Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I got owned because my FFXV download was interrupted somehow so it wasn't finished when i got home. I have no idea why i bought digital. So i played some Enter the Gungeon instead and made it to The Hollow and died on the wall boss and now I'm going to go to bed and then wake up and get cozy with some coffee and a Final Fantasy for fans and newcomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played a bunch of overwatch.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Not in the half hour left of friday night but I kinda wanna play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again this weekend

Wonderful, sadly underrated game

If you didn't before its fun to just go through the arcade mode & do that, it really is a great game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Woke up feeling very sick and there's a thick layer of snow outside, not feeling like an action game so I may boot up Rogue Galaxy (bought it on sale for like 3 bucks recently) since this is prime JRPG mood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I already know I'm gonna love this game when there was a shot of a Catholic Church interior, pews, priest praying and clavichord score, the whole nine yards and it cuts to the door it's full on Star Wars PSHEEW metal sliding and a dude walks in with a bigass cyber sword

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Gonna play the RE4 remaster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh drat, is this game wandering around as a space pirate hunting bounties? This game keeps making me more and more excited to play it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's been a long time but I remember some really cool and weird mini games in rogue galaxy. If i recall correctly there's a mashup of a virtual pet game and chess where you can collect and raise beetles and then deploy them in combat in a grid based strategy game . Probably a great snowday game.... i picked up Dark Cloud 2 this time last year when the weather was bad and it really hit the spot in the same kinda way

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh drat, is this game wandering around as a space pirate hunting bounties? This game keeps making me more and more excited to play it

Yeah dude, it's great. I never beat it but I plan on going back to it someday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a lot of cool mechanics stacked on mechanics even in the opening chapters. Like the gun that shoots platforms so you can climb bosses and find different weak points. And the pseudo-sphere grid that needs materials from certain locations is a cool way to unlock new skills

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It was originally Dark Cloud 3 so there are remnants of town building later on, in the form of factory building. That's how you craft stuff. It's really loving cool and can get quite complicated to puzzle out all the machines you need to set up so all the refined materials come together at the same time at the end. drat good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It was originally Dark Cloud 3 so there are remnants of town building later on, in the form of factory building. That's how you craft stuff. It's really loving cool and can get quite complicated to puzzle out all the machines you need to set up so all the refined materials come together at the same time at the end. drat good game

Oh man that sounds awesome. PS2 and Level 5 ftw!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I bought LBX for 3DS recently just because I learned it was Level 5 and they rule. Haven't played it yet though, but over the holidays for sure.

Really Sick and playing as the undead on a cough syrup and Total Warhammer bender.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ah i had no idea and had never played dark cloud when i copped rogue galaxy back in high school. That makes a ton of sense now though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The weapon mastery stuff is a little unexplained, but did I get it right: use a weapon until you hit the max bar, and then after every fight you get one bonus point in one of the elements. And each weapon has a specific max elemental power, which are the greyed out bars on the stats screen

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

The weapon mastery stuff is a little unexplained, but did I get it right: use a weapon until you hit the max bar, and then after every fight you get one bonus point in one of the elements. And each weapon has a specific max elemental power, which are the greyed out bars on the stats screen

Yeah but the bonus points after mastering a weapon are so minimal it's better to just make a new weapon with them (not sure if you're at that point yet)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah but the bonus points after mastering a weapon are so minimal it's better to just make a new weapon with them (not sure if you're at that point yet)

Still on the jungle planet, so I can only swap out for stuff I find or stuff I buy. But yeah, even just shop upgrades are substantial compared to getting +1 lightning after fighting 6 bees.

Also as someone who captured x10 every enemy in FFX just to fill in the monster arena, I'm definitely going to wind up trying to 100% the bounty log

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
playing Ds games for my under the weather gaming weekend

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
sleepy dogs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh & I think you can only craft weapons you've mastered, so it's a good idea to master as many as you can even if they're worse stat-wise

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that game sounds extremely like my poo poo cant wait to get a ps4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh & I think you can only craft weapons you've mastered, so it's a good idea to master as many as you can even if they're worse stat-wise

Oh ty for the heads up, mastering my lovely shurikens for the future. The shuriken guy is my favorite and I hope he gets cool moves although I like flipping around like a ninja shocking people and then calling in my allies for screen clearing support attacks

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Skyrim. Window open. Heat off.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Planning on a OW night.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

hero. epic hero, sir

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GTA V, maybe some good ol' Counter-Strike

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

path of exile nd getting caught up on jojo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Battletoads.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The power outage gamer

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The power outage gamer

The prepared gamer always makes sure handhelds have charge.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bought Planet Coaster a few hours ago, gonna try it after I finish Shantae Pirate's Curse (I think I'm close, just got to propeller town)

No idea if I'm gonna like it or not but I guess that's what steam refunds are for

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
What kind of games does a derpy klurf play while very ill? Intense pain and nausea are making it hard to enjoy first person games, should I move to the SNES?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

The prepared gamer always makes sure handhelds have charge.

I played a few rounds of Theatrhythm before the power came back, ftw.

Crimson Harvest posted:

What kind of games does a derpy klurf play while very ill? Intense pain and nausea are making it hard to enjoy first person games, should I move to the SNES?

I didn't have nausea but I find a chill rear end RPG to be great in these instances, or a hack'n'slash style "Turn ya brain off" kinda game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Bought Planet Coaster a few hours ago, gonna try it after I finish Shantae Pirate's Curse (I think I'm close, just got to propeller town)

No idea if I'm gonna like it or not but I guess that's what steam refunds are for

It's very epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull posted:

It's very epic.

I remember playing Harry Pitter and the Caber of Secrets on PS 2 to completion when I was extremely sick once. Give that a try, Mathias.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Potter, chamber, mayhaps*

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

finished Pirate's Curse, that was very good and cool

looking forward to half genie hero on tuesday

gonna need to find more games to play like that afterward tho :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Potter, chamber, mayhaps*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I remember playing Harry Pitter and the Caber of Secrets on PS 2 to completion when I was extremely sick once. Give that a try, Mathias.

I played most of mass effect 2 over a single night with a bad flu, pausing every hour or so to poo poo or vomit