Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scionix posted:

Charlie Strong: “I baked the cake at Texas. Now it’s Tom Herman’s job to put icing on the cake & win a lot of games."

:jerkbag:

Did he actually say that? A man named Strong ought not exhibit such insecurity.

Also, he lost to Kansas and never had a winning season at Texas. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Charlie Strong Is Not A Very Good Football Coach.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Texas Is No Longer A Relevant School In The College Football World, And I Can't Accept That.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That reminds me that last year Paul Rhoads tearfully insisted that he was leaving a bowl team for the next ISU coach and lol

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Scionix posted:

Charlie Strong Is Not A Very Good Football Coach.

He did pretty damned well at Louisville.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He did pretty damned well at Louisville.

I think the quote may be out of context. I saw his USF presser and he was talking about his experience at Texas and how much he learned from it and enjoyed it, would do it all over again, etc. Idk, probably not the best analogy to make either way, but I don't feel like he's left a bare cupboard the way some coaches do.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A high school coach in california resigned from his program with a nice note that had a great ending.

quote:

“I was blessed to be a part of this great chapter in the book of Los Altos Football. As the page turns…so do priorities. The responsibilities and demands on a Head Coach continue to increase, at least the only way I know how to do the job, and at the same time, my kids continue to grow and have more and more to do, which has lead to me being absent from their lives at an increasing rate.

“Unfortunately, I’m not intelligent enough to work smarter. I just work harder, which has taken more time from my family, and as I grow older, I find myself desperately wanting to rectify this problem, and be a better family man. That means less attention and energy I can give to Los Altos Football. “

At the present moment, I don’t know how to do the job any different than I already do, and it would be an injustice to the hard working kids of Los Altos to continue on as my focus shifts to more to my family.

“So, it is time for me to step away from the Head Coach role, maybe coach some where in a lesser capacity, that I may be a better father and husband, and learn from others how to be a better coach. Maybe learn how to win the big one, which is what this community wants, and the kids and school so rightfully deserve.

“Thank You Los Altos, admin, conqueror crazies, parents, and especially the student-athletes.

“It’s time to Clark Griswold my house.”

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Korranus posted:

Just occurred to me that USF's last two head coaches are now at Oregon.

Don't the Pac 12 know the American is the Big 12's farm league?

You forgot about Skip Holtz. He was in between Leavitt and Taggart

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So drat, yeah Purdue is apparently gonna be spending.

quote:

Purdue: Jeff Brohm’s contract has formally been approved by Purdue trustees and it includes a fixed annual compensation of $3.3 million, including a base university salary of $300,000, and a $3.3 million supplemental stipend.

E: Hazell was making $2.2mil for reference.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 16, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Mike Bobinski making the big moves at Purdue.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I think Jeff Brohm was one of the best hires of the offseason. I'm looking forward to seeing progress in the next 2-3 years.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Wow, they are paying out the nose for him. I mean, it's a great hire, but that's a huge raise to get him to come to Purdue.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sark is Alabama's new OC.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Duckaerobics posted:

Sark is Alabama's new OC.

Is USC the new Bama pipeline

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

Wow, they are paying out the nose for him. I mean, it's a great hire, but that's a huge raise to get him to come to Purdue.

Coaching salaries generally are going up and he'd have been in the running for pretty much every job below the Texas/LSU tier. He has a much better track record going into the job than Hazell did so I would hope they're paying him more.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Fire bob stoops.

but not from a sooner fan for once.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The Alabama Nick Saban Rehabilitation Center for Failed Coaches

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So many Footprints in the Sand posters

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

purdue can't be good, they need to be swapped out for Rutgers in the West division so my poo poo team can keep going to Bowl Games

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Noctone posted:

The Alabama Nick Saban Rehabilitation Center for Failed Coaches
Saban is an evil bastard for selling us Sal Sunseri

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Shut the gently caress up you jersey pile of poo poo. Rutgers sucks, bitch.

No New Jersey is great and Rutgers is great, Pennsylvania is horrible and needs to be exterminated.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Kiffin's staff at FAU will include his brother as DC (D-line coach at Ole Miss), Mike Locksley as OC, and Scott Cochran's assistant S&C coach as S&C coach.

That's uh... really not bad for FAU at all.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kim Jong Il posted:

No New Jersey is great and Rutgers is great, Pennsylvania is horrible and needs to be exterminated.

Seconded. Well maybe not the 'great' part.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I know literally zero things about steve sarkesian other than he coached all of those really good USC quarterbacks so uh yay us I think?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

I know literally zero things about steve sarkesian other than he coached all of those really good USC quarterbacks so uh yay us I think?

I don't know a whole lot more but he did it all while being plastered too, so maybe that's a good sign? Or a bad sign, sometimes artists lose their muse when they get off the hooch.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Scionix posted:

He ran good offenses at USC and Washington. Somehow turned Jake Locker into a first round pick.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I can't wait to leave New Jersey, like everyone who somehow finds themselves in Jersey.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

He ran good offenses at USC and Washington. Somehow turned Jake Locker into a first round pick.

I can't wait to leave New Jersey, like everyone who somehow finds themselves in Jersey.

Jake Locker was basically anointed as a first rounder from the beginning even though he was actually bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was gonna say, he didn't do anything to make Jake Locker a better football player. Locker was a first rounder because he was tall and could run fast

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
When does Jeff fisher head to Tuscaloosa

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

When does Jeff fisher head to Tuscaloosa

So Nick Saban can devour him and sublimate his size and cure the one flaw in his body?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've maintained ever since I started posting here that Jake Locker was not a good QB and hindsight has pretty much assured me on that one

Personally I hope Seven Win Steve can continue his coaching tradition with Alabama

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know a whole lot more but he did it all while being plastered too, so maybe that's a good sign? Or a bad sign, sometimes artists lose their muse when they get off the hooch.

https://twitter.com/LSUFreek/status/809905657839255552

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Alaois posted:

So Nick Saban can devour him and sublimate his size and cure the one flaw in his body?
I didn't realize Saban is listed at 5'6 so maybe only 5'5 :stare:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Todd Orlando isn't flying back to Houston with UH tonight, so expect his contract at Texas to be unveiled tonight or tomorrow.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Korranus posted:

Todd Orlando isn't flying back to Houston with UH tonight, so expect his contract at Texas to be unveiled tonight or tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/810231375685001216

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is he good?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Wrong thread

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

lol Youngstown State

the only constant in our hosed up stupid universe is that Bo Pelini must always lose 4 games

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Korranus posted:

And it's official:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/17/todd-orlando-confirms-hes-the-new-defensive-coordinator-at-texas/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Nope, we're a huge destination for immigrants, and young people who want to get out of whatever shithole they're from and can't afford New York, or 30+ New Yorkers who want to settle down.

• Locked thread