Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

The amount of effort you guys are going through to get some batman minifigures 2 weeks early is mildly disturbing.

They make good stocking stuffers. I just want to take advantage of the 25% off at target, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

After seeing the latest trailer/teaser for the lego batman movie, i'm surprised Condiment King isn't one of the CMFs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm just joking I almost stopped by target today to check for them myself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waltzing Along posted:

I think the Captain needs to go whole hog on the bananas.

But seeing this is SA I feel it is imperative to point out his latent homosexuality. Unless he is gay then um...it all makes sense? poo poo.
You're weird!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Being weird since June 14, 2008, at least.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

This sucks :( they are one of the few independent lego retailers in Australia, and they've always been lovely when I've shopped in person. I hope insurance covers them.

Also, what would you do with such a thing? Selling it would be very difficult and it's not like you can break it down, as recently discussed. Stealing a bunch of actual stock would have made more sense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sell it at an anonymous auction for supervillains, like other stolen priceless works of art.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'm sure some rich Russian or Chinese businessman would love to get their hands on that for their kids.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love how many wacky batman variants they're doing for the movie. These two are great.
http://brickset.com/sets/30607-1/Disco-Batman-Tears-of-Batman

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

xzzy posted:

Has anyone found anything cool to do with those little A-frame lego plates, like that grey bit that makes the base of the night's stand?

They're a really odd angle and I initially felt like they would be great for making new angles on spaceship wings but I had big trouble getting the studs to line up with anything on a standard lego grid.. I basically had to hamfist the fixes in with hinge plates which I generally don't like doing because they're a bit flimsy on their own and require a lot of reinforcement.

I experimented with them at work, and made a sort of thing. They're a challenge to use correctly, to be sure.

Taeke posted:

I'm sure some rich Russian or Chinese businessman would love to get their hands on that for their kids.

Who would then break it in very short order.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

McDragon posted:

I love how many wacky batman variants they're doing for the movie. These two are great.

Is this an exclusive? I always have trouble finding those bagged sets with any consistency.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Is this an exclusive? I always have trouble finding those bagged sets with any consistency.

Looks like a polybag so probably not.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Oh man Lepin have a Helms Deep kit coming out. I can't stop myself...

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

McDragon posted:

I bought the Bat Cave for the boxing Batman and brat pack Batman. I don't regret this, it's a cool set with a lot of features.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Have you started to Bricklink the pieces to expand the revolving costume rack so it holds the entire cmf line?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

deoju posted:

Have you started to Bricklink the pieces to expand the revolving costume rack so it holds the entire cmf line?

It would have to be expanded quite a bit, wouldn't it? Aren't there 10 different outfits that we know about, so far? Looks like it holds 6 or 7 at most.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

deoju posted:

I've thought it through. I think I'll do it with two tiers rather than expand it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone have an extra Ursula they want to trade for something?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone have an extra Ursula they want to trade for something?

I have one. I'll take pretty much anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sweet. I'll shoot you a pm.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

so, um

I get that the Netherlands are a pretty progressive place these days

but, look at the lower left

This is from the educational line? what

like that isn't a punching bag or something that I'm wildly misinterpreting, is it

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
What do you think it is? :confused:

e: oooooooh lol Roxanne minifig

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

HookedOnChthonics posted:

so, um

like that isn't a punching bag or something that I'm wildly misinterpreting, is it

Most schools have physical activity programs?

Not sure what the issue is here?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Got the pizza truck to go with my hot-dog shaped hot dog truck and the ice cream van from the Lego Movie line.

Finally have something to do with all my CMF pizza delivery guy dupes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HookedOnChthonics posted:

so, um

It's gotta be a poorly thought out punching bag. I don't think the prostitute thing would have even crossed my mind if you guys didn't say that. Although poo poo. I really dont know haha.

There appears to be a guy robbing an ATM as well.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 17, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What on earth is the kid in red holding? Some kind of bizarre balloon?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought it was an Angry birds Balloon, but I think maybe he's in a chinese parade or something?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think those two in the bottom left are Asian themed. One is the head of a dragon, the other is a lantern on the street.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah it's one of those paper lamps.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Waltzing Along posted:

I think the Captain needs to go whole hog on the bananas.

But seeing this is SA I feel it is imperative to point out his latent homosexuality. Unless he is gay then um...it all makes sense? poo poo.

Mostly he's just bald

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

I think those two in the bottom left are Asian themed. One is the head of a dragon, the other is a lantern on the street.

I think the guy with a fish might be intended as a sushi chef, too. Not sure what the little round white-and-meat-colored bits are supposed to be otherwise.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What we need is a higher res picture.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got that Bat Crawler thing today. And the Riddler car. Was really hoping for the Arctic Roller though.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Waltzing Along posted:

What we need is a higher res picture.

I see it for the same price as the city minifig set on bricklink, plus it has imo a more interesting selection and five more than what the city one gets. I'm actually tempted to get it.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
poo poo I should not have dipped into the lego thread again, I've started making dumb miniature crap again like this desert temple. But at least it caused me to go through some of my old sets and find a few I don't want anymore, so I figured I'd offer them up here to goons before garage saling them in the spring or something:

5982 Space Police Smash n' Grab
5286 City Prisoner Transport
5868 Creator Helicopter
30002 City Policeman and Boat (Sealed)

Outside of the polybag, the rest are in ziploc bags only with manuals and they should be complete. (Space police may be missing the wrench and 100 dollar bill pieces)

Of course now I'm looking at sets for good pieces to use in building miniature scale things, I'll probably wind up picking up something from the Friends line on the cheap and see what I can do with it.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Rogue One has got me really wishing they'd release another non-UCS Tantive IV.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ever build a thing on the fly and be excited for what you can do with it and then realize you don't have enough pieces/the right pieces to make it a reality?

I started building a head for a suitable riding beast for the green guy out of the six sets I got of him, and through just wingin' it I ended up with this rad frilled dragon-esque head with banana nosehair like some kind of stubby asian dragon or something. Then no matter what I did I couldn't build a body using the remaining pieces that could support the heavy head while having articulation for the legs.

I'll try again later but I don't think it'll happen. Bummer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
NorthGate Seattle Target has Lego Batman Movie CMFs but not many anymore ;)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am bitter about not finding any in the 6 targets I checked and missing out on $25 off. Stupid target doesn't want my money and would rather keep them in the back till new years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Feenix posted:

NorthGate Seattle Target has Lego Batman Movie CMFs but not many anymore ;)

3 targets in my area haven't put theirs out yet :(.

Glad you got yours for your boys party though!