Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Gosh, just buy a snowball cannon! They're only 80,000,000 on GTN :suicide:

heh...from the live stream today.

Overheated Droids/Snowballs – Patch tomorrow to make all snowballs able to hit all NPCs, including the Overheated Life Day Droids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cross-Section posted:

In the Alliance crates you get from doing Heroics + other KOTFE/ET related things. It's RNG and empty orange gear, but they're there.

I got one full purple gear piece off CXP yesterday! But yeah I dunnno.

e: Wait this was talking about something else, alliance crates != GC crates.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 16, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Pretty big changes based on player feedback coming in January

Back to rolling on specific pieces from ops bosses...sort of. Looks like some pretty good changes.

And, because this is my thread and I've earned it, if you're F2P or preferred you can get the first chapter of KOTET for free by clicking a referral link. :D

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Well, if it's sharing referral links time being it is the holiday season... Here's mine.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Medullah posted:

Pretty big changes based on player feedback coming in January

Back to rolling on specific pieces from ops bosses...sort of. Looks like some pretty good changes.

Still much grindier than before, and because you need the command tokens from GC you'll need to do it just the same as now.

At least you will get decent gear out of it (in January), rather than having to pray you get lucky with drops.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Private Speech posted:

Still much grindier than before, and because you need the command tokens from GC you'll need to do it just the same as now.

At least you will get decent gear out of it (in January), rather than having to pray you get lucky with drops.

They're in a tough spot though. 4.0 made getting god tier gear too easy with EV/KP farming, especially when highlighted. They need to find that fine line of "Not too easy that people will gear up quickly and not try other things" and "omg gently caress this game I'm not playing for 500 hours".

They're hindered by all the people that are angry that they took out commendation gear, which was almost completely useless mixed with the people that are left that DO want to raid seriously, and now can't quickly gear up their raid group due to the new mechanics.

I think the new system is a pretty fair comprimise. Speaking as someone who, in our actual serious raid group, had a 3 piece set bonus and no good relics for the bulk of our raiding experience watching substitute members come in and keep getting the pieces I needed, RNG has always been a factor.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, we lost the cool Ravage animation as sith Juggernaut/Marauder. I will not rest until they add the old animation back

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Medullah posted:

"Not too easy that people will gear up quickly and not try other things" and "omg gently caress this game I'm not playing for 500 hours".

That's a very charitable way of saying "we made the endgame an (almost) endless grind so that people stay subscribed for longer".

Was gearing up too quickly really an issue before? You yourself admitted that you were in a serious raid group and still was missing a few pieces in the old 'far too quick' system, and you are probably the most dedicated player here.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Private Speech posted:

That's a very charitable way of saying "we made the endgame an (almost) endless grind so that people stay subscribed for longer".

Was gearing up too quickly really an issue before? You yourself admitted that you were in a serious raid group and still was missing a few pieces in the old 'far too quick' system, and you are probably the most dedicated player here.

That was 3.0-4.0. Once KOTFE launched, anyone who raided could be fully geared in a week or two. In Shadow of Revan time the best gear pieces dropped off the harder raids - when KOTFE launched, you could do EV and KP which dropped all pieces. Pre-KOTFE, in order to get the top rated pieces you had to do Hard Mode Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice, which were SIGNIFICANTLY harder than any of the other raids.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

So, we lost the cool Ravage animation as sith Juggernaut/Marauder. I will not rest until they add the old animation back

I miss the old animations but all instant attacks make Jugg/Mara so, so much more fun to play, especially Mara. Very easy to shred keyboard turners.

Private Speech posted:

I had nearly 300k WZ comms the week before 5.0 dropped and it only cost about 15k to fully kit out a character in Ranked gear.

My PvE characters were in a guild in that had all NiM/HM content on farm and selling runs by the end of 3.0. In 4.0 it took us about two weeks to get an 8-man team fully geared before we were back to selling runs again. If you had the credits my guild could've had you completed geared in two hours.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I miss the old animations but all instant attacks make Jugg/Mara so, so much more fun to play, especially Mara. Very easy to shred keyboard turners.

I had nearly 300k WZ comms the week before 5.0 dropped and it only cost about 15k to fully kit out a character in Ranked gear.

My PvE characters were in a guild in that had all NiM/HM content on farm and selling runs by the end of 3.0. In 4.0 it took us about two weeks to get an 8-man team fully geared before we were back to selling runs again. If you had the credits my guild could've had you completed geared in two hours.

Don't get me wrong, I tried it for like 10 minutes and liked how it was much faster, but...

gently caress it man, I'll be the Tracer Missile animation guy for sith juggs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

Don't get me wrong, I tried it for like 10 minutes and liked how it was much faster, but...

gently caress it man, I'll be the Tracer Missile animation guy for sith juggs

No doubt the old animation was superior, but melee plays so much better now. Or I mean, I would assume it does, I've played pretty much only my operative and my Assassin since 5.0 dropped waiting for the changes to GXP to come.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

No doubt the old animation was superior, but melee plays so much better now. Or I mean, I would assume it does, I've played pretty much only my operative and my Assassin since 5.0 dropped waiting for the changes to GXP to come.

I've played a lot of Sent/Mara but not Jugg/Guardian. I think the animations are the same for Jugg and Mara and if they are I could see someone being put off by their slow, deliberate Vader-esque Jugg suddenly flipping out like Yoda fighting Dooku.

From a mechanical standpoint though it's my favorite change second only to making stances passive.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

From a mechanical standpoint though it's my favorite change second only to making stances passive.

Man does this change make people stupid. I had a warzone earlier where there were two commandos sitting behind a pillar shooting green beams at their team, who FOR SOME STRANGE REASON JUST WEREN'T DYING NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE BEATING ON THEM!!!!

I was also apprehensive about DPS being able to guard people in PvP, but holy poo poo is it hilarious when a DPS guards a healer in a warzone and the DPS split DPS on him and the healer. It was like punching jenga tower.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I was also apprehensive about DPS being able to guard people in PvP, but holy poo poo is it hilarious when a DPS guards a healer in a warzone and the DPS split DPS on him and the healer. It was like punching jenga tower.

I've been lvling my Shadow as Infiltration and the only time I Guard is when my reflect is ready to go. :unsmigghh:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

I've played a lot of Sent/Mara but not Jugg/Guardian. I think the animations are the same for Jugg and Mara and if they are I could see someone being put off by their slow, deliberate Vader-esque Jugg suddenly flipping out like Yoda fighting Dooku.

Outside of Ravage, Juggernaut animations have always been pretty flippy (at least Vengeance juggs).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zakmonster posted:

Outside of Ravage, Juggernaut animations have always been pretty flippy (at least Vengeance juggs).

That's why I'm so glad Rage got a buff with 5.0. I always preferred it to Vengeance, feels so much more powerful.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I mean, I think that's fine personally, but I can see how it would put some people off I guess. I just prefer a game where newish players don't have to put in ton of hours to get similar stats as someone who's been playing for a while. A lot of the game is skill-based anyway, so it's not like veterans don't have an advantage.

Regardless what we have now is the total opposite.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

They definitely need to refine things, like how they've outlined for that January update, because as things are tons of new or returning players see what's required to earn a chance at getting some random piece of gear from the current Galactic Command system and are immediately turned off of it. (edit: To clarify, I'm only basing this off of the general reactions I've seen online and some in the game.) Also, the gear above 230 doesn't even open up until the second and third tiers and you have to get through 90 ranks just to hit Tier 2. If you're just interested in playing some random PvP matches or the story content, then none of it matters, but if you're wanting to do anything more difficult and involved that might somehow require the better gear, then right now you're essentially forced to grind forever. Then again, most of the endgame is already a grind so I guess we should be used to it? I don't know. Having some specific goal in mind and not some vague unknown quantity tends to make grinding more tolerable for me at least.

Personally, I'm not paying much attention to the Command stuff anymore because I'm mainly just interested in the simpler things like the story and story-level content, and maybe a little PvP if I want a bit of an adrenaline rush. I've gotten through around 20 ranks on a couple of characters and have basically just gotten a bunch of schematics, a couple of purple earpieces, and a couple of moddable chest pieces with blue mods. None of it has made me want to grind out more or has pushed me to do other content I don't enjoy just to have a chance at getting something better.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 16, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've quit because new Ravage sucks.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I tossed an Unstable Peacemaker's Dual saber and an Unstable Peacemaker's Lightsaber in the guild bank for contests of strength and endurance.

Will probably add some more goodies, too when the bind timer ticks off.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
SOMEBODY nominated me to come up with the contest idea so here you go:

:sassargh: STRONGHOLD CHRISTMAS PARTY :sassargh:

Get the Dromund Kaas apartment stronghold if you haven't already got it for a whopping 5k* credits and decorate the crap out of the initial entrance room in whatever manner you so desire to celebrate the time of the year which it currently is. Christmas or whatever.

The rules:
    1) Initial DK apartment entrance room is the only room we're using
    2) 100 decoration limit (which is the amount the room unlocks with)

As for the deadline, judging and how the prizes are going to be awarded our beloved leader will need to work that one out and get back to you.

*Apparently on sale at the moment for a measly 5 credits.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 17, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Finally got around to doing the Master Ranos recruitment quest (since they just fixed it), and kind of a cop out (Inquisitor spoiler) You ask about Ashara and she says "I've heard stories of a Togruta Force User. In some stories she's the good guy, in others she's the bad guy." Why do I have a feeling that it's the same speech for Jaessa, Kira, Nadia, etc. to make it so your LS/DS choices in story didn't have to be calculated. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Finally got around to doing the Master Ranos recruitment quest (since they just fixed it), and kind of a cop out (Inquisitor spoiler) You ask about Ashara and she says "I've heard stories of a Togruta Force User. In some stories she's the good guy, in others she's the bad guy." Why do I have a feeling that it's the same speech for Jaessa, Kira, Nadia, etc. to make it so your LS/DS choices in story didn't have to be calculated. :)

Nah, for Jaesa what she says is completely different whether or not she was LS or DS.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Nah, for Jaesa what she says is completely different whether or not she was LS or DS.

I guess that makes sense since she's technically two different companions.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's really too bad they didn't do that for more companions, it's almost worth a second SW playthrough just to get the other Jaesa.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Aleth posted:

SOMEBODY nominated me to come up with the contest idea so here you go:

:sassargh: STRONGHOLD CHRISTMAS PARTY :sassargh:

Get the Dromund Kaas apartment stronghold if you haven't already got it for a whopping 5k* credits and decorate the crap out of the initial entrance room in whatever manner you so desire to celebrate the time of the year which it currently is. Christmas or whatever.

The rules:
    1) Initial DK apartment entrance room is the only room we're using
    2) 100 decoration limit (which is the amount the room unlocks with)

As for the deadline, judging and how the prizes are going to be awarded our beloved leader will need to work that one out and get back to you.

*Apparently on sale at the moment for a measly 5 credits.

A long time ago, in a manger far, far away...

And three wise Jawa cameth to witness amazing savings.

And there are presents to unfreeze, and trees to bedazzle astromech units!

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008
Is there any way to transfer EU character to US server? I have 2 free boost tokens but I don't want to leave my 30 milion credits behind me.

EDIT: You can transfer one character for 150cartel points. Woot? Question most of EU an US goons are playing on US server right ? How's latency ?

Jazzy Jones fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 17, 2016

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Jazzy Jones posted:

Is there any way to transfer EU character to US server? I have 2 free boost tokens but I don't want to leave my 30 milion credits behind me.

EDIT: You can transfer one character for 150cartel points. Woot? Question most of EU an US goons are playing on US server right ? How's latency ?

It's not noticeable most of the time provided you aren't using a phone connection or something (an EU goon). Occasionally (once every day or so) you can get weird latency drops though.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dely Apple posted:

A long time ago, in a manger far, far away...

And three wise Jawa cameth to witness amazing savings.

And there are presents to unfreeze, and trees to bedazzle astromech units!

Looking good! Nice attention to detail in this one.

Jazzy Jones posted:

I'm in the UK and latency isn't much of an issue, but you do need to bear in mind that it'll be quieter during your primetime as the yanks are a few hours in the past. If you ever want to do some Serious Raiding or whatever in the future it's something to be aware of.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

McSpanky posted:

It's really too bad they didn't do that for more companions, it's almost worth a second SW playthrough just to get the other Jaesa.

On that note; which of the three marauder specs is the easiest to play? It's the only AC I haven't tried yet and I figure it's time.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I am in the middle east in an EU time zone and the latency wasn't bad. It is ridiculously quiet, tho.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

On that note; which of the three marauder specs is the easiest to play? It's the only AC I haven't tried yet and I figure it's time.

People will probably tell you Carnage, but I really recommend just going with Annihilation. It was the highest DPS spec in 4.0 and it's not overly complicated, but does require balancing 3 DoTs. Two of them are used on cooldown and another very close so it's not too bad. And Annihilate is a fantastic giant hit that is super satisfying. Carnage is a bit quicker paced and relies on windows to use certain moves, and Fury is just a less fun version of Rage.

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008

Aleth posted:

I'm in the UK and latency isn't much of an issue, but you do need to bear in mind that it'll be quieter during your primetime as the yanks are a few hours in the past. If you ever want to do some Serious Raiding or whatever in the future it's something to be aware of.

I am looking into it but then I don't have that much time myself. Just casual stuff to do. Isn't token system gone and all you need is to get some galactic command points? On the other hand I was in some EU based guild and it was quiet anyway.\

Edit: Can I get an invite for Prunum then please? Transfer complete :).

Jazzy Jones fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 17, 2016

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Anyone know if there's something going on with the Life Day robes? I picked up a set from the vendor and planned on account unlocking it but for some reason even equipping it, it's not getting added to collections for me to do the account unlock bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Anyone know if there's something going on with the Life Day robes? I picked up a set from the vendor and planned on account unlocking it but for some reason even equipping it, it's not getting added to collections for me to do the account unlock bit.

Probably due to the refund timer. It's the same with the Celebration Jawa and Senya statue, need to use them/equip them again after the refund timer expires

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Non-Entity.

It's very inappropriate that the lightsaber non Force Users magically get at the end of Fearsome Rage gets shoved up their bum at the end of it.

Also, because I forgot to post it earlier, we had a Jawa Party on the guild ship yesterday.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So do subs get an XP Bonus in this game so they never have to touch side quests 1-50?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

So do subs get an XP Bonus in this game so they never have to touch side quests 1-50?

Sort of. You only have to do "Story" quests - which are class story and planetary storyline. These are highlighted as "purple" and give you essentially 6x the XP they used to. You can skip the Planetary storylines and supplement with something else, like PvP or Heroics. The good news is you never outlevel a planet with level sync, so everything gives you good XP.

This is actually true for F2P and Preferred as well, however Subscribers get on average 20% more XP from everything so F2P just has to work a bit harder for their XP. Joining a guild gives you a 5-10% XP boost, and you are given +25% XP boosts pretty liberally through the storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Medullah posted:

Sort of. You only have to do "Story" quests - which are class story and planetary storyline. These are highlighted as "purple" and give you essentially 6x the XP they used to. You can skip the Planetary storylines and supplement with something else, like PvP or Heroics. The good news is you never outlevel a planet with level sync, so everything gives you good XP.

This is actually true for F2P and Preferred as well, however Subscribers get on average 20% more XP from everything so F2P just has to work a bit harder for their XP. Joining a guild gives you a 5-10% XP boost, and you are given +25% XP boosts pretty liberally through the storyline.

So just do purple quests and I'll be fine?

• Locked thread