Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Buff Lucky Draw tomorrow

They're getting better at not uploading everything these days. Ruining my Mythril planning...

The tough part about this draw is it's most likely not going to be SSB+ considering Tyro is there, so I'm expecting Josef's Suicide Gloves/11. I'll have to see the list before deciding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's not SSB+, no

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

pichupal posted:

The tough part about this draw is it's most likely not going to be SSB+ considering Tyro is there, so I'm expecting Josef's Suicide Gloves/11. I'll have to see the list before deciding.

Keepers Tome is a Buffing BSB of a variety

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Schwartzcough posted:

3* 100 gem pull for me again! I'm 3/48, with two of those three being basically rosetta stones; outdated no-SB generic trash. Thanks game.

Yeah, but what was your 1? :)

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
A sparkly orb on my dollar pull! And it's... Barret's bracer :v: I have so many FFVII stat sticks.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gah another drat half-price banner to deplete my precious XIV / OSBFest savings :argh:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

100 gems got me Aerith's BSB :woop:

Finally I can junk that shitass candle rod from last Xmas

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy poo poo rainbow orb on the 100 gem pull.

Atomic Scissors :rip:

Also lol the Ult++ boss is an rear end when it comes to mastery conditions. Got it down to 10% HP and it used Flare three times in a row.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Koobes posted:

Keepers Tome is a Buffing BSB of a variety

I was under the impression that is was just stat up buffs on the Banner. I think just because that's how the JP Banner was when it came out? It had a weird translated name like 'Party Stat' Banner or something.

They'd probably have a better Relic selection including stuff like Proshellga/Haste/Blink relics though, but if I get Y'shtola's SSB on this Banner FFXIV is going to be that much more painful to draw on.

Edit : Here it is, the JP list of relics for "Party status-up".Their banner was just AoE stat buffs. Obviously they'll be adding the new stuff, but if they don't trim the old stuff the main stinkers are Josef's Gloves and Desch's Gauntlet. Those 20% Faithgas aren't as bad anymore in a post Onion BSB world though.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 18, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll need to look at the in-game list of relics before wanting to pull on that, considering it might come in direct conflict with getting to the 50 threshold.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The pool is distinctly "okay," which, literal days before OSBfest and about a week before XIV, is kind of not enough.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

I felt this was an oddly appropriate kill screen to share with the class.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.

UHD posted:

Whoever decided spammable AoE Stop was cool and good needs to sit in the corner and think about what they've done

Yeah, that was genuinely a WTF moment. Then when it used EM Field, I died a little inside. I don't have the hones to do this one ughhhh

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Boy oh boy, I'll sure be glad to get a Sabin SB or DK Cecil SSB! :downs:

Yeah, I'm passing on this one unless it's half price.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

pichupal posted:

Edit : Here it is, the JP list of relics for "Party status-up".Their banner was just AoE stat buffs. Obviously they'll be adding the new stuff, but if they don't trim the old stuff the main stinkers are Josef's Gloves and Desch's Gauntlet. Those 20% Faithgas aren't as bad anymore in a post Onion BSB world though.

Welp, it has Shout, I'm in.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
100 hemmed Reno burst. Aside from it being super rad to summon all three Turks, can I get a confirmation on my gut reaction that command 1 is Garbo and should never be used in favor of just spamming command 2?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

quote:

Very Weak Pattern:

Forced: EM Field (NAT: AoE - 390% Lightning Magic Dmg) [Used on Turn 1]
30% Type-97 Cannon (NAT: LR/AutoHit - 159% Phys Dmg)
70% EM Field (NAT: AoE - 390% Lightning Magic Dmg) [Next used 1-3 turns after last use]

:gonk:

Who thought this boss was a good idea as Ultimate. Give it 50k more HP and it could pass for U++ easy. Kefka was way easier, cripes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

It's definitely half price.

I'm 80% sure it'll be curated. We haven't had a LD without the SSB+ tag since before the last DU.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Alxprit posted:

I'll need to look at the in-game list of relics before wanting to pull on that, considering it might come in direct conflict with getting to the 50 threshold.

Just a quick list of items to be added (should be added) since this banner was during the FF2 event in Japan.

Gordon SSB (ATK/MAG +30%; Blink)

Penelo BSB (8 Random White/Holy, Cura Medica, MAG/MND +15%)

Sazh SSB2 (ATK +50%; Magic Blink)

Porom SSB2 (ATK +30%; MND +15%; Crit =50%)
Tellah SSB (Self-Doom, ATK/MAG +30%, Instant Cast Actions 1)
Edward BSB (Imperil Holy, ATK +50%)

Onion BSB (Hastega, ATK/MAG +30%)

Laguna SSB (6 ST, ATK +50%)

Strago SSB (Protect, Shell, RES +100%)
Sabin SSB2 (40% HP Medica, Esuna, DEF +100%)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 18, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KataraniSword posted:

it pretty clearly says it's half off

I'm still passing on it

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

it pretty clearly says it's half off

I'm still passing on it

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's definitely half price.

I'm 80% sure it'll be curated. We haven't had a LD without the SSB+ tag since before the last DU.

I have reading comprehension, honest. :downs:

On the other hand, it also explicitly mentions "Unique Soul Breaks", so I'm not sure about it being SSB+.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

IIRC, there were some "SSB+Walls" type banners in JP, post-curation, though I could be recalling that wrong.

If I am recalling that right, it might explain the phrasing while still being curated. Have to see.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Feel obligated to pull on a half-price banner with a shot at Wall on it, but ugh temptation is definitely strong to skip it and go for another pull on XIV or Fest banners. I just want a Wall so bad so I can finally RW *anything* else for any fight that is even moderately difficult.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

IllegallySober posted:

Yeah, but what was your 1? :)

It was Aerith's Wizer Rod, which isn't bad. Still doesn't make up for the poo poo-rear end draw rate and terrible other relics.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

I just had to burn 180 Stamina with my mage, then my A-Team, then a DIFFERENT variant on my A-Team, to kill that stupid spider.

It came down to Wrathing Rosa's Medica over and over again and sandbagging early so I could Shout after the Spider Webs, because it turns out there's only the two.

The last time I remember it coming down to "having to Wrath Rosa's MBlink over and over" was Atlas U++.

:catstare: That is... definitely a boss.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Noooo, please come back soon multiplayer.

I never got around to running the U+ titan fight. :sigh:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

pichupal posted:

I was under the impression that is was just stat up buffs on the Banner. I think just because that's how the JP Banner was when it came out? It had a weird translated name like 'Party Stat' Banner or something.

They'd probably have a better Relic selection including stuff like Proshellga/Haste/Blink relics though, but if I get Y'shtola's SSB on this Banner FFXIV is going to be that much more painful to draw on.

Yikes, I have fifteen of those - including Platinum Sword, Thyrus, and Lightbringer. If OK's BSB is on it I may pull though.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

People found the spider difficult? Lightning resist accessories ensured no one fell below 50% HP for me, even with the AoE Stop.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The fuuuuuuuck!!!!

I'm 4/4 on dollar draws now and just pulled Cloud OSB!

WHAT IS THIS WORLD?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Feel obligated to pull on a half-price banner with a shot at Wall on it, but ugh temptation is definitely strong to skip it and go for another pull on XIV or Fest banners. I just want a Wall so bad so I can finally RW *anything* else for any fight that is even moderately difficult.

If you're Wall-hunting, you might as well go for XIV 1; Y'shtola's Thyrus is on it and you have a better shot of pulling that.

U-DO Burger posted:

People found the spider difficult? Lightning resist accessories ensured no one fell below 50% HP for me, even with the AoE Stop.

It's reasonably fast (500 SPD at very weak phase) and EM Field deals about 2k+ if you only have Full Break up (which was me since I was running full mage team with Larsa carrying FB). If I'd optimized more it wouldn't be a problem, but eh.

All the bonus battles are pretty fast actually. G Eraser and Bahamut Fury cap out at 650 SPD, which is as fast as Mote Ifrit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

100 hemmed Reno burst. Aside from it being super rad to summon all three Turks, can I get a confirmation on my gut reaction that command 1 is Garbo and should never be used in favor of just spamming command 2?

Command 1 is bad, yeah. Only worth it in incredibly long fights.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

*Sorts by "Resist Element->Lightning"*

*Has one*

:v: Being a newer player means you don't get to wreck elemental spam attacks.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yeah to be fair that boss is a dick without good dps or lightning resist. Or an all-WHM team with 400+ mind each.

I didn't bring the latter but Celes, Lightning, and Edea hammered its stupid robo-head flat despite the Stops.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

UHD posted:

Or an all-WHM team with 400+ mind each.

I went with my paladin A-team on this one. The stops were annoying but didn't last too stupidly long since everyone had at least better than average mind. It definitely hit the upper limits of my RW walls, though, mainly because my bursts kept ending earlier than usual.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ultimates down, first try on each. I can see how the Ult would trip people up if they don't have a major and 4 minor lightning resist accessories and/or your party gets webbed and then EM field spammed when mitigation drops. They used EM Field early during the first web stoppage, when SG was about 10% of a bar from casting, and it was 2k or so to everyone since only shellga was up on the party.

-Got webbed twice early in the ult fight causing shout and SG to fall off, shout came back up seconds later but SG was only 3/4 full, though EM field in the very weak phase was only able to do about 800-1200 with SG down due to having so much breakage on the boss.
-U+ fight was pretty lacklust. He used his special aoe 4 times total during the fight, though he kept stunning Noel which was annoying since it took forever to get his BSB reapplied as a result.
-U++ kept up the fine tradition of "fight starts, boss immediately hits Noel and drops him to under 250hp" and while putting moderate KO resists on Tidus/Ramza/Noel would've probably been smart (majors on Vaan and Tyro, so they dodged all %hp attacks), nobody died. Except Bahamut. Badly. I don't know if they have scripted moves they have to use when phasing or what but they never used Flare and having Tidus do 19998 damage sapphire shots due to his BSB was nice. With enwater up his BSB's 2nd use did about 46k to Bahamut and ended the fight. Even with me screwing up and bringing an Eiko SSB because I didn't pay attention and thought it was her BSB. Thankfully Tyro could still Curaja for about 4500hp. :sweatdrop:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I pulled 3 Wutai Headbands many moons ago. They were by far my strongest mage hats for a good long time. However, after pulling some decent mage hats and robes over the past couple months, I realized that I could justify doing this:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

That Ult is not the best designed fight, given how Spider Web is a loving auto-hit AoE stop command, but given the comments upthread I'm sure we all knew that. Still, I managed to beat its shiny metal rear end up through judicious timing. The U+ was a joke in comparison, considering that with various buffs and debuffs the G Eraser could only manage 200-300 per hit. Bahamut Fury wasn't quite as easy, but luckily for me he never happened to spam Flare and so I only needed one S/L to counter an early death. In this case, having All The Blink (between Ovelia and Yuffie) and All The Resistance (between SG/Shellga/Wings of Pride) really helped to clamp down on the mixed damage.

So except for the Ult, this time around the bonus battles were on the easier side for me. I'm sure I'll be eating my words when the Torment Mote dungeons show up, but until then...

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SageAcrin posted:

IIRC, there were some "SSB+Walls" type banners in JP, post-curation, though I could be recalling that wrong.

If I am recalling that right, it might explain the phrasing while still being curated. Have to see.

I don't remember any which were literally SSB+ and Walls with no other Unique SBs, but there were some heavily trimmed banners where they removed the really lovely really early relics but left the not completely useless older Unique SBs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Welp, now I'm kinda regretting my 11-pull on the first banner, because my dollar pulls alone would have done wonders to my FF7 gear. :v:

Also, the Bahamut++ is a fucko.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 18, 2016

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I'm working on my first Nightmare clear and that's Tonberries for Northern Cross. I created and honed Halting Rumba nad Dismissal. I have tried maybe 8 runs so far. I'm getting the hang of it and just now I finally made it to King Tonberry with a fully healed and buffed party and I had just cast Shout. The app crashed on me for the first time ever. This game really loving hates me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Attestant posted:

Welp, now I'm kinda regretting my 11-pull on the first banner, because my dollar pulls alone would have done wonders to my FF7 gear. :v:

Also, the Bahamut++ is a fucko.

dollar pull green megaphone buddy!

• Locked thread