Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally catching up to this LP, it's been great so far. The game's my favorite in the series (and certainly a contender for all-time favorite) but I've played through it enough that it's been really nice to see it through new eyes. I liked the OoT blind run too, but I find this game to be much more interesting from that perspective because of the multiple new major mechanics they introduced and the different design philosophies they used for the overworld and the dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 39 - The Truth Is Out There

:psyduck:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So I feel like crap and probably oxygen deprivation causing slightly less logic in my ~*~*ART*~*~ but this is what came to mind.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Aw cliffhanger!

Surprised none of you noticed the seductive giggle from the cow when she was giving you milk, I never knew that happened :psyduck:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Tell me about your poker nights.

Ok, if you insist!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I think I had one of the tens in my hand for that round too

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
And now I'm picturing Fae as Sigourney Weaver...which would be a greater twist than anything Zelda has to offer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
THe next vid will begin with Fae killing the final Alien while yelling "Get away from her, you BITCH!"

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Ok, if you insist!

What poker host is that?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Disappointed that no one went for the easy Luigi's Ranchin' pun.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

What poker host is that?

PokerStars. It looks and feels like a slimy program designed to riddle your machine with malware and has a poor interface, but it's fun for the occasional poker nights we do.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm super excited guys, I entered the LP winter contest with a cute little short video about a monster who builds snowmen and I wanted to share it with you all

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I've finally caught up to this thread! :woop: I am actually, myself, playing Majora's Mask for the first time (well, Majora's Mask 3D) so I've had to hold off until I was pretty sure I was past wherever you were. And I'm just about at parity, so as long as i keep playing I should get to keep watching videos as they come out now!

I have to admit my attempts at Goron racing went almost exactly the same way yours did.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Also something worth pointing out is that at some point in the last few weeks Nintendo finally got their poo poo together and fixed the discount on the Wii U eShop. So if you owned it on the Wii Virtual Console, now you can be like me and replay the original for the 80 bajillionth time and not get gouged out of 10bux.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I blame Artix for my 4th purchase of Majora's Mask.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The only reason I haven't gotten it a fourth time is that the 3DS improvements somehow managed to outweigh playing it on a big screen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Presented without comment.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 13, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Wow, that mask is even more bizarre in the 3DS version.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

EDIT: NO WAIT I FIGURED OUT WHERE I hosed UP GIMME A SEC ITS TIME FOR SOME EMERGENCY EDITING

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 14, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fae fixed the video, but it's also currently past 1 AM her time, so I'm filling in for her while she gets some sleep. Be careful, it's not a Polsy link right now because Polsy seems to be down.

Episode 40 - Fae, Please Pay More Attention

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 14, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
So, dare we ask what was broken?

The UFO thing was a pain, but at least you had infinite arrows in the wagon chase, so that's something.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's more fun if you imagine the Milk Bar only sells White Russians

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

faeplayszelda.gif

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

FeyerbrandX posted:

"I am bad at directions"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

So, dare we ask what was broken?

The UFO thing was a pain, but at least you had infinite arrows in the wagon chase, so that's something.

There were some audio issues on the earlier take.

FeyerbrandX posted:

:allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Seriously though that gif is perfect for an avatar.

I'm just not sure "I'm bad at directions" is the best caption. Despite it being absolutely true for me.

Seriously I watch Fae run around getting lost and go "me too friend"

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I love everything about Romani Ranch. :allears:

I love how there's a whole Hylian X-COM Horse Archery Cow Defense subplot. I love that when you practice for it you get the the goofy, banjo-rear end horserace theme. I love how in the aftermath you have to defend the milk from raiders by "discouraging them with your arrows." Yes. discouraging them. And then I totally lost it with Cremia's little speech about growing up.

Congratulations, Link! Today you are a man. Here is your cow mask to represent this important life milestone.

I suspect this is because one of the things that's been striking me in Majora's Mask is how Link isn't really a kid anymore. He can can wield sizable blades, and the Hylian shield, as well as any Knight. Most shopkeepers see him as just another customer, even if they sell weapons. The soldiers had to double-take, but they only make the mistake once and are totally embarassed about it.

But none of that matters, you know? What matters is a cow mask.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ManxomeBromide posted:

I love everything about Romani Ranch. :allears:

I love how there's a whole Hylian X-COM Horse Archery Cow Defense subplot. I love that when you practice for it you get the the goofy, banjo-rear end horserace theme. I love how in the aftermath you have to defend the milk from raiders by "discouraging them with your arrows." Yes. discouraging them. And then I totally lost it with Cremia's little speech about growing up.

Congratulations, Link! Today you are a man. Here is your cow mask to represent this important life milestone.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this after we stopped recording, but if you do that minigame again and don't let them break any of the milk bottles, Cremia gives Link a big hug as his reward. Of course, given his size, his face gets planted right in her tits and the game gives you a cute little message like "You feel all fuzzy inside". It might even add a heart in there somewhere, but I'm not sure if that was the original or the 3DS version.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It was in both! Both versions say something like "you could get used to this."

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
And now I'm flashing back to the GameFAQs topic "post if you liked Cremia's hug" or some poo poo. Thanks guys.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Ah yes, I remember some people going on about how it was probably the first hug Link had ever gotten, and how he had been shown very little basic human affection up until now, etcetera etcertera. (Fan theories are always good for a laugh.)

Still... Majora's Mask: Kind of a dark and hosed-up game.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The gamefaqs topics I remember were "Where does Cremia store her Cream" which was entirely stupid 14 year olds making dumb sex jokes and "The [redacted] topic" Which I actually at the time thought were interesting thoughts and dissections on the nature of the plot. Redacted the proper noun due to potential implied spoilers but anyone that was 'there' at the time may know what I'm talking about. It had a googledocs collection document at one point for archiving the thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So very recently, I've gotten ahold of a method to record 3DS games, so we realized we could actually show the differences between this game and its remake, so here's the first of these looks at the remake!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's not that bad. What they did manage to do with the bosses was remove the ability to completely cheese them without any effort. It does mess with the flow, admittedly, but technically they're now harder to beat than in the original.

The Notebook with its unskippable notifications is really annoying though.

The Bombers are now a random hint system for everything you haven't found yet on your own in the Notebook, it's not just the Great Fairy or whatever.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Yes I agree. The only boss I feel was a step down in 3D was Goht, for that exact reason. Every other one I felt was a lateral move at worst.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The new Goht fight highlights a change they didn't make that I think they should have: I kind of wish they would have made the bow usable in all forms, with each non-human form being able to use at least one magical arrow. I find it slightly irritating when I have to change forms to do just one short thing before I change back. This would also apply to using beans in Deku form and one particular future item, but none of those changes were made.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/superherofae/status/809839165277880320

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

For context: my friends discovered that I haven't seen a lot of classic late 80s/early 90s movies. Artix was particularly mad because I haven't seen Jurassic Park. He made this tweet.

https://twitter.com/ArtixLP/status/809836929986494464

I'm holding him to this and we're watching Jurassic Park tonight.

In other news, I may need a replacement Artix soon..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Yes I agree. The only boss I feel was a step down in 3D was Goht, for that exact reason. Every other one I felt was a lateral move at worst.

Counterpoint: The fourth boss sucks immensely in 3D.

The big improvement of the bow and arrow in 3D is that the arrow now flies to where the tip is located on screen. Which fucks up years of muscle memory for the people that learned how to aim in OOT/MM N64, but is incredibly more usable for anyone expecting a sane aiming experience.

:rip: