Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

mmkay posted:

On EU site it mentions the discounts as being tied to the account and permanent.

Holy poo poo. :catstare:

Also, sometimes the gun depression of the Swedish TD's isn't enough. Sometimes you have to get creative*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWfMDmM5nM

*This was not one of those times, I just wanted to show off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

good lord that's a sick flip

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So I reached "Festive Atmosphere VII" after one battle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

Yeah they certainly didn't want to gate their lesser players away from this mechanic.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Lesser players still deserve presents :colbert:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Lesser players still deserve presents :colbert:

These ones deserve hangings.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

:siren: E-25 on sale :siren:

WG wants your money.

e: Also Tier 5 Christmas charms have "funny" quotes underneath them
KV-2: "This Matchmaking is so frightful, but this gun is so delightful."
T-59: "All I want for Christmas is you"

srb
Jul 24, 2007
"Removed from the game" sure means a different thing to WG than you would expect.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It's a Christmas miracle.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
they expect the game in NA to die in 2017 so they milk it dry a month a head ;) i only wish

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rorac posted:

Holy poo poo. :catstare:

Note that I meant that you'll be able to cash them in whenever, not sure if you'll be able to use them multiple times.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

On a more positive note, the M4 Revrevrevrev is now a beast of a tank that peaks ridgelines with almost impunity while blasting fools with 400 dmg laser rounds and zipping around at 40kmh.

Your gun mantlet armor can be a serious troll at times.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
got 7 missions from 1 game on the easy 8

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

McGavin posted:

For us, the blood alcohol percentage this award is based on is just how we keep playing, not a function of how much spiked egg nog we drank.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Okay maybe it's just my lizard brain being easily pleased by shiny colourful stuff, but this whole festive decoration thing is actually kinda... fun?

Fun in Tanks? What is this sorcery?! :pwn:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so the tank i slaved my rear end for in clan wars which was hell to get, looks like it will be in the tech tree soon gently caress my life http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/wg-fest/ lok at the german tech tree there

update - i read a bit more in depth check this out "At the same time, the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B resemble the VK 72.01(K) a lot. So, we’ll create a very similar tank and make it Tier X on their branch. If you earned the VK 72.01(K) on Global Map, it will remain a Premium vehicle in your Garage. It will also receive a unique camo and equipment loadout. " so maybe it will still be something special..i hope

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 17, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

so the tank i slaved my rear end for in clan wars which was hell to get, looks like it will be in the tech tree soon gently caress my life http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/wg-fest/ lok at the german tech tree there

update - i read a bit more in depth check this out "At the same time, the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B resemble the VK 72.01(K) a lot. So, we’ll create a very similar tank and make it Tier X on their branch. If you earned the VK 72.01(K) on Global Map, it will remain a Premium vehicle in your Garage. It will also receive a unique camo and equipment loadout. " so maybe it will still be something special..i hope

The Panther II is getting the 8.8/100? Is that the clown 88 from the E-50 with higher pen and lower alpha?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Panther II is getting the 8.8/100? Is that the clown 88 from the E-50 with higher pen and lower alpha?

Yeah. I mean, it's only 29 feet long, six feet longer than an actual Panther.

I see the Tiger's getting a buff again. I assume APCR standard is next.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Turmoilx posted:

sweet, i've wanted a VK 72 because it looks cool but i certainly wasn't going to slave my rear end through clan wars hell for one

look like the Ausf B gets to live too. lol @ anyone who'll play the mauschen

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
cool, panther buffs after I finally got through the panther II and flushed it down my toilet

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

don't worry, it's still gonna be a bad and boring tank

also they're buffing the DB even more. this is hilarious

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Panther 2 was a good and cool tank. Them buffing the DB again almost makes me wanna come back again for hilarious fun times with that great tank

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

primelaw posted:

Panther 2 was a good and cool tank. Them buffing the DB again almost makes me wanna come back again for hilarious fun times with that great tank

don't do it yet wait for them to nerf all the mediums first

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

primelaw posted:

You spend way too long in it with a weak gun and once i unlocked the E-50 i never wanted to play it again

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Do y'all use the 57mm or the 85mm on the KV-1? I've been using the top gun (85mm), but I feel like the 57mm could be pretty sweet. With rammer, vents and BIA, it fires close to 32 RPM and has .31 accuracy while doing nearly 2700 DPM.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

M.C. McMic posted:

Do y'all use the 57mm or the 85mm on the KV-1? I've been using the top gun (85mm), but I feel like the 57mm could be pretty sweet. With rammer, vents and BIA, it fires close to 32 RPM and has .31 accuracy while doing nearly 2700 DPM.

The KV-1 is one of a very very small handful of tanks where you can make an argument for 3 different guns and all of them are more or less viable. the 57 has the best DPM, the 85 is a pretty solid all-rounder, and the 122 just smacks down anything lightly armored, and can punch up fairly well.

Use whichever you prefer, all of them are workable.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Rorac posted:

The KV-1 is one of a very very small handful of tanks where you can make an argument for 3 different guns and all of them are more or less viable. the 57 has the best DPM, the 85 is a pretty solid all-rounder, and the 122 just smacks down anything lightly armored, and can punch up fairly well.

Completely agree. I didn't have any equipment or a good crew on mine so the 85 seemed like the best to me, personally.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nordick posted:

Okay maybe it's just my lizard brain being easily pleased by shiny colourful stuff, but this whole festive decoration thing is actually kinda... fun?

Fun in Tanks? What is this sorcery?! :pwn:

It's nice :) You're not just cranking for numbers, you're seeing stuff on the way.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
That $60 "ALL THE DECORATIONS" box would be a lot more attractive if the 30d and 2500g chances weren't there.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Rorac posted:

I just rolled a couple games with the 57mm, and it was pretty fun. It's like driving a Churchill III with really good accuracy when you're top tier. When you're not top tier, tap 2 and wreck poo poo.

edit: Right now I just have rammer/camo net/binocs. If I earn some credits, I may splurge and buy a GLD and vents for the KV-1.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 17, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
with the E-25 being today's advent calendar tank i'm half expecting the Type 59 to be the one they sell on Christmas

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Mirthless posted:

with the E-25 being today's advent calendar tank

Fuuuuuuck, I just spent money on the Patriot, and I barely play this dumb game. Now I want to buy an E-25.

I'm WG's wet dream.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm hoping for the SU-76I.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

I'm hoping for the SU-76I.

An OP T3 tank is still a T3 tank.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Played the game. Was actually doing reasonably well, if still worse than my overall average, before I decided to get my double done in my 261 and tanked my stats, ended the day with a 50% WR and green stats. I don't know what I was expecting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I just played in a game with 6 e25's. 3 on each side. What have they unleashed

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've never been all that impressed by the E-25 to be honest. sure it's fast and tiny, but 135 alpha just isn't very intimidating

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Prav posted:

i've never been all that impressed by the E-25 to be honest. sure it's fast and tiny, but 135 alpha just isn't very intimidating

i think it's that they shoot really fast and are hard to see. An E-25 can pick apart a whole flank by themselves. The little bee sting damage just makes it easier for them to go unnoticed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The E-25 is a 'hard mode' tank. It's like that old John Lennon quote - "I'm an artist - you give me a tuba, I'll get you something out of it."

Pubbies like it because it moves fast and shoots fast, and they can sit in a bush the entire match and feel like they're ~contributing~ because they're in an OP tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I think it has the best camo when firing in the game. It's laser accurate and has absurd DPM for its tier while also being fast and agile. It doesn't see t9s and between its accuracy and workable APCR pen there aren't many t8s that are safe when fighting it, though it was even better before the IS-3 and IS-6 armour buffs and the M4 49. The solution to OP tanks is power creep, evidently.

Even if you're a complete incompetent can do better than you "should" by sitting in a bush in your own cap and holding down left click on the first enemy to appear. Good players can dominate games that don't have enough heavily armoured t8s to check them.

It's only real flaws are the lack of armour and the low ammo count. Though for armour the mantlet and roof when facehugging can get some odd bounces when the enemy can't overmatch you.