Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Should i be grabbing plo koons ship? Theres too many ship options for me to make up my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Boozie posted:

Should i be grabbing plo koons ship? Theres too many ship options for me to make up my mind.

Plo Koon's Ship is only really great in a build with Mace's Endurance. Unless you've already done work on Plo Koon for Crew Power, or you're just looking for something relatively easy to grind, I would just skip him.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's not like there are that many ships to pick from anyway, if you have Plo unlocked and leveled then do get his ship as well.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

So I've got myself some 200k Ally Points, but there's three Squad Tournaments coming up. Do I go for Jyn, Cassian, Cassian+U-Wing, or what?

Working on a Rebel squad for the Palp event too, Lando's going to be 7* I hope, and then I'll be tackling Wedge.

There are actually 4 upcoming tourneys:

Jyn (17th-18th)
Cassian (21st-22nd)
Cassian's U-wing (28th-29th)
Vader's TIE Advanced (1/1-1/2)

I have a big pile of Ally points, and I definitely want Vader's ship, so am super annoyed that is last. I'll probably try to see if I can place well enough to get Jyn unlocked with just 50K or so ally points, and really want to try a little harder for Cassian, but being on iOS and not having K2 or whatever his name is makes him a lot less appealing. I'm a big sucker for ships, but it isn't clear if Cassian's U-wing is a 2 man ship as well, and if so who the co-pilot is. Based on his synergy, it should be K2, but that would be a giant gently caress you to iOS, which seems like the sort of thing CG would do.

Boozie posted:

Plo's ship is pretty bad. I farmed it up to 6* though I haven't upgraded it from 5-6 yet because it was so terrible. It is a reasonable ship to farm up to meet the requirements of the ship ability mat challenge (8 5* ships or whatever), though note that you need 5 4* ships to get executrix to the required star level too, so my recommendation is to work on those dark side guys to 5*.

I'm starting to get close to enough stuff to Zeta someone (I think I am up to 10 zeta mats or so). I'm undecided who though. My main choices:

1) Boba. Zeta means that he gets 100% protection when he kills someone. I am trying out a new arena team of Boba (L) / Wiggs / Sun Fac / Shoretrooper, which seems to work pretty well. Boba is only gear X, but I am working on getting him to 11, just need to farm up a few more bits.

2) Vader. Zeta means that any DoTs don't ever expire. This seems like it would be fun to play with, but it is his leader skill, and not sure how useful it really is. It seems like it might be nice for raids, but I am done with Rancor and AAT is so easy now. Plus, in AAT, I would want to save palp for p3, so not sure who else I would run on a Vader lead team.

3) Cody. Zeta gives everyone some crit chance and defense, and also makes them all recover 5% protection when they use their basic attack. A couple of YT vids of his Zeta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAD-sy6nTtk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amncZ3d7Wp8 make this seem like it could be fun. One complication is that I don't have him unlocked yet, but I am buying shards from fleet and guild shipments now, so I should have him soon. Cody also leads into maybe Zeta'ing Fives next. I do have all the other clones at 7* already, and mostly geared up.

I guess Maul is also an option for me, I have him at 7*, but he seems underwhelming.

Any thoughts? Mal, what is the word for TI?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

this is my current arena team: Luke, RG, Biggs, Jedi Consular, Qui Gon

Chilichimp posted:

Luke is terrible.

For a better answer, in the shot term, Luke is pretty good. In the mid term (Past ~60-70) Luke is terrible. In the long term, Luke has some niche roles. It's really too bad you didn't start 3-4 weeks sooner, you might've been able to unlock Emperor Palpatine (at 5*) in the upcoming thing. Try to get 5 4* rebels together by then though, you'll at least get some good credits and stuff in return.

For newer people, I would highly recommend putting all of your ship and guild tokens into Sun Fac and Rex. You'll start getting ship shipment tokens (which you can put towards ships, heroes, and gear) at level 60. SF and Rex are just so incredibly powerful at all stages of the game, this is really worth doing.

In the meantime, I'd probably run Luke, Biggs, QGJ, RG, and K2. If you want to bring this up to a pretty decent power level, really focus on Lando and STH to make this Lando (L), STH, Biggs, QGJ, K-2. I'm assuming we'll all be able to farm K2 sometime soon, but his stats and abilities are all really solid. I'd probably get Biggs to 4* and then move over to Lumi, who will help tremendously in the level 60+ GW. I'd probably stop Lumi at about 6* and continue up with Biggs from there -- you really want 7* Biggs by the time you can work on Wedge from Cantina -- 7* Biggs + 4* Wedge is actually really powerful.

Serperoth posted:

So I've got myself some 200k Ally Points, but there's three Squad Tournaments coming up. Do I go for Jyn, Cassian, Cassian+U-Wing, or what?

Working on a Rebel squad for the Palp event too, Lando's going to be 7* I hope, and then I'll be tackling Wedge.

General advice for tournaments
First, decide if you want a high star Darth Vader ship. If you do, I would recommend having 300k AP on hand for that tournament. So, take however much you have, add about 6k per day (14 * 6k = 84k), plus 14 * 6k * number of GW AP shipments per day. Then subtract 300k from that, and that's how much you have to spend on the other 3 tournaments. I'm trying to do 2 per day, and spending the rest on ship blueprints because I really want to get Zetas.
So, for me, I'm saving for DV's ship. I'm going to put 300k into that tournament because I want it. I have ~300k right now. So, I get 300 + 84 + 168 - 300 = 252k to spend on the next three tournaments. Since I have K2, I want to unlock Cassian, so I'm going to try to spend about 150k on his tournament, and then probably another 50k on the other two for whatever I can get.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serperoth posted:

They're doing vaders tie advanced again in January, so I'd recommend saving for that or going all in on Jyn.

Cassian + his U-wing seems far fetched.

edit:

How the gently caress do we get Zetas? Is it from a ship challenge?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 17, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
After watching Rogue One I am significantly more salty about not getting a free K2SO. Like, real pissed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WerrWaaa posted:

After watching Rogue One I am significantly more salty about not getting a free K2SO. Like, real pissed.

Wait, what? How the hell were you able to get a free K2? Also, same reason as you.

Also,

Just gonna savour that for like, 5 minutes before I drop into the 1000s.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

They're doing vaders tie advanced again in January, so I'd recommend saving for that or going all in on Jyn.

edit:

How the gently caress do we get Zetas? Is it from a ship challenge?

Two ways: First, 2k ship tokens in the store (you need 20 per zeta, so that's 40,000 tokens). Second is a challenge that requires (I think) 5* ships to complete.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I think I'll put a token effort for Jyn, then decide between Cassian and Vader's TIE. I have a 7* K-2SO (which reminds me, I don't even need Lando for the event, but I'm 50-ish/100, might as well finish), so Cassian might be a good pickup, since I don't care much for ships.
Is there any word on his abilities?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I never ever ever ever ever ever click on battle in the arena if I see a party with Rex and all his clone buddies and Sun Fac. Don't even try it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

I never ever ever ever ever ever click on battle in the arena if I see a party with Rex and all his clone buddies and Sun Fac. Don't even try it.

Sun Fac doesn't scare me all that much these days. Baze and Shoretrooper are much scarier dudes, but you should still pick up SF and Rex because they're awesome at so many things.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yeah I'm slowly getting SunFac starred up through the ship shipments. I'm still finishing my rebel team in time for the christmas event though. I got Admiral Akbar to 5-stars and G8, Wedge to 6-star, Biggs to 7-star and his big shot ability maxed. Currently working on the final star for Stormtrooper Han.

I've reached the stage where I have a number of characters who are bottlenecked by gear, and I have a number of unlocked but still unlevelled and ungeared characters waiting to be started on, and very little in-between. I'm also getting Boba Fett done on the side hopefully to be useable in time for the next credit heist because I have access to a tier that I can't complete with my current scoundrel outfit and that is frustrating.

And all this is before I've even looked into their mod situation (they all just have whatever I have going spare)

edit: lol Daka could be classed as a stealth suicide-tank for all the focus the AI applies to her at the expense of targeting anyone else whenever I put her on my team.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 18, 2016

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I think I know the answer, but is that mod pack worth the gem cost? It seems like it since it's guaranteed drops.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I think I know the answer, but is that mod pack worth the gem cost? It seems like it since it's guaranteed drops.

From what I've heard, the first time they did this, they were heavily weighted towards 5* mods, but ever since, I've heard a lot of complaints of getting all 3 and 4 star mods, which are bad. I would recommend passing, especially since it's fairly random quality and whatnot. I think I bought a couple back in the day and didn't get much out of it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Taran_Wanderer posted:

The guild I was in was dying, so I guess it's time to join up with goons.

handle: TaranWanderer
Ally code: 627-217-764

Can I get a guild invite?

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

Malgrin posted:

For a better answer, in the shot term, Luke is pretty good. In the mid term (Past ~60-70) Luke is terrible. In the long term, Luke has some niche roles. It's really too bad you didn't start 3-4 weeks sooner, you might've been able to unlock Emperor Palpatine (at 5*) in the upcoming thing. Try to get 5 4* rebels together by then though, you'll at least get some good credits and stuff in return.

For newer people, I would highly recommend putting all of your ship and guild tokens into Sun Fac and Rex. You'll start getting ship shipment tokens (which you can put towards ships, heroes, and gear) at level 60. SF and Rex are just so incredibly powerful at all stages of the game, this is really worth doing.

In the meantime, I'd probably run Luke, Biggs, QGJ, RG, and K2. If you want to bring this up to a pretty decent power level, really focus on Lando and STH to make this Lando (L), STH, Biggs, QGJ, K-2. I'm assuming we'll all be able to farm K2 sometime soon, but his stats and abilities are all really solid. I'd probably get Biggs to 4* and then move over to Lumi, who will help tremendously in the level 60+ GW. I'd probably stop Lumi at about 6* and continue up with Biggs from there -- you really want 7* Biggs by the time you can work on Wedge from Cantina -- 7* Biggs + 4* Wedge is actually really powerful.

General advice for tournaments
First, decide if you want a high star Darth Vader ship. If you do, I would recommend having 300k AP on hand for that tournament. So, take however much you have, add about 6k per day (14 * 6k = 84k), plus 14 * 6k * number of GW AP shipments per day. Then subtract 300k from that, and that's how much you have to spend on the other 3 tournaments. I'm trying to do 2 per day, and spending the rest on ship blueprints because I really want to get Zetas.
So, for me, I'm saving for DV's ship. I'm going to put 300k into that tournament because I want it. I have ~300k right now. So, I get 300 + 84 + 168 - 300 = 252k to spend on the next three tournaments. Since I have K2, I want to unlock Cassian, so I'm going to try to spend about 150k on his tournament, and then probably another 50k on the other two for whatever I can get.

Thank you so much for advice. I'll unlock STH tomorrow, another star on qui gon too. Ranked 71 right now on my shard, Lando is getting some pretty drat good critical streaks. I have lumi almost unlocked and I'll get Biggs to 4. Feeling more confident in learning what's going on in fights and prioritizing targets and buffs. Qui gon is super fun to have.

I was looking at lumis abilities what makes her so good for gw?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
She heals, and that's incredibly helpful for low level Galactic War. Once you have your rebel team up and running (Wedge, Biggs, Lando) your sustain will come simply from Wedge's leader ability (heal on crit and kill).

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Wirth1000 posted:

Wait, what? How the hell were you able to get a free K2? Also, same reason as you.

Android users got access to an event that gives them a 7* K2SO after its complete. Sunsabitches.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Anyone know the minimum number of points I should expect to get from clean tournament wins? Currently getting +4/+10 and wondering if it goes lower.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
A better question. How does that work? Is it based on your rank? Your current points total irrespective of rank? Your number of attempts?

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

A better question. How does that work? Is it based on your rank? Your current points total irrespective of rank? Your number of attempts?

I feel like it's just total number of attempts, or that's how it looks.

it's possible if I spend all of my remaining 150k AP and I continue getting that point offer that I could get into the top 100, but i don't want to invest all of that and then end up with 25 shards or whatever.

Love the constant reminders that my entire roster is underdeveloped af and I can only beat top ~500 teams with exactly 5 people I have.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I hate all these loving tournaments. I am going to try to go all out for Vader's Tie since I think having that will carry fleet PVP until its more ubiquitous/people get more levelled ships

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey guys go see rogue one

Also, I have a suggestion for a refinement to our aat raid. We're still too slow clearing p1, so I'm going to suggest that once 12 hours have passed from the start of the damage phase, if we're still in P1, everyone can attack at will. Please continue to work on your raid teams, i'm working on my p1 team because that's the weakest phase for me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Could I get an invite to one of the guilds please?

Name: BadLeRo

Code: 373-383-853

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

It is entirely based on how many points you have. The lowest I've seen is 2/6, but that's mixed in with 3/7s.

Davethulhu posted:

Hey guys go see rogue one

Also, I have a suggestion for a refinement to our aat raid. We're still too slow clearing p1, so I'm going to suggest that once 12 hours have passed from the start of the damage phase, if we're still in P1, everyone can attack at will. Please continue to work on your raid teams, i'm working on my p1 team because that's the weakest phase for me.

Don't you have a Rancor P1 team? Either add TFP in there or extra potency and boom, AAT P1 team.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What's the new ally point cost cap? I'm sitting at 3rd right now with over 120k leftover. I'm debating just spending straight for the next 2 hours to try and get 1st.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

What's the new ally point cost cap? I'm sitting at 3rd right now with over 120k leftover. I'm debating just spending straight for the next 2 hours to try and get 1st.

2k, I think.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

2k, I think.

My Lando is at 2.5k I'm worried there is no cap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Then there isn't, I guess.

That's some poo poo right there. I'm in the 500+ range now and no good toon is capable of rolling for less than 2k anymore.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80380/game-update-12-6-2016#latest

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Uhh my refreshes in the tournament went to 5k like before, what's up with that?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mr. Neutron posted:

they increased the cost for tournaments going forward. also reduced the time to 24 hours so no free refresh.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

5K was your total, 1K per guy. Now it is 2.5K per guy, for a max total of 12.5K

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I got 3rd place so shes 6 stars. Any tips on mods and or comps? Wiggs lando sth and swap jyn in for shoretrooper?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Boozie posted:

I got 3rd place so shes 6 stars. Any tips on mods and or comps? Wiggs lando sth and swap jyn in for shoretrooper?

+crit and +speed, and yeah def rebel team

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Hey add Pladdicus to the guild!?

I don't know how this words, friend code?

298-892-424

batwang
May 15, 2002

I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up. Rise up and join me, I need you to be my army. If we stand together, nothing, can oppose us. Freedom is ours, for the taking!

Wirth1000 posted:

Also,

Just gonna savour that for like, 5 minutes before I drop into the 1000s.

this game is unreal, I had about 2.5k points in my arena and I managed to get about rank 400 when it was all over. What the hell am I doing wrong am I just forever doomed to be in poopsocker shards?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

batwang posted:

this game is unreal, I had about 2.5k points in my arena and I managed to get about rank 400 when it was all over. What the hell am I doing wrong am I just forever doomed to be in poopsocker shards?

As it stands right now, you need 2-4 functional PVP squads to place well in these, since the costs for refreshes have become prohibitive and there is no reset in the 24-hour tournament.

Droid Squad:
HK-47
IG-88
IG-86
Jawa Engineer
Chief Nebit/B2

Rebel Squad:
Wedge
Biggs
Lando
STH
Leia/Akbar

Empire:
Emp Palp
Darth Vader
Royal Guard
Shoretrooper
TFP

Old scatter-meta:
Phasma
Rey
QGJ
Poe
JKA

It would probably be advisable to take each out to the 5k refresh and then swap your best mods over to the next squad and so on.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Pretty decent results from a Jedi squad on reddit - https://xl.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5j44b9/phase_1_heroic_aayla_lead_115_dmg_short_guide/

quote:

So this strategy is all about Aayla omega'ed leader ability to heal you for 10% of your max health if your resist an effect. If you load on enough tenacity, you can prevent any of your characters from dying... until enrage. The trick is to put on just enough tenacity so that each character lives long enough to just barely die to enrage, then the rest of your mods go for full damage. You will want health circles and tenacity crosses here, which is optimal for survivability.

Anakin/IGD: You want to get a good amount of potency on anakin/IGD so he can debuff grevious. I found 75%-80% is sufficient.

QGJ: He is squishier so you need to get 60-70% tenacity so that he stays alive.

Ahsoka: She is squishy too, but not as much because of her heals.

AAyla: She's pretty tough you don't need much extra tenacity on her.

This composition also works with Kit fisto, yoda, and other Jedi, but all those do less damage.

The only real gameplay tip I can give is to always try to land the buff immunity onto grevious, thats pretty much all you really need to know. Oh, and IGD's basic does more damage then is special.

Since we were having trouble with P1, I wonder if this is an easier team for folks to build?

His mods:

Aayla: Crit damage/chance sets, with tenacity cross, health circle, speed arrow, crit dmg triangle. 56% tenacity
Anakin: 2x potency/crit chance set. Potency cross, health circle, speed arrow, crit dmg triangle. 31% tenacity, 80% potency
IGD: Offense/potency set. Potency cross, protection circle (I think this is wrong though, should be health), speed arrow, crit dmg triangle. 40% tenacity, 75% potency
QGJ: Speed/tenacity set, but says speed isn't the best option here. Tenacity cross, health circle, speed arrow, crit dmg triangle. 65% tenacity, 65% potency. I would run more potency on him to land his TM down more often.
Ahoska: Crit damage/chance sets. Tenacity cross, health circle, can't see the other ones because of some dumb overlay thing. 42% tenacity, 14% potency.

Seems totally buildable, if I had the credits to level up all those mods.