Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

CJacobs posted:

edit: an insane person, and the game's staff after they heard it and spent some time saying "ooh yeah that sounds smart, let's say we did that"

Ah, the BioWare defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The staff never said that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

boy are my arms tired posted:

i have four giant holes in my mouth, am chewing on gauze to stop bleeding, and inhaling hydrocodone every couple of hours as needed

but i'm still pwning n00bz in pokemon tournaments

how is your weekend going so far chat thread

I didn't get all four pulled at once, but over the past 6 months I've had 4 teeth out (two Wisdom). Enjoy the feelgood pills friendo! Don't get dry socket :ohdear:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lets hang out posted:

The staff never said that

I'm just glad MGS5's writers didn't disappear up their own assholes once people started talking about the story like the Spec Ops The Line guy did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I'm just glad MGS5's writers didn't disappear up their own assholes once people started talking about the story like the Spec Ops The Line guy did

mgsv's writers are wiping sweat off of an aging yakuza tough's workout bench in a konami health club right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

They did give away ra2 a few months ago do maybe you have it.

Yup, just checked and turns out I have RA2 and its expansion.

I liked RA3 a ton and I heard the first two are even better but the thing I liked so much with 3 was the co-op so idk if I'd enjoy 2 as much

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

mgsv's writers are wiping sweat off of an aging yakuza tough's workout bench in a konami health club right now

Well ok they did disappear, just physically, not metaphorically.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah if you don't collect the evil magic, you face a lame version of the final boss (which is loving very hard and cool in his real form) and you get a losers ending.

what's the point of no return on this? I just ifnished the abandoned base

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell, I'd forgotten how much I loved the narrator in Darkest Dungeon. What an immaculate voice.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Where the gently caress is the last heart container in Tassel Town in Shantae, it's driving me nuts and is the last thing I need.

E: Knew this was going to happen but literally found it minutes later in one of the stone dragon head things.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 18, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

what's the point of no return on this? I just ifnished the abandoned base

There isnt one, you can collect them at any point. THeyre also not very hard to find outside of like one I had to look up which I thought was total BS until I realized that I missed a pretty obvious clue on its location.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh except the one that randomly falls out of the sky in the ice level. If you dont find it accidentally youll never think to search for it in the specific place it shows up

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I picked up the PS4 version of Fallout 4 for about $20 a few weeks ago and I kinda want to dig in to it. What should I know going in?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you should know where your receipt is so you can return it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The female voice actor is better than the male one

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

you should know where your receipt is so you can return it

Harsh, but fair

Anyways LW; sneak/sniper perks own just like in skyrim

Even if you aren't planning on screwing with base building, shred everything in the base areas because the parts can often be used for making better gear

Likewise the random scrap and poo poo all over? Yeah you probably want to grab it, you can desynth it for parts for upgrades

While annoying, liberation quests unlock cool bases if you wanna do those

If you see an area called Swans Lake or Swans something, its in the middle of Boston, you should investigate it, its cool

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Name your character after your favorite anime imo

Like recreate Jojo

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The female voice actor is better than the male one

Ostentatious posted:

Name your character after your favorite anime imo

Like recreate Jojo

I'm gonna see if I can pull off a female Waluigi

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Your servant robot has voiced lines for like a billion different names, so you should make sure you have a relatively normal one, like Rick or Kimberly. Or Humongous. Or Assface. Or Muck or Quartermain or Boobies

e: Max Rockatansky

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Trump" is on there :smith:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Have Cuphead devs shown or talked about anything this year? I remember about it like every few months so I wasn't really paying attention

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

loving hell, I'd forgotten how much I loved the narrator in Darkest Dungeon. What an immaculate voice.

Yeah he's real good and perfect for that game.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

8bit invaders (bw-like rts game) is pretty fun and good. if you beat the coop campaign (before the new year) then they give you their wc3-like rts game on steam for free.

i recommend fwiw (which is nothing)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Your servant robot has voiced lines for like a billion different names, so you should make sure you have a relatively normal one, like Rick or Kimberly. Or Humongous. Or Assface. Or Muck or Quartermain or Boobies

My entire character creation strategy has crumbled :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Cool game

Now do I go to the new Shantae or do I load up Planet Coaster (bought this morning) and see if I like it or not. Used to love Theme Park and Sim City 2000, but Cities Skylines didn't hold me

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha Codsworth can call you Bort, that's great. It's a shame your voiced name comes up only a few times in dialogue.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

Yup, just checked and turns out I have RA2 and its expansion.

I liked RA3 a ton and I heard the first two are even better but the thing I liked so much with 3 was the co-op so idk if I'd enjoy 2 as much

I can't remember, but RA2 might have some co-op levels and that mod certainly does. There might even be a seperate mod that makes the base campaigns co-op too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

I can't remember, but RA2 might have some co-op levels and that mod certainly does. There might even be a seperate mod that makes the base campaigns co-op too.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Also, the 8-Bit Hordes/Invaders/Armies games look interesting but I wish they were cheaper so I could buy them :[ but also the dev deserves to make money and not cater to a dude who can't afford bideo games so it's just first world problems lol

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did I do good?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Danny Trejo?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Danny Trejo?

I mean, it's supposed to be a Waluigi.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did I do good?

Nigel Thornberry?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Rogue One was good.

CJacobs posted:

Kojima has permanent residency in his own large intestine.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did I do good?

well it's not bad but

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yours looks like will smith trying to infiltrate a planet of white people in an episode of tng

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, the game'll let me tweak it, right?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean, the game'll let me tweak it, right?

I got frozen and still no option to edit my character. Getting worried.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You get the chance to change things at the end of the tutorial. Or if you're on PC, you can change it whenever via console commands.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what the what

http://www.avclub.com/article/takashi-miike-direct-live-action-manga-adaptation--243280

:psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cant wait to read their diet and workout routines. Extremely jealous of whoever is going to work on the costume team too.

• Locked thread