Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
This team was bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Durghhk-cw

Lucky (and satisfying) pulse bomb tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
You know, at this point as much as a bunch of people were like "ugh everything's just decided by ults, press Q to win the game" it might actually be beneficial for Blizzard to go in and selectively adjust ult charge rates favoring DPS heroes assuming that the inevitable Ana nerfs don't dissuade people from continuing to run triple/quad tanks. I don't think that nerfing any of the tanks would actually make the game better or more interesting and I doubt that they're going to excise ult charge for healing which would also do the trick, but if DPS characters were able to bring some of those big damage ults out more frequently then that could definitely disincentivize people from relying on a lineup of large ult batteries if the result is the red team DPS getting their ults quicker and more regularly than tanks and/or supports.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

give reaper a jetpack and laser shotguns, problem solved

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Kai Tave posted:

You know, at this point as much as a bunch of people were like "ugh everything's just decided by ults, press Q to win the game" it might actually be beneficial for Blizzard to go in and selectively adjust ult charge rates favoring DPS heroes assuming that the inevitable Ana nerfs don't dissuade people from continuing to run triple/quad tanks. I don't think that nerfing any of the tanks would actually make the game better or more interesting and I doubt that they're going to excise ult charge for healing which would also do the trick, but if DPS characters were able to bring some of those big damage ults out more frequently then that could definitely disincentivize people from relying on a lineup of large ult batteries if the result is the red team DPS getting their ults quicker and more regularly than tanks and/or supports.

This isn't a bad idea.

To add to the reaper discussion, he seems more like a tank assassin in the same vain genji is a support/dps assassin. The problem is when there's 3-4 tanks he can only do so much.... So basically what manatee said

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Caeks posted:

Things I expect in the next 2 months:

- Sombra/Winston buff. Possible slight buffs to Genji. Decreasing the fall-off damage of Mcree, reversing the changes they made.
- Possible Bastion changes.
- Since Terry Crews just posted pictures of himself at BlizzHQ, I think 85% change that Doomfist is the next hero. Probably more news on Doomfist released over the next couple months, with Doomfist hitting by late Feb/Early March at the latest.

I hope POPOPO-PO-PO-PO-POWER becomes a taunt line.

gently caress, they could just lift a bunch of poo poo from these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ASb6jf-s74

IT'S ME! GOODBYE!

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Nuh0anOZA

Jesus loving Christ.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 17, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Squiggles Unite posted:

This isn't a bad idea.

This used to be one of Roadhog's less immediately obvious balancing features...it was never something they came right out and specifically highlighted, but the fact that Roadhog couldn't negate damage but only take it on the chin meant that he was like a free ult battery for the red team to charge up from. Yeah, he could (and should) get picks, and his own ult would charge fast from self-healing when they patched that in, but the benefit of Hog getting his ult wasn't anywhere near the same as the benefit that the enemy Reaper or Genji could get from quickly charging ults of their own, Tracer could farm pulse bombs off of him for days, etc. Now that ult charges are globally lowered this isn't nearly as big of a drawback, which means that Roadhog essentially received an indirect buff on top of everything else. I do agree with the idea that ults shouldn't necessarily be going off all the time, but I feel like the lowered rate has contributed to this current iteration of tanks for days. Maybe not as the sole contributing factor, but it's a factor nonetheless.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Lets talk about how awesome Pharah is now that she can actually fly instead of fighting against gravity. It is lots of fun to play as Pharah.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Nerf Pharah please.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nihilarian posted:

Reaper doesn't give a poo poo about armor. The meta right now isn't friendly to him but he doesn't need a buff. "He should be good against triple tanks" ignores that the two tanks he has the most trouble with are the most common picks right now, and that the offense character most picked is also a solid choice against him.

Winston also doesn't need a buff, he's just the tank who is the weakest against tanks. He can tickle Reinhardt through his barrier and kill a mechless D.Va, that is the extent of his use against tanks. He's fine against 2/2/2 comps.

Winston is slightly underwelming right now, when you consider how reliable Rein and Zarya (and hog) have been since release. Not sure if I would call it a full-fledged "buff", but he could benefit from much better control. There should be ways to further alter the trajectory and or momentum both before and during his jump. I'd love this sort of change, especially during the ult where you have a very short CD on jump, but often can't use it to close the distance you want because you'll overshoot your target or leap right off the map. Being able to do short hops in general would be a big improvement.

Aside from that, I would do exactly one, not more of the following to change him:
1) maybe buff his cannon's DPS from 60 to 70? Even when you ignore the tank meta, everything in general is way more tanky and has more survivability
2) same DPS, more ammo (or even infinite ammo)
3) same DPS, but the target closest to the origin point of your fire is debuffed for as long as you are firing on them to recieve 50% less healing.
4) he gets alt fire that is the same as his ult's melee attack, but has a somewhat lengthy CD.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Man, I just did 11 QP games and the POTG in 8 of them was Symmetra

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Verranicus posted:

Nerf Pharah please.
pharah is the absolute last hero who needs to be nerfed

also I thought everyone knew by now that armor doesn't lower reaper's damage by a significant amount, it's just lowered by 5 damage every shot, not every individual shotgun pellet. soldier/tracer/winston care much more about armor than him

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Caeks posted:

Things I expect in the next 2 months:

- Sombra/Winston buff. Possible slight buffs to Genji. Decreasing the fall-off damage of Mcree, reversing the changes they made.
- Possible Bastion changes.
- Since Terry Crews just posted pictures of himself at BlizzHQ, I think 85% change that Doomfist is the next hero. Probably more news on Doomfist released over the next couple months, with Doomfist hitting by late Feb/Early March at the latest.

Everything about this post, except for genji buffs, is extremely my poo poo. I hope doomfist had a rocket punch/boomerang fist and wrastle slams fir his kit.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I don't expect any tank changes. Nerfing Ana's healing rate or grenade will have a direct affect on the tank meta. I think that will be enough to fix things, and it will also mean Ana won't be the default pick anymore.

I would actually be onboard with giving Nano Boost the speed buff back if it meant getting rid of Ana's massive healing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

SadisTech posted:

Man, I just did 11 QP games and the POTG in 8 of them was Symmetra

Yeah QP is absolutely miserable right now, I've never had less fun playing this game than I did last night in QP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Nerf Pharah please.

lol what is this poo poo? Pharah has the weakest ult in the game and their normal damage is terrible. The class is worthless in every single way and I played Pharah more the any other class.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure he was making "an joke"

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

verbal enema posted:

why the gently caress do tracer lucio mei and tjorb get the be the Main Faces of the update all of those skins suck rear end

All of the epic skins are extremely good. The Sombra and Reaper skins are up there with the American McCree skin as some of the best in the game.

Winston also got his only good skin with this.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Semper Fudge posted:

Winston also got his only good skin with this.

uhhh Explorer winston ???

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want a Funky Kong skin

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It does kinda suck that Winston seems so vulnerable. I would rather he got a survivability buff and D.va got a survivability nerf. Ana healing grenade initial damage reduction, or a 1s cut on the heal negation also.

Also since nobody talks about it, is the duration of sleep dart too long? 5+ seconds is a loooong disable. Not sure what the arguments in favour of it being so long are.

Feel like Ana and D.va are the trouble duo at the moment. And it would generally be cool for Winston to be slightly harder to kill because at the moment you can see him leap, get reduced to 50% health or less mid-flight by a single 76, and land just in time to make a spark and keel over dead. Him + Zarya are still a bomb combo though, I love to see a Winston playing Zarya.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Jeza posted:

It does kinda suck that Winston seems so vulnerable. I would rather he got a survivability buff and D.va got a survivability nerf. Ana healing grenade initial damage reduction, or a 1s cut on the heal negation also.

Also since nobody talks about it, is the duration of sleep dart too long? 5+ seconds is a loooong disable. Not sure what the arguments in favour of it being so long are.

Feel like Ana and D.va are the trouble duo at the moment. And it would generally be cool for Winston to be slightly harder to kill because at the moment you can see him leap, get reduced to 50% health or less mid-flight by a single 76, and land just in time to make a spark and keel over dead. Him + Zarya are still a bomb combo though, I love to see a Winston playing Zarya.

The argument in favor is that the disable gets interrupted the second the person takes damage, which is fairly common in a game this chaotic.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Winston doesn't need a buff, he's fine as soon as the other tanks aren't so dominant because his whole thing is jumping on squishies

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

IronicDongz posted:

also I thought everyone knew by now that armor doesn't lower reaper's damage by a significant amount, it's just lowered by 5 damage every shot, not every individual shotgun pellet. soldier/tracer/winston care much more about armor than him

wrong

the reason why everybody doesn't know that is because it hasn't been true since beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myh_i7SxT_4

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I think ceasing healing is a good enough offensive effect of Anna's grenade, it shouldn't both do damage and stop healing. The fact that Anna can toss a heal at her feet that also damages someone diving on her AND stops any healing on them seems poorly thought out.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Internet Explorer posted:

The argument in favor is that the disable gets interrupted the second the person takes damage, which is fairly common in a game this chaotic.

I suppose I get that, but in that case does it really matter if it's 4 seconds? It just seems a bit silly that Winston can jump on a solo Ana and get slept for so long that their entire team can waltz back and blitz him. Also I find at fairly high ranks people are pretty drat good about not hitting slept targets. Obviously sometimes it gets disrupted, but I get slept for the full duration on the regs even in teamfights.

It love how it works and the skill shot aspect of it, and at longer range I think it definitely is worth the reward. I'd totally be down for it being a distance based sleep duration, like a DotA Mirana arrow or other moba equivalent, but obviously that wouldn't make much sense.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

wrong

the reason why everybody doesn't know that is because it hasn't been true since beta

lmao that's hosed up

why ever play reaper

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

lmao that's hosed up

why ever play reaper

D.Va is my favorite, but the extra 100 HP they gave her should probably have been regular health and not armor.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It is regular health...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Reaper's fun to play but Sombra is quickly becoming a favorite

granted i'm level 19 so I play against complete idiots

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
owns

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

D.Va is my favorite, but the extra 100 HP they gave her should probably have been regular health and not armor.

Yeah I made that mistake at first too but she went from 400 armor 100 health to 400 armor 200 health. Really it isn't even her armor that's the bigger issue against Reaper so much as defense matrix.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is regular health...

Oh, doh. You're right, my bad.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

wrong

lmao no wonder I don't have much trouble bearing Reapers with D.Va. Why did they change it?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Does McCree fit anywhere in the current comp meta? Cause I just can't see where. Perhaps I'm bad (I'm bad) but I'd almost always rather have someone else.

E: I'm not playing him in Comp, I'm playing QP but on bad teams I just can't seem to get anything done as McCree.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 17, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Matchmaking really needs to drop players into losing games with 10 seconds left on the clock.
If there's a leaver at this point, ban him for 10 minutes instantly and let the team just lose the match.

This happens way too often lately.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 17, 2016

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Does McCree fit anywhere in the current comp meta? Cause I just can't see where. Perhaps I'm bad (I'm bad) but I'd almost always rather have someone else.

E: I'm not playing him in Comp, I'm playing QP but on bad teams I just can't seem to get anything done as McCree.

You'll have to burn through a lot of D. Vas and Roadhogs.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
McCree is suffering from the sheer amount of tanks, against who 76 tends to be the more reliable option. If this was McCree as he was on release he probably wouldn't do too badly, but I know nobody wants to return to the days of McCree right clicking everyone to death. Nerf biotic grenade and the meta of 3xtank/Ana/another healer/DPS will probably suffer. Ana not only puts out fantastic burst healing by herself but she improves the healing of others when her grenade is in effect and can heavily gently caress over other healers, especially Zenyatta.

Slime fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 17, 2016

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Owns big time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I apologize for anything bad I said about the loot boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I apologize for anything bad I said about the loot boxes.

The FFT avatar brings you good luck.

I got the Zarya gift emote in a box today - and it's seriously one of the only Christmas themed items I wanted.