Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArcaneLayne posted:

I know ZenMaster said he's on it as well, but I went ahead and backed up the stream as well: https://mega.nz/#!7ZMERIKJ!CFaMnWemVXvclMEFm8RN49Pr36tj9M3wGhjHpax9vpA
Sorry for the flash-video (.flv) format, turns out that's the default in OBS Studio.

thnx commmando o9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Raskolnikov posted:

:psyduck:

I didn't last that long for the stream, what was the reason for that? Is there any?
That's the teams getting pumped for an online race.
The UK team broke a monitor.
The US team filmed a cross between the first half of Full Metal Jacket and Karate Kid.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Daztek posted:

Only 186k yesterday

:rip:

This is the ele. Ortwin pullin out

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

You can't rush greatness.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7361850/#Comment_7361850

"If you are waiting for magical programming to happen, you'll be waiting a long while. CIG is trying their best and working hard to get things done. I read your post obviously, but I don't think you understand the scope of the development if you believe closing your wallet crack the whip on them.. Patches will get released as they get released. There really are some things you just cant totally rush."

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Ya'll are a bunch of babies plain and simple. You didn't have to donate to the game, you could just wait yet here you all are crying bc your pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha isn't going on the way you all want it to. Grow up, develop some patience and realize the dev team does not cater to your crying whim's. Personally I loved the holiday stream just to see the Dev's have some fun with it, they answered questions relevant to the game's current state and where it will go next with 2.6-3.0 - but guess what... That is all test states of the game, it could all change! Personally I hope they say gently caress it and start all over so I can hear you all cry more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5irlms/dear_cig_when_your_community_comes_away_from_the/dbawd2d/

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Risc1911 posted:

Angry Wife threatening to cut StarCitizen Streamer WiFi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nDvenum1g

:gary:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
A reminder for any data spergs, and anyone wanting to compare the new possible funding dive to past performance.

I think a goonrathi autist still obsesses over the daily funding, this is the continuation v2 of the old goonrathi spreadsheet and has obsessively compiled everything you could want to know about the funding tracker.

I'd recommend saving offline copies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
Ok just finished watching the stream and erris without a bowtie for the 1st time possibly ever. Congrats on CIG confirming to everyone who has ever said this was a scam is correct.

Wheres MoMA? common dude tell us your thoughts on the event.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I think an engine change is the only trick they have left to play, it might buy another year or two.

It obviously wouldn't make any difference in the end but might keep the final spark of flaming incompetence alight for longer. Assuming Citizens keep paying, you've got to keep spending guys, do your bit.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would like to thank everyone here. If it weren't for you guys I might be one of them.

Frankly, I don't think you could ever be so broken, but, no worries. We got your back, bro.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

Sorry I've got to ask, is this real?

Is there plan to say that its delayed because of legal action from Electronic Acc-.. Arts?

More importantly whats with all these 100ms+ pings. This is thier stream, on thier local machines how is that possible?

They are so incompetent that they do not have a LAN build. They are playing regular 2.6 so they have to connect to their cloud server

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

stingtwo posted:

Wheres MoMA? common dude tell us your thoughts on the event.

Why do people keep asking this? MoMA *is* Toast. And he had a crappy day.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Holy loving lol yesterday actually happened

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BeefThief posted:

goons were right

We aren't right all that often, but, when we are...

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Daztek posted:

this is amazing

Indeed. Especially the fact that the youtube channel people use the mission 1 music from Quake 2 as their theme song, that track owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6yBTYxLko

gently caress I want to play some quake 2 multiplayer now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's no doubt that CIG will make it to the end of 2017, at the least. 2.6 and 3.0 will be more than enough to push them through, and if need be, will give me the time necessary to offload ships (if it comes to that). I'm honestly not worried.

ManofManyAliases posted:

My sources are better than Smart's sources.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not attempting to control any narrative. Please feel free to believe what you want. But, keep an open mind. Agent has provided no evidence that he knows anything more than what has been discussed regarding CitCon (or any other matter tbh). Same goes for Derek.

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6 is coming this year.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Alright. Thread's moving too slow today; let's speed things up

I did a thing:

and

:gary:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Everyone that still has money in SC is definitely on the spectrum

Well, pretty sure I am on the Spectrum, and I have zero money in SC/S42. OTOH, I did pick up another year of LastPass Premium and Dead By Daylight, with the 80's Suitcase DLC. (It is pretty cool and fun if you are a horror fan.)

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Daztek posted:

Only 186k yesterday

:rip:

ah - so they are not beating last year's record after all... who would have thought - pity.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/LiAGQwF.gifv

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
moma how'd you celebrate your big day

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
So 2.6 PTU is a subscribers privilege now LOL.
Didn't some predict this here?

All is fine.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

The UK workers will never know about the 20Kcoffeemachine.jpg :ssh:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Apologists inbound :derp:

They don't make them like they used to, do they?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also

Star Citizen - Man, props to them and theyre hard work!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How many of the people left at CIG are just keeping their head down, while working on their tell all book.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

So 2.6 PTU is a subscribers privilege now LOL.
Didn't some predict this here?

All is fine.

This guy right here. But we were almost wrong. The original plan was to release nothing according to the newsletter right before the stream.

But so many people announced they were unsubscribing they cut out the PU and released what was left to subscribers.

Also apparently you have to restart the entire game in between every match? Fuckin lol.

Also the citizens are not happy about being mislead about the SQ42 demo that was axed. They axed it permanently immediately after Citcon according to the newsletter but they still made that fuckin Making of Documentary. loving Why.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
MoMA I'm genuinely sorry that our mocking of Star Citizen made you spite buy $4,000 in pictures of spaceships you wouldn't even need if they actually existed.

I think if you refund right now you can do it. I don't think your 7+ month from now grey market graceful-but-still-profitable-and-noble-exit from the project is a sure bet anymore.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

This guy right here. But we were almost wrong. The original plan was to release nothing according to the newsletter right before the stream.

But so many people announced they were unsubscribing they cut out the PU and released what was left to subscribers.

Also apparently you have to restart the entire game in between every match? Fuckin lol.

Also the citizens are not happy about being mislead about the SQ42 demo that was axed. They axed it permanently immediately after Citcon according to the newsletter but they still made that fuckin Making of Documentary. loving Why.

I know lol, no money grab loving lol.
I wonder how many CIG employees won't be home for Christmas trying to fix SC.

This whole event yesterday was so surreal.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

MoMA I'm genuinely sorry that our mocking of Star Citizen made you spite buy $4,000 in pictures of spaceships you wouldn't even need if they actually existed.

I think if you refund right now you can do it. I don't think your 7+ month from now grey market graceful-but-still-profitable-and-noble-exit from the project is a sure bet anymore.

MOMA is probably locked up because of a random killing spree.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

I know lol, no money grab loving lol.
I wonder how many CIG employees won't be home for Christmas trying to fix SC.

This whole event yesterday was so surreal.

They are supposed to be closed until next year but apparently they're working now? Insane.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

HKS posted:

Remember when they sold a $2000 ship that can carry 70 players and each will play a separate role and this was all part of a massive MMO and people said yup that's possible?

And then someone was like but I don't have 70 friends? and they said well you can fill it with 69 completely autonomous NPCs that will behave exactly like humans to a degree where you cannot even tell, and people said yup that sounds good?

Some of the smarter people asked 'hey man how is that possible?' and the answer was 'it's Chris Roberts!'.

I remember, just lol man.

Remember how on yesterday's stream Chris explained "progression" where you would want to start without a ship, move to smaller ships, to larger ones, etc. as if they hadn't been selling ships for 4 years for cash undermining the entire retarded speil he just gave?

Also I like how longhair dude can describe Chris's vision better than he himself can and also how you can see Chris's eyes look away when he would use terms Chris didn't know the meaning of.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 17, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

MOMA is probably locked up because of a random killing spree.

Hes actually too busy cyberbullying that GDP guy on RSI saying hes mentally ill or some poo poo because hes calling the situation what it is.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Hes actually too busy cyberbullying that GDP guy on RSI saying hes mentally ill or some poo poo because hes calling the situation what it is.

For me the best part was the Erris meltdown.
Coincidentally after they split from the INN.

That and the thing Sandi said " who put that crap in there "

loving lol. Best Christmas ever.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
All these apologists for CIG's ship sales and how they need them to raise money...

Do you think it'll ever occur to them that if CIG just concentrated all their efforts on making the game, that might generate more income?

I can sympathise with CIG to a certain extent. I know when I'm making a game, I always make all the graphics first (and I'm no artist) because using placeholder art takes me out of my "game" and I never finish it.

Oh Jesus, I've just realised... I'm Chris Roberts.

:suicide:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

GazChap posted:

All these apologists for CIG's ship sales and how they need them to raise money...

Do you think it'll ever occur to them that if CIG just concentrated all their efforts on making the game, that might generate more income?

I can sympathise with CIG to a certain extent. I know when I'm making a game, I always make all the graphics first (and I'm no artist) because using placeholder art takes me out of my "game" and I never finish it.

Oh Jesus, I've just realised... I'm Chris Roberts.

:suicide:

So do I make the cheque for 1000 dollars for your game out as a pledge or a donation?!?!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

AP posted:

I think an engine change is the only trick they have left to play, it might buy another year or two.

It obviously wouldn't make any difference in the end but might keep the final spark of flaming incompetence alight for longer. Assuming Citizens keep paying, you've got to keep spending guys, do your bit.

- Engine change
- Consoles Release
- VR support

All of the above are possible "cards" to play, all of them will set them back and it will be impossible to recover, considering that they will all cause a backlash from their community. But I mean this is the SC community so who knows how they will spin it to justify looking at their jpgs.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Apologists inbound :derp:

They don't make them like they used to, do they?

Star Citizen: Like some cooking Chefs who managed to build a spaceship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Star Citizen: Who put that crap in there?

EDIT: Catte tax

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Dec 17, 2016