Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Cry Havoc posted:

is everyone tm grinding or running the maze

maze is nice but got so many tms to grind.....

Gonna run the maze till it goes away. It seems to only come once a quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

Staying in the maze myself until Chiz is 100. The XP to NRG is just so nice.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

Running my TM grind team on the maze :shepface:

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Pulled the Fresh Prince from a ticket. I don't have any TMs so he's probably going to be one of the crappier Noctis's you'll see.

Anyway, I have 21 free friend slots open, so if you want a lvl 87 6* Noctis, then add me if you like.

ID 900 240 341

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't even have Mercedes maxed out yet and she already seems pretty dang good. With her TM though, seems like she'd be a monster.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I know this is only the first day of this banner, but I hate you alllllll.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It took me 75 pulls to get my first cheeze. :argh:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Enjoy your Barrages, friend

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This. 1000% this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Chains get their damage bonus which lets them go over the cap. My 7 meteor chain ends up doing 1598 damage on the last hit due to the 60% damage bonus, for example.

chains are actually why i rarely use meteor, its so much harder to chain than it is to throw out a kefka/exdeath/tellah/lmao cod??/cecil team of just tossing thunder around and finishing a fight in about a half a second

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you have a lightning you're not allowed to complain about other peoples pulls, just sayin

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

rabidsquid posted:

if you have a lightning you're not allowed to complain about other peoples pulls, just sayin

What if I have a Lightning and a Luneth?
:colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You know, I wouldn't be SO mad about all the Noctis pulls if I had ANY base 5* character. Even Delita or Dark Knight Cecil I could say, "well I may not have gotten the best one but I have A 5* base guy". and no maxwell doesn't count

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You know, I wouldn't be SO mad about all the Noctis pulls if I had ANY base 5* character. Even Delita or Dark Knight Cecil I could say, "well I may not have gotten the best one but I have A 5* base guy". and no maxwell doesn't count

Yeah. I mean, I might be envious of the people who pulled The Nerfed Prince, it's tempered by the Elza I pulled before. I can't complain, Elza is great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm now in the proud Two 5* Base Characters Club, even if Delita is not a Luneth/Lightning/Ramza/Noctis. He's a cooler character tho.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Pulled a cheezwhiz on my daily then blew ~25 tickets to get two more chorizos and a Refia! Went from 0 to 3 Chiz just like that.

Really wanted Refia since I have Buttz but it's still painful to shelve the Lenna I ground forever to get lvl 10 LB. I think at this point my next goal is to shovel all my hp/spr/def pots into Refia and use my 4-5 moogles to finish dual cast.

Still no base 5 unit but with such a nice spread of 6* capable units, it doesn't seem so bad. Maybe one day I'll even get a Zidane!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have a few base 5*'s but they're not the ones I want, can I still complain?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Noctis is my first base 5*, as in character that begins at 5*. Yeah I wanna see you complain.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
11 draw

5*......Mustadio
Rest is 4* Terra, 3* Hayate, and misc.

Ticket Draws
3* Clyne
3* Luna
3* Charlotte
3* Clyne
3* Exdeath
3* Exdeath
3* Raka..sha... Im just gonna call her Rakakhan
4* Edge
4* Refia
3* Cyan
3*Charlotte
4* Roselia
3* Charlotte
3* Zidane

I think That makes my total to 9 Exdeaths overall. But I pulled Monkey Boy so Ima call it while im ahead and still keep my decent amount of tickets

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Shoenin posted:

3* Raka..sha... Im just gonna call her Rakakhan

Her real name is Female Bedile.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
fedile

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ima just pretend she almost kills midgets a la rakha khan and kinda laugh about it.

She's at least got nice legs so dont wana totally insult by calling her female bedile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

Noctis is my first base 5*, as in character that begins at 5*. Yeah I wanna see you complain.

I have Ramza and Dark Cecil :negative: but dark knight cecil just isn't good enough to carry my team since I don't have any physical TMs in the works. It's all wizards all the way down for me.

At least my TM team is up to 30% now. Almost, almost halfway there!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some new Exvius FB thing where if you share the Noctis event announcement you can get 100 Lapis and a summon ticket.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KDdidit posted:

Some new Exvius FB thing where if you share the Noctis event announcement you can get 100 Lapis and a summon ticket.

It's based on how many likes and shares it gets. It was listed at like 3k last time I checked for the rewards, and the likes and shares were up to 7k. So unless they add in more rewards we've already got everything.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

We all know that Lightning and Luneth are scrub-tier in the ALMIGHTY JAPANESE META RANKINGS. :colbert:

KDdidit posted:

Unless the ticket is a guaranteed Noctis, I couldn't care less.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Well I am dumb and did an 11 pull plus 1. I forget the name of some of the BE garbage characters.

Mercedes 4 star
Dark knight brave Exvius trash character
Zidane (!)
Gilbert
Medius
Rydia
charlotte
Red mage brave EXVIUS trash character
Charlotte
Ninja brave Exvius trash character
Charlotte.

And for my plus 1 pull...Charlotte.

Charlotte is this week's fang for me. Anyway, I am psyched I got Zidane. I did the pull hoping for Noctis though. I have no idea if Mercedes is good or not and now I have 5 charlottes.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Now that the ffxiii event is coming to a close, are there any must haves from Mog? I bought half the gigantaurs, the cheap quartz, cheap tickets, and the 30k moogle.

I do have fang, vanille, and Sazh but I don't think any of them are good enough to justify exclusive weapons/materia. I got about 15k left and trying to plan it out to see if I need to do any runs today or keep running maze forever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

buy all of the gigantaurs they're outrageously good value for the cost

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
So should I party up Zidane to raise his trust? I had one trust moogle but I just have no idea how I will raise his trust enough to actually get the reward - I didn't have any units I really cared so much about getting the reward from but I want this trust reward to put in Elza in a bad way.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Pretty much your options are to bot and save moogles. Casual play will increase TM a few percent over time but nothing noticeable.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
get the trust moogles from the monthly login rewards, arena awards, and king mog events

you should be able to max trust out in a couple months

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I got a 5* Artemios in my 11 pull but it also had 2 chiz and Merce so I can't complain (too) much.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Got my Exdeath up to 6* and a bunch of levels in, Meteor owns.

It almost makes up for the fact that i would have SWORN i had a Vanille kicking around somewhere, and bought her staff with my last 5500 trachea gears.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After getting 2 Lightning last week I only bothered using 5 tix because it won't get better than that.

1/2 price Kefka
Gold Bedile'd
Charlotte
Maria
Edgar
Mercedes

Would like a Chorizo as have wanted her since launch, but with 2x Lightning, Draculaswell, and Butz (and now Mercedes to level) I'm not hurting for 6* melee. If I get her from a daily, cool.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Son of a bitch. 50 summons and the only unit of note I got from the whole loving lot was a second chiz. Not a single solitary rainbow in what's probably now my last 100 plus pulls. I'm seriously so jealous of all you people that seem to land almost every 5 star banner guy, esp if you've got a lightning and Luneth or noctus. I just want one of those dagnabit. Oh well once I get about five more trust moogles I'll finally have a dual wield I can pop on her or cod. I really wish my dumb babby computer would run that tm grind program but I guess some things are just not meant to be.

On the plus side I did manage to max out my 6 star chiz. Since I don't have any crazy tms she's pretty basic compared to everyone else's stuff, coming in at like 455 Atk. I'm guessing people would still prefer my 450 something exdeath since he has dual cast but if anyone wants to try her out and see what she can do I think I'll put her up there for the next few days

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Son of a bitch. 50 summons and the only unit of note I got from the whole loving lot was a second chiz. Not a single solitary rainbow in what's probably now my last 100 plus pulls. I'm seriously so jealous of all you people that seem to land almost every 5 star banner guy, esp if you've got a lightning and Luneth or noctus. I just want one of those dagnabit. Oh well once I get about five more trust moogles I'll finally have a dual wield I can pop on her or cod. I really wish my dumb babby computer would run that tm grind program but I guess some things are just not meant to be.

On the plus side I did manage to max out my 6 star chiz. Since I don't have any crazy tms she's pretty basic compared to everyone else's stuff, coming in at like 455 Atk. I'm guessing people would still prefer my 450 something exdeath since he has dual cast but if anyone wants to try her out and see what she can do I think I'll put her up there for the next few days

I am at well over 200 pulls, probably close to 300 and my only base 5* unit is Dracu Lasswell. I'm still hoping all my luck is just piling up for Orlandu and I'll draw 5 in a row.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
After a string of over 90 pulls between Lightning's banner and pulling Elza, i don't expect rainbows anymore and go into banners chasing 4 stars I want (you're next Rikku) with the possibility of failing upwards.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
I'm going to refrain from chasing Noctis. It scares me that Gumi hasn't clarified if they will buff GL's Noctis to JP levels in the future, and I've already pulled Elza, Luneth, and Gilgamesh so Noctis will probably only be used in the arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I just used somebody's maxed out Noctis and I'm really impressed at their skill set and damage output. I think he's better than Lightning.

• Locked thread