Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rogue One was 1/3 of an awesome movie. First 2/3s were okay stuff, but holy gently caress does it nail the third act.

As it is, I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I've been watching BOTW before bed for weeks now, and I've thoroughly exhausted the supply. The jonesing got so bad last night that I watched the Plinkett Cop Dog review. Please send help.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

What help? That review and the Baby's Day Out one are probably the funniest for your time out of all of them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I've been watching BOTW before bed for weeks now, and I've thoroughly exhausted the supply. The jonesing got so bad last night that I watched the Plinkett Cop Dog review. Please send help.

This is me, but when I get bored re-watching RLM I substitute other things, like the Persona 4 Endurance Run or long form video game criticisms.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can watch SFDebris review's of Star Trek episodes

they aren't funny like RLM though

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

No I can't cause he's not on YouTube, he's on some site my tablet won't work with.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
does the youtube tablet app support x0.25 playback speed, cause I know a way to quadruple your rlm time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Justin Credible posted:

What help? That review and the Baby's Day Out one are probably the funniest for your time out of all of them.

:agreed:

I start laughing before he even gets into it with Baby's Day Out, because what the gently caress he's reviewing Baby's Day Out

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
also listen to their commentary tracks: http://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
when will we get an ishtar commentary track

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Shinjobi posted:

when will we get an ishtar commentary track

In approximately 3234423 hours

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ive been watching this guy lately, hes reviews movies and I get a good laugh out of most of them:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ04pLI44c0PWRzubEV6ogA

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

FuturePastNow posted:

I like the TNG movies reviews he does as between the SFDebris and Plinkett reviews you learn just how garbage they are from different perspectives.(First Contact is till good)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've gotten into the McElroys recently to about the same extent as I am into RLM's output. The Adventure Zone, Car Boys, Monster Factory, Cool Games Inc... probably kind of depends upon whether you are into video games, but if so, there is a ton of hilarious content from them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

To be fair he does the hard duty of reviewing episodes of star trek voyager so idk if you can really expect comedy when that man is clearly working to atone for some grave sin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Chuck from sfdebris as has an insane work ethic that puts every other Internet reviewer to shame. He's been doing 2-3 reviews a week for over a decade, and they aren't short either. Other reviewers wish they could match his productivity

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Sfdebris is an imperfect reviewer but he tries to be insightful, actually pays attention to the content he watches, and he's very humble and kind.

I've met at least three people who said voyager was the best Star Trek, some of whom when pressed said it was because the captain was a woman, so I support his endeavors in providing another perspective

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Does anyone watch the Cinema Snob here

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Sfdebris is an imperfect reviewer but he tries to be insightful, actually pays attention to the content he watches, and he's very humble and kind.

I've met at least three people who said voyager was the best Star Trek, some of whom when pressed said it was because the captain was a woman, so I support his endeavors in providing another perspective

Voyager is absolute thoughtless dreck but honestly thats exactly what some people want. It is a shame that the only woman captain in the entire series was basically an insane sociopath leading a ship of boring incompetent idiots.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

True, his format hasn't changed and his audio is still terrible, but he makes up for it with his sense of humor and his extensive research. Plus, his version of Janeway is brilliant.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

morboweirwood posted:

I would hope not.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

morboweirwood posted:

"There were two things missing from that scene. One: An explosion, and Two: A good movie!"

Whoo boy sure is some insightful commentary there. Are there any specific episodes to redeem this thing or is it that bad?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

morboweirwood posted:

I used to. The early episodes were pretty fun. Then the episodes started getting longer and I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. I think his schtick works for 5-10 minute stretches on old goofy exploitation movies but it's so hard to give a poo poo for him riffing on the Village People movie for a half hour. Now that Youtube's changed their popularity algorithm again I wonder if he'll shorten the videos and encourage people to comment more.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
We Hate Movies is a really good podcast about bad movies, some old, some modern but they purposely avoid beating dead horses like Troll 2 and Manos. It is hosted by four cinephiles who are pretty funny. Luckily they just did End of Days which was a good episode if you want to jump into something recent and they have 200 episodes to peruse too: http://www.whmpodcast.com

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sorry but every single one of these that doesn't have Rich Evans is complete garbage

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrSlam posted:

I used to. The early episodes were pretty fun. Then the episodes started getting longer and I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. I think his schtick works for 5-10 minute stretches on old goofy exploitation movies but it's so hard to give a poo poo for him riffing on the Village People movie for a half hour. Now that Youtube's changed their popularity algorithm again I wonder if he'll shorten the videos and encourage people to comment more.
I usually watch his Midnight screening vlogs over his snob videos at this point.

Phelous is a guy I will always watch even though his schitick is annoying to most people.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rich Evans: Kingmaker

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sorry but every single one of these that doesn't have Rich Evans is complete garbage

Yeah RLM is good because of the talent not because "they talk about movies"

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
anyone who admits to watching any non rlm youtube show should be exiled.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
RLM is good because mike is funny, Jay is insightful and Rich is fun to laugh at

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, let me just listen to people talk about a visual art without any visuals. What's next? loving reading about movies? What is this poo poo?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, let me just listen to people talk about a visual art without any visuals. What's next? loving reading about movies? What is this poo poo?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd watch a sitcom where the entire laugh track is made up of Rich Evans samples.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Baronjutter posted:

I'd watch a sitcom where the entire laugh track is made up of Rich Evans samples.

*tim allen smashes a hammer into his own dick trying to get more power*

(cacophonous repsonse)

"aah haaaaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaa" "OH MY GAAAAAAAWWWD" "AAAAAAAIIIIIDDDSSSSSS"

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

thexerox123 posted:

Well for Safe Crossing, you can just buy it...
Only $50! Or the VHS is on sale for $25!

Btw, I forgot to say thanks for this!

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
gently caress movies

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope the rlm rogue 1 video is a hundred hours long

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dreezy posted:

anyone who admits to watching any non rlm youtube show should be exiled. permabanned

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

bring back old gbs posted:

i hope the rlm rogue 1 video is a hundred hours long

They'll livestream Rich napping on a couch while Jay and Mike talk about Rogue One in the background. There should be no sound, just wild gesticulating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shinjobi posted:

Rogue One was 1/3 of an awesome movie. First 2/3s were okay stuff, but holy gently caress does it nail the third act.

As it is, I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of ten.

yeah. pretty much. id give it an 8 because i liked all the cameo and nods and thought they were alot better done then force awakens were.

the last 50 or so minutes were great and the last 5 or so were amazing.

the astetics felt straight out of the OT and were cool.

the main characters were pretty meh cept for the robot and the temple guards, but thats ok for what the movie was trying to do which was building onto episode 4.

I did like all the little poo poo.

morboweirwood posted:

i like him, he is one of the last funny people from the cancer hole that is that guy with the glasses. i think he earlier stuff is better then his newer stuff but he seems like pretty cool dude and he doesnt fall into internet bullshit drama like his retarded colligues do. i think RLM do his kinda of comedy better though.

• Locked thread