitted a ticket after uninstalling and reinstalling.

yeah same here. I haven't been getting the bonus either.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Okay good, I'm not the only one. Thought I might've forgotten getting it this morning when half asleep.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
This game was fun for a while, but even with the new changes I'm just not into it any more. Feel free to boot Stacker from Gem Boiz.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Every time the game updates I just randomly don't get my daily bonus for about a week. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one now? Hopefully it clears up shortly.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Are you guys doing PVP? Sometimes clicking the PVP button forces the update for me.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Are you guys doing PVP? Sometimes clicking the PVP button forces the update for me.

This worked for me. Just clicking on PvP made it go right to the daily bonuses.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Night Danger Moose posted:

This worked for me. Just clicking on PvP made it go right to the daily bonuses.

I'll try that tomorrow. I'm too anal to let the bonus streak die so I've been loading the Steam app to grab the bonus.

Edit: Yeah tapping the PVP button fixed it. I don't usually PVP much after I hit max tier.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 17, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The event currency is not a currency. It's a score. You don't spend the green blobs. It's a benchmark. The rewards unlock at the benchmark, but don't reduce your score when collected.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is there a goon guild?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

LLSix posted:

Is there a goon guild?

We have two. Gem Boiz has some room so post your invite code if you want in. Make sure to leave your current guild if you are in one.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
When is the new kingdom expected?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
In a about a month, around january 20. It will most likely be an elf kingdom.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I hope that unicorn riding woman is a new Khorvash. The Pirate Kingdom was pretty underwhelming, troop wise.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

I hope that unicorn riding woman is a new Khorvash. The Pirate Kingdom was pretty underwhelming, troop wise.

bonnie is a really good one-shotter

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
Does Gem Blossums usually hit 20k seals on non holiday weeks? Do I blow all these seals at 10k? Do I need these guild constructs? Do you even get the constructs at 20k?

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 19, 2016

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Blossums used to hit 20k regularly, but I have fallen off in activity lately now that pretty much every kingdom that's 6- or 7-starrable has been. I imagine others have done the same. You will always get guardians at a roughly 50% rate no matter which level the chests are at. The chest level only affects what the non-guardian cards are. The guardians themselves are of varying use. Courage (and recently Justice, I think) are widely held to be good or overpowered. Sacrifice is widely regarded as weak.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Grundulum posted:

Sacrifice is widely regarded as weak.

And therefore funny to use as my pvp defense team solo. Since I found out about the way the game determines ranked opponents, the weekly race to tier 1 has become much easier.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This week's event is interesting. Extra trait stones from PVP if you use the snowman. It's damage is boosted by Frozen enemies, and fey troops are boosted, so Mab is an obvious choice.

To be a dick, I may make my defense team of all troops with Impervious. Or be a nice guy and make a team of monsters and dragons so people can get the event points.

I only encountered one team last week of Undead in PVP. I didn't get anywhere near 250 points, either.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Blacula posted:

And therefore funny to use as my pvp defense team solo. Since I found out about the way the game determines ranked opponents, the weekly race to tier 1 has become much easier.

Care to expand on that?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Having a low-strength defense team gives you low-strength ranked opponents, in general.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
So less gold, but easier fights?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Right. Gold per fight goes down, but time per match also goes down. Probably a net gain in gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Mab+Justice is still pretty good for the current event.

Snow Guardian
Valk
Justice
Mab

Lion's Banner