Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GlyphGryph posted:

Like, look at this poo poo.

This is what happened to the loving Left in this country - they were intentionally killed, imprisoned, infiltrated and destroyed.

quote:

In 1982 the civil rights activist Jesse Jackson adopted the name of "Rainbow Coalition" for organizing multi-ethnic groups to support and vote for liberal (generally Democratic) candidates for public office, in order to strengthen minority voices by acting in collaboration.

suppressing liberals????????? shouldnt we be happy about this?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

while in the same breath arming the KKK because j. edgar hoover was an unabashed hitler fan

and people wonder why black people and european jews are so wary of the american government

I thought cointelpro targeted the KKK too

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Al! posted:

:chloe:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

so about obama putting up a right wing j. edgar hoover idolater into the director's chair of the FBI...

Comey did nothing wrong though?!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Is there anyone from that organization still alive?

Because hell yes we need to rebuild it.
They're disorganized af but you know them as most of the kind of rednecks who make illegal fireworks and moonshine and make hugeass potlucks and stuff

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Gotta pick up this book

Amy Sonnie and James Tracy,
"Hillbilly Nationalists, Urban Race Rebels and Black Power: Community Organizing in Radical Times "

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought cointelpro targeted the KKK too
ostensibly but the amount of investigation done wrt the KKK was equivalent to "a wet fart" and no action was taken against them until a hispanic american came into the department

poo poo was and is pretty fuckin dire

zegermans posted:

considering who posted this, :laffo:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serf posted:

also I'm getting tired of American iconography being associated with right-wing politics. we can and should be working to take it back

This, and also with Christian iconography.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I remember watching Boardwalk Empire, one season had an agent of the then nascent FBI trying to convince J. Edgar Hoover to focus on organized crime while he was watching a film reel of Marcus Garvey. "1000 Negros with ideas? Now that's something to worry about." A good encapsulation of Hoover.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

are you trolling me??????

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

let me tell you about my nigga named "noam chomsky"

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The DNC convention tactic of flat out redefnining Americanism around inclusivity and the Obama coalition actually seemed effective, it's just a shame it didn't last much beyond that one night. I can totally see myself singing that Godawful "Proud to Be An American" song amidst the ashes of Trump's policies as a confusing affirmation of the potential America glimpsed under Obama. "Cause the flag still stands for freedom, and they can't take that away."

Or I'll get bored and complain to coworkers about how hard Trump has made it for me to buy guns and say that someone needs to show that braying jackass that the going market rate for bullshit is a knuckle sandwich. Maybe forcing them to confront non-sequitors in their own language will spark some critical thinking outside their normal pattern of watch Fox News-repeat Fox News.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

you can believe that if you want, but the rest of the thread rightly believes he acted politically

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

hell yeah, take that poo poo back too

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

:yeah:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Serf posted:

hell yeah, take that poo poo back too

relevant Slate article from yesterday: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/12/why_hillary_clinton_bombed_with_evangelical_voters.html

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

lamo you guys hate god tho hah

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

agnosticism rules bro

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

agnosticism rules bro

this is why you guys don't get to use christian iconography

you don't believe in anything, when it comes down to it

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Baloogan posted:

No, I hate assholes who claim to be good Christians.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i believe that im gay

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

don't believe, but also don't don't believe lmao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

No, I hate assholes who claim to be good Christians.

christians were lovely chistians even when christ was chillin'
a core element of christianity is forgiveness for being a lovely christian and a path towards being more chill

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It would be interesting to see how Trump responds to candlelight vigils protesting mass deportations. I mean, we were willing to overlook the Contras' attacks on nuns and the assassination of liberation theology priests, but a Twitter campaign about the weak, failing Catholic Church in response to a show of solidarity with fellow Catholics would be so petty that it might actually sow some dissension.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
the social democratic bernie-style message jives perfectly with the morals of traditional christianity, and yet they're all hardcore conservatives

it's way frustrating

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Grammarchist posted:

It would be interesting to see how Trump responds to candlelight vigils protesting mass deportations. I mean, we were willing to overlook the Contras' attacks on nuns and the assassination of liberation theology priests, but a Twitter campaign about the weak, failing Catholic Church in response to a show of solidarity with fellow Catholics would be so petty that it might actually sow some dissension.

...he has already been beefing with the pope.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

UV_Catastrophe posted:

the social democratic bernie-style message jives perfectly with the morals of traditional christianity, and yet they're all hardcore conservatives

it's way frustrating

Trump jives way more with crusade style christianity, which is way more popular.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Baloogan posted:

christians were lovely chistians even when christ was chillin'
a core element of christianity is forgiveness for being a lovely christian and a path towards being more chill

belief in jesus entails belief that his tenets and what he preached and did was right and good

a person who spits on the poor does not actually believe in jesus christ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

god is real, he loves me, and there aint a drat thing u can do about it

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Baloogan posted:

Hey! Hey. Some of us believe in all sorts of crazy poo poo, man, you don't even know.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

ostensibly but the amount of investigation done wrt the KKK was equivalent to "a wet fart" and no action was taken against them until a hispanic american came into the department

poo poo was and is pretty fuckin dire

Plus you don't need a program like COIN to infiltrate a criminal enterprise like the KKK. COINTELPRO was designed to subvert political enemies of the state.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

belief in jesus entails belief that his tenets and what he preached and did was right and good

a person who spits on the poor does not actually believe in jesus christ

lol if your trying to get me with a 'all right wing people are good christians' strawman. neoliberal, im like 5 moves ahead

GlyphGryph posted:

Hey! Hey. Some of us believe in all sorts of crazy poo poo, man, you don't even know.

spirit cook your way to victory!

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

UV_Catastrophe posted:

it's way frustrating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_UO8wlZymM

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

quote is not edit

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I guess I'll let your stupid relatives out of the poor camps so they can go fight in a good war against the bad Muslims instead of the bad war against the good ones.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my dad was a political activist on the left and the fbi wiretapped him, that was cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mind you they didnt really do anything else it was just super funny to learn and my dad was also probably lying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anime was right posted:

my dad was a political activist on the left and the fbi wiretapped him, that was cool

happened to a friend of mine whose absentee dad was a Palestinian activist right after 9/11

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Baloogan posted:

lol if your trying to get me with a 'all right wing people are good christians' strawman. neoliberal, im like 5 moves ahead

it wasn't a personal attack. i was stating that the commonly held belief that all you need to do to be absolved of sin is to believe in jesus in the same way one would believe in global warming is false. a christian that "believes in christ" but rejects his philosophy in fact rejects christ and is not absolved of sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

It's ok everyone, we've finally gotten the campaign autopsy we needed.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/16/us/politics/hillary-clinton-russia-fbi-comey.html

• Locked thread