Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zogo posted:

I was just going to mention that. Dead last in 3P% and 3PA. Hoiberg was supposed to be the offensive wave of the future or something. This whole world is one big lie.

Bulls front office lie to fans? Never...

Look at how loving young and athletic they've gotten. Look at how last year's problems were all Rose and Noah.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sheriff posted:

...we could...see the entire destiny of a franchise change forever because some sportswriter dicked around and picked his favorite player.

Now the NBA can bribe voters under the table to award/not award players. Another layer has been added to the conspiracies.

Dexo posted:

Bulls front office lie to fans? Never...

Look at how loving young and athletic they've gotten. Look at how last year's problems were all Rose and Noah.

They replaced Rose with Rondo who's another awful shooter. Robin Lopez has always been a decent minimal scorer and now this year for the first time he's bad.

chunkles posted:

The lockout season sucked poo poo if your team had players with serious but not season ending injuries.

I guess it'd be one way to increase the variance

66 or 72 games wasn't enough to change things. Now the 1999 season with fifty games did mess with things as the 8 seed Knicks made the finals.

The Glumslinger posted:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-did-basketball-end-up-with-four-versions-and-counting-of-one-stat/

God dammit, this is why we cant have nice things, especially since I think the BBR one is rear end since it doesn't include assists

The article says BBR and Oliver's usage shares a .98 correlation. That's nearly identical. A lot of these stats act like they're all unique and special and then you run the correlations and it's in the .95+ range. The differences are completely negligible as player rankings that move only a few places rarely prove much.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nerlens had a small postgame melt down.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/809976975662215170

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zogo posted:

They replaced Rose with Rondo who's another awful shooter. Robin Lopez has always been a decent minimal scorer and now this year for the first time he's bad

Yep like the Bulls get destroyed by any team with any kind of athleticism

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It'd be nice if the Clippers could lose one of these times so the Rockets could pass them

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Andy Furillo is a huge poo poo bag to Cousins almost constantly and brought up Cousins' brother getting arrested in a column that had nothing to do with Jaleel Cousins. The profanity laced tirade boiled down to "say what you want about me but not my family"

#BoogieDidNothingWrong

Boogie being an rear end in a top hat to reporters is not new, but the Sacramento Bee has really lovely sports coverage and personalities running things. It's why I snicker at the "Boogie would love playing for Boston!" things because if he can't handle snide rear end remarks or soft hit pieces from our podunk newspaper how the gently caress is he going to like dealing with any big city media.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Myles Turner is lik kristaps porzingis but without the bouncy enthusiasim and with more old tim duncan jumpers around the elbows

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

Haha did Myles Turner go 11/14 (with a few fancy moves against AD) just to spite you or what

In Dokmo's defense, he shows basically nothing in that video besides a good mid range jumper. Most plays he doesn't even make a move before taking a shot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

In Dokmo's defense, he shows basically nothing in that video besides a good mid range jumper. Most plays he doesn't even make a move before taking a shot.

He looks better than the other skilled 7 footers when he's playing well, he's more graceful in tight spaces.

In good midrange jumper 7 footer news: Thibs really needs to fire himself as coach or trade for some firey Philly or deep south guys to serve as go between. The wolves play like they're afraid of being scolded

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Boogie being an rear end in a top hat to reporters is not new, but the Sacramento Bee has really lovely sports coverage and personalities running things. It's why I snicker at the "Boogie would love playing for Boston!" things because if he can't handle snide rear end remarks or soft hit pieces from our podunk newspaper how the gently caress is he going to like dealing with any big city media.

The Bee had talent but like boiling impure water, Scott Howard Cooper and Sam Amick evaporated out to better places, leaving a thick crust of Ailene Voisin, Marcos Breton and Andy Furillo (with a very good Jason Jones mired in the muck)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
12 of James harden's 15 shots last night were threes. God bless you pringles

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/LBerger71/status/809910966104326144

Hell yea, trade that asthmatic little punk, Reginald
Stanley just needs a haircut

Maybe they can just trade Johnson and Jackson for Wall, excuse me for Bill Simmons impression

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Considering how bad the Sixers were tonight defensively, it couldn't have hurt.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/arts/massive-group-meditation-to-kick-off-miami-heat-v-boston-celtics-game-8955634

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If there's really no room in the Sixers rotation for Noel (which is pretty patently absurd considering how absolute poo poo they are), they should at least be showcasing him to make a mid-season trade you would think? Showcasing someone for a trade usually entails playing them more than a single-digit numbers of minutes per game. I think he's absolutely right to feel like he's getting hosed over.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wow who could have seen this coming

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Things not good in Sixers land

I'm going to look away until a trade is made.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mo Williams and Jordan McRae for nerlens, who says no?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Rockets back court (Gordon, Beverly and Harden) combined for 71 points, 22 assists and 23 rebounds going 22-42 from the field and 16-32 from deep against the Pelicans last night. :wow:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/LBerger71/status/809910966104326144

Hell yea, trade that asthmatic little punk, Reginald
Stanley just needs a haircut

Maybe they can just trade Johnson and Jackson for Wall, excuse me for Bill Simmons impression

LOL I would die laughing if we pulled that off, especially when we're routinely destroyed by John Wall, known critic of Reggie Jackson.

This guy isn't even an NBA reporter or even verified though.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Logjammin'

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I mean Hoiberg is no good but he is nowhere near the first thing I would criticize on that garbage roster.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hand Row posted:

I mean Hoiberg is no good but he is nowhere near the first thing I would criticize on that garbage roster.

I don't blame the roster much. Besides gently caress Niko. Cant blame players for getting paid when a team is dumb. This is an indictment on the front office and their lack of ability to draft since Matt Llyod left. And them not listening to Thibs on draft picks.

Their last 4 or 5 draft picks have been garbage.

Teague, Snell, 2 firsts for loving Doug McDermott, Portis(So desperately wanted him to be good), and Denzel Valentine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hand Row posted:

He plays Rondo and Portis, who are the worst players on the roster. Like above all else, he is playing Bobby Portis who is literally the worst big in the rotation over Felicio, who is actively not playing at times. It's the equivalent of playing Scola over Jonas.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://streamable.com/9fw5o

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kane and Abel

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Are the Bulls a bigger disaster than Indiana?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

No way 20,000 will be at that game.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Both Bulls and Indiana have a top ten player yet are somehow garbage teams

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Check this cover out

https://twitter.com/d_ross3/status/810118445434028033

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

He plays Rondo and Portis, who are the worst players on the roster. Like above all else, he is playing Bobby Portis who is literally the worst big in the rotation over Felicio, who is actively not playing at times. It's the equivalent of playing Scola over Jonas.

Felicio and Portis average almost identical mpg. Portis also logged 4 dnp-cds in the last six games while Felicio played in all six so maybe that's Fred learning a lesson? Bahaha

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Both Bulls and Indiana have a top ten player yet are somehow garbage teams

Who the gently caress is a top 10 player in the bulls

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who the gently caress is a top 10 player in the bulls
Butler

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Give Paul George to Memphis

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Give Paul George to Okc

Fixed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Things not good in Sixers land

I'm going to look away until a trade is made.

I'm hoping Brown gets fired for an actual coach some time soon

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
It's near Christmas guys, please dont kill my hopes and dreams.

Also, PG is gone in free agency unless the Pacers win a playoff series or two in the next 2 years, even at that point maybe.

Then him and the 2019 Lakers are going to win the NBA Championship

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
You'd think so but it would be hard to turn down the insane amount of money the Pacers can offer in the new CBA.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

trading john wall would be so stupid. he has 3 years left at under 20 mil a year. No pick or hodgepodge of role players/upside guys will match his production.
outside of a soon to be expiring contract trading your best player is stupid and I don't get why the media/people keep on suggesting that the best way for a bad team to get better is by trading the only good players they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

trading john wall would be so stupid. he has 3 years left at under 20 mil a year. No pick or hodgepodge of role players/upside guys will match his production.
outside of a soon to be expiring contract trading your best player is stupid and I don't get why the media/people keep on suggesting that the best way for a bad team to get better is by trading the only good players they have.

what exactly do you suggest the Wizards do to improve then? They are absolutely awful.

• Locked thread