Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I can't get into the grenade crossbow. It feels like a wet fart version of the medic's grenade launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
As an anti-personnel weapon it's OK. It's pretty poo poo against vehicles, does like 8 damage per shot against heavy vehicles.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Side note when another airgoon straight up socks an enemy fighter in the temple and you clean up the blubbering remains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIpLEm2uVE

Yeeaaaaa boiiiiii :haw::respek::hehe:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Laminator posted:

As an anti-personnel weapon it's OK. It's pretty poo poo against vehicles, does like 8 damage per shot against heavy vehicles.

Sooo... Better than K bullets then.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

OK, I feel like my class rank ups are going excruciatingly slowly. I hit rank 10 medic pretty quickly, but have been struggling with the other classes. Even Support, which now has the most kills of any of classes and that I am resupplying constantly is going so slowly, I'm only at rank 6 and am level 52. I play the objective, consistently score decently... am I missing something?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Laminator posted:

OK, I feel like my class rank ups are going excruciatingly slowly. I hit rank 10 medic pretty quickly, but have been struggling with the other classes. Even Support, which now has the most kills of any of classes and that I am resupplying constantly is going so slowly, I'm only at rank 6 and am level 52. I play the objective, consistently score decently... am I missing something?

They have different amounts of xp needed for ranks. Scout is 30k per rank, medic 45k, and assault and support are 50k (Assault might actually be 55k, I can't remember for sure.) If you go to each class in the soldier screen the progress bar will tell you how much you need to rank up.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah, I get that, it just feels incredibly slow for the other classes. I think I got rank 10 medic at like the mid 20s, and then haven't hit rank 10 on anything else despite being > 50 now. Feels weird.

yeah looking at my score total per kit I just managed to get a ton more points with medic, makes sense. I just want the Hellriegel :(

Laminator fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 17, 2016

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
For Assault leveling focus on taking out vehicles (with your weapons, AA guns, and field guns) and always be the squad leader giving orders if you can. Even if no one is following your orders keeping a defend order on a safe objective is worth a lot per match. Assault is definitely the slowest since you don't have any easy hand out points from packs or spotting.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Dice please make it so when you hit level ten pilot class you can use those weapons on any class because that would be cool and they aren't over powered and i want to use them but I don't want to be a bailing poo poo lord. And maybe it will make pubbies learn not to be poo poo at vehicles (nah)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If I could use the frommer stop auto on every class I would

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm rank 66 and rank 10 on all but medic. Medic is just awful and slow. I think I'm rank 7 and just don't want to play it anymore. I hate all the guns and pubbies mash A so I can't revive them. I'd rather play support

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
counterpoint: assault is faster because you're shotgunning fuckers in the face all day

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Medic was by far my fastest leveling class. Assault was second, and scout third. I just never play support so who knows if I will ever get that to 10.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm getting through them. Scout ranked up to 10 fastest due to my constant barrage of flares and playing with the Experimental. Assault wasnt too bad with the A-10 Hunter pre-patch. Working on Medic and Support now. Support should be alright now that it's possible to damage vehicles without having to get right up close to them.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I could use the frommer stop auto on every class I would

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

FastestGunAlive posted:

Dice please make it so when you hit level ten pilot class you can use those weapons on any class because that would be cool and they aren't over powered and i want to use them but I don't want to be a bailing poo poo lord. And maybe it will make pubbies learn not to be poo poo at vehicles (nah)

Those guns should just be a universal carbine class with lvl 10 unlovks.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Live At Five! posted:

I'm rank 66 and rank 10 on all but medic. Medic is just awful and slow. I think I'm rank 7 and just don't want to play it anymore. I hate all the guns and pubbies mash A so I can't revive them. I'd rather play support

Keep them alive so they don't die and respawn, then. If you're playing a medic and not almost constantly throwing out med packs, you're doing it wrong.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The medic guns are intensely good.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Chemmy posted:

The medic guns are intensely good.

I use the autoloading extended. It's a laser beam.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah I'm a big fan of medic guns actually.

In all the battlefield games I tend to play medic, because I end up being really happy with their guns and they are useful.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I couldn't help but notice that some goons had carried on the tradition of forum smilie emblems..

:pwn:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Where is :henget: emblem

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Honestly for my last couple levels on assault and support I just sat on flags. 500 for a flag cap alone is like killing 5 dudes. Killing 5 dudes on a flag is like 100000000000000

- extra warbonds really need to go towards cosmetic poo poo

- they need even more cosmetic poo poo

- you should be able to pick handguns and skins for the tanker/pilot/cavalry class

- they should make vehicle skins for battlepacks

- I would like a custom hat

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Laminator posted:

I couldn't help but notice that some goons had carried on the tradition of forum smilie emblems..

:pwn:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
what kind of nerd plays video games alone on a saturday night

(this kind)

(after I put some spicy noodles in my face)

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Lawnie posted:

Keep them alive so they don't die and respawn, then. If you're playing a medic and not almost constantly throwing out med packs, you're doing it wrong.

Oh I absolutely do. When I play medic or support I'm throwing med packs and ammo packs like I'm santa. But asking one person to keep a team of pubbies alive is an impossible task.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ol Standard Retard posted:

what kind of nerd plays video games alone on a saturday night

(this kind)

(after I put some spicy noodles in my face)

Haha look at this loser. (I'm playing. Xbone Gt: Guns of August)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

No scope double headshot

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^noice

Haha just got your message diablo but Jesus it's been 25 minutes trying to join / invite various people and I've only played enough to die three times to the same fuggin tanklord.

Pskrew assemble e: on Gunshow_Poophole

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

^noice

Haha just got your message diablo but Jesus it's been 25 minutes trying to join / invite various people and I've only played enough to die three times to the same fuggin tanklord.

coming my man

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Watching rogue one and the whole time I'm thinking drat battlefront was poo poo. Just make a Star Wars game but keep most the battlefield mechanics instead of whatever they did

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Play Argonne Forest and camp out in the bunker at B. It is a meatgrinder and you can get a shitload of medic points every match just from having a crate out and reviving everyone who dies.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Play Argonne Forest and camp out in the bunker at B. It is a meatgrinder and you can get a shitload of medic points every match just from having a crate out and reviving everyone who dies.

I actually got from rank 7 to 10 in about 4 games tonight. It's easy when you're averaging 25k points per game.

I don't like camping anywhere though. I run objective to objective capping stuff over and over.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

^noice

That was fun with you me, and everyone else that partied up.

We loving dominate. So many vehicles that we cooperatively blew up together.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Haha holy poo poo yeah you definitely got a large number of tank kills tonight.

Great to play with everybody, thanks for chilling with us for the evening. My biggest accomplishment was using the middle of nowhere fortress gun on Empire to take the enemy dreadnaught from 100 to 1 health and have the killing blow stolen by some pubbie in a plane :(

Edit how do I know if people are seeing my emblem or not? Dickbutt is there to console the victims of my shoots.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
watched two friendly medics stand on my corpse healing themselves until it booted me to the map screen :anime:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Just finishing up lunch but I think I'll be on the rest of the day. Join me on ps4: Ineffiablefx

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Have big game modes like Conquest and Operations become worse for anyone else since the patch? I feel like there's so much rubber banding with other players and instant deaths that all I do is spawn and die over and over again.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I created a party in the ps4 community. Let's play some fields of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this will never get old

http://i.imgur.com/ON7WZIA.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/DRlgWvr.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/GbhfelZ.gifv