Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's not so much bugged as completely worthless. It leaves behind 3 firewalls that last for about....4 seconds? Something like that.

On PC it sure as heck doesn't, if it leaves behind anything its gone in less than a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Just an idiot legion, some goosers and some dumb pilots.

Kelp Me! posted:

I really need to train myself that Laser Core is pretty lovely, since I've died a million times to enemy Titans who kill me with regular fire before I can kill them. It's great to use on pilots though and I've gotten several "lol you wasted your core on me on foot" and the like.

If you are doomed you should always be at the moment's notice to mash the eject button. And just remember that you are extremely vulnerable when using the core due to the reduced mobility, but you can always eject out of it even during the core, and your Titan keeps shooting it's laser core as you start the eject sequence so you can squeeze out a little damage at whatever Titan you were shooting out just as you eject out. I'm not sure what else you'd want out of the core, it's pretty straight forward as an extension of Ion's regular abilities- gently caress poo poo up with lasers that do a gently caress ton of damage.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

AirRaid posted:

On the flip side, on Crash Site attrittion if your entire team holes up in the back corner where the A point is in Hardpoint, you can really effectively camp and murder anything that tries to come in, since your AIs will spawn around you and not get mown down much at all, and there's a good chokepoint.

Have you tried swapping data centers? On the main menu on the bottom left it shows what center you're connected to and if you click it you can choose a different one (give it a sec to populate, it'll ping them all). There may be another data center with a similar ping, could try that and see if there's more people on.

oh man i couldn't find where to change the data center for the longest time, thanks, I'll give this a shot.

I bought my key off G2A.com and I have no idea if that has a bearing on my data center but I have a feeling it's throwing me in russian data center or something

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Damage-wise is laser core the most powerful core? Assuming you land the whole thing?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Wazzit posted:

If you are doomed you should always be at the moment's notice to mash the eject button. And just remember that you are extremely vulnerable when using the core due to the reduced mobility, but you can always eject out of it even during the core, and your Titan keeps shooting it's laser core as you start the eject sequence so you can squeeze out a little damage at whatever Titan you were shooting out just as you eject out. I'm not sure what else you'd want out of the core, it's pretty straight forward as an extension of Ion's regular abilities- gently caress poo poo up with lasers that do a gently caress ton of damage.

I once lasered someone while doomed and then ejected. They ejected a second later and we had a kick'n rad fight falling back towards the ground.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Xguard86 posted:

I once lasered someone while doomed and then ejected. They ejected a second later and we had a kick'n rad fight falling back towards the ground.

That right there is why this game is GOAT.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Knifegrab posted:

On PC it sure as heck doesn't, if it leaves behind anything its gone in less than a second.
Yeah, the trails it leaves have a very, very short life span. Maybe if it was something closer to a Firewall effect, it'd be great; but in it's current state it's just a little useless.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the titanfall kit being replaced with a core kit; like that new Scorch kit being the only one that affects the core ability of the titan is weird to me and it'd be cool to do other mods to other titan cores. Like maybe having the laser core penetrate through multiple titans, or having flight core shoot out less rockets, but the rockets it does shoot are cluster missiles.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

veni veni veni posted:

Damage-wise is laser core the most powerful core? Assuming you land the whole thing?

I highly doubt it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

SpazmasterX posted:

I highly doubt it.

Its gotta be close, i usually use Tone and the salvo core won't kill someone outright, but i have absolutely been killed by the laser core through a freshly dropped shield and i didn't have enough time to eject before i exploded. I've also been killed by it standing behind another titan

Scorch's core seems kind of lovely, i have no idea how to use Ronin effectively so ill withhold judgement there, and Northstars core is probably better than Tone's but leaves him super vulnerable.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Inspector Hound posted:

Scorch's core seems kind of lovely
It's not very good, but it does its damage in a single burst, so it can be useful for immediately finishing off a low-life enemy Titan.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Laser core is absolutely more powerful than salvo core. An entire Salvo core can't even do 100% damage to a Titan except maybe Ronin, which might not even be true. Laser core can take out any Titan if you get a full burst on them I believe with room to gently caress up a second Titan.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Scorch's core has definitely caught me by surprise at multiple times and can finish off a Titan at a 1/4 way of health and burn through the doomed state before you have a chance to react. Just have to keep your distance from Scorch at all times, especially with the fireshield.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I respect a good scorch player more than anything. Some people just annihilate poo poo with him and it always catches me off guard. Usually when I see scorch I think "oooh free Titan kill" but once in while it ends up being some guy that lays waste to everyone.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Here's the most accurate weapon spreadsheet docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=1950122771

Laser core does 350 direct damage and 350 splash per tick on a direct hit.

Salvo shoots 30 rockets that do 180 direct damage and 180 splash.

Laser core may do more damage, but it's much easier to hit with more salvo core. As an aside, I think smart core may do the most total damage.

(Some numbers may not be completely accurate because respawn is doing tweaks server side)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, no doubt salvo core is way easier to hit with. I'm just talking sheer numbers.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's a whole lot of posting about titanfall 2 going on and the ps4 networks are empty :getin:

edit I'm in [GOON] Something Awful and Goonfall, what other ones should I join?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Inspector Hound posted:

There's a whole lot of posting about titanfall 2 going on and the ps4 networks are empty :getin:

Xbone

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ps4 here, trapped somewhere between paying as much as pc gamers and having as much fun as xboners

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
if you have strong feelings about the amount of ram in the xbox one feel free to join [32mb] Shark Tank

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HyperPuma posted:

if you have strong feelings about the amount of ram in the xbox one feel free to join [32mb] Shark Tank

This post does nothing to clarify for me what that thread is

fake edit like is it just the regular Xbone thread, I've never understood

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

HyperPuma posted:

32 millibits is a pretty tiny amount of RAM, yikes.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ronins core turns you into an absolute nightmare for enemy titans. it like halves all your ability coodowns (including dash) so you can be all. around an enemy titan lightning blading and meleeing their face off for its duration, or if the battle turns you can hightail it the gently caress out of there. I'd rank salvo core above laser purely just for the trickshots, firing the whole salvo into the sky before walking around a corner never gets old and enemies never, ever expect to get a whole truckload of rockets dropped on their head.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Inspector Hound posted:

This post does nothing to clarify for me what that thread is

fake edit like is it just the regular Xbone thread, I've never understood

its a place for like-minded people to discuss star wars, donald trump, The Ram, titanfall, rocket league and other subjects along that theme

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

quite stretched out posted:

ronins core turns you into an absolute nightmare for enemy titans. it like halves all your ability coodowns (including dash) so you can be all. around an enemy titan lightning blading and meleeing their face off for its duration, or if the battle turns you can hightail it the gently caress out of there. I'd rank salvo core above laser purely just for the trickshots, firing the whole salvo into the sky before walking around a corner never gets old and enemies never, ever expect to get a whole truckload of rockets dropped on their head.

How does this work. I've air launched rockets up in the air and they almost always just splash down in front of the titan. Do I need to be looking at a titan. I was under impression they are seekers?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

soggybagel posted:

How does this work. I've air launched rockets up in the air and they almost always just splash down in front of the titan. Do I need to be looking at a titan. I was under impression they are seekers?

They track to your current crosshairs.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is it just me or is the Spitfire kind of bad. I've seen the Devotion in killcams on me, I'm extremely jelly

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Xarbala posted:

Is it just me or is the Spitfire kind of bad. I've seen the Devotion in killcams on me, I'm extremely jelly

The spitfire is great in single player, where you should enjoy it to its fullest. Use the R201, CAR, Devotion and maybe the laser mg in multi.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector Hound posted:

What is your PSN? I will add you to the Message group. It's not tremendously active, but we get groups going fairly regularly. Also just look for parties where the people are playing Titanfall and hop in and see if they mind another.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Elysiume posted:

32 millibits is a pretty tiny amount of RAM, yikes.

What's with the RAM thing that everyone in the forums seems to be running into the ground?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm in that Network and I don't even get the joke either. That is the most active goon network on PS4 afaik though. No ones uses the GOON one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Inspector Hound posted:

Eh, don't really bother with networks. I just have a bunch of psn friends that play titanfall via this thread and such. I just spam invites to anyone playing Titanfall when I login. I also joined the most populated networks and will pop in there asking if anyone else wants to group up if we need a couple more. Have a full group just about every night, it's good fun

Xarbala posted:

Yeah I never see anyone use it. Devotion absolutely wrecks poo poo, however

does this game lock lovely camos behind weapon use and stuff like COD did? That was at least a good way to get people to use more than one gun

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Xarbala posted:

The Spitfire is not a good gun. It has no niche in which it's the best gun and it's mediocre to bad at all ranges. There's really no reason to use it over other guns.

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's with the RAM thing that everyone in the forums seems to be running into the ground?
I was making a bad joke about mb being millibits instead of MB which is megabytes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hey guys I have more Dew & Doritos codes so if you just gotta have that execution or sick Ion dew skin holla, (or if you used codes before and didn't get them) :madmax:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Inspector Hound posted:

Its gotta be close, i usually use Tone and the salvo core won't kill someone outright, but i have absolutely been killed by the laser core through a freshly dropped shield and i didn't have enough time to eject before i exploded. I've also been killed by it standing behind another titan

Scorch's core seems kind of lovely, i have no idea how to use Ronin effectively so ill withhold judgement there, and Northstars core is probably better than Tone's but leaves him super vulnerable.

Salvo is strong and fast, but only useful against one titan, Flight is weaker but works decent on pilots as well as titans.

Laser and Flame are devastating against grouped enemies, especially Flame if you're in range. Laser kills it with Grand Cannon and Overcore.

Smart is absolutely the most damage output in total. Sword is the odd man out since it's pretty great but super dependent on the skill of the player.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
If we're talking raw damage Flight Core actually beats out Salvo Core... not that you'll be able to actually deal said amount of damage due to Flight Core's missiles being dumbfire so you'll probably miss a bunch.

Elysiume posted:

The Spitfire is not a good gun. It has no niche in which it's the best gun and it's mediocre to bad at all ranges. There's really no reason to use it over other guns.
Pretty sure its only purpose is to be some sort of hosed up game of chicken where you get the Spitfire to a higher generation and brag about it, daring people to try and beat you but hoping they turn away first so you don't have to use it again. I'm gen 3 with it by the way!

Really though, they should give it back its 3 shot kill from the first game. I think it'd be okay if they did that (well actually I think it's an okay gun overall already, it's just that everything else is better so there's no real reason to use it).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

hey guys I have more Dew & Doritos codes so if you just gotta have that execution or sick Ion dew skin holla, (or if you used codes before and didn't get them) :madmax:

I'll totes take a couple if you got em. I still haven't managed to get the dumb Ion skin.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I really need to buy the upgrade for PMs so I can scarf these codes. :/

On PC, I finally got the top spot tonight. Nuke eject in general is something most people are prepared for but Complex is a lovely map and you can do this stuff all day. I'm happy with the screenshot anyway.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I suck at Attrition in this game. I mean I usually don't die too much, but I just don't get a lot of points. I think I might be focusing on pilots too much.

I can play Hardpoint and do way better.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lumpy posted:

What is your PSN? I will add you to the Message group. It's not tremendously active, but we get groups going fairly regularly. Also just look for parties where the people are playing Titanfall and hop in and see if they mind another.

Threw my name on the spreadsheet, I'm Inspect0r_Hound on PSN

Mill Village posted:

I suck at Attrition in this game. I mean I usually don't die too much, but I just don't get a lot of points. I think I might be focusing on pilots too much.

I can play Hardpoint and do way better.

At the very start and very end i focus almost exclusively on hunting down the AI. Grunts and stalkers are worth a point each, reapers are five, and ive lost too many games by one point to ignore the AI and risk everyone on the enemy team being better at the call of duty style shoot-man than me (they always are). Plug two titans and a couple pilots during the course of the round and you'll break a hundred points easy.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Efdp