Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Women like sex a lot but you are seriously underrating how generally deranged the average male mind is. Louis CK was absolutely right when he said "You GET to have these thoughts, we HAVE to have these thoughts."
This is a stereotype, though, not an ironclad :biotruths: law of nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh drat I would never believe news media would print unverified stories before now

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

But they all printed it as "a redditor posts about finding out their boyfriend is their brother", which is completely accurate. A redditor did post that, and it was interesting in a freak show sort of way but not worth verifying any further.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The lesson is that if your reddit creative writing is any good, the Daily Mail is going to steal it and skullfuck all the money out of it.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

My only problem is that this person did this hoax on a subreddit for and populated by women. Too bad it wasn't in relationships or something.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I feel like looking at pretty much any dating site's metrics will tell you which gender is more thirsty.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

54 40 or gently caress posted:

My only problem is that this person did this hoax on a subreddit for and populated by women. Too bad it wasn't in relationships or something.

Yeah, combined with the fact that their later comments in that topic are just them saying how they're not going to pursue any action in getting the articles they list corrected or taken down or anything. It makes them look really lovely.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Haha, I love that first article linked. "The author admitted that the original post was a hoax" as a tiny note and hoax edited into the title. Yes, a post on an internet forum was an elaborate and impenetrable ruse that honest journalists could not have possibly seen through. Shame on this woman, if that is truly what "she" is. Well, and if that post is accurate, Cosmo scrubbed the article of the author's claims of contacting OP, etc.

Business as usual. :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ranbo das posted:

I feel like looking at pretty much any dating site's metrics will tell you which gender is more thirsty.

Except women still have more to be afraid of when they engage in that kind of stuff (meeting randos).

Also, masturbating is sort of cool when you're a woman because the toys don't look nearly as creepy, a bunch of them look classy as hell.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Except women still have more to be afraid of when they engage in that kind of stuff (meeting randos).

Also, masturbating is sort of cool when you're a woman because the toys don't look nearly as creepy, a bunch of them look classy as hell.

You obviously haven't seen my whalebone and velvet combination pipe rack/pocket pussy.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pick posted:

what is it like being unable to post about how lovely men are for even a day lol

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Ranma Fan Art posted:

what is it like being unable to post about how lovely men are for even a day lol

Maybe if the conversation weren't so easily supplied with new and existing reasons :boom:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, combined with the fact that their later comments in that topic are just them saying how they're not going to pursue any action in getting the articles they list corrected or taken down or anything. It makes them look really lovely.

I don't think the OP is under any obligation to spend time trying to help tabloids salvage their nonexistent credibility on a story she never asked them to publish. That's just unpaid labor.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Maybe if the conversation weren't so easily supplied with new and existing reasons :boom:

yeah a comment about dating site metrics is definitely the time to mention how scary men all are :ohdear:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

You obviously haven't seen my whalebone and velvet combination pipe rack/pocket pussy.

btw thanks for posting your pic earlier, it probably is relevant information in this here thread, but i don't think we're going to get the complicated vetting system we need to gauge the lens by which each poster's posts should be interpreted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

yeah a comment about dating site metrics is definitely the time to mention how scary men all are :ohdear:

It is directly relevant dicknuts, men are more willing to use a service that means meeting potentially shady randos than women, regardless of sex hunger.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

underage at the vape shop posted:

Idk dude taking a dick to your vagina is pretty solidly feminine...

Buck Angel takes dick in his vagina like a man tho.

Also fun fact I learned while googling Buck Angel again: Buck Angel was married to a dominatrix who divorced him to be with Lana Wachowski aka of the Matrix sisters.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 17, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Charles Get-Out posted:

Buck Angel takes dick in his vagina like a man tho.

Also fun fact I learned while googling Buck Angel again: Buck Angel was married to a dominatrix who divorced him to be with Lana Wachowski aka trans half of the Matrix siblings.

Aren't both of the Wachowskis trans?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pick posted:

Yes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Clark Nova posted:

I don't think the OP is under any obligation to spend time trying to help tabloids salvage their nonexistent credibility on a story she never asked them to publish. That's just unpaid labor.

No but if you're going to go "AHA, GOTCHA!" you should probably act like you care rather than just shrugging and walking away from it. Except when you come back to bask in the attention of people who call you an rear end in a top hat. But I guess I'm just being silly, trusting someone actually believes what they say.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pick posted:

Oh poo poo, my information is way out of date then. Good save.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pick posted:

It is directly relevant dicknuts, men are more willing to use a service that means meeting potentially shady randos than women, regardless of sex hunger.

please do not use gendered insults thank you

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Pick posted:

So you're saying women largely aren't thristy enough to take the risk? :smuggo:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Nuebot posted:

No but if you're going to go "AHA, GOTCHA!" you should probably act like you care rather than just shrugging and walking away from it. Except when you come back to bask in the attention of people who call you an rear end in a top hat. But I guess I'm just being silly, trusting someone actually believes what they say.

I'd have at least expected a Vice article out of it, honestly

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

here we go again

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
THOSE DARN FEMALES!!!!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [28M] gf [29F] gets frustrated or annoyed with me when I "say stupid things" or "ask stupid questions". I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her and have to carefully pick my words.

Dating for a bit over a year now. This is something that hasn't come up since early in our relationship (which actually puts the timing around last holiday season), but Sam has been under a lot of work stress lately and it seems like every little thing is setting her off in some way.

Yesterday she worked 13 hours on her feet. When we were settling down that evening I made the fatal flaw of speaking before carefully hand crafting my question to avoid confrontation and asked her, "Hey, how was it? Did you have a long day?" She was instantly angry at me for asking such a stupid question and no poo poo her day was long.

What I meant was "How was your day?"--I just wanted to hear how her day was and give her the opportunity to talk about it if she wanted to. What it turned into was her berating me for asking her in a stupid way--"If you're going to talk to me, you should think before you talk."

She's been acting like this since her hours started ramping up for the holidays, and it's putting me on edge. We've only have an hour or so with each other before she has to turn in for bed, and sometimes I feel like that hour is like navigating a maze. I've been brushing off her frustration up until now, but it's suddenly starting to get to me. I've been getting up at 4:30am to make breakfast for her, making dinner so it's ready when she gets home, and trying to be very supportive. I should be treated better than this.

How can I explain that her behavior isn't ok without her getting defensive and saying "I need to think before talking to her". In her mind, this is my problem and her getting angry is my fault.

tl;dr: My girlfriend has been on edge with work. She's been taking that stress home in the form of being snappy at little things I say. I'm walking on eggshells with her and her response when I brought it up was "I need to think before I speak". I'm really trying to be supportive during her crazy holiday schedule, but her jerkiness is countermining my want to support her. I'm starting to want to get away from her.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Usually this gets better as long as you read the other person perfectly and don't make any mistakes, you worthless idiot.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sorry your GF is a bitch

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

zakharov posted:

THOSE DARN FEMALES!!!!

This but unironically. Must.White.Knight..

Gaunab posted:

My [28M] gf [29F] gets frustrated or annoyed with me when I "say stupid things" or "ask stupid questions". I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her and have to carefully pick my words.

Try not talking work during stress season.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Incoherence posted:

This is a stereotype, though, not an ironclad :biotruths: law of nature.

I actually went looking for evidence and got lazy but what I read from somewhat reputable sources is that it's sort of true, but way less true than the stereotype.

Also men are much more likely to develop weird fixations on feet and body parts.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Ranma Fan Art posted:

maybe men should try and not be lovely every single moment of every day then

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Troposphere posted:

No, it's pretty sweet, it makes me look like an awesome dating prospect just by being a reasonable human being.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Troposphere posted:

Everyone is lovely every single moment of every day so I don't know why some of the women that post here have to turn things into an anti-man rant dozens and dozens of times, over and over and over.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Troposphere posted:

no deal

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Everyone is lovely every single moment of every day so I don't know why some of the women that post here have to turn things into an anti-man rant dozens and dozens of times, over and over and over.

For the same reason people have to try and call them out on it every time. :spergin:

quote:

My [26F] Housemate [30F] is essentially taking the living room hostage with her sickness. Help!

I live in a share house with 5 other people. One of them, Amy, is really sick and is coughing up a storm. She was sent home from work yesterday because her coworkers didn't want to get sick but she is still working from home.

The problem; yesterday I was working from home on the dining table in the living room, Amy get's in around 12:30, tells me she needs to work from home and can't work from her room because its too small(?). I'm not exactly sure (english isn't her first language). Anyway, she needs to also work in the living room to work. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, I am fine working with other people around as long as they are quiet, except Amy sounds like she has whooping cough AND I don't want to get sick with Christmas vacation just around the corner, so I was the one who had to leave, even though I was working there first.

Now I get that it sucks to be sick, but I think it's super inconsiderate to infect a room meant for 6 people. She's working there today as well and since it's the dining table, nobody can sit there to eat while she's working or after without busting out the clorox wipes. No one wants to sit on the couch and watch TV or relax because she has taken over the room.

There's not much I can do besides wash my hands more often, I can't really police her an makes sure she does the same and uses tissues and be all around more conscientious of things like door handles and light switches. I really think she should quarantine herself in her room until she is better, am I being unreasonable? Do I say something or just wait it out? I don't think it's fair that I have to stay in my room (and the other 4 housemates) to avoid getting sick while she has free roam of the house.
EDIT: We all have a desk and a chair in our rooms, the living room is just more spacious.

tl;dr: My housemate is taking the house hostage with flu. Is there anything I can do about this without causing unnecessary drama?
gently caress you sick-o's stay in your room and hide your virulent shame!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Troposphere posted:

okay so it can get more hyperbolic than pick wow

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
#notallmen

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

quote:

My family doesn't think that my girlfriend's [28F] daughter [2F] is actually hers

Im 32, girlfriend's 28, we've known each other for more than 10 years and I've previously been in a relationship with her. That was when she was 20 and I was 24. We dated for two years but then broke up.

She then married another guy when she was 25. They had a child together, but since she was underweight at the time and could not get pregnant, they underwent in vitro fertilization and had a surrogate mother carry the child (but the child is not genetically related to the surrogate).

Sadly, her husband passed away when their baby daughter was one month old. This was around two/three years ago.

My girlfriend and I rekindled our relationship this year, and she's been very upfront about everything. I've met her daughter, who is absolutely adorable, and it doesn't bother me in the least that she has a child.

It bothers my family, however. Namely, my mother. Once I told her that my girlfriend has a child with her previous husband, she immediately was suspicious. She grew even more suspicious upon seeing a picture of my girlfriend and her daughter together.

My girlfriend is half-Chinese and her daughter is technically a quarter Chinese, but you can barely tell. Her daughter has light blonde hair, almost white, and sky blue eyes. My mother thinks that my girlfriend is lying to me about her daughter and that she's bringing up her dead husband's lovechild. Of course, the fact that they used a surrogate and there's no pictures of my GF being pregnant further solidified my mother's theory.

I ve been trying to explain to my mother that my GF's husband was blonde and that since my GF was half-white as well its not THAT surprising that their kid turned out to be blonde and blue eyed, but she's still concerned. She's even managed to convince my older sister. Now they're both telling me to break up with her, that she's lying to me about the kid and for me not to be "entrapped" by her.

I haven't told any of this to my GF yet because I dont want it to upset her. But my mother and sister (and even my father now) have started doubting the parentage of my GF's daughter. I don't know what to do, because no amount of explanation seems to satisfy them.

I trust my GF 100%, but they don't. It's becoming a big problem because I plan on marrying her and I don't want to do it to the disapproval of my family. I'm 32, have a stable job, and on top of that I'm really in love with my girlfriend. She is the only woman I've ever been in love with. So I'm seriously considering proposing to her after a year or so, but I don't want there to be any animosity and distrust between her and my family.

So, I'm stuck here. How should I convince my parents and family that my girlfriend is NOT lying about her daughter?

TL;DR: My girlfriend has a 2 year old daughter with her husband (passed away). My mother has managed to convince most of my family that my GF is lying about the fact that its actually her daughter. She cites the fact that my girlfriend is half-Asian and that her daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes as evidence. They're all ganging up on her and I don't know how to convince them that my GF is not lying.

jeeze, even if it were true they're mad at her for essentially selflessly looking after a child that she loves. What a bunch of dingdongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skratte posted:

jeeze, even if it were true they're mad at her for essentially selflessly looking after a child that she loves. What a bunch of dingdongs.

Even if this conspiracy were true I can't figure out why it would matter.