Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Things I noticed: now five characters in the Guild Store. Rex and Shaman were among them.

QGJ: Do we restart Tank raid or kill this one?

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The initial word I'm hearing is that the tank raid is substantially easier now, so despite being half way through p3, I suggest we restart.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76100/event-information/

Event info

The droid event that rewards jawas and the empire event are also coming back

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Davethulhu posted:

The initial word I'm hearing is that the tank raid is substantially easier now, so despite being half way through p3, I suggest we restart.

Yeah, just saw the news item in-game. Also a shitload of 50x stacks of scrap they just dumped with it, yay.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Darksaber posted:

Should I save all my friend points for those tourneys then? That's the only use for them besides the common packs, right?

Also thanks for the help on units, I'm on my way to at least unlocking a few of the good ones at least.

The only valid use of Ally points is squad tournaments.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

I restarted it, it is sooo much easier now. 700k is 4.5% of p1, and was easy to get with my wiggs team.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

The only valid use of Ally points is squad tournaments.

Blowing ally points on bronziums is allegedly the best way to get shards for the shard shop. You end up pulling so many characters that you likely already have at 7*, and you get some useful low level gear to boot. It's also much more fun and satisfying than participating in the tournaments, especially if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of points saved up that you need to place at the top.

I keep a reserve of 50k for tournament participation and dump everything above that into bronziums.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spakstik posted:

Blowing ally points on bronziums is allegedly the best way to get shards for the shard shop. You end up pulling so many characters that you likely already have at 7*, and you get some useful low level gear to boot. It's also much more fun and satisfying than participating in the tournaments, especially if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of points saved up that you need to place at the top.

I keep a reserve of 50k for tournament participation and dump everything above that into bronziums.

The tournaments reward more than shards, my man... mainly fuckin' credits, which are everyones white whale.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

The tournaments reward more than shards, my man... mainly fuckin' credits, which are everyones white whale.

Right, I'm not saying don't participate in the tourneys, I'm saying that if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of ally points (or the time, now that I think about it) to dump in there to hit the top ranks, you still get mileage out of spending APs on bronziums. I use the 50k reserve to place somewhere in the middle ranks and call it a day, because there's no way I'm going to claw my way to the top.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So, I didn't notice that, but you all remember the pack that gives you some Bistan or SRP shards and some U-Wing blueprints? It costs 50 AP and you can do it I think once a day.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

So, I didn't notice that, but you all remember the pack that gives you some Bistan or SRP shards and some U-Wing blueprints? It costs 50 AP and you can do it I think once a day.

And gives 50AP back.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I guess Bistan is iOS only? Android packs get SRP

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Wow. They re-balanced the tank and it's actually good? And a ton of cool stuff through December?

Capital Games doin' poo poo right?!

The tank shot didn't do 99999 for once, only 9987. That's an amazing change. Do you think it's time for Heroic?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 16, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Heroic is unchanged and we coulnd't even get p2 down last time.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Oh. I thought they would've nerf'd that too. Well, darn :(

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
For palpatine my buddy has to pass on either Leia or AA.

His team is going to be:
STH
Lando
Biggs
SRP

And Leia or AA.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

But we did down the regular tank in 1 night.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

But we did down the regular tank in 1 night.

Yeah this is going to suck big time, we will need damage limit on it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah this is going to suck big time, we will need damage limit on it.

Nah, just gonna have to put it on a 12-hour warm-up time like Rancor.

edit:

Anyone else notice that the guild shop gear now only comes in 2's and costs 600 guild currency?

I feel like this is a step backwards, am I wrong? If I mathed this correct, that's about twice the amount they used to cost per item.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I propose that we do the same 12 hour no damage thing that we're doing with the Rancor. The difference will be that once damage is up, you're not limited to one team. Perhaps we might need to limit it to one team per phase, since it's a lot easier to rack up high scores in p2 and p4.

Edit: 660 currency for 2 is the same as 1650 for 5, which is where we were before. It's more inconvenient though.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 16, 2016

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Overall these changes are super welcome and I actually found myself enjoying the tank raid now. Despite needing 100000000 syringes still I'm hopeful for my squads being Heroic ready soon.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

I propose that we do the same 12 hour no damage thing that we're doing with the Rancor. The difference will be that once damage is up, you're not limited to one team. Perhaps we might need to limit it to one team per phase, since it's a lot easier to rack up high scores in p2 and p4.

Edit: 660 currency for 2 is the same as 1650 for 5, which is where we were before. It's more inconvenient though.

Yup on the aat raid.

New guild shop stuff is actually a lot better. There were times where I just needed 5 of some item and waited days for it to switch away from 10 or 20 of that item. I would have preferred they make it always 5, but this is about as good

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Is the 12 hour moratorium on damage for raids so that little guys like me can get hits in? Or is there another reason and I need to avoid using my 50k dmg attempt also?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So I super hosed up last night and bought the $10 pack with the Shoretrooper before realizing that you just got shards for him and not a full unlock. Now I have 20/50 shards for him and really nothing to show for it! Am I boned until the next time this dude goes on sale or will there be a chance to get shards for him somehow? :smith:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I think the reason we killed it so fast was because we started a night raid and then got a character refresh. It should stay up longer if we start it earlier. I wonder if we'd even be able to finish it without the character refresh? I think we had 40 people participate last night.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

fishtobaskets posted:

Is the 12 hour moratorium on damage for raids so that little guys like me can get hits in? Or is there another reason and I need to avoid using my 50k dmg attempt also?

The reason is so that everyone in every time zone gets a chance to at least get some reward. The original problem with the rancor was that it died so quickly people were missing out. If you're going to do actual damage, feel free to wait until the damage phase starts and then do your best, you're not required to do a zero damage attack first.

Note that quite a few people (me for example) now post zero damage because they have a 7* raid han, and want to give other folks a shot at getting the top rewards.

In regards to the AAT, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of limiting everyone to one attack per phase. This could encourage people to work on getting the various teams needed so we can move to doing heroic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

So I super hosed up last night and bought the $10 pack with the Shoretrooper before realizing that you just got shards for him and not a full unlock. Now I have 20/50 shards for him and really nothing to show for it! Am I boned until the next time this dude goes on sale or will there be a chance to get shards for him somehow? :smith:

He'll be back somehow. He's so meta-centric that it's likely they'll add him to one of the in-game shops before too long.

Davethulhu posted:

In regards to the AAT, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of limiting everyone to one attack per phase. This could encourage people to work on getting the various teams needed so we can move to doing heroic.

This is a fuckin' superb idea, honestly.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

The reason is so that everyone in every time zone gets a chance to at least get some reward. The original problem with the rancor was that it died so quickly people were missing out. If you're going to do actual damage, feel free to wait until the damage phase starts and then do your best, you're not required to do a zero damage attack first.

Note that quite a few people (me for example) now post zero damage because they have a 7* raid han, and want to give other folks a shot at getting the top rewards.

Agreed, if someone just waits til say p2 to unload they can rack up 7-8 mil pretty easily. Might be tough to enforce at first but everyone should be on the honor system and just remember that even if you get top 10 now instead of top 3, you're gonna get gear at 3 times the rate so it more than makes up for it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

While I like this idea, there's a problem, no one is going to want to do P1 (I think). In P1, an amazing attack is 300-500k (heroic). In P2, 3, and 4, an equivalent attack is 1-2 million. I would suggest that you get one attack for P2, 3, and 4, and everyone should try to field at least a mediocre P1 team.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

While I like this idea, there's a problem, no one is going to want to do P1 (I think). In P1, an amazing attack is 300-500k (heroic). In P2, 3, and 4, an equivalent attack is 1-2 million. I would suggest that you get one attack for P2, 3, and 4, and everyone should try to field at least a mediocre P1 team.

You're right that the damage difference is huge, but the raid goes so fast now that only the most selfish won't throw a team or two at p1. And the overall easiness of the raid now lets Rebels be ballers in any phase, so no excuses that you don't have a p1-capable team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

You're right that the damage difference is huge, but the raid goes so fast now that only the most selfish won't throw a team or two at p1. And the overall easiness of the raid now lets Rebels be ballers in any phase, so no excuses that you don't have a p1-capable team.

Oh whoops, I should work on my reading comprehension. I read that as one attack per raid.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What character should I be getting at guild store now with changes?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

What character should I be getting at guild store now with changes?

Of the ones I've seen so far, Sun Fac.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
So I started Saturday, almost a full week somehow.

Getting quite far in my light/dark stuff, picked up biggs from bronziums luckily and almost will have Lando, hopefully by tomorrow.

The arena on my shard is pretty good, max level guys are around 45-46 and I'm 40 right now, pretty good in the ranking too. Can you guys help try to min/max my current arena squad with the available crew I have? want to try to get into sub 100's if I can.

this is my current arena team: Luke, RG, Biggs, Jedi Consular, Qui Gon

I saw the recommended pick ups a few pages back so im working on that with getting STH / Lumi / Lando out when I can farm it.

This game.. is pretty fun. God damnit. Also reading the thread luke kinda sucks? Seems to hit hard but I don't know late game at all.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Of the ones I've seen so far, Sun Fac.

I've decided to get rex

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

This game.. is pretty fun. God damnit. Also reading the thread luke kinda sucks? Seems to hit hard but I don't know late game at all.

Luke is terrible.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The guild I was in was dying, so I guess it's time to join up with goons.

handle: TaranWanderer
Ally code: 627-217-764

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm going to kick off another tank raid in a few minutes. Based on feedback I think we will be going with the following:

1. 12 Hour no damage setup - Same as the rancor. Get a no damage poke in so you're on the board when the raid ends. This is not required if you plan on doing damage.
2. One squad per phase - Please limit your attacks to one squad per phase, where hopefully you'll be working on the various "best" squads for each phase.
3. We'll make adjustments as we see how things play out. I want this to be as fair as possible and to avoid drama.
4. If you have concerns or suggestions, post them in the thread, it's possible people will miss stuff in chat.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Davethulhu posted:

I'm going to kick off another tank raid in a few minutes. Based on feedback I think we will be going with the following:

1. 12 Hour no damage setup - Same as the rancor. Get a no damage poke in so you're on the board when the raid ends. This is not required if you plan on doing damage.
2. One squad per phase - Please limit your attacks to one squad per phase, where hopefully you'll be working on the various "best" squads for each phase.
3. We'll make adjustments as we see how things play out. I want this to be as fair as possible and to avoid drama.
4. If you have concerns or suggestions, post them in the thread, it's possible people will miss stuff in chat.

I should really read the thread before mashing go when I see a raid appear :sigh:, well at least I've only used 1 squad so far :downs:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So I've got myself some 200k Ally Points, but there's three Squad Tournaments coming up. Do I go for Jyn, Cassian, Cassian+U-Wing, or what?

Working on a Rebel squad for the Palp event too, Lando's going to be 7* I hope, and then I'll be tackling Wedge.