Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, that bad cop scene is now driving ME nuts, because I know I've seen it, too.

:argh:

welcome to the madness club, friend. I've been looking for it for YEARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, that bad cop scene is now driving ME nuts, because I know I've seen it, too.

:argh:

It's because of the many requests for it, the detailed description of this one scene is causing false memories to form and spread amongst the readers.

Soon, the critical point will be reached, and it will spread unconsciously. That is when the director will "discover" their vision, and begin to create it.

And the final stinger after the credits will be a live news report about weird poo poo going on at a Detroit church.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
There's a time/dimension travel aspect to this movie.
The scenes I remember involve a younger man sitting before a council of more experience timetravelers(?), in a Victorian type living room, lots of dark wood and wallpaper.
The elders are judging the man for screwing up or messing with the past, and he keeps taking himself back in time to try to fix it, and keeps coming back to this setting.
The fashion seemed to be 50s, pretty conserative. I feel like it was set in England?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

A flying piece of posted:

2) This is, I think, an 80s movie. A family buys a large toy robot that is meant to fire nerf discs and nerf balls at the kid, but it ends up loading CDs, ball bearings, and other supposedly lethal objects into its launchers and goes around killing people.

Seconding Evolver, but CDs never get loaded into it to be used as weapons. Ball bearings, knives, and gasoline do.

CDs being used as weapons... you might actually be thinking of the DJ cenobite from Hellraiser 3.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Skunkrocker posted:

Seconding Evolver, but CDs never get loaded into it to be used as weapons. Ball bearings, knives, and gasoline do.

CDs being used as weapons... you might actually be thinking of the DJ cenobite from Hellraiser 3.

Or that one part of 3 Ninjas :allears:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Wasn't there a part in Chopping Mall with deadly CDs too?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

Don't recall for certain there.

The classic deadly CDs gimmick is, of course, in I Come In Peace (aka Dark Angel don't get it mixed up with the TV show)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099817/

And it's a Christmas movie, too! :toot:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

The scenes I remember involve a younger man sitting before a council of more experience timetravelers(?), in a Victorian type living room, lots of dark wood and wallpaper.
The elders are judging the man for screwing up or messing with the past, and he keeps taking himself back in time to try to fix it, and keeps coming back to this setting.
The fashion seemed to be 50s, pretty conserative. I feel like it was set in England?

Sounds a bit like the short story "Great Work of Time" by John Crowley, but afaik its never been adapted to film. Do you remember anything about stamps, lizard people, or angels?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Origami Dali posted:

Own it on Blu-ray. And... no. No, there isn't.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DeimosRising posted:

Sounds a bit like the short story "Great Work of Time" by John Crowley, but afaik its never been adapted to film. Do you remember anything about stamps, lizard people, or angels?

No, I can't remember any fanastical elements besides the time travel (or being in alternate universes). It might not even have been time travel, just very omniscient judges causing the man to flashback on his own life.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

kimbo305 posted:

Sounds like beginning of The Time Machine (1960).

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Shot in the dark for this one, friend of mine is trying to find something she recalls seeing a trailer for but never saw the film. Likely early 80's, maybe very late 1970s:

Boy writes a lot, and then starts seeing things he writes about in reality, and so has an increasingly difficult time telling fact from fiction. She recalls it having a fish-headed person coming out of a closet.

That's.... literally all I've got. I've spent the last couple days searching online for anything like that and have come up empty, so if this jogs anyone's memory I'd be stoked.

Thanks!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Friend of mine has a couple scenes in his head he's been trying to figure out for awhile.

One is a dude running up stairs in a building, intentionally pressing the elevator button on every floor.

Other is someone trying to put some leftover food away, but every container they try they cannot find a matching lid to. Then they try some cling wrap but there's only a small square of it left.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Light Gun Man posted:

Friend of mine has a couple scenes in his head he's been trying to figure out for awhile.

One is a dude running up stairs in a building, intentionally pressing the elevator button on every floor.

Seen the hell out of this one, can even see the pacing of the multiple shots and the general outpacing of the elevator to the hero.

Edit: Damnit, I finally placed it. It was an episode of Leverage where I think the lead guy (TImothy Hutton) is delaying his repeat adversary Mark Sheppard.

And here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWe044gfA8o

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
What's this movie on the projection screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8omV4nBro

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

Phyein posted:

What's this movie on the projection screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8omV4nBro

Looks like Inferno: (at least the first part underwater)
https://youtu.be/7e_baIObhFY

cookiefulloarsenic fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 14, 2016

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Looking for a film, probably Korean or Japanese, that involves a cleaning lady working for an assassin, and has a scene where the assassin steals an ice cream truck and forces a family to eat ice cream. May also involve angels??

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I have no idea what film that could be, but now I'm looking for it, too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jenny Agutter posted:

Looking for a film, probably Korean or Japanese, that involves a cleaning lady working for an assassin, and has a scene where the assassin steals an ice cream truck and forces a family to eat ice cream. May also involve angels??

I don't know, but it can't be too obscure because I know I've seen it.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

Fallen Angels

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Awesome, glad someone could decipher that second hand description

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
probably a tv show, but what's this from

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

probably a tv show, but what's this from

An Imgur comment suggested it's Carmen Electra in "Fat Actress", outfit matches.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

He should have just googled

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
This one is a mid-80s-90s US movie. Teenager gets sent to a summer camp, but hates it and skips out early on his own. He gets back to his home town somehow (bus?) only to find his house completely empty - his family has moved while he was away, and nobody knows where they are. He crashes at a friend's house while trying to find his family and avoid the authorities.
Don't remember any of the actors in this one, was mostly a drama with a bit of comedy.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Maybe Moving Target?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Ah, I'd forgotten the music camp/band aspect of the story but everything else fits, so that must be it. The user reviews on IMDB call it out as a typical low production value 80s teen TV movie but surprisingly compelling anyway, which also fits my recollection. That was quick work, thanks!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
So, anyone remember a movie where Sinbad plays a Genie?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

No, but I remember John Malkovich in that jewel thief movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

EDIT: ^^^ Very nice :golfclap:

I went from 'Well, of course I do' to 'Oh, gently caress this "Mandela Effect" bullshit.'

People are stupid.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

When I read your post I said to myself "Uh, yeah, it was called Shazaam." I clearly remember seeing ads for it as a kid. Now the internet is telling me it doesn't exist. What the gently caress is going on?!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Spatulater bro! posted:

When I read your post I said to myself "Uh, yeah, it was called Shazaam." I clearly remember seeing ads for it as a kid. Now the internet is telling me it doesn't exist. What the gently caress is going on?!
It definitely exists, it's the movie where one character says "Do? That's the beauty of it - It doesn't DO anything!"

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Slugworth posted:

It definitely exists, it's the movie where one character says "Do? That's the beauty of it - It doesn't DO anything!"

Yeah this whole thing made me think of that. But unlike that quote which just had a vague sense of familiarity for me, Shazam completely 100% existed in my head until like 5 minutes ago. Really weird.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spatulater bro! posted:

Yeah this whole thing made me think of that. But unlike that quote which just had a vague sense of familiarity for me, Shazam completely 100% existed in my head until like 5 minutes ago. Really weird.

Probably thinking of Kazaam featuring Shaq, not Sinbad. Shazam is Captain Marvel's magic catchphrase.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

DeimosRising posted:

Probably thinking of Kazaam featuring Shaq, not Sinbad. Shazam is Captain Marvel's magic catchphrase.

I remember Kazaam as being something separate. And I'm not familiar with Captain Marvel (nor have I ever been). I recall the ads for the SInbad genie movie, and how horrible it looked, and Sinbad's wise cracking "boy I'm sure one goofy genie!" schtick.

I understand the weird tricks the mind can play. But this is REALLY strange to me.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I want the guy with the Brian Denehy/kept this car cherry rape scene movie to hit this reporter up.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Obviously everyone is just thinking of House Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf0bTdEGrM&t=21s

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Was Taters posted:

I want the guy with the Brian Denehy/kept this car cherry rape scene movie to hit this reporter up.

nah, mine isn't a collective consciousness/ glitch in the matrix thing, it apparently only exists in my (and my old roommate's) head

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

ladron posted:

nah, mine isn't a collective consciousness/ glitch in the matrix thing, it apparently only exists in my (and my old roommate's) head

Over the past decade, I've scoured the internet for your movie like Indiana Jones looking for the grail and all I've found that might be related is a thread in the catacombs of an archive of some forgotten forum where someone mentions a cop raping someone while the boyfriend is handcuffed to the bumper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Origami Dali posted:

Over the past decade, I've scoured the internet for your movie like Indiana Jones looking for the grail and all I've found that might be related is a thread in the catacombs of an archive of some forgotten forum where someone mentions a cop raping someone while the boyfriend is handcuffed to the bumper.

heh, thanks, but I am pretty sure that he wasn't handcuffed....
maybe I saw it while reading the Bernstein Bears