Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
putting sour cream in it won't stop my guts from rebelling against avocado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
look the important thing here is that i eat food knowing full well it's going to give me the shits and i won't be judged for it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*glances at randler, whisperishly* is she saying she is american?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am a modern hero

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
*randler looks up from his pickled cabbage and finely braised shanks of an illegally confiscated romani child* yoo hoo

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

these would get your hands messy

looks delicious as heck tho

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

UberJew posted:

looks delicious as heck tho

depends on whatever veggie patty they seem to have replaced the beef with

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Look at the best Christmas present ever

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Is it fine to call a Jewish person a Nazi if they're advocating the forced internment and relocation of an ethnic minority, or is that really just not on the table until all the grandparents who lived through the holocaust are gone?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Volcott posted:

Is it fine to call a Jewish person a Nazi if they're advocating the forced internment and relocation of an ethnic minority, or is that really just not on the table until all the grandparents who lived through the holocaust are gone?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

i heard that sort of idea before; the undermining of political opposition by undermining the very idea that there is a separation between oppressor and oppressed, or even that there is either an oppressor or and oppressed.

i think it was the CIA interrogation handbook, actually. you destroy the will of a person by refusing to give them anything to identify as an opposing force and effectively gaslighting them repeatedly if they try to fight back anyways. i read the thing when writing a paper on prisoner conformity and i made the comparison between that and rehabilitative efforts as a means to point out how they can prevent prisoner outburst by undermining the narrative (of Us vs Them, specifically) that social bodies rely upon to coordinate. if prisoners as a whole lack a unifying narrative, then any individual action can easily be contained.

i guess that idea is pretty easy to expand to other styles of oppressor/oppressed relationships as well

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Volcott posted:

my friend. let me tell you what it means to be a jew. to be a jew is to feel the tree of sorrow always digging its gnarled roots into your flesh. to be a jew is to have your bones tattooed by the memory of snow. to be a jew is to sink helplessly in the sands of time. my salt lakes glint beneath the parched and vicious sun. my breasts are like rosebuds, my thighs like the cliff faces that border the canyon of impassable brambles, i am the singer and the song - i slide my underpants over my head and you hear the roaring of the tide

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am the changing season, the lurid flesh, and the spoils of war

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
slowly but surely, i begin to dance.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
doleful baby :3:

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

They did, and then they went on about emails, and made false equivalencies for months, while being first on the bandwagon to run with any manufactured Twitter drama Trump wanted to crank out any time it looked like something serious might appear bad for him.

Did we even watch the same campaign? The media attacked Trump in a way they just didn't attack Clinton. Anderson Cooper basically called Trump a sexual predator at the second debate. CNN ran streamers like this. The NY Times ran story after story digging into his past and ripping him to shreds. And yeah, they reported on Trumps tweets; because they were totally insane and the press can't just ignore a major presidential candidate making unhinged tweets at 3am in the morning. That coverage didn't help him. He looked like an idiot.

You can fault the US media for a lot during this campaign, mainly for failing to cover the issues. But they in no way created an equivalence between Clinton and Trump. I find it nuts that you think that

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/810121703288410112

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Chomskyan posted:

Did we even watch the same campaign? The media attacked Trump in a way they just didn't attack Clinton. Anderson Cooper basically called Trump a sexual predator at the second debate. CNN ran streamers like this. The NY Times ran story after story digging into his past and ripping him to shreds. And yeah, they reported on Trumps tweets; because they were totally insane and the press can't just ignore a major presidential candidate making unhinged tweets at 3am in the morning. That coverage didn't help him. He looked like an idiot.

You can fault the US media for a lot during this campaign, mainly for failing to cover the issues. But they in no way created an equivalence between Clinton and Trump. I find it nuts that you think that

They reported on what Trump actually did because it was terrible and there was so much of it. For Hillary they milked the e-mails non-story long, long, long after it had already been settled. They turned it into a scandal when it was nothing significant. They didn't have anything substantial to hit Hillary with so they manufactured a story

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Volcott posted:

apartheid doesn't involve that same issue and is the better analogy for the israeli right anyway

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The Hillary email thing was a long draining story that connected a narrative over and over again.

Trump's stories constantly changed from day to day and the media never created the long narrative because each story seemed separate to them.

Yes, they talked about his possible sexual assault but that was dropped when a new scandal popped up. Hillary's was continuous and a lot of that was blown up to seem balanced.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
there was a dead cat lying on the grass next to the sidewalk just looking like it was sleeping w/ no visible injuries on my way to and from getting groceries it was sad and sucked

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I think I'm going to get a new year's kitten.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

UberJew posted:

there was a dead cat lying on the grass next to the sidewalk just looking like it was sleeping w/ no visible injuries on my way to and from getting groceries it was sad and sucked

Outdoor cats don't usually get deaths that peaceful. He was lucky, in a way.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

finally the dems are rallying against the lamestream media ! !

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm cookin up some shrimps

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://i.imgur.com/KwnCmYT.gifv

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I'm cookin up some shrimps

shrimp is good

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Slept until 1140 waddup

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
chicken butt!

aren't I the dickens!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
5 more people and this graduation ceremony is over. 😍

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Volcott posted:

avoid that rabbit hole altogether, imo. there's been plenty of genocides that didn't involve nazis

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This 1978 book on the dred Scott case still refers to black people as Negroes (capital N) 🤔

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I bought my first rabbit.

8 think something is wrong with it though because it's frozen and without a head

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Gin and Juche posted:

I bought my first rabbit.

8 think something is wrong with it though because it's frozen and without a head

make a stew

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

i need to do something with cornish game hens

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Chelb posted:

i need to do something with cornish game hens

Take them to see the new Star Wars it's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

• Locked thread