Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Ah, I didn't look into it too much beyond seeing a few places say 350s redline north of 6k and that long before they reach the redline they stop making power.

The issue with any blanket statement applied to the SBC, even if you limit to just the 350, is that it was sold in so loving many possible configurations that aside from "it has eight cylinders with 5.7L of displacement", something will be wrong. For every solid-lifter LT-1 (the original ~1970 spec, not the GenII from the 1990s or the current GenV) there were probably ten thousand shitbox tree-fiddys with hydraulic lifters, soft valvesprings, camshafts that are practically circular, heads / intake manifolds that flow like poo poo, phenolic timing gears, and weak rods.

All of which, of course, become "Corvette motors" on Craigslist. :shepface:

The L05 is definitely more representative of the bulk of all SBCs, though for this purpose it should be just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Happy birthday, you maniac.

You want some more quail eggs for the road?

:getin:

Dude those were so good. The Firecrackers and jerkey too, Jesus.

Everdave said to post here about needs, and I wasn't going to except I checked finances and now I'm in a bind. I reinvested the vast majority of the last donations into the truck, aside from the steaks, some headphones, and jimmy gas and smokes. I bought safety equipment for the split rims and the balaclava with my birthday money and have taken inventory of where we are at with the truck.

I only need 3 more things. Total. I've got enough here to keep me busy, but these are hard stop small items.

Item 1: another front wheel cylinder. I lost one entirely. This was my bad and was going to replace it but no longer can.

Item 2: upper radiator hose. I misread the chart online and got the wrong hose. Measurements needed: 1-1/4" radiator side, 1-3/4" thermostat side. 18-20" long. Napa has the right hose on the shelf for about $25 after tax.

Gear oil.

That's literally the end of the parts needs for good. Can anyone afford to assist one last time, this close to the holidays? I understand people have their own expenses so I don't make this post cavalierly, or even sunbirdy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also just call me snow whitey Bulger

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude those were so good. The Firecrackers and jerkey too, Jesus.

Everdave said to post here about needs, and I wasn't going to except I checked finances and now I'm in a bind. I reinvested the vast majority of the last donations into the truck, aside from the steaks, some headphones, and jimmy gas and smokes. I bought safety equipment for the split rims and the balaclava with my birthday money and have taken inventory of where we are at with the truck.

I only need 3 more things. Total. I've got enough here to keep me busy, but these are hard stop small items.

Item 1: another front wheel cylinder. I lost one entirely. This was my bad and was going to replace it but no longer can.

Item 2: upper radiator hose. I misread the chart online and got the wrong hose. Measurements needed: 1-1/4" radiator side, 1-3/4" thermostat side. 18-20" long. Napa has the right hose on the shelf for about $25 after tax.

Gear oil.

That's literally the end of the parts needs for good. Can anyone afford to assist one last time, this close to the holidays? I understand people have their own expenses so I don't make this post cavalierly, or even sunbirdy

What's the easiest way to send you a few bucks again? I'll throw a few bucks in anyways :)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Paypal at tyranid05@hotmail. Just checked Napa can have both the wheel cylinder and hose on shelf Monday at a cost of $58 even for both after tax and they're the correct parts, I verified the hose in person and its perfect.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Valentine now expected to be pounded with 9" :q:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm still trying to figure out where all the snow you're complaining about is. I don't see much more than a dusting.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Probably won't even feel it after the 14" it's already had.

:wink:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm still trying to figure out where all the snow you're complaining about is. I don't see much more than a dusting.

Eh I wasn't really complaining I like the snow I was just reporting conditions for people from more delicate climates

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Valentine now expected to be pounded with 14" :q:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Paypal at tyranid05@hotmail. Just checked Napa can have both the wheel cylinder and hose on shelf Monday at a cost of $58 even for both after tax and they're the correct parts, I verified the hose in person and its perfect.

Just sent you $20. Don't spend it all in one place, kid.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sent some moneys too.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I sent :10bux::10bux: as well

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aaaaaand all parts and fluids needs now covered :stare:

Proceeding with primary mission. Next stop, Orlando.

broseph
Oct 29, 2005
It's Christmas season yo.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Astonishing Wang posted:

I sent :10bux::10bux: as well

Ditto. Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas/RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I hope there's enough cash left for more flashlights!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Astonishing Wang posted:

I hope there's enough cash left for more flashlights!

Also fleshlights.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Nuevo posted:

Ditto. Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas/RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME

same

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Valentine now expected to be pounded with 9" :q:

I didn't know CSB was heading your way!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Let me know when you get here I'll totally buy you a beer or 12

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Ya'll need to take him to the Tijuana Flats Burrito Co. accross from the library downtown when he gets to Orlando, assuming its still there. I hope it is, great fuckin' burritos, especially when loaded up with Dont Be a Chicken Sh*t.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That particular one is closed down, but T-flats is all over Orlando.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a new favorite spectator sport. Busy parking lot in a snow storm

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Enourmo posted:

drat, I used to go to toastmasters meetings at the library with the owner of the company and a bunch of us would chill and eat burritos and drink beers afterwards. Great guy iirc, came up from basically nothing but a $50k loan and dreams of hot sauce.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

Most of the state. My brother's moving to Broward and he's really hype about how many there are up there. None in Miami-Dade as far as I know though :/

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Honestly I will settle for nothing less than 14" going to Disney World and enjoying every loving minute of it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh I've done Disney land, what I really want to see is the alligator farm

docbar
Nov 9, 2009
Sent you a few $$$$$ buy some smokes and can of chrome spray paint

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Are the tires done? Are we talking hours or days because I can't ship a snowmo suit to you in hours dude.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Sadly, that crossover seems to have accidentally occurred :(

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Are the tires done? Are we talking hours or days because I can't ship a snowmo suit to you in hours dude.

Tire were literally just ordered yesterday, so you've got plenty of time to ship that to whatever.

And yes, one of the things we're gonna do with Dave is take him to Gatorland while he's here.
Also I'm sure he'll be seeking out some roadside gator jerky as well.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

:hellyeah:

We went there on a lark and the kids loved it way more than Disney.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
$15 sent for smokes fund. Merry birthday, you nut.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Deteriorata posted:

:hellyeah:

We went there on a lark and the kids loved it way more than Disney.

Its so ghetto and tacky, but that place was pretty loving amazing. Still have the gator head we got at the gift shop in our living room.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Screw gators they're too small. Head a bit further south to Dino World

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That allosaurus is way too sassy

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

As Nero Danced posted:

Screw gators they're too small. Head a bit further south to Dino World

That place is glorious. My wife's family were friends with the old owners so we went all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If only Pirates World still existed you could meet the Ice Cream Bunny.

• Locked thread