Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
When you're tired of the FUT grind playing a match or two of H2H seasons can be pretty great, imo

People who can't defend against 1-2 passes are really fun to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Here's why to use Vidal instead of Sanches:

he's the guy from the westerns who shoots a pan on the wall and it bounces off 3 other pans and hits the bad guy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_OEmauZdQM

Also this is from a previous game, I DID NOT HIT ANY BUTTONS when this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvs6f1JfZv8

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Started with two wins today, then my 3rd game was against a name I thought looked familiar from looking at the top 100 here and there and I think well whatever the only way I'll get better is to play better players.

I did pretty well, lost 1-3 but his 3rd goal was right at the end and I had a bunch of super close attempts earlier in the game that would have tied it up. He definitely outplayed me and deserved the win but there were certainly times when it could have swung the other way. I look at the top 100 for this week so far and sure enough he's like 12th or something on the leaderboard so far today with me being what must have been the 7th win in a row for him.

I bought SIF Benteke for like 155k after rewards came out and while I'm very happy with him and he's an absolute beast of a player, the player I replaced (NIF Lukaku) is also pretty drat good and I wonder if I should sell Benteke and use that money to strengthen my teams elsewhere and 'make do' with Lukaku.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Looks like Futmas is happening this year. I'm guessing they'll introduce similar SBCs as they did during BF so may be worth grabbing some discard IFs if you want to make some cash.

I picked up 10 Carvalho's IF (86 rated) since i can see them doing another high rated IF.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Nothing more thrilling than a Great Escape from relegation... lost 5 straight in Div 2, all by 1 goal. Finished strong with 4 wins and a draw to stay up.

Gonna pass over the game tape to our videographer/winger Blimpkin so he can get schwifty.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i'd like to see my contribution to the parmos videography

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Been trying to critically analyze my games in an effort to like really get up there in skill and break through the 25 goal barrier, I sent this off to a dude on reddit who does really cheap coaching (like $10 per game) and is a good player, along with the notes I took on it, but if any other good players wanna offer advice here's some of my lovely gameplay.

Here's the game I sent him where I felt like I played pretty well but still couldn't generate many chances:

(also before anyone comments on my squad this is my fitness team so that's why I have jobbers like Volland out there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnvbzBnVQ8

Here's my notes on it

Game notes (all times are in youtube time, not game time)

:47, not sure what I was thinking there, maybe I should have passed it up to Robben so he could try and come down, or I guess another decent option was shield the ball then do a through ball below to whoever is making a run there

1:40: probably too optimistic here to think he could just flat beat them down the sideline

2:25: I think I could have just used a threaded through ball here? Or a normal through ball? I did the lob to reduce the chance it would get intercepted, but I didn't really mean for it to hang up there forever and kill all the momentum. I'm not sure if there's any way I could have gotten it to Kalou (#11) here? That would obvioulsy be best. I also wonder if maybe I could have gotten a through ball downwards at Volland running through, if Kalou drags the CB up. That might have been best but I think I would get the ball taken away before that could happpen.

2:37 I think I was just looking for a long shot and just walked into him instead, oops. I think once I first touched the ball forward I was dead, I needed to turn away and shield it and try to reset the play. Maybe doing like a first touch fake shot up and left might have worked but I hardly ever do those anymore because I feel like so often the game glitches out and gives me a shot instead

4:03: finally got a goal but I Think it was pretty lucky, I used LT to push the guy out of the way but that's still pretty low percentage to come down with it like this I think. Not sure how repeatable this goal is.

4:48: I meant to pass to the guy right there, not back to the defense, and I barely tapped pass so I dunno what happened there

5:01, definitely a mistake to return it to Kalou I think since Volland will be offsides or not even make the run by time Kalou gets it and I probably could have done precision dribble up and then hit a through ball to Robben, or maybe even better passed it back to Renato Sanches for a first touch through ball to Robben from a better angle

5:24 for some reason I thought he was going to make a run and I could cheekily lob it over this dude's head instead of having an awful turnover in a dangerous area. Oops!

5:51 I think maybe Sanches passing it back was a mistake, Sanches actually had a lot of room in front of him and even possibly a lane to get a through ball to Coman

These are the kinds of times where I'm not really sure what to do, all of my guys are now like in the box and my wingers are set up on the wing so I have a really hard time actually working the ball forward and accomplishing anything once we are all just standing still.

6:03 I was going for a long shot again, I keep trying to do those in areas where I don't actually have as much room as I think I do. If anything Volland himself could have taken a shot here.

6:12 I think this was the right play and I just got unlucky? Volland is calling for a through ball but I don't think that would work? It looks like the CB would block it. I don't actually know if they only call for it when it would work or it's based on their stats or something.

6:47 I think the play here was to first time pass back to the midfielder and do a 1-2 so then the opponent has to decide and I might get a breakaway. I'm pretty sure that's what I tried to do but a lag spike made me pass it left instead of passing then running onto the ball going left. Anyway I'm pretty sure passing to the midfielder right below is what I was trying to do.

7:45 not sure what I was doing here or why I tried to chip this. Maybe I just thought my guy had 999 speed for a second.

8:24 here is where I'm pretty frustrated with this year's game, Kalou is completely alone and if the ball were placed forward enough I think this would be an easy goal but this year I can't get it to ever chip it far enough forward. I know this is supposed to be an intentional nerf so people can't just chip it down the field and win with pace but I'm not sure what to do in these situations where you have the defense beaten cleanly but there's no path on the ground. Maybe a threaded through ball works here but I'm not sure, and I think a normal ground through ball definitely gets intercepted.

10:07 I definitely should have just laid it off to kalou here, this could have been an empty net goal. A chip would also have been better than what I did, but I think passing it best?

11:06 since there was a guy rushing from behind, stop and turn wasn't the best move, I should have maybe done like a fake shot stop then tried to pass it back to COman, or used precision dribble to move one step to the right and down just to guy a little bit of separation the pass it to coman then through to Volland although Volland ends up running up like an rear end in a top hat so that wouldn't have worked maybe

11:47 not sure what I was thinking here either, Coman has no clear path where he isn't gonna get body blocked on his way to the ball even if it got thorugh

13:08 here I thought he would make a run because there was a big hole but he didn't so the pass was just really dumb. I guess he didn't make a run because it was the end of the game and he was out of stamina.

Also before anyone posts this I know this is :spergin: but I think this is also how you actually get better at things and I find it interesting :shobon:

I could do some for Parmos games but I'm pretty sure I would be laughed out of existence for taking Parmos so seriously

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 16, 2016

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

Been trying to critically analyze my games in an effort to like really get up there in skill and break through the 25 goal barrier, I sent this off to a dude on reddit who does really cheap coaching (like $10 per game) and is a good player, along with the notes I took on it, but if any other good players wanna offer advice here's some of my lovely gameplay.

Here's the game I sent him where I felt like I played pretty well but still couldn't generate many chances:

(also before anyone comments on my squad this is my fitness team so that's why I have jobbers like Volland out there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnvbzBnVQ8

Here's my notes on it

Game notes (all times are in youtube time, not game time)

:47, not sure what I was thinking there, maybe I should have passed it up to Robben so he could try and come down, or I guess another decent option was shield the ball then do a through ball below to whoever is making a run there

1:40: probably too optimistic here to think he could just flat beat them down the sideline

2:25: I think I could have just used a threaded through ball here? Or a normal through ball? I did the lob to reduce the chance it would get intercepted, but I didn't really mean for it to hang up there forever and kill all the momentum. I'm not sure if there's any way I could have gotten it to Kalou (#11) here? That would obvioulsy be best. I also wonder if maybe I could have gotten a through ball downwards at Volland running through, if Kalou drags the CB up. That might have been best but I think I would get the ball taken away before that could happpen.

2:37 I think I was just looking for a long shot and just walked into him instead, oops. I think once I first touched the ball forward I was dead, I needed to turn away and shield it and try to reset the play. Maybe doing like a first touch fake shot up and left might have worked but I hardly ever do those anymore because I feel like so often the game glitches out and gives me a shot instead

4:03: finally got a goal but I Think it was pretty lucky, I used LT to push the guy out of the way but that's still pretty low percentage to come down with it like this I think. Not sure how repeatable this goal is.

4:48: I meant to pass to the guy right there, not back to the defense, and I barely tapped pass so I dunno what happened there

5:01, definitely a mistake to return it to Kalou I think since Volland will be offsides or not even make the run by time Kalou gets it and I probably could have done precision dribble up and then hit a through ball to Robben, or maybe even better passed it back to Renato Sanches for a first touch through ball to Robben from a better angle

5:24 for some reason I thought he was going to make a run and I could cheekily lob it over this dude's head instead of having an awful turnover in a dangerous area. Oops!

5:51 I think maybe Sanches passing it back was a mistake, Sanches actually had a lot of room in front of him and even possibly a lane to get a through ball to Coman

These are the kinds of times where I'm not really sure what to do, all of my guys are now like in the box and my wingers are set up on the wing so I have a really hard time actually working the ball forward and accomplishing anything once we are all just standing still.

6:03 I was going for a long shot again, I keep trying to do those in areas where I don't actually have as much room as I think I do. If anything Volland himself could have taken a shot here.

6:12 I think this was the right play and I just got unlucky? Volland is calling for a through ball but I don't think that would work? It looks like the CB would block it. I don't actually know if they only call for it when it would work or it's based on their stats or something.

6:47 I think the play here was to first time pass back to the midfielder and do a 1-2 so then the opponent has to decide and I might get a breakaway. I'm pretty sure that's what I tried to do but a lag spike made me pass it left instead of passing then running onto the ball going left. Anyway I'm pretty sure passing to the midfielder right below is what I was trying to do.

7:45 not sure what I was doing here or why I tried to chip this. Maybe I just thought my guy had 999 speed for a second.

8:24 here is where I'm pretty frustrated with this year's game, Kalou is completely alone and if the ball were placed forward enough I think this would be an easy goal but this year I can't get it to ever chip it far enough forward. I know this is supposed to be an intentional nerf so people can't just chip it down the field and win with pace but I'm not sure what to do in these situations where you have the defense beaten cleanly but there's no path on the ground. Maybe a threaded through ball works here but I'm not sure, and I think a normal ground through ball definitely gets intercepted.

10:07 I definitely should have just laid it off to kalou here, this could have been an empty net goal. A chip would also have been better than what I did, but I think passing it best?

11:06 since there was a guy rushing from behind, stop and turn wasn't the best move, I should have maybe done like a fake shot stop then tried to pass it back to COman, or used precision dribble to move one step to the right and down just to guy a little bit of separation the pass it to coman then through to Volland although Volland ends up running up like an rear end in a top hat so that wouldn't have worked maybe

11:47 not sure what I was thinking here either, Coman has no clear path where he isn't gonna get body blocked on his way to the ball even if it got thorugh

13:08 here I thought he would make a run because there was a big hole but he didn't so the pass was just really dumb. I guess he didn't make a run because it was the end of the game and he was out of stamina.

post the guys advice first

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

post the guys advice first

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, I sent those along with it so that he wouldn't have to type out poo poo in the case of passes that were just like "I didn't mean to pass it to that guy" so he wouldn't have to bother saying why it's bad, or like go over concepts that I'm already aware of

I just sent this to him last night, that game is from yesterday. I'll post it when he does though.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 16, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
"futmas" has begun. They've released three special 24hr sbcs already including special cards for De Rossi, Ruffier and Parolo. They're all really bad value. On top of being overpriced in general, Parolo is a poor man's nainggolan/marchisio but untradeable and Ruffier has been poo poo every fifa. It's incredibly obvious EA is draining the market by playing on peoples impulses to make packs more valuable. High rated players evaporate > prices go up > opening packs becomes a better prospect. This is all a pre-empt of the the TOTY crash just like the IF squad builders was a pre-empt of the black friday crash. Smart by EA but I'm going to miss rock bottom prices during toty. I like De Rossi a lot but he's not worth ~60k untradeable. I'm holding out on all my high rated cards and IFs I don't care about until I see a card for a player that I would really really want, otherwise I'm keeping/selling them.

e- apparently all 3 players today wear number 16 and each day they'll count up until they reach 25. Naturally, Xabi Alonso wears 14 and Sanches 35 ffs.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 16, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Bunches of SBCs coming out, one for Aubamayeng with costs of at least half a million if not more like a million coins, loving jesus. 87 rated bundesliga squad with 1 player from Gabon and a TOTW card required so basically his base card, a high rated TOTW, and all the best players in the league.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Haha holy balls

Well maybe I'll end up using the SBC Lewandowski if it comes out anyway :)

No way it's worth it paying an extra 500k-1 mil over the base Aubameyang

7-0 so far this weekend, maybe I can get to elite 3 finally?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Bunches of SBCs coming out, one for Aubamayeng with costs of at least half a million if not more like a million coins, loving jesus. 87 rated bundesliga squad with 1 player from Gabon and a TOTW card required so basically his base card, a high rated TOTW, and all the best players in the league.

How do you even have an 87 rated bundesliga squad without clearing out like 1 million coins.. Also three SBCs for players who have IFs already that will likely be cheaper than doing the SBC. They could've picked way better options. I doubt many people will complete these.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haha holy balls

Well maybe I'll end up using the SBC Lewandowski if it comes out anyway :)

No way it's worth it paying an extra 500k-1 mil over the base Aubameyang

7-0 so far this weekend, maybe I can get to elite 3 finally?

I'm barely scraping even at 10-9, I'm sooooo loving bad at this game sometimes. I wound up 2-7 and then went on a 7 game unbeaten streak and now things have kind of settled down a bit more so we'll see how it goes the rest of the weekend.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Eremenko is permanently out of packs now because of his cocaine ban. Naturally I bought about 30 for 2.5k. Goodbye to my favorite fifa 16 CAM

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
11-3 so far, not too bad a start. I really should be 12-2, one of those games I dominated like 16 shots to 4 and he just got a couple lucky bounces and his Lloris was just playing out of his mind so I'm pretty happy with how I'm playing this weekend so far.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

I'm barely scraping even at 10-9, I'm sooooo loving bad at this game sometimes. I wound up 2-7 and then went on a 7 game unbeaten streak and now things have kind of settled down a bit more so we'll see how it goes the rest of the weekend.

I'm definitely the same way, I've started out well but it wouldn't be weird at all for me to rip off a 9 game loss streak or something next

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Eremenko is permanently out of packs now because of his cocaine ban. Naturally I bought about 30 for 2.5k. Goodbye to my favorite fifa 16 CAM

drat that sucks, he was loving awesome in 16.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

drat that sucks, he was loving awesome in 16.

Yea it sucks and is really stupid imo. I watch a lot of soccer but I won't pretend to be knowledgeable about drug testing/punishment across federations or in the sport in general. All I've heard is that it's pretty idiot proof to pass tests and I know cocaine is out of the system very quickly so his result is rather unlucky. I do however know a lot about drug testing in MMA and a lot of guys have gotten as little as 6 months for actual steroids. A 2 year ban for cocaine as a first time (?) offender seems absolutely backwards to me.

Anyways, doing average in WL this time but I shuffled my teams up a lot. I'm gonna sell off most of my stuff in case a TOTY crash happens (who knows with the sbcs). Prices are still very high right now which is good. I plan on picking up a legend or two. Mainly looking at Gattuso and Okocha. Anyone else have any targets?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Seltzer posted:

long shot king https://youtu.be/ogJCsyQqDjo

all-time favorite CAM in fifa, dude averaged a similar goal ratio to my strikers, with like 80% coming from outside the box, hope he wins his appeal, legit phenomenal player irl as well

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

long shot king https://youtu.be/ogJCsyQqDjo

all-time favorite CAM in fifa, dude averaged a similar goal ratio to my strikers, with like 80% coming from outside the box, hope he wins his appeal, legit phenomenal player irl as well

Is he good this year? I've haven't tried him because of Giuliano (btw the totgs Giuliano is crazy. A very noticeable upgrade from the IF). I might give Eremenko a send off. IF manuel Fernandes is the poo poo btw but that's obvious. I bought Ze Luis with Hunter who has been surprising me but I haven't been using my RPL squad much because I'm waiting on the SBC to get Smolov and then I have a nice hybrid in mind with Giuliano.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Yup, still very solid.

Johnny Lawrence
May 15, 2013
Really, I don't understand how to defend. I read, on the forum and on twitter, how the AI is super powerful/do it by itself but for me, it doesn't work. I have everything that if thinks - at core, I use between L2/R2 ( I'm on PS4 ) almost everytime on defense mode, I try to read the play and intercept with the square button, to a fail. Players just have to move, and my players runs in the opposite direction like rabbits afraid of a giant kangaroo.

I read, that most players use contain - the X button - but, to what effect ? You just press the button all the way and there she goes ? and what about, the switching of players with the right stick, it never choose the players who is near the ballon.

It's really frustrating, I usually have 61% of the ball, everything in control , I try to find a good place between full attack/conservative defense but, i took what seems easy goals with easy play, no construction and it starting to make me wants to do terrible things to my controllers ( like abandon it in a dark forest or sell it on e-bay ).

If someone has tips or guide to change my ways of defending, I would really appreciated.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Johnny Lawrence posted:

like rabbits afraid of a giant kangaroo..
is this an Australian saying

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's really all about trying to do the same things defenders do in real football, stay goalside, don't lunge at the ball unless the attacker is showing too much of it to your defender, hold your shape, run back with your CBs and let the midfielders harass the ball movers, read runs early etc.

Generally the CPU is pretty good at doing all of these things but it won't tackle for you, that's another reason why it's better to track back with your midfielders and capitalize when the attacker is trying to get past your defenders.

One more thing that's really important is: don't panic player switch, it's better to always switch players using the right stick, mashing L1 will kill your defensive shape and make your defenders even more passive than usual.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So I started off 9-0 this weekend, then cooled down and ended up 20-10, so I was thinking okay, I'll probably end up around my record last week of 25, I'd need to win 9 out of 10 to get to Elite 3 and there's no reason to think I'll probably do that.

Anyway, I win one, lose one, so I'm at 21-11 and I'm like okay I'd have to win 8 in a row now, I'm not gonna get to Elite probably but let's just at least get gold 3.

So I played 4 more, and I won 4 in a row, so I'm at 25-11 and then it was like okay well I probably won't get to Elite but let's go ahead and play the rest for practice and to pad my numbers for monthly rewards.

THEN WE WON ALL 4 OF THE REST BABY YEAHHHH

That was the most nerve wracking 9 games in a row I've ever played for sure, since getting to elite was my big goal for the beginning of this year and I had more than one game in the last stretch where I conceded a goal in extra time and then had to score against park the bus in extra time and THEN win the penalty shootout.

Also you better believe in the last game I used every training card I had accumulated, lol. But yeah I'm pumped, I was pretty sure once I got down to only 8 games left to win 8 games I was never gonna do it so :toot:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Awesome, that's some good poo poo.

I had two 7 game losing streaks this weekend, at one point i was 10-16 on saturday night and was seriously wondering if I would even make gold 3 and wondering what the hell was wrong with me, etc. But I wound up 22-18, so I went 12-2 over my last stretch of games which felt pretty good and has me feeling positive going forward.

I'm gonna be gone for a week starting wednesday for christmas so I won't be back to collect my rewards until the rewards for next weekend are out, which makes me curious to see if I'll get auto qualified for the New Years weekend (ie, it will depend on when I accept the rewards) or whether it will essentially retroactively qualify me for the weekend I will have missed (ie: its a static system and always qualifies you for the weekend following the one you played on, regardless of when you open the rewards).

Anyway, fut champs owns, it frustrates me and is a grind and every weekend I'm happy to be done but then by midweek I can't wait for the next weekend to start.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Tevez is the next player off to China, 615 / week, crazy.

Normally he's a pretty popular player, although being in the Primera division limits his linkages.Worth picking up a handful and hope for an increase in price?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I have only seen him once this year in any team, so I'm not sure how popular he has been.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea, idk he could go up a bit but he was shitttttt for me this year. I'm hoping that Eremenko will spike out when the RPL SBC rolls out. I don't think there will be a primera divsion SBC because there are a poo poo ton of teams and some of them only have like 4 players in the database. Also there wouldn't be much demand because the top scorer last year is some 30 pace silver card.

The Futmas SBCs are the biggest joke ever. I already said it's a blatantly transparent way to control the market and stop the toty crash + make people buy packs, but wow, each day the cards and requirements are more of a joke. They could've struck a balance where they cleared cards off the market and made the SBCs relatively affordable but nope an 86 rated team with 3 informs is required for 81 rated rashford.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah the prices are absurd so there's really no point.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Seltzer posted:

Yea, idk he could go up a bit but he was shitttttt for me this year. I'm hoping that Eremenko will spike out when the RPL SBC rolls out. I don't think there will be a primera divsion SBC because there are a poo poo ton of teams and some of them only have like 4 players in the database. Also there wouldn't be much demand because the top scorer last year is some 30 pace silver card.

The Futmas SBCs are the biggest joke ever. I already said it's a blatantly transparent way to control the market and stop the toty crash + make people buy packs, but wow, each day the cards and requirements are more of a joke. They could've struck a balance where they cleared cards off the market and made the SBCs relatively affordable but nope an 86 rated team with 3 informs is required for 81 rated rashford.

The latest ones were easy. I picked up a Kurzawa for free since I still had loads of Movember cards in my club.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I had a spare movember card and built Kurzawa for free with that card and a bunch of 75-80 rated discard rares I had lying around, pretty good.

His card looks extremely good, and his NIF is great, and he's french and therefore fits into a ton of cool hybrids. Good poo poo.

Hopefully they have another 'basically' free SBC every day now (and the other two weren't more than 50k or so either), although I'm gonna be gone for a week-ish for christmas so I'll miss all of them anyway.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Fekir looks like a solid Ligue 1 striker option.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

I had a spare movember card and built Kurzawa for free with that card and a bunch of 75-80 rated discard rares I had lying around, pretty good.

His card looks extremely good, and his NIF is great, and he's french and therefore fits into a ton of cool hybrids. Good poo poo.

Hopefully they have another 'basically' free SBC every day now (and the other two weren't more than 50k or so either), although I'm gonna be gone for a week-ish for christmas so I'll miss all of them anyway.

Yea good that they've lowered the requirements but obviously that movember card you had you could've sold for 20k and the rares for 700. TOTGS Sidibe looks basically the same to me, is re-sellable, and I don't need a French LB at the moment. I've passed on every SBC so far. From the possible players left that could likely get an SBC I'm holding out for Pirlo. If he doesn't get one I'm selling off all my 85s 84s poo poo IFs and Movember cards before the 25th to cash out. Fekir looks great but again ~80k and no resale value, I don't know how the card plays, and I don't have a team built around him. I'd definitely snap that up if I used Ligue 1 or had Lacazette but I don't. For the record I picked up IF Tevez because I thought it was worth giving him another chance/I could keep it and the card would go up since it will be his last IF. I got him with Hunter and he was absolute trash. Avoid at all costs. It felt just like his normal card but with better passing. It's bizarre that he can have those stats and be so bad in game. The card is legit broken but in a bad way.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Thinking about doing the kurzawa SBC, but I have Sidibe totgs, which looks like an eerily similar card. Would cost me about 20k to buy an IF or Movember , then I'm probably covered as far as rare golds go.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 20, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I know we've had like traits for years and years and years, but does anyone know what they actually DO? Like, besides generalities, has it ever come out what their actual practical effects are? Some of them are confusing, like, if a player has "Strength" does that mean he just got a flat bonus to his strength attribute and that's already reflected in his stats or does it do something else on top of his strength stat?

I guess what I'm asking is except for the weird behavior ones like "dives into tackles", a lot of them seem like they could either be descriptive about a player's stats or like bonuses on top of their stats and I'm not sure which they are

Maybe some are one and some are the other!

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 20, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Stefan Prodan posted:

I know we've had like traits for years and years and years, but does anyone know what they actually DO? Like, besides generalities, has it ever come out what their actual practical effects are? Some of them are confusing, like, if a player has "Strength" does that mean he just got a flat bonus to his strength attribute and that's already reflected in his stats or does it do something else on top of his strength stat?

Strength is a specialty, like 'speed dribbler', these just indicate that a player meets certain stat criteria, there's a complete list of the requirements for those here: http://segmentnext.com/2015/10/01/fifa-16-specialties-guide-requirements-to-add-specialties-to-your-players/

Traits are different though and signify special in game abilities, some of them are probably stat related but others allow using different animations etc

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Right ok so those are just descriptive, Modeste having Aerial Threat doesn't actually make him better at it above what his stats already indicate for instance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DoctaFun posted:

Thinking about doing the kurzawa SBC, but I have Sidibe totgs, which looks like an eerily similar card. Would cost me about 20k to buy an IF or Movember , then I'm probably covered as far as rare golds go.

Yeah the essentially 20k for a super good LB that slots in perfectly with the types of teams I'm likely to build going forward was worth it to me, but then I get at least 45k + some sick packs every week so I'm a lot less careful with my money.

• Locked thread