Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'll be shocked if they don't release the chaingun and quad rocket on new chassis. I really want to check both out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Personally, I hope Frontier Defense makes a comeback. I'm loving the poo poo out of Attrition and Bounty Hunt and would happily play that for the game's lifespan, but Frontier Defense really makes me feel like "a pilot"- a near invincible, elite killing machine mowing down bad guys left and right.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Elysiume posted:

I'll be shocked if they don't release the chaingun and quad rocket on new chassis. I really want to check both out.

I want the arc cannon on an electrical-themed Titan. The Shock to match with Scorch.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently you can spawn trap people on Crash Site so you only spawn in this little corner at the back of the map.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

suboptimal posted:

Personally, I hope Frontier Defense makes a comeback. I'm loving the poo poo out of Attrition and Bounty Hunt and would happily play that for the game's lifespan, but Frontier Defense really makes me feel like "a pilot"- a near invincible, elite killing machine mowing down bad guys left and right.

Give me Frontier Defense but triple the gently caress out of everything on every wave.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Mill Village posted:

Apparently you can spawn trap people on Crash Site so you only spawn in this little corner at the back of the map.

On the flip side, on Crash Site attrittion if your entire team holes up in the back corner where the A point is in Hardpoint, you can really effectively camp and murder anything that tries to come in, since your AIs will spawn around you and not get mown down much at all, and there's a good chokepoint.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I just picked this game up for PC. None of the game modes work except 'Angel City 24/7' because it just gets stuck on Searching for Players 1/12 infinitely.

Is this some weird bug or nobody playing those modes like CTF or Free for All

Have you tried swapping data centers? On the main menu on the bottom left it shows what center you're connected to and if you click it you can choose a different one (give it a sec to populate, it'll ping them all). There may be another data center with a similar ping, could try that and see if there's more people on.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 16, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wazzit posted:

"Fly, you fool" is a favorite. And "See you on the other side" makes me go :unsmith:

Here's a list of all the eject messages for those interested

http://pastebin.com/myAP1k0a

I've seen one not on this list; "Another day at the office".

Also I love "Protocol <3" :unsmith:

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
Is it just me or is there something buggy with the spawn system? I just played a game of drydock where the other team (party of 5 + 1) managed to keep our spawn to a corner of the map and then camped us for minutes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's probably a mix of buggy/unintended consequences. Just pick a loadout with stim or cloak and haul rear end out of there and within seconds your entire team will spawn on your rear end once the respawn code decides to pick a new point.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The spawn system has always been awful and you get locked down a lot. If people have figured out the exact points to utilize it, though...

I really didn't need another reason to macro quitting and jumping back in the queue. :/

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Mailer posted:

The spawn system has always been awful and you get locked down a lot. If people have figured out the exact points to utilize it, though...

I really didn't need another reason to macro quitting and jumping back in the queue. :/

If I understand the icons right it looked like a party of 5 and there was definitely some coordination going on. :(

Given that I'm the second person to mention spawn camping on this page I'm guessing someone on the internet has figured out how to rig that.

Elysiume posted:

Chaingun was my favorite from the first game. Its appearance in the campaign makes me hopeful for its reappearance though, since it's clearly already been designed and in the game.

I imagine the free DLC has a minimum for what they've already planned out and the variable is only however many copies they've sold. Given how many times I've seen it on sale though I'm not super hopeful on its sales numbers :\

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish I could figure out why I'm so mediocre at attrition compared to every other mode.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just garbage at the game

Now, if only there were enough people on PC who were even worse than I am

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I really wish I could figure out why I'm so mediocre at attrition compared to every other mode.

i feel this way too but then every once in a while i get on a zen tear and for a few brief seconds glimpse the face of god. i can see why folks would chase that dragon

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I really wish that this game would get a single player exansion. The multiplayer is really fun but the singleplayer campaign is where I really had a blast.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

If they are another Titan, i would really like the default loadout of BT that you get at the beginning.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

pakman posted:

If they are another Titan, i would really like the default loadout of BT that you get at the beginning.

Agreed.

I'd also like to see another melee oriented titan, but the new one has a decent midrange gun. Not as strong at Melee as Ronin, but more damage at Melee than the other titans and can actually throw rounds downrange.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

A lightning-themed Titan with the Arc Cannon from T1 could be cool. His core could be something like the shock Titans from Frontier Defense, just becoming a Pikachu-esque ball of lightning that zaps the poo poo out of everyone around him.

E: Oooh, and his secondary could be a harpoon taser that yanks enemy Titans into his cannon's range Scorpion-style. GET OVER HERE

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MrBond posted:

Is it just me or is there something buggy with the spawn system? I just played a game of drydock where the other team (party of 5 + 1) managed to keep our spawn to a corner of the map and then camped us for minutes.

Yeah the spawn system in this game is terrible. It's very easy to manipulate and the game takes a long time to correct it. The drydock spawn trap is incredibly easy to do. At least with that one there's places to hide. There are no hiding places with the Crash Site spawn trap.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Eldragon posted:

Agreed.

I'd also like to see another melee oriented titan, but the new one has a decent midrange gun. Not as strong at Melee as Ronin, but more damage at Melee than the other titans and can actually throw rounds downrange.

Ronin melee is not great, it only does 650 damage as opposed to other Titans 500. You're better off using the shotgun, which does 8x100, can crit, and fires faster.

Sword core is worth using though, it bumps melee damage up to 2000. Just gotta not die.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
Scorch is arguably a melee titan.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

pakman posted:

That titan AR would need serious tweaking. It would be way too good at pilot/grunt mauling.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

Ronin melee is not great, it only does 650 damage as opposed to other Titans 500. You're better off using the shotgun, which does 8x100, can crit, and fires faster.

Sword core is worth using though, it bumps melee damage up to 2000. Just gotta not die.

Really? I was told it was close to double. Either way, I'd still like to see another Melee weapon titan, Because Titans with melee weapons is cool. I love using Sword Core, I hate Ronin's shotgun weapon as a primary.

Mindblast posted:

That titan AR would need serious tweaking. It would be way too good at pilot/grunt mauling.

Just make it a missile shotgun. Big dispersal pattern good for killing lots of grunts in the open or deadly to a titan at point blank range.

Edit: Actually on second thought maybe having a titan that's good at pilot/grunt mauling isn't so bad. They could keep the locking and just make the tracking radius piss poor. Good at hitting slow/stationary targets, trash and hitting a pilot moving around quickly.

Eldragon fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 16, 2016

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Welp with everyone talking up Bumper Jumper I decided to try switching over to it after playing "press A to jump" for near on 10 years. It was really weird at first but I can see the benefit. Pressing A to use phase shift will never not be weird though.

Ran the gauntlet over and over to learn the control scheme and got my time back down to 33.40 which is .10 faster than my run with the default controls so there is that.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ConcernedReader/video/24531502

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Eldragon posted:

Edit: Actually on second thought maybe having a titan that's good at pilot/grunt mauling isn't so bad.

We already have one: Tone. Sonar to find 'em, 40mm to end 'em.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Low profile should make you not show up when tone sends out a sonar pulse.

Thanks for reading my idea on how to make low profile even more broken.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Pyswagoras posted:

Scorch is arguably a melee titan.

This kinda weirdly correct since i get most of my Scorch kills by flanking around behind enemy titans, setting up both incendiary traps while they are busy shooting my teammates, then Firewalling to ignite the traps while shooting them directly with the launcher. Usually by the time they notice that they are taking damage they already about half dead and the flame core is about ready.

It's kinda hard for him to win a straight up fight most of the time anyway. Since by default he has no dash and none of his attacks have particularly long range so you're spotted before you can get close you're usually dead.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Pushing through a laser core to execute while playing Legion is probably my most satisfying kill to date.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

Pushing through a laser core to execute while playing Legion is probably my most satisfying kill to date.

I really need to train myself that Laser Core is pretty lovely, since I've died a million times to enemy Titans who kill me with regular fire before I can kill them. It's great to use on pilots though and I've gotten several "lol you wasted your core on me on foot" and the like.

Also as someone who has been 100% Nuclear Ejection since the first game, Zero-Point Tripwire/extra dash is a good enough combo that I've switched over. Bonus points when I manage to dash behind the enemy, drop a tripwire and dash back in front, and they get nailed by it trying to retreat.

Hot take: only showing Kills and not Deaths in Attrition does wonders for my self-confidence :v:

e: most satisfying kill to date is probably sneaking up behind a Scorch, dropping a tripwire right in front of him and then punching him into the tripwire

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 16, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

MrBond posted:

If I understand the icons right it looked like a party of 5 and there was definitely some coordination going on. :(

Given that I'm the second person to mention spawn camping on this page I'm guessing someone on the internet has figured out how to rig that.

I'm shocked it's taken as long as it has done for the internet at large to figure it out. I saw the potential for really bad spawn traps (there's 2) on Drydock literally at launch. You can get pushed back to either the area behind the building across the canal from C, or the little walled off area behind the crane, and get held there pretty badly. If a team utilises a couple of tones and a couple of pilots with sonar knife you can really easily see which way pilots are trying to escape and lock it down horribly. There was a screenshot early on from a goonstack which held a team like 400-25 on drydock in hardpoint because they just locked them in super fast and they didnt get out all match.

Crash Site has the opportunity for that a bit but it's easier to break out I think. And actually in attrition it can be beneficial, like i said.

As mentioned above, the best way to break it is to literally haul rear end out as fast as you can. Hope you don't get sonar'd to hell, go sideways and get far enough away that you get into a different spawn zone. On drydock if you can break to the canals either side of the map you'll generally get out. All it takes is one person to make it and the spawn area will shift.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

i feel this way too but then every once in a while i get on a zen tear and for a few brief seconds glimpse the face of god. i can see why folks would chase that dragon

Yeah same. I guess inconsistent would be a better word. I'll have some rounds where I'll just go completely ham in attrition and it's great, but I have a lot of terrible or middling rounds too. I can pretty consistently do well in Bounty hunt and amped hardpoint. I suppose it's just that I'm not that good when I don't have anything but kills to rely on. But I still tend to get twice as many kills in modes other than attrition (except that rare round where I do really well, in which case I'll get more kills than any other mode playing it. It's the only mode where I'll break 30 kills sometimes)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I find I have a very small zone between "just stoned enough to focus really well on the game" and "so stoned my motor reflexes get hosed and I'm flailing around missing a dude point-blank with a full Eva-8 clip"

I'll take bong rips between matches and go from top-3 for a few games straight to just getting stomped out and ending the match with <6 kills

also, I really wish Coliseum was 1v1 in Titans instead of on foot, and I wish they let you choose at least 1 weapon. I get the sniper rifle thing, but having your secondary be an anti-Titan when it's a 1v1 on foot is kind of asinine. It seems like it's supposed to be one of those "the distilled essence of this game" modes but that falls flat when the game is literally called Titanfall and there are no Titans. Not to mention the fact that on-foot in this game is all about mobility and using the environment, and the matches take place in a flat circle with zero cover.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 16, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The community update is up. It's pretty lean, just shows off how they actually make physical pilot models.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/

The plan is one more small community update around the end of the year, and then the next one being a big one that shows off some new stuff.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Have they acknowledged that scorch's kit upgrade that is supposed to leave thermite on the ground following his ult is bugged?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Kelp Me! posted:

I really need to train myself that Laser Core is pretty lovely, since I've died a million times to enemy Titans who kill me with regular fire before I can kill them. It's great to use on pilots though and I've gotten several "lol you wasted your core on me on foot" and the like.

I find the Hot Laser Barf Action is useful as a deterrent or distraction. Ronin Riders will generally poo poo themselves at the sight of the three lasers lining up and will dash/phase out of there, because I'm pretty sure it'll outright kill a Ronin without a shield (at least I've seen it happen with me). It's also a good distraction if they're beating up on a buddy's Titan as the screen turns bright red and everyone is looking for you. Some smarter pubbies will even sit back and ram Tone's bullets up the enemy's asses while you're making the laser lights show, and I've seen 2 or 3 Titans at a time get absolutely wrecked that way.

It's not the best core, by any means, but it's far from useless.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This kinda weirdly correct since i get most of my Scorch kills by flanking around behind enemy titans, setting up both incendiary traps while they are busy shooting my teammates, then Firewalling to ignite the traps while shooting them directly with the launcher. Usually by the time they notice that they are taking damage they already about half dead and the flame core is about ready.

It's kinda hard for him to win a straight up fight most of the time anyway. Since by default he has no dash and none of his attacks have particularly long range so you're spotted before you can get close you're usually dead.

If I'm Scorch and I'm outnumbered I just fall back slowly and put a flame trap on every single corner. It means that my team outnumbers them somewhere else on the map.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Knifegrab posted:

Have they acknowledged that scorch's kit upgrade that is supposed to leave thermite on the ground following his ult is bugged?
Bugged in what way?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's not so much bugged as completely worthless. It leaves behind 3 firewalls that last for about....4 seconds? Something like that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

AirRaid posted:

I'm shocked it's taken as long as it has done for the internet at large to figure it out. I saw the potential for really bad spawn traps (there's 2) on Drydock literally at launch. You can get pushed back to either the area behind the building across the canal from C, or the little walled off area behind the crane, and get held there pretty badly. If a team utilises a couple of tones and a couple of pilots with sonar knife you can really easily see which way pilots are trying to escape and lock it down horribly. There was a screenshot early on from a goonstack which held a team like 400-25 on drydock in hardpoint because they just locked them in super fast and they didnt get out all match.

Crash Site has the opportunity for that a bit but it's easier to break out I think. And actually in attrition it can be beneficial, like i said.

As mentioned above, the best way to break it is to literally haul rear end out as fast as you can. Hope you don't get sonar'd to hell, go sideways and get far enough away that you get into a different spawn zone. On drydock if you can break to the canals either side of the map you'll generally get out. All it takes is one person to make it and the spawn area will shift.

The Crash Site spawn trap is on the C flag in Hardpoint. You get jammed into a corner and you can't get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mill Village posted:

The Crash Site spawn trap is on the C flag in Hardpoint. You get jammed into a corner and you can't get out.

There's a side passage out of there which is the better option for getting out of that part. If there's a guy or two watching it well I can see how that area might be awful though.