Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

aww yeah the mendicant skeletons are back

that's the face of a skeller who can't be kept down by oppressive anti-panhandling codes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it must be mother-freaking christmas because we get a side story with Young Maya trying to get Meti to teach her about what the sanctioned action is.

i am all kinds of down for this

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

it must be mother-freaking christmas because we get a side story with Young Maya trying to get Meti to teach her about what the sanctioned action is.

with a cameo from the ashykerbundy!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

The sanctioned action is to slurp.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

The best expression.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
gently caress yeah, Meti!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Diogenes, but as a swordfighting grannie.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-34/
"You, girl. What do you think about death?"
"Reach heaven through violence, then, girl."

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-69/
"Now please excuse your Auntie Maya, she has a parade of fools to follow."

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-99/
"I am Mathangi Ten Meti, 'Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones.'"
"I would like to tell you I am a noodle vendor--"
"--but alas! Instead I am a student of the principle art of Cutting."

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/
The Maybe Sword

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-3-17/
"Auntie, here are your noodles."

Quinton fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 17, 2016

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I get the vibe -- from that "I wish I were a noodle vendor" line -- that Maya internalized one of Meti's deepest principles, i.e. only idiots become adherents of swordsmanship and aspirants towards Royalty, but didn't understand that it was intentional, so she decided she'd chosen a bad teacher to induct her into a thankless murder job, and that she would've been better off as a noodle vendor like her mother.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Two part avatar for anyone who wants/knows how to do that.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

World Famous W posted:

Two part avatar for anyone who wants/knows how to do that.

I'd be willing. Any suggestions for titles?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Baby Maya! :neckbeard:

Cat Mattress posted:

Diogenes, but as a swordfighting grannie.

Can't wait until Meti tells Solomon David to step the gently caress off from her light

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Poltergrift posted:

The sanctioned action is to pout.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

with a cameo from the ashykerbundy!

stop doxxing me

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Poltergrift posted:

"But why would she fight naked?"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Poltergrift posted:

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. With clothes.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Poltergrift posted:

I get the vibe -- from that "I wish I were a noodle vendor" line -- that Maya internalized one of Meti's deepest principles, i.e. only idiots become adherents of swordsmanship and aspirants towards Royalty, but didn't understand that it was intentional, so she decided she'd chosen a bad teacher to induct her into a thankless murder job, and that she would've been better off as a noodle vendor like her mother.
I think its more that, when you're 12, "invincible swordswoman who fights naked and lives in a barrel" sounds like the best job, but when you're an actual adult you realize it kind of sucks. On this, Meti and Maya are in agreement.

I suspect the big difference of opinion is that Meti thinks there's no redeeming aspects at all, while Maya sees it as more a "it's a lovely job but somebody's got to do it" deal.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

On review, I've realized I don't actually know how to apply a two-part avatar. How do these work, exactly?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Pick the top half as your av and use img tags for the bottom, I think. Also there may be additional sorcery involved I havent' changed mine since I got it

e: I think theres something like you have to upload it to the forums and use like [img:1325[ or some poo poo, I dunno.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Poltergrift posted:

On review, I've realized I don't actually know how to apply a two-part avatar. How do these work, exactly?

img tag the second part in the text I think?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Poltergrift posted:

Buy the bottom half as an image avatar, which will load that image onto the SA servers. Then buy the top half as an image avatar, and put the bottom half into the title as an [img] tag (this only works for images on the SA server.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Is it possible to use plat image uploads to do this?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I am a little disappointed we didn't get more Meti Life Advice or Meti's Apprentice Is An Idiot Parable attached to the post, but I am very happy to spend some time with Meti and Maya :3:

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

wiegieman posted:

Buy the bottom half as an image avatar, which will load that image onto the SA servers. Then buy the top half as an image avatar, and put the bottom half into the title as an [img] tag (this only works for images on the SA server.)

Got it. Thanks! (I would have waited for info on the upload thing, but no Platinum account, so it's moot.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Am I the only one who imagines Meti speaking with Genkai's voice from Yu Yu Hakusho?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Am I the only one who imagines Meti speaking with Genkai's voice from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Sub or dub? I've never heard the former.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dub because I am a filthy casual.

Edit I don't think it's a coincidence that the best swordswomen in the world have a complete and utter disdain for their art. If you think being a swordsman is cool, you're going to have ideas about what it is and should look like, which is just about mutually exclusive with the concepts of Royalty.

See also: Aesma's thoughtless disdain for everything.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 17, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The dub of YYH is excellent so you chose correctly
(Also you're not alone)

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I think its more that, when you're 12, "invincible swordswoman who fights naked and lives in a barrel" sounds like the best job, but when you're an actual adult you realize it kind of sucks. On this, Meti and Maya are in agreement.

I suspect the big difference of opinion is that Meti thinks there's no redeeming aspects at all, while Maya sees it as more a "it's a lovely job but somebody's got to do it" deal.

Based on the setting I'm guessing Maya didn't choose to be a killer because her high school aptitude test said swordwoman.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dmitri-9 posted:

Based on the setting I'm guessing Maya didn't choose to be a killer because her high school aptitude test said swordwoman.

Based on the setting, I am entirely prepared to believe that high-school aptitude tests include 'swordswoman', 'knight', 'wizard', and 'Conquering King'.

If you get the last one, the local demiurge stops by and glasses your planet.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dmitri-9 posted:

A little after school practice with the local rag wearing invincible swordmistress, then some ruffians start causing trouble, and one thing leads to another and now you're conquering 20000 worlds.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I did not expect to get ANY of Maya's backstory in such a clear way.

I'M SO EXCITED.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cool, poltergrift used my quote. :hf:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Edit I don't think it's a coincidence that the best swordswomen in the world have a complete and utter disdain for their art. If you think being a swordsman is cool, you're going to have ideas about what it is and should look like, which is just about mutually exclusive with the concepts of Royalty.

I like to think Meti either can't or doesn't want to do anything other than fight and kill, and she's painfully aware of that fact.

In fact, other than :smug: David, no one who's Royalty seems happy about it.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 17, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

Nobody writes legends about people who had pleasant lives and great conflict deescalation skills

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pavlov posted:

"But why would she fight naked?"

That kind of thing happens when you drink a lot.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Nobody writes legends about people who had pleasant lives and great conflict deescalation skills

isn't that the pastoral genre

also i feel that it's important to note that Royalty is not a thing that people are, it's something they aim for. zoss himself is said to have come closest, but not to have actually attained it. i imagine it's a little like the concept of traveling at c

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Yeah, royalty is a continuous cutting motion, not a continuous faxing and letters-to-the-editor motion.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Royalty has never asked to speak to a manager

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I 'unno, how great are we talking here?

I can see songs being sung about the hero who successfully managed to rope a rampaging Jagganoth into a therapeutic knitting session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Royalty has never asked to speak to a manager

Royalty is the manager

and no, you cannot use your democracy coupon. it expired.