Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I hope the Lazarus pits rejuvenate Matt; my only sadness is suspending Unleashed, but it's a small price to pay for more Matt in the long run. I'm also in favor of subbing in Paige, she's a professional funny lady, likes video games, and throws a Herculean amount of shade on Pat. Though I also understand if not; it might be weird for Pat/Paige as a couple to have basically zero time apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Wordnumber posted:

Considering that Matt said the format changes were to provide more variety of content, I highly doubt they are going to move over to 10-minute videos and make every lp have the length of 7 lps. What's more likely is something like a stricter streaming schedule or more videos of them watching bad anime movies from the 80's.

I am all for more of this. They need to watch MD Geist or 8-Man: After or something.

And the 10-minute video thing was purely speculation based on someone else's speculation, but I know it's a popular thing to do and didn't know how ~THE ALGORITHM~ was effecting things.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Without Matt there to dock his pay, nothing remains to keep Liam in check, prepare for 16 consecutive LPs of Nep Nep

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The real reason Matt is taking a break is because he called his in-laws Spagos and now he has to disappear for a while.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Matt's my favorite of the crew (though woolie and I apparently have the same taste in everything) so it's sad to see that he's getting a little burnt out.They really do put out a ton of content and I can understand why a break would be needed. Hope he's not gone for months.

Least I know it likely won't be permanent.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 16, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They really need to hire an editor like years ago. They're like the only huge subscriber base that still does their own videos at this point, which is nuts when you count up how many hours you lose and how they're still manually uploading videos.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, as easy as the LP Editing Process is, it's still something that eats into your time because of sync issues, rendering and uploading times. If they can afford to hire outside help it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
With the office they can hire an editor to work in a dark, dank room editing things together while they fart around in the main room to make content.

This break would be perfect if Friday Night Fisticuffs is killed forever and swapped for Best Friends Brawl and the occasional Saturday Morning Scrublords.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Feel like the SH3 finale really screams burnout

There's a point in that video where he's frustrated and just not doing anything

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, I was really surprised at how seemingly confused he was getting. I wanted to point out some cool stuff he's been missing in the last area but I figured other people were already doing it and I shouldn't pile on. Glad I refrained.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Him actually caring about the game and not going into Podcast mode eliminates my complaints about the LP, the last few episodes have been really good.
Yeah, between this and Duckbill Mole they've been doing well, and I can't blame them for the absolute chore that was the desert area/Botos. I can't see much going wrong unless Woolie decides to take on Ninetails somehow.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Get well soon, Matt

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah I hope matt gets well, when I met him he really seemed fundamentally tired and out of it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
While it sucks that he's burnt out on this, it's good that he recognized he was getting burnt out or stressed out and decided to take a break before it reached the point where he would've wanted to stop entirely. Just hope he's able to feel better in due time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We should send him tons of presents and get well cards.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

Feel like the SH3 finale really screams burnout

There's a point in that video where he's frustrated and just not doing anything

To be fair, the moment where you choose what to do with Claudia was also Pat being irritatingly vague and not warning him something was coming up. It was literally "OK, now what?" "You have 10 seconds." "...TO DO WHAT?!"

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It's sad to see Matt go on a break, but yeah it really does feel like he needs it. Like in a few videos here and there he has seemed a bit off or swings downward on his mood until something funny happens and he gets back in it. Not including how Omikron actually killed them of course.

I hope this means we'll get another out of nowhere game from Pat and Liam, the most criminally underused of the best friend duos.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i can't believe pats drug addiction drove matt into a deep depression, and that liam is leaving the channel

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Overlord K posted:

I hope this means we'll get another out of nowhere game from Pat and Liam, the most criminally underused of the best friend duos.

I'm having trouble remembering anything they have even done together as a duo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TaurusOxford posted:

Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TaurusOxford posted:

MGS5

Grouchio posted:

We should send him tons of presents and get well cards.

Knowing this fanbase, this could easily spiral into a second mailbag and exacerbate the problem.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TaurusOxford posted:

Nier

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HoboTech posted:

Also wondering what the "format changes" are going to be (please don't let them go to 10-minute videos like some other LPers do). I know YouTube keeps loving with their algorithm.

He's been saying for ages that he wants to do more scripted/performative stuff but lack of time and occasional inertia from the other guys keeps it from happening all that often.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden

Which was awesome.

But as a counterpoint I'll offer: Super Mario RPG. :gonk:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Dexie posted:

Super Mario RPG.

It wasn't a bad LP, just forgettable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It took them like eight episodes to discover the run button!

They were lost in Geno's maze for like, two hours!

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Idunno, I enjoyed it, but I never seem to have the same qualms other people do with the 'bad' LPs, so I guess I'm not representative of the average viewer.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

It took them like eight episodes to discover the run button!

They were lost in Geno's maze for like, two hours!

The run button was hilarious, and was all worth it for the moment they found it.

Geno's maze wasn't the best, but overall I thought Super Mario RPG was a good ride.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
First off, Matt is my favourite. I'm glad he's taking this time before he gets too frazzled. Seems like he's having a rough go, I hope he can come back even stronger than ever in 2017!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He's been saying for ages that he wants to do more scripted/performative stuff but lack of time and occasional inertia from the other guys keeps it from happening all that often.

When Marvel vs Capcom Infinite got revealed, I saw a lot of gifs of Woolie with "When's Mahvel" signs, so I rewatched their Injustice Machinima video. It had a lot of great creative gags. I've also gone back to rewatch the SFxT new systems video ("Sacrifice your partner for more time on the clock") and yeah, that stuff is really great and I hope they figure out a way to do more. Woolie with the "When's Mahvel" sign outside the window, specifically, is a thing that got legit internet famous that they wrote, and that's gotta feel great. Not to mention all the cartoon edits that TheSw1tcher was known for before.

CaptainFish fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 17, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CaptainFish posted:

Not to mention all the cartoon edits that TheSw1tcher was known for before.

I was legit shocked to find out Matt was the one who made the original Bison "YES YES" video.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope Paige replaces Matt.

I'm sure Cranky can draw a cute chibi of her and Elmo to stick on thumbnails

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What if Matt had a gun

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

What if Matt had a gun

he'd have shot so many TVs

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Matt's my least favorite.

Hope he gets better.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Think about it, Elmo x Woolie playing Jet Set. It's a new exciting age.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Stay safe Matty ghost.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I was legit shocked to find out Matt was the one who made the original Bison "YES YES" video.

I am legit shocked to find that out right now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Personally he introduced me to the greatest tie-in kartoon ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555tbabw9tA

KOMBAT TIME
I swear there was also a video about Jax telling his traumatic backstory of being fat in high school

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

HGH posted:

I swear there was also a video about Jax telling his traumatic backstory of being fat in high school

There is, you're right, but with one caveat. Jax was not just fat in high school, he was explicitly the fattest kid in high school.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Woolie's the one who brings up Lost Odyssey up sometimes right? I ask because it's free to download on both Xboxes right now and I have no idea if you can install 360 games on the ONE or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

Woolie's the one who brings up Lost Odyssey up sometimes right? I ask because it's free to download on both Xboxes right now and I have no idea if you can install 360 games on the ONE or not.

quote:

All future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One, giving you double the free games to play each month. With Xbox One Backward Compatibility, play multiplayer with your friends no matter which console they're on and enjoy Xbox 360 games with the advanced features of your Xbox One.