Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Soral posted:

i wonder if a game being timed exclusive to iphone has ever convinced someone to buy one... they did it with the fallout game too

they do it in exchange for a big marketing push by Apple

the release of Mario Run was bumped forward so the android version probably isn't even ready yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Run is fun and you have a lot of versatility for a one-input game but the grindy "My Kingdom" metagame poo poo isn't interesting in the slightest (but you have to do it to unlock characters) and I feel like a one-time-purchase app could stand to ditch some of that in favour of more levels or something

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
this game is like sonic the hedgehog

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Fun nintendo fact that i just found out: the guy who founded Retro Studios left the company so he could form Topheavy Studios, the company that went bankrupt because The Guy Game (knock-off Girls Gone Wild trivia game) had an underage girl in it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Rare was pretty visible for a second party, they would interact with fans a lot through their website including lots of references to British memes, often revolving around a stick figure man in his underwear named "Mr. Pants".

this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Fun nintendo fact that i just found out: the guy who founded Retro Studios left the company so he could form Topheavy Studios, the company that went bankrupt because The Guy Game (knock-off Girls Gone Wild trivia game) had an underage girl in it

he didn't leave, he got forced out because he pissed away lots of money and posted photos sitting in a hot tub on the roof of the studio with a bunch of whores

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

he didn't leave, he got forced out because he pissed away lots of money and posted photos sitting in a hot tub on the roof of the studio with a bunch of whores

lmao i was just goin off what i can find messin around on wikipedia, what a life.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Saints Row as hell

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hat Thoughts posted:

lmao i was just goin off what i can find messin around on wikipedia, what a life.

yeah that all happened years ago, like before Metroid Prime (and back when a company like Nintendo could still actually scrub pictures from the internet)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ummm that guy fuckin rules.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if thats the guy responsible for the seeds of the bimboification of Samus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Saints Row as hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I wonder if thats the guy responsible for the seeds of the bimboification of Samus

I've heard that Sakamoto, the co-creator of Metroid is actually responsible for this

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Yeah, the seeds were there from the start.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

she looked sexy in the super metroid manga, super metroid ending, and the zero suit in zero mission

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm really going to enjoy drawing this!!!!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm glad Samus is sexy now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope she get's even hotter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

That would require Nintendo to make more Metroid games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I knew she would be my wife the moment she removed her helmet at the end of Metroid (1986)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

net cafe scandal posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

inasmch as a corpse, as it decays, can become hotter than the normal temperature of living humans given the right environrmental conditions, she is

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah, some win convos going on here

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

its very important that you watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DKGKs32xjs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think ppl ar elying when they say star fox zer o is good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think ppl ar elying when they say star fox zer o is good

its good and i dont lie

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

its good and i dont lie

then you are simply mistaken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched some evil eagle streams and the controls complaints seem extremely overblown but I don't like that so many levels are arenas you have to wander around in instead of autoscrolling classic stages

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, SF0 has too much all range mode. The controls are good though.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wrote way too much about why its bad on my on line website 69 months ago http://coolgreat.website/post/144747466925/star-fox-zero-a-review-in-way-too-many-words like com,ment and subscribe

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its proper nettiqutte to like comment and subscribe when someone asks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I subscribed to your YouTube channel because I love randommame

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

i wrote way too much about why its bad on my on line website 69 months ago http://coolgreat.website/post/144747466925/star-fox-zero-a-review-in-way-too-many-words like com,ment and subscribe

nice

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

I subscribed to your YouTube channel because I love randommame

thank you, i hope to get back to it this week as i am not deathly ill. this is a man who knows his netiquete

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

absolutely anything posted:

I did read this a long time ago actually when you posted it somewhere else and i agree. Its not just the levels or controls or whatever but the whole structure of the game sucks and really misses the point of the tight, single-sitting "arcade" experience of Star Fox & SF64

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

sf0 gave me arcade feels the way i loved a cabinet/control design that a console then couldnt do. the controls' novelty didn't wear off on me (wii u gyropad was reading my mind @_@). but yeah you sorta gotta defend sf0 rather than just saying you enjoy it. ( i did a lot! :sweatdrop:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

playing peppy shouting barrel roll blowing up a big capital ship cannon by cannon was also epic. all the banter in the game is win