Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wtf is wrong with berishas finishing
Well, he couldn't miss that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Yeeessss

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hey iajanus, if you are reading, mustafa and I are going to be at hotel la tomorrow for the roar game, want to join us?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Yiiiiiiuiisassssssss

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Melbourne is the Correct shade of blue again.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I can't believe what's happening, I'm so loving happy

I've run into so many city plastics, and to a person they've all been cock heads

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Byolante posted:

Hey iajanus, if you are reading, mustafa and I are going to be at hotel la tomorrow for the roar game, want to join us?

Have to see if I'm back up from the wife's family Christmas down the coast. If I am around I'll def be there. What time?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Have to see if I'm back up from the wife's family Christmas down the coast. If I am around I'll def be there. What time?

game kicks off at 4pm, I am going to be there around 330ish

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahaha gently caress off Perth, great way holding that lead

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

iajanus posted:

Hahaha gently caress off Perth, great way holding that lead

:smith:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I want everyone to know I'm dragging my balls across the entire derby

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo what a save

And what a blast at zullo for being a lazy fuckwit

Good goalie

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

4 easy

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

:dukedoge:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
LETS GO BRISBANE BIG WIN TONIGHT BOYS

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I always kinda like CCM to do well for their fans but I just don't know how to get behind the lifeguard kit. Its no sideshow bob kit that's for sure

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

lol Cahill's sook about being booed might inadvertently get him a big fine and MCFC some difficult questions...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/soccer/tim-cahill-faces-ffa-fine-for-using-mobile-phone-during-match-20161218-gtdokb.html posted:

Tim Cahill might have landed himself in hot water after revealing a possible breach of Football Federation Australia's strict anti-sports corruption protocols by using his mobile phone during a match.

The FFA confirmed they will launch an investigation into whether Cahill was sending text messages in the middle of Melbourne City's 1-1 draw with Sydney FC last week after the marquee said during an interview he had contacted his family during the half-time interval.

Speaking with Fox Sports on Friday night, Cahill ramped up his criticism of fans booing and verbally abusing players and said that he used his mobile phone to text family members during half-time at ANZ Stadium asking them to leave early due to the jeers and heckles of spectators.

"I think the hardest thing for me against Sydney FC, sitting on the bench for 80 minutes, was when your kids are sitting behind you and your nephew and niece," Cahill told Fox Sports. "I think that hit me harder personally because it was verbal abuse and direct. I went into half-time and texted my missus telling her to go home because I had a four-year-old sitting in the crowd."

If true, it could be deemed a breach of the strict regulations that prohibit players and coaches from using any communication devices upon entry of venues until after the end of games. Players are required to surrender their mobile phones to a club official before the start of games in order to prevent any possible influence of match fixing or spot betting.

The regulations were introduced at the start of the 2014-15 A-League season in response to match-fixing allegations in the Victorian state league.

The FFA confirmed they will launch an investigation into the claims and did not rule out disciplinary measures, including a $500 fine.

"We are aware and will be looking into it on Monday. We will be in touch with the player and the club to find out whether what was said did actually occur," an FFA spokesman said.

Fairfax Media contacted Melbourne City but the club had not received any communication from the FFA on Sunday.

Cahill has publicly criticised fans for booing him during the match against Sydney FC after being jeered when brought on as a late substitute. The veteran forward scored for Melbourne City in Saturday night's 2-1 derby defeat to Melbourne Victory. He suffered a minor injury during a goal celebration in which he ran into Victory's substitutes who were warming up on the sideline.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Haha yesss!

I mean, I know nothing is gonna happen except probably a bit of a telling off but still I enjoy him copping poo poo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I don't think I can overstate how happy I am that Timmy got karmic reparations for trying to celebrate his goal by running through the Victory subs and cracked his head open when they wouldn't part like the red sea for him lmao what a fuckin bitch

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
vedran janjetovic signed for western sydney, broke my heart and might also be a oval office

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
This season rules, so many villains and targets of hatred on all angles

I personally like that people get so up in arms about this sort of a thing, it helps me justify why I take so much poo poo related to the game so personally

And something something it shows clubs becoming a bigger part of people's thinking etc etc. I just wanna smash heathens

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I don't think I can overstate how happy I am that Timmy got karmic reparations for trying to celebrate his goal by running through the Victory subs and cracked his head open when they wouldn't part like the red sea for him lmao what a fuckin bitch

Also this. Literally cackled despite being a goal down

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Agreed, I think it's for the good of the game in this country that Melbourne City are the league's pantomime villains that everyone except for their four hipster fans just wants to see burn out and Heart it up

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
In other ridiculous A league related news, check this out from the Hun: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...b2a412d3af6cbf9

Paywalled, but if you copy-paste the headline straight into Google and click the first link you'll saunter on past it like rojas past a impotent city back three.

Tl;dr: If you're an australian professional player, even a spud not-quite-cut-out-for-the-euros tier player, you can outearn the living gently caress out of the elitest of the elite AFL stars :psyduck:

Your average AFL player is pulling in around 200k, thats what marc loving warren makes

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Aaaaaaaaand while I'm triple posting like a motherfucker, some of the bogan comments about all the nil all draws got me thinking about how many we've had this season.

We've had exactly one, in round eight, Adelaide vs Sydney. All the more reason to ban both clubs imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Arquebus posted:

Agreed, I think it's for the good of the game in this country that Melbourne City are the league's pantomime villains that everyone except for their four hipster fans just wants to see burn out and Heart it up

I still hate western sydney more than melbourne city

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

imaging paying marc warren 200k lol

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Shane Smeltz has come back to the Phoenix. The circle of life is complete.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Robo Captain posted:

Shane Smeltz has come back to the Phoenix. The circle of life is complete.

It's kind of a weird signing, nixs forward options are some of best around and it'd be more obvious if it wasn't for the 6 or so spuds that make up the backline and guts of the side. Although this is probably gonna further exacerbate the annual gutting of the side come international rounds

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I think what the nix have been missing is a proper center forward à la Berisha and Fornaroli. Krishna and Kosta are wide players, Gui, Roly & McGlinchey are midfielders but we haven't had anyone to chill out in the middle. We've been starting Watson who seem to do alright but there isn't any depth.

I think out back line is a bit better than last year, the Italian guy seem pretty good and one or two of the nsl guys have promise but Dura, Lia & Moss are getting past it. Smeltz hasn't been selected for the AWs for a while now but either way we are hosed when the window rolls around.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Alright cunts, I'm in Hamilton island it's loving sweet here

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Twat le Piss posted:

Fucken mint place to spend crimbo!

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone,

You might remember me from my posting a year or two ago as the lone A-League fan in the US, after the A-League rights ended on our Fox Sports channel there was no A-League in the US. Today I found out that ESPN got them and have been showing them on ESPN3 which is their internet channel. So without further ado here is the weekly Official A-League games of the week on ESPN3, right now it's Wellington Phoenix vs Newcastle Jet and later tonight at 3:50am EST/2:50am CST/12:50am PST it's Sydney FC taking on Adelaide United. It's great to be back guys, also what have I miss in the last 2 season?

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 26, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Twat le Piss posted:

I'm on olhuveli Island in the Maldives and it's loving sweet here too

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Hello everyone,

You might remember me from my posting a year or two ago as the lone A-League fan in the US, after the A-League rights ended on our Fox Sports channel there was no A-League in the US. Today I found out that ESPN got them and have been showing them on ESPN3 which is their internet channel. So without further ado here is the weekly Official A-League games of the week on ESPN3, right now it's Wellington Phoenix vs Newcastle Jet and later tonight at 3:50am EST/2:50am CST/12:50am PST it's Sydney FC taking on Adelaide United. It's great to be back guys, also what have I miss in the last 2 season?

The Mariners are still poo poo, just not completely poo poo.

Tim Cahil is playing for Melbourne City who are trying to buy a title and have one cup this season to their name.

However Sydney FC are the form team of the comp, who also have money but also have a pretty good coach in Arnold.

Daylight is third to the rest.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
mark bosnich can go gently caress himself imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can someone please confirm that the Sydney game has only recently started? The aleague app is making GBS threads itself with the time difference where I am and says that the game clock is 45 plus twenty minutes of injury time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Can someone please confirm that the Sydney game has only recently started? The aleague app is making GBS threads itself with the time difference where I am and says that the game clock is 45 plus twenty minutes of injury time.

Yeah it be started and going to form.

Sadelaide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

According to my game clock we're in the 90+36 minute and up two nil (go Sydney go)

• Locked thread