Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've been using chocobos to travel at night but that's good to now. Doing the waterfall dungeon is exactly where I am on the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You'll also want to finish Cindy's questline - the last upgrade allows the Regalia to drive at night without being interrupted by daemons.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

You'll also want to finish Cindy's questline - the last upgrade allows the Regalia to drive at night without being interrupted by daemons.

That's less of an issue since you can fast travel between parking spots and not have to deal with demons for 10 gil.

Even with the last upgrade, you're still not going to be helped by it when you get off the road, which is where almost every quest actually is.

Also you can't finish Cindy's questline until Chapter 8, so you're kinda hosed of you want to do anything before then, unless there's some way to sequence break into the Vesper pool early.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 16, 2016

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
My characters are in the mid 40s, and the dungeon for the last upgrade is wrecking my poo poo.

Specifically a Naga that drops into a circular pit and constantly Toads everyone

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PunkBoy posted:

My characters are in the mid 40s, and the dungeon for the last upgrade is wrecking my poo poo.

Specifically a Naga that drops into a circular pit and constantly Toads everyone

Yeah that one really sucks and I honestly wish I had ribbons.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

PunkBoy posted:

Do you have that item that negates toad? Moon amulet I think. I just had that on Noct and went to town, didn't care about the others.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Most diners sell a food that completely negates that status effect

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Most diners sell a food that completely negates that status effect

All Crows Nests do, though that won't help against the petrification.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, I admittedly didn't prepare for it, so I'll take another crack at it when the world opens up again.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm happy to see 19.7% of accounts to have touched FF15 (PSN) have finished the game, quite amazing stats.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

MrLonghair posted:

I'm happy to see 19.7% of accounts to have touched FF15 (PSN) have finished the game, quite amazing stats.

That IS pretty huge

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I haven't finished. But I am 50 hours in still having a great time.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I haven't finished. But I am 50 hours in still having a great time.

How have you hit 50 hours and not finished? I was 35 hours to completion and that was with leveling up to 50-60ish, doing nearly all the side quests available before the post-game, and having downtime spent waiting for day/night shifts.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I umbra'd back to the world midway through 13. Should I do more story? I don't want to lock out of side stuff or see the end until I'm done with the world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

I umbra'd back to the world midway through 13. Should I do more story? I don't want to lock out of side stuff or see the end until I'm done with the world.

Nothing is ever locked off and theres stuff that opens up only on atory completion.

Again the only actual missable in the game is a trophy/achievement for beating a late story boss on normal rather than easy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I think the photo bomb achievement hosed up for me, does it happen more than once?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
There's very little reason to switch to easy though. Game is fine on normal

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Barudak posted:

Nothing is ever locked off and theres stuff that opens up only on atory completion.

Again the only actual missable in the game is a trophy/achievement for beating a late story boss on normal rather than easy.

No the real missable in the game is not getting shots of Iris on a chocobo. :colbert:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

I think the photo bomb achievement hosed up for me, does it happen more than once?

It hosed up for me in that it gave me the achievement on a picture where she was absent, but she showed in up two later pictures anyway.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

exploded mummy posted:

hosed up how? Like she showed up and you didn't get it? Maybe if it was some kind of story sequence that might happen?

The achievement comes when she shows up in the picture but you didn't know she was there. ~Spooky~

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

nessin posted:

How have you hit 50 hours and not finished? I was 35 hours to completion and that was with leveling up to 50-60ish, doing nearly all the side quests available before the post-game, and having downtime spent waiting for day/night shifts.

I beat it at 80 hours almost on the dot, level 83 with every single sidequest I could do in the bag.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Levantine posted:

I beat it at 80 hours almost on the dot, level 83 with every single sidequest I could do in the bag.

I'm actually legitimately curious what took you so long. After I beat it getting to 99 was only another 5 hours of work, and that was just because I'd spent so little time picking up items I had to farm coins. I hadn't completed the last tag quest, Cindy's last upgrade quest, and I was missing three Armiger weapons. I think I was at Rank 5 for Hunts, but not 100% sure there. Getting the remaining stuff done, leveling to 99, and finishing the post-game content was only another 15-20 hours tops. I honestly don't even understand how it's possible to get to 80 hours even finishing the post-game content. 50 I can at least make sense of, but 80?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fru Fru posted:

hosed up how? Like she showed up and you didn't get it? Maybe if it was some kind of story sequence that might happen?

The achievement comes when she shows up in the picture but you didn't know she was there. ~Spooky~

I have the photo but it looks like the achievement is still locked.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

nessin posted:

I'm actually legitimately curious what took you so long. After I beat it getting to 99 was only another 5 hours of work, and that was just because I'd spent so little time picking up items I had to farm coins. I hadn't completed the last tag quest, Cindy's last upgrade quest, and I was missing three Armiger weapons. I think I was at Rank 5 for Hunts, but not 100% sure there. Getting the remaining stuff done, leveling to 99, and finishing the post-game content was only another 15-20 hours tops. I honestly don't even understand how it's possible to get to 80 hours even finishing the post-game content. 50 I can at least make sense of, but 80?

I was at Hunter Rank 8 by the time I left Altissa. I never used Umbra in the endgame but I did everything I could before then. I do tend to be slower than most gamers mostly because I'm constantly exploring areas that end up being of no interest usually. I also wasn't very efficient in doing some hunts in that I'd clear a dungeon, then find a hunt there, then have to go back, rinse and repeat sometimes.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

exploded mummy posted:

I have the photo but it looks like the achievement is still locked.

That is weird but she has shown up at least 5 times for me so she will show up again. Whether that gets you the achievement or not, I don't know. :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MrLonghair posted:

Compared to other open-world games and JRPGs, the main story is extremely short.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This is liable to be my first PS4 plat, but fishing 10......

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sefal posted:

There's very little reason to switch to easy though. Game is fine on normal

I turned on easy in the 100 floor dungeon because it makes encounters faster and I was exhausted

I like how there's at least two (possibly more) dungeons in the postgame that are the dungeon version of Yiazmat

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

wizard on a water slide posted:

I haven't fished since the first one where you feed the cat at Galdin Quay

Don't think I'm missing much

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fishing 10 doesn't take super long, and it goes really fast if you do all your fishing at Vesperpool. I went from 9-10 in maybe 25 minutes or less this morning.

This game is probably one of the easier ones to Plat. I think there's only one "difficult" achievement in that you have to kill a post game boss.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Go to The Forgotten Pools fishing spot in Duscae during the day
Fish up everything with ease.
Hit rank 10 in record time.

I turned on easy in the 100 floor dungeon because it makes encounters faster and I was exhausted

I like how there's at least two (possibly more) dungeons in the postgame that are the dungeon version of Yiazmat

Which one was that? Because I will be super sad if there is a dungeon longer than the Steyliff Grove one.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Likewise. Which kind of surprised me. Usually games like this have some pretty absurd requirements for trophies.

nessin posted:

I don't understand how someone doesn't understand that it's possible to play this game for 80 hours if you want.

I'm at 53 hours and have only went to Altissia about 5 hours ago. Not sure why people taking longer than you to play a game is blowing your mind so much. Especially for a game where you have multiple options for traveling from a to b any given time, one of which is a leisurely car ride while listening to music! I also spend a lot of time just running around exploring and fighting stuff I don't need to for the hell of it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is it just me or is the Type F slower on land than the normal Regalia?

Also, don't try to fly and land at night, if you know what's good for you.

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 16, 2016

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Levantine posted:

There is a cool sniper rifle you can get the same way.

Alternatively, it seems you can do the carrot trade thing with that one dude to get the ones you might not have. (I think that's how it works)

How do you use the sniper rifle? Is there some way to look down the sights?

The carrot trade thing gives you more crown city (absorb) weapons, not machinery.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Augus posted:

Compared to other open-world games and JRPGs, the main story is extremely short.

Compared to Star Ocean 5 the main story is extremely short, for you were on the main story the entire time in SO5, no real way to step away from it despite side-activities. Really, the entire game of FF15 is extremely short not in time but experienced, perceived length, because every single cutscene and slow-walk-by-force conversation in Star Ocean 5 is unskippable, more frequent than fights in FF15, there is only one pre-rendered bit towards the end where you have the chance to bypass it. One cutscene is 17 minutes long and filled with writing more worthless and useless than the most drab and dull of FF15 sidequests, and there is no skipping past that cutscene that does nothing to add to the experience or teach you anything of value about the world you're in.

It's a disaster masterpiece that I recommend people dig out of the bargain bin once it reaches $10 at most ever. It's a game that requires a rifftrax state of mind.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

DalaranJ posted:

The carrot trade thing gives you more crown city (absorb) weapons, not machinery.

This is false true, I suppose. I remembered incorrectly.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 16, 2016

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

El Diablo Bob O posted:

This is false. I just received a piece of machinery for giving the guy four carrots.

It's possibly because I only had 3 machines up to that point.

The weapon option disappeared for me and I only have 3 machinery.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
:doh:

I'm 40 and about to take the boat to Altissa. And I'm wrong.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 16, 2016

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

Likewise. Which kind of surprised me. Usually games like this have some pretty absurd requirements for trophies.

I don't understand how someone doesn't understand that it's possible to play this game for 80 hours if you want.

I'm at 53 hours and have only went to Altissia about 5 hours ago. Not sure why people taking longer than you to play a game is blowing your mind so much. Especially for a game where you have multiple options for traveling from a to b any given time, one of which is a leisurely car ride while listening to music! I also spend a lot of time just running around exploring and fighting stuff I don't need to for the hell of it.

But but but. You didn't powergrind? Well I never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

El Diablo Bob O posted:

This is false. I just received a piece of machinery for giving the guy four carrots.

It's possibly because I only had 3 machines up to that point.

What did you get from him specifically

• Locked thread