Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

The fishing one was pretty easy for me. Aim at one of the fishing spots and just watch your own pole. Took me maybe 10 minutes once I got to the spot? Maybe I just got lucky.
The problems come when you can't see your own pole because there are so many people surrounding you, and when the fishing holes disappear every 10-20 seconds because there's so many people using them. The quests which involve killing things had a similar problem - with so many people around, you had to be standing right on top of where the mobs spawned or you couldn't get a hit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The second fishing area that's further away from the wayshrine had significantly less people. The performance quest has been much more frustrating so far.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Got all my motifs. Only need the final two recipes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any opinions on argonian vs dark elf for tank magblade? I assume the magic based stuff for dark elf wins, but I don't know how much of a difference argonians healing makes

Tbh the part of me that likes fun wants to go argonian but the sperg in me makes me lean towards dark elf

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 16, 2016

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Robo Reagan posted:

Any opinions on argonian vs dark elf for jack of all trades magblade? I assume the magic base stuff for dark elf wins, but I don't know how much of a difference argonians healing makes

if you want to do anything else beside dps, argonian is better.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Performance at Alcaire has two insanely frustrating factors: only one player may use the kit at a time, and it has internal cooldown. If you can use it, someone else will hit it one second earlier :sassargh:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

Performance at Alcaire has two insanely frustrating factors: only one player may use the kit at a time, and it has internal cooldown. If you can use it, someone else will hit it one second earlier :sassargh:

I found standing away from everyone else works 100% of the time. Like, go stand in the far corner.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

inflatable fish posted:

if you want to do anything else beside dps, argonian is better.

My Dunmer sap-tank begs to differ. :colbert:

I forgot why I stopped doing SotH pledges regularly. Then I spent an hour in Veteran Cradle of Shadows and promptly remembered why. Velidreth Hard Mode is 60% mechanics and 40% bullshit RNG.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Scyantific posted:

My Dunmer sap-tank begs to differ. :colbert:

I forgot why I stopped doing SotH pledges regularly. Then I spent an hour in Veteran Cradle of Shadows and promptly remembered why. Velidreth Hard Mode is 60% mechanics and 40% bullshit RNG.

well my sap tank is a Breton so yeah, but objectively Argonian passives are just nuts for this archetype (SWIM SPEED BABY)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Decided to give this a shot and have been enjoying running around doing quests and such while teamed up with my brother. Paraphrasing here, but whoever said "it's basically an Elder Scrolls game but with the ability to have friends join in" was right on the money. :)

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
One Tamriel update is great. I wanted to roll Ebonheart to be on the goon side but didn't really like the bleak Dunmer zones and their questlines, got bored and quit. Now I can be on Ebonheart and just go whereever I want to.

Though I'm still just robbing everyone's cabinets and then picking their pockets until I'm run out of town instead of you know, leveling :v:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could I get a guild invite? @racistagainstkhajit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stuntman posted:

Could I get a guild invite? @racistagainstkhajit.

Not with that userID, sir.

(Someone will get you an invite)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Drop an invite to @Gadling on NA, switched over for magblade experiment.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Hi hello please invite @mnewseso to the wonderful guilds.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

nvm

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

My friends suckered me into playing again, can I get an invite @floorlava please?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Oh my godddd gently caress the holiday fishing quest

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

<Got it made> Thanks!

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 19, 2016

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
gently caress the fishing quest, the Behtnik one, AND the mudball one (it didn't tell me not to hit guards, I had a bunch of stolen stuff, it lagged, I got stuck, dead).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Overemotional Robot posted:

gently caress the fishing quest, the Behtnik one, AND the mudball one (it didn't tell me not to hit guards, I had a bunch of stolen stuff, it lagged, I got stuck, dead).
If you turn on the option to prevent attacking innocents, it'll stop you from mudballing the guards/NPCs. You can still attack the 3 rulers for the achievement and the named NPCs that are part of the quest. For fishing, get an add-on that tells you when to reel it in, because actually seeing your pole in the mass of players clipping into each other is a pain. The betnik one is just going to suck unless they turn up the spawn rate on that island for the duration of the event (they won't).

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Holy crap, there's an option to stop me from attacking NPCs?! I assume it's in the options, but under what?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Overemotional Robot posted:

Holy crap, there's an option to stop me from attacking NPCs?! I assume it's in the options, but under what?

Options -> General -> Prevent Attacking Innocents

If you're a vampire and use the Blade of Woe, there's this mod to make sure you always use the blade instead of feeding.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I was pretty underwhelmed by the Khajiit one too and I expected nothing of the Altmer one and it still managed to let me down.

Jumping into the water in Skyrim is a lot of fun tho and dancing is easy. Bonus points for doing every quest as a skeleton

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

*Two Argonian play the drums*
*room full of people snapping their fingers*

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I would love for "Beatnik orc" to be my next character, but I don't think there are the necessary costume parts to pull it off.

syg
Mar 9, 2012
New player, only level 14 but loving the game. Looking to do mostly PvE and crafting. Is it possible for me to get an invite even though I'm Daggerfall (Redguard) ?

@kilvak

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
I'm level 24 and I'm wondering if it's worth training my crafting skills to make my gear at this point or are drops plenty? I have not trained up any of my crafting yet

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Crafting is really good in this game. But all crafted stuff is BOE so you could always get us to make things for you.

But to answer your question, drops are indeed plenty. As of One Tamriel, all content is scaled, so you'll always find current drops no matter where you are. But certain drops drop in certain areas, but that's not something to worry about too much as you level.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I just wanted to publicly recant my previous statement that weapon and armor crafting isn't useful until the late game. I never bothered to tab over at all those mysterious crafting campsites in the middle of nowhere to see that that's where you can craft sets, and the only limiting factor is the number of traits you've researched on any given piece of equipment. Some require as few as two researched traits on a piece of equipment, so I could have been doing this for weeks. :suicide:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rollersnake posted:

I just wanted to publicly recant my previous statement that weapon and armor crafting isn't useful until the late game. I never bothered to tab over at all those mysterious crafting campsites in the middle of nowhere to see that that's where you can craft sets, and the only limiting factor is the number of traits you've researched on any given piece of equipment. Some require as few as two researched traits on a piece of equipment, so I could have been doing this for weeks. :suicide:

Oh. I suppose I should start researching traits then :effort:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

:toot: I have finally achieved magnanimity. Thank you to all the goons who donate their extra recipes to the guild bank.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Come, warm your bones by the fire

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rollersnake posted:

:toot: I have finally achieved magnanimity. Thank you to all the goons who donate their extra recipes to the guild bank.
As wonderful as goon generosity is, I just filled the bank trying to put in a nordic towel. I removed a dozen or so of the green event recipes, but we really need to clean out some of the junk in there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

g0del posted:

As wonderful as goon generosity is, I just filled the bank trying to put in a nordic towel. I removed a dozen or so of the green event recipes, but we really need to clean out some of the junk in there.

If any non-subbed goons want to, go download the Roomba addon from the OP, then run it on the guild bank to stack all the poo poo together. Otherwise I'm gonna hoover all the craft mats into my bag.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Scyantific posted:

If any non-subbed goons want to, go download the Roomba addon from the OP, then run it on the guild bank to stack all the poo poo together. Otherwise I'm gonna hoover all the craft mats into my bag.

I ran Roomba.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Decairn posted:

I ran Roomba.

Good man

the Val
Nov 21, 2005

Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart
Hello I would like to please be a part of a cool goon guild. I started in the free weekend thing and as it turns out this game is pretty fun (and a lot easier after I stopped playing it exclusively in first person).

@valyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

4500 Zenimax funbux for the Elk mount :lol: