Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

My last little accomplishment, leaving Geralt off with all Grandmaster Armours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Also learned of Nvidia Ansel.. when I finished the game.. and I absolutely loved taking pictures throughout the game..

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

2house2fly posted:

Yeah, $60 would be good value, $30 is approaching "I'd feel guilty about paying this little" territory

This is actually true. I bought it again on Steam (originally got it on GoG) because I've gotten a ludicrous amount of fun play time out of this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

I AM BRAWW posted:

Also learned of Nvidia Ansel.. when I finished the game.. and I absolutely loved taking pictures throughout the game..

What is this Ansel of which you speak?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Fuzz posted:

What is this Ansel of which you speak?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel

Have you ever played Shadow of Mordor on PC? That game had something similar, where you could press a button and the game would "freeze frame" and then you could take a picture however you want, putting you in the role of some kind of noclip ghost cameraman. Nvidia Ansel is similar to that, but goes further as you can force the pictures to be rendered on a higher resolution. For example that picture is 3840x2160, while I played on 1980x1280, so the picture looks even better than my game.

It's a really cool feature and it's on like, 4(?) games and one of them is The Witcher 3 (which I just learned about). If you have a supported Nvidia card, and have the GeForce Experience running and have Shadowplay and all that stuff just try pressing ALT + F2 while in-game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I AM BRAWW posted:

Have you ever played Shadow of Mordor on PC? That game had something similar, where you could press a button and the game would "freeze frame" and then you could take a picture however you want, putting you in the role of some kind of noclip ghost cameraman. Nvidia Ansel is similar to that, but goes further as you can force the pictures to be rendered on a higher resolution. For example that picture is 3840x2160, while I played on 1980x1280, so the picture looks even better than my game.

It's a really cool feature and it's on like, 4(?) games and one of them is The Witcher 3 (which I just learned about). If you have a supported Nvidia card, and have the GeForce Experience running and have Shadowplay and all that stuff just try pressing ALT + F2 while in-game.

Holy poo poo, gonna have to try this out. Been playing around with that weather mod and I had this INSANELY cool view from that place of power above the Griffin Armor cave, looking south toward the bog with all this mist slowly settling in from the east... Hope I can reproduce it, because I came out of that cave and had to stop short to just marvel at it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I AM BRAWW posted:

And now I have the tenuous excuse I was looking for to play this game all over again! :neckbeard:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Jerusalem posted:

And now I have the tenuous excuse I was looking for to play this game all over again! :neckbeard:

Same here! Though I reckon it'll take twice as long to play it with this Ansel screenshot thing because I'll just be constantly stopping to take screenshots.
Goodbye life!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

God this game is pretty.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Didn't see a topic on this so I figured might as well ask here: Any goons currently in the closed beta of the new Gwent standalone? If so shoot me a pm and let's see if we can get some friendly games going.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress those guys in the company who helped Ciri. My daughter will not cave to peer pressure and i have the money to buy the drat horses, thank you very much.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Feh, he's a racist. Expropriating his horses is for the greater good.

And don't try and pretend Geralt hasn't stolen from every barrel or box he's ever seen. :colbert:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Feh, he's a racist. Expropriating his horses is for the greater good.

And don't try and pretend Geralt hasn't stolen from every barrel or box he's ever seen. :colbert:

They didnt gave me the chance to even talk to the guy. Geralt would have axiied him to give them all the horses. But no, the want to pressure my daughter to steal. Not on my watch, pal!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I had to cave and install the No Scaled Loot mod because it was really annoying and frustrating me to find out that I "hosed up" and picked up a weapon too early because it could scale to a much better level later. This way I don't have to care, because honestly I don't mind picking up a sword I can't actually use for another 20 levels, that just means I have something to work towards and can toss it in my vault until then.

I loving hate when devs put scaled loot in that doesn't level up with you or can't reach its full potential if you get it at the wrong time. If I had any major criticism of this game, it's that.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

DoctorGonzo posted:

They didnt gave me the chance to even talk to the guy. Geralt would have axiied him to give them all the horses. But no, the want to pressure my daughter to steal. Not on my watch, pal!

Mind controlling a guy into giving you something he wouldn't otherwise sounds a lot like theft to me :shrug: In fact that seems far worse than just stealing them the usual way.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ciri didn't need to be pressured, the only reluctant one was Geralt.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

You want to mind rape AND steal from him?!

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Fuzz posted:

I had to cave and install the No Scaled Loot mod because it was really annoying and frustrating me to find out that I "hosed up" and picked up a weapon too early because it could scale to a much better level later. This way I don't have to care, because honestly I don't mind picking up a sword I can't actually use for another 20 levels, that just means I have something to work towards and can toss it in my vault until then.

I loving hate when devs put scaled loot in that doesn't level up with you or can't reach its full potential if you get it at the wrong time. If I had any major criticism of this game, it's that.

Isn't that true for "common" items only?
I'm still new to this and everything is very confusing.
Level 6 stumbling around in Velen, and I feel my Serpentine? weapons are garbage.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

gasman posted:

Isn't that true for "common" items only?
I'm still new to this and everything is very confusing.
Level 6 stumbling around in Velen, and I feel my Serpentine? weapons are garbage.

Everything is scaled except stuff you craft. I think the viper swords are pretty good at that level. you're getting close to getting other witcher gear though. I think the first level of griffin is level 7, with the others a bit higher than that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

11 for gryphon. but yeah the way the scaling works does not really matter because witcher gear is unique, looks good in a set, and is better than the vast majority of things you'll find randomly, so almost everything else just turns into money after a point.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Yes, quest for griffin stuff says level 11.
It is fun to use a hatchet though, guess I should stop murdering pirates and continue the main quest.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dud root posted:

Axii the horse and have it stomp the owner to death. Then ride off with them!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It'd make me feel less of a poo poo if Geralt actually could walk up there, Axii the merchant to "I need some horses for my company, how much for four of them" and that's it. You could just toss that much money into lake by the point in-game.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I almost had to turn down stealing the horses because there's a bug where sometimes a key you need to loot doesn't spawn. Luckily it spawned when I reloaded, because I am all about stealing some mother loving horses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Regardless of what better gear I might have at the time, if I'm in Skellige I'm wearing Ursine gear :hellyeah:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dud root posted:

yes

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
CD Projekt RED just got $7 million in government funding to research 'Seamless Multiplayer' and 'City Creation', presumably for Cyberpunk 2077

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I really dislike the Possession quest with Cerys. It has so many glaring holes, it annoys me every time, because there's a good quest idea hiding just beneath the surface.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I AM BRAWW posted:

multiplayer

Boo!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I really dislike the Possession quest with Cerys. It has so many glaring holes, it annoys me every time, because there's a good quest idea hiding just beneath the surface.

That quest has the funniest resolution I've ever seen.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Coughing Hobo posted:

In Toussaint, monster hunting itself is viewed as honorable, so a man whose profession is monster hunting is like king poo poo of turd mountain. It's such a lovely change of pace to take part in conversations where Geralt isn't immediately on the defensive.

My favourite exchange regarding this was with an rear end in a top hat wine cellar owner, when I wanted to kill the guy about 2 sentences in, but when you wanted to talk about money he just went "of course you want to be paid, you are a professional".

Then, when you looked through his new wine cellar and found unrelated problem, solved it and told him about it, he paid you separately for that. Compare this with other places, where they will spit at you and want you to do your work for free :v:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

2house2fly posted:

It makes for the greatest out of context screenshot ever:

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

2house2fly posted:

It starts really strong with the haunted house vibe, then kind of falls apart, then eventually redeems itself when Udalryk asks why he feels so empty and Geralt refers to exorcising an extradimensional guilt horror the way someone would refer to removing a tapeworm.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
How have I never seen the scene with Geralt eating an apple while performing an autopsy before? :psyduck:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 20, 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

turned off the HUD for a more immersive experience

excellent choice. the world seems so much richer, more alive, and more deadly

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

turned off the HUD for a more immersive experience

excellent choice. the world seems so much richer, more alive, and more deadly

There's a Friendly UI mod that's pretty great specifically for this reason.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Found this in Skellige, appropriately.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

"Roach was here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Wow, are there more of these?