Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm excited for n i g h t i n t h e w o o d s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
nigh tint hew oods?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Like do we know anything about how severe the graphical/framerate/(gameplay?) differences are gonna be between the two versions of the Zelda game?

If it's not really noticeable I'll just get it on Wii U so I don't have to wait years to play it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u17kM8oSz3k

there are also free prequels you can try on itch.io, one of them is called lost constellation and i forget the other

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Quest For Glory II posted:

there are also free prequels you can try on itch.io, one of them is called lost constellation and i forget the other

that looks really good

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see if this was posted already,

but making hax for online games is now a crime in South Korea

"those found guilty could face up to 5 years in jail or roughly $43,000 in fines."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ah crap, seeing this made me think of that game Cuphead coming out next year. I only have a PS4 so I'm going to miss out :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is super mario run good? There's no android version yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's good but useless to me because it requires an internet connection and I mostly play on subways

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'd be the 'queen of pain' too if I had to jungle the lane with a wedgie like that, haha!

I was sorta looking forward to Night in the Woods but between the time it was announced and its upcoming release my life has descended into the sort of dumb existential anxiety that the game seems to be about, so it's probably a bit too close to home for me to enjoy playing. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Switch release/1st year lineup is gonna be like in 2017 though, and also Before, and if there's some post-release content for Sun&Moon that would be dope.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

They hosed up the ranged aiming pretty bad. Given how much they changed from alpha feedback, I won't be surprised if they fix it before release.

Oh yeah, that's what it was. There wasn't a control configuration where ranged aiming wasn't awkward as hell. They've been good about feedback, yeah, so I hope there's a way to make it work like it did in the alpha demo. I really couldn't understand that change at all.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm excited for Nioh and the new Zelda game- don't know if I want to wait for whenever I get a Switch to play the new Zelda or just get it on Wii U.

I don't remember the last time I didn't wait a couple years before jumping into a new console but if the Switch actually has a good launch lineup and is at or under like 300 USD...

No, no, I won't do it; I won't be tricked into Buying A Console At Launch...

I will probably fall for it and get the Switch soon after launch. I'm not really expecting a graphical upgrade between the Wii U and Switch versions, I just want to be able to play a big open-world Zelda on something that's portable. That's pretty appealing to me.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm super excited for Person 5 and Nioh. One thing about Nioh I liked was how much they added from the first demo to the second, and then they released a video at the PSXperience that showed off even more weapons. I'm hoping for a weapon that's made for a magic build, even if I don't think I'll go down that road. Just having an option to make samurai, ninja, and wizard all be viable will be neat. I know wizard isn't a great term since you'll unlikely be throwing fireballs and poo poo, but maybe having a weapon that gets an extra big boost when enchanted would be enough.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
persona 5 is extremely good and im excited to play through it again in english

i have not tried nioh or heard much about it but it appears to be feudal japan dark souls? i'm down with that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lobok posted:

Ah crap, seeing this made me think of that game Cuphead coming out next year. I only have a PS4 so I'm going to miss out :(

I thought people were saying cuphead is bad now after they added levels instead of being all bosses or something

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, that's what it was. There wasn't a control configuration where ranged aiming wasn't awkward as hell. They've been good about feedback, yeah, so I hope there's a way to make it work like it did in the alpha demo. I really couldn't understand that change at all.

Yeah, they added a new button to double the number of quick-item slots. That button replaced the good aiming button and everything was ruined.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought people were saying cuphead is bad now after they added levels instead of being all bosses or something

I didn't know it was even supposed to be boss-only before. Seems like the art style demands incredibly charming and inventive levels to not waste the potential.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

What game are you most looking forward to in 2017? It's Persona 5 for me. True, it's technically already out, but I can't read Japanese so it's a 2017 game for me.

If Doom 6 doesn't have a "666" joke in its title I will be severely disappointed.

The shovel knight prequel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Tekken 7 and the unannounced armored core game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

The shovel knight prequel

come again

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

come again

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/12/specter-of-torment-trailer/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh the dlc

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i want to reiterate my love for the name Order of No Quarter because its extremely good

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Does anyone have some fun browser based games I can waste my time on at work? Either persistent ones like a sports management/civilization type game sim or tower defense poo poo. Idk

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Waroduce posted:

Does anyone have some fun browser based games I can waste my time on at work? Either persistent ones like a sports management/civilization type game sim or tower defense poo poo. Idk

Gemquest. Drunken Master.There's one I'm thinking of called something like Rorona Archer. You choose a class and would shoot enemies from on top of a wall, and after each day you could do stuff around town. Someone will hopefully know what I'm talking about.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waroduce posted:

Well, it's not a fan favourite in the genre but I loved SimTower back in the day and it's available in-browser here.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Here's some of the games I'm most looking forward to next year.

Persona 5
Red Dead 2
Night in the Woods
Tacoma
Dream Machine Episode 6
Kentucky Route Zero Episode 5 (Hopefully)
NIER 2
Unavowed
Torment 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My Playstation 4 is supposed to arrive today.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hope it gets there before the snow. stay strong gamer

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mak0rz posted:

Is super mario run good? There's no android version yet

Investors are upset it is not exploitative enough.

Like the exact thing joked about a while ago when Nintendo announce they were going mobile is now a reality.

But it's also not just investors but seemingly younger(?) gamers who have been conditioned to be able to play games for free and then pay for things with microtransactions.

https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/809697974544723968

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

My Playstation 4 is supposed to arrive today.

What games did you get

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Was really enjoying this game, but then they wanted money for it! Yeah, no.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Persona 5 in four months

Until then the holiday is @ naoto's

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

buhhhh pay me $15 dollars/hour but don't charge me for games !! - the freaking millennial gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

buhhhh pay me $15 dollars/hour but don't charge me for games !! - the freaking millennial gamer

Kids are soooooo dumb

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What games did you get

Final Fantasy XV and Until Dawn (the second one beacuse a bunch of people really want me to play it so they can see my reactions,?? I don't know that much about it).

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

You should get uncharted 4

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

I didn't know it was even supposed to be boss-only before. Seems like the art style demands incredibly charming and inventive levels to not waste the potential.

Yeah, people complained that it was just a boss rush game so they added levels, but the levels look really boring too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My next two buys are going to be Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest Builders, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

My next two buys are going to be Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest Builders, I think

I approve of these choices.

• Locked thread