Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Solitair posted:

I have thirty tabs open right now. You and Sheena can come at me.

131 :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

RareAcumen posted:

Huh, that's about as many as I have in Chrome right now too.

Solitair posted:

I have thirty tabs open right now. You and Sheena can come at me.

Seek professional help, you owe it to the people who love you.

RareAcumen posted:

King Crimson is simple, as it just lags the real world for everyone but its Stand Master.

This, so much. Epic memes and poorly translated explanations aside, I have no idea how people STILL don't know how KC works. You walk down the street, with 10 paving-stones on the sidewalk in front of you. KC activates as you tread on stone 1, then concludes once you reach stone 10, erasing all the time between those points. Therefore, to your perception, you step onto paving stone 1 and arrive at stone 10. Just like how The Hand erases space, snapping two previously distant points together, KC does the same with time.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 15, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Justice Sloth posted:

This, so much. Epic memes and poorly translated explanations aside, I have no idea how people STILL don't know how KC works. You walk down the street, with 10 paving-stones on the sidewalk in front of you. KC activates as you tread on stone 1, then concludes once you reach stone 10, erasing all the time between those points. Therefore, to your perception, you step onto paving stone 1 and arrive at stone 10. Just like how The Hand erases space, snapping two previously distant points together, KC does the same with time.

Idgi

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Justice Sloth posted:

"The Hand but for time" is such a simple, elegant way to describe King Crimson. I'm surprised this is the first time I've seen the comparison.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
King Crimson is Video Editing, The Stand.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
King Crimson is the episode "Time Keeps on Slippin'" from Futurama. Alternatively it is the "Next Scene" button on your DVD/Blu Ray Remote.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My questions with King Crimson start with the fact that Diavolo can move and act in the erased time, in that case how is it different from The World?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

My questions with King Crimson start with the fact that Diavolo can move and act in the erased time, in that case how is it different from The World?

Stuff is still moving around and it doesn't last as long. He also can't interact with anything during the erased time.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Stuff is still moving around and it doesn't last as long. He also can't interact with anything during the erased time.

Then how did he impale Narancia on that fence?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

Surprises Narancia and throws him or w/e (King Crimson is incredibly physically strong) and then skips time to when he's dead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

He's the only one aware of things while King Crimson is activated, that's how.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Because even though the events DURING his ability are erased, the positions people and objects are in AFTER the ability concludes are kept. I'll refer to the beginning of the ability as KCA and the end as KCB. So he activates KCA, throws Narancia toward the fence within the duration of his ability, then triggers KCB at the last second before Narancia hits the fence. This is why Araki's translated explanation is bad, because it doesn't nullify cause and effect in a linear sense, where an interrupted action has no consequence indefinitely, it only erases the "middle part" of the action, leaving the result intact. A simple way to think about it is that King Crimson erases Causes, not Effects. So when KCB is triggered, to Narancia's perception, he takes a step and then teleports mere inches away from a fence, where he is impaled before he can react. (Also please correct me if this isn't exactly how it happens, this is just a demonstration of how it works, I completely forget the specifics of the narancia/diavolo fight

I also want to point out that Diavolo has a sub-stand similar to Bites the Dust called Epitaph, that allows him to see 10 seconds into the future. KC would be a lot harder to use without it.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It doesn't help that part 5 has a translation that's barely better than Duwang and the new, really good translation isn't done yet.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It doesn't help that part 5 has a translation that's barely better than Duwang and the new, really good translation isn't done yet.

To be honest, even with a good translation, the time/space-warping stands' illustration is really hard to parse unless you're reading a full-colour issue.

I can't tell you how many times I had to re-read pages to wrap my head around what Wekapipo's ability, Chocolate Disco, and D4C Lovetrain do

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Omikron killed Matt!

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/809814068873883650

Forreal though, that sounds really lovely and I hope that Matt can sort out whatever's bringing him down. I also hope the rest of the Zaibatsu can keep things afloat without Matt's steady hand and mountain of Godzilla figures to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Matt... :smith:

I'm not gonna lie, Matt's probably my favorite of the gang and one of my personal heroes to boot, and it really sucks to see him under so much stress and pressure. Hopefully he gets plenty of rest and can sort things out before coming back

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope he sorts everything out well. :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oof, that's a bummer. On some degrees I'm not surprised (previous mentions of the podcast sucking a lot of his energy) - on others, he generally comes off as the most upbeat / positive of the crew. Hope the break helps him.

I guess they'll be pulling in guests on any podcast weeks where someone's gotta be absent? Two person cast seems like it'd be awkward for their dynamic.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I can't believe Omikron broke Matt.

Hopefully the break does him good so he comes back nice and refreshed for Detroit: Become Human.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Didn't the last time Matt step away for a bit from the channel, for his wedding/honeymoon, NBA 2k16, Minecraft and Xcom all happened? The channel is in good hands, then.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
i can't believe woolie killed matt and is using his twitter to make it look like he's taking a break

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

By timeskip rules Matt's going to come back during the absolute worst LP with a cross scar over his eye and save the channel in it's most dire moments.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, that came out of left field. If you're able to take a step back when you feel you're stressed out tho, I can't blame you for doing that. Go play some good videogames and buy Godzilla figurines, I'm sure Pat won't be setting anything on firGODDAMNIT PAT GET OUT OF THAT CLOSET RIGHT NOW

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

Huh, that came out of left field. If you're able to take a step back when you feel you're stressed out tho, I can't blame you for doing that. Go play some good videogames and buy Godzilla figurines, I'm sure Pat won't be setting anything on firGODDAMNIT PAT GET OUT OF THAT CLOSET RIGHT NOW

I want the ending of a found footage movie, except the ending is just Pat sitting in the closet eating chocolate again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well that's a bummer, I hope he feels better soon. :smith:

I blame all of you for this.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
David Cage doing literal damage to the Best Friends' health. :(

Maybe they shouldn't be forcing Liam to play Unleashed. What if he's next?! :ohdear:

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Red Metal posted:

i can't believe woolie killed matt and is using his twitter to make it look like he's taking a break

i can't believe woolie killed matt and blackmailed pat into writing a fake twitter message for him

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Honestly I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. They've been putting out content twice daily for how many years? Gotta take a break eventually.

I just hope this isn't the beginning of a downward spiral for the channel and that the other guys can keep it all going. Also wondering what the "format changes" are going to be (please don't let them go to 10-minute videos like some other LPers do). I know YouTube keeps loving with their algorithm.

Either way, good luck Matt.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Better take a break than burn out I guess. Kinda want them to sub in Paige in the meantime just to watch the comment sections detonate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope the format change involves something like a video editor so the boys can focus on content creation.

This doesn't seem too sudden imo, Matt has been ramping up the self-deprecation jokes lately.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
People seemed to like the paige/pat ff15 vid, might not be a bad idea

Good luck Matt!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I hope Matt enjoys his time away. This feels like it's been a long time coming for him, so I hope he's able to get the rest and re-focusing he needs.

HoboTech posted:

I just hope this isn't the beginning of a downward spiral for the channel and that the other guys can keep it all going. Also wondering what the "format changes" are going to be (please don't let them go to 10-minute videos like some other LPers do). I know YouTube keeps loving with their algorithm.

I really, really hope it's not this. Ten minute LP videos are like...bad. They have no time to actually build up to anything and they make LPs take even longer then they already do.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
As someone who consumed a lot of Yogscast content once upon a time, 10 minute videos are okay if you got other things to do but I much appreciate the longer length the SBF do. Also they're not grating manchildren like 90% of the Yogscast so that's pretty swell! The SBF are way more fun to watch.

Best of luck to Matt!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it is not loving 2008 do not release 10 minute videos please

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/ironicartist/status/809848906003554305

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
drat, Woolie recovered really good from a double KO in the latest upload, I'm surprised how well prepared he seems.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

HGH posted:

drat, Woolie recovered really good from a double KO in the latest upload, I'm surprised how well prepared he seems.

Him actually caring about the game and not going into Podcast mode eliminates my complaints about the LP, the last few episodes have been really good.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Good luck Matt, hope you enjoy the break time with your wife and family and pets : )

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is the work-est thing to ever work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Considering that Matt said the format changes were to provide more variety of content, I highly doubt they are going to move over to 10-minute videos and make every lp have the length of 7 lps. What's more likely is something like a stricter streaming schedule or more videos of them watching bad anime movies from the 80's.

Also I'm glad Matt's taking a break because he's talked about not liking every aspect of the channel all the time and it'll probably be good for him to get away from it.