Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I like listening to my podcasts while driving in game, like how i like to do it in real life too. builds immersion :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just finished the hidden dungeon... took me five hours. I'm kind of torn on it because on the one hand, this game's controls are pretty bad for the precise little movements a lot of the platforming requires, and it took me a lot longer to get through some rooms than it should have just because of all the time spent fighting the controls, but on the other hand the rooms are all really cool and well designed.

Also the item you get at at the very end is crazy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nahh i'm gonna pick this up ASAP I just wanna finish Witcher 3 first because i know if i don't do it now i never will (not counting DLC, gonna save that for later) -- maybe can knock it out this week but honestly have no idea how much is left. Just about to sail to Skellige

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

Nahh i'm gonna pick this up ASAP I just wanna finish Witcher 3 first because i know if i don't do it now i never will (not counting DLC, gonna save that for later) -- maybe can knock it out this week but honestly have no idea how much is left. Just about to sail to Skellige

A lot is left Witcher 3 is really loving long

FF15 is really great so far but I wouldnt; play it at the same time as witcher 3 either

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

By the time I was allowed to drive at night, when my first iron giant showed up in a big dramatic bridge showdown, I killed it in 10 seconds. They should have probably gated the side quest stuff a bit better maybe haha.

if you didn't walk around at night in chapter 1 to see what would happen then instantly run into an iron giant who black holed your entire party I dunno what to say

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Lol you have like 15-infinity hours left, depending on how completionist you are.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I haven't touched a single other game since this released and I don't think I will until I get 100%. I'm close, I just need to get to level 99, all recipes, all bounties, all fish, all side quests, I don't know if I'm going to get all ascension things but I may as well try.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Foxhound posted:

Lol you have like 15-infinity hours left, depending on how completionist you are.

lol i'm ok with that . and yeah i'm doing a lot of sidequests... maybe FFXV will have to wait because i know if i start something else i'll fall off witcher 3 and im usually really bad about finishing games

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I feel like I should have played TW3 before FFXV because, while I'm sure it'll be really fun and cool and interesting, it'll kind of suck to go back to running around a giant open world on your lonesome without some other guys following you around chatting and eating and doing cool poses while killing stuff with you.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
At this point just enjoy Witcher 3 and wait for whatever patches/dlc is coming for XV. It's supposed to be pretty significant and free from what I heard. Witcher 3 is well worth your time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

XV is the MGS5 of Final Fantasy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I feel like I should have played TW3 before FFXV because, while I'm sure it'll be really fun and cool and interesting, it'll kind of suck to go back to running around a giant open world on your lonesome without some other guys following you around chatting and eating and doing cool poses while killing stuff with you.

promptovision....

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

XV is the MGS5 of Final Fantasy.

pretty good, but cut short and unloved by a vocal minority?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I haven't touched a single other game since this released and I don't think I will until I get 100%. I'm close, I just need to get to level 99, all recipes, all bounties, all fish, all side quests, I don't know if I'm going to get all ascension things but I may as well try.

I have no idea how you're supposed to even get enough AP to get the 999 point nodes. At most I've had like 250 after saving up a lot.

goferchan posted:

lol i'm ok with that . and yeah i'm doing a lot of sidequests... maybe FFXV will have to wait because i know if i start something else i'll fall off witcher 3 and im usually really bad about finishing games

Hey that's fine. As long as you play a game you enjoy. Try to stay away from spoilers though. The story isn't sensational or anything but spoiling it would be a waste. Also some content patches are coming so waiting a bit might be a solid idea anyway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Here's how to farm ap: smash weak things with warp strikes and always be link striking. I'm constantly getting ap at a steady tick from chocobo and car driving.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just read a post in fyad that makes me think I locked off the open world for the rest of the game lol.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just read a post in fyad that makes me think I locked off the open world for the rest of the game lol.

Did you get on the boat?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Did you get on the boat?

No, but the game keeps telling me I won't be able to come back for a while.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i clicked on this really excitedly because i thought it was like an actual cookbook lol https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5ifi01/every_single_final_fantasy_15_dish_recipes_where/

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

No, but the game keeps telling me I won't be able to come back for a while.

dont worry about it

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
You get locked into the end game for short stretches but there's rarely a point where you can't go back.

Just beat the game last night. Most surprising thing is it doesn't waste time with "final forms" or anything like that. You fight ifrit and then you gently caress up aryn and it's over.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok I caved and bought this, it looks like too much fun. If Witcher 3 takes me another year to beat then so be it

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

The ending to this is really sad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wish you nerd lords would gently caress off to Games with your CIA document posts and hints about the ending.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Sorry I wasn't sure what the spoiler rules were. My bad.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Sorry I wasn't sure what the spoiler rules were. My bad.

Seems like a common sense thing to me, but ok.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

rediscover posted:

Seems like a common sense thing to me, but ok.

Some people are nuts about spoilers so I figured I'd play it safe. It's not a thing I care about, just trying to be courteous.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Some people are nuts about spoilers so I figured I'd play it safe. It's not a thing I care about, just trying to be courteous.

Well, I confused you with the other guy with the same noob avi who didn't use tags at all, so I'm not as mad at you as I am with the other guy who is going to get suplexed by my hit squad fairly soon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's a clip of me pwning a behemoth for my Cup Noodle quest:

https://a.pomf.cat/kquxqw.mp4

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

Well, I confused you with the other guy with the same noob avi who didn't use tags at all, so I'm not as mad at you as I am with the other guy who is going to get suplexed by my hit squad fairly soon.

I'm the guy that does the dragon suplex in the hit squad

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What's a good early place with low level monsters and high encounter density where I can grind AP with warp strike?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just unlocked this quest and I can't wait to play it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My coworkers have been mocking me because I usually just eat a bento or some homemade sandwiches at work, but lately I've been eating Cup Noodles. Did you know that they choose their shrimp from over 60 different varieties for their size and flavour?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
All the food looks super tasty in this game. Wanna work at Sqenix and get to put all those meals they had as "inspiration" on the company card.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The cars just keep driving by when you're fighting a monster?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Yeah, it's weird but I wish they added about 1000 NPCs that stop the action to say "Hey can you help me find my Magma Sword. The Blast Ants took em." like Fallout. Really the only downside to the game imho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

theres no friggin way i would be slowing down anywhere near a behemoth