Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Shwqa posted:

Speaking of beey tablets, I was going to buy one. Anyone got a recommendation for a tablet that can keep up with my freemium addiction? Stuff like hearthstone is too much for my phone these days.

Nvidia Shield K1 tablet hands down.

Tegra K1 quad-core at 2.2 GHz 192-core Kepler GPU which is :suspense: as gently caress. You can HDMI out to your TV, and it has a mode similar to Steam's "Big Picture mode" which makes it TV friendly. It will even turn off the screen. Hook a keyboard and mouse and/or Bluetooth controller up and you have a nice little Android gaming system for about $199.00.

It's powerful as gently caress and just shits on almost everything else in its class. You can't go wrong for the price. I was going to post a review, but most reviews are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I have the K1. Real hard to beat, especially at this price point

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Even more gumball stuff!

Witch Gumball (standard reward from the desert maze, like 7th or 8th dungeon) is immune to poison. Use that one to get the zerg queen in the sky dungeon where every tile is poisoned forever.

Speaking of Zerg Queen Gumball, get her innate skill to level 5 ASAP and link her as your magic gumball forever. Her special skill is she gives you a zerg egg every 3 floors, and you hatch them to get 2 zerglings. At level 5 skill, zerglings have 75% of your base attack and HP, and when they die they explode for something like, 300% damage. I just finished a run of the Desert Oasis on floor 95 because a treasure chest mob had 4k hp and 800 attack, and it was a ranged-attacking life leech worm. My zerglings had around 1400 hp and 175 attack each!

Boss Strategy -- Once you have zerg queen, any boss becomes a game of keeping zerglings up, then alternating between stunning the boss with icicle, hex, or rotten fruit or something, and then using stoneskin for its next attack while it's stun immune. I think the floor 90 boss had 15-20k hp and 800 attack and I still took it down with this strategy. It helps that I used 2 portals of earth at 42 floors each + magic carpet for another 30 floors to repeat. I think that run took about 2 hours total over the course of the day.

This game has found a fantastic balance of giving you enough free gems that you never feel starved, but also making a billion uses for them so you also feel like you never have enough. I'd probably trickle more survey dollars in if the payouts weren't so low.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Oceanhorn, a popular Zelda inspired adventure game with music by Nobuo Uematsu that first hit iOS 3 years ago (and since then Steam and PS4) is finally out for Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 16, 2016

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Oceanhorn is Finkle

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Is anybody here a fan of Tap Titans? It's just another silly free to play clicker game but it somehow managed to be my favorite laundry day game for about a year. The sequel just came out and it's pretty good with twice as many taps. You should check it out if you like incrementing numbers. Anyway, I made a private goon clan and have received a pretty good response so far.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tunga posted:

Things do not have to be "copyrighted". Copyright is innate protection for original works. Just because a word is used in different terms does not mean that the concept of an alien that looks like a zerg and is called a zerg does not belong to Blizzard. Or whatever, I don't play the gumball game so no idea on the specifics for that. But just saying, this means nothing.

Ah, okay. For reference, there is an alien called "Zerg Queen" that spawns zergs and stuff. I mean, it's pretty obvious a starcraft zerg. Guess it just is up to how litigious companies feel - if nothing else it'd be easy enough to change it to 'alien queen' and stuff.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

mrkillboy posted:

Also out is Tiny Rails, a nice looking idle game/management sim in the same vein as Pocket Trains.

While not as fun as pocket trains this is a nice little casual game that I can pop out at work for a few min then put away which is nice. Thanks for the link!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Holy gently caress the last fights of Solitairica are insanity. This gangster seal sets every card in the front row on fire every couple turns, which just burns through any armor and health you have, and then wallops you with an 8 damage club. Smooth sailing until him, where I used 2 hour glasses and still died. Jfc

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Nvidia Shield K1 tablet hands down.

Tegra K1 quad-core at 2.2 GHz 192-core Kepler GPU which is :suspense: as gently caress. You can HDMI out to your TV, and it has a mode similar to Steam's "Big Picture mode" which makes it TV friendly. It will even turn off the screen. Hook a keyboard and mouse and/or Bluetooth controller up and you have a nice little Android gaming system for about $199.00.

It's powerful as gently caress and just shits on almost everything else in its class. You can't go wrong for the price. I was going to post a review, but most reviews are terrible.

Awesome, I was looking at that one. I bought it and I can't wait for it to arrive.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Holy gently caress the last fights of Solitairica are insanity. This gangster seal sets every card in the front row on fire every couple turns, which just burns through any armor and health you have, and then wallops you with an 8 damage club. Smooth sailing until him, where I used 2 hour glasses and still died. Jfc

The cleanse spell is probably your best friend considering how annoying and painful card status effects can be. Best counter for affixes that can alter entire rows at once.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

jjac posted:

The cleanse spell is probably your best friend considering how annoying and painful card status effects can be. Best counter for affixes that can alter entire rows at once.

Too bad after 16 fights that spell never popped up in the shop.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Thanks for the recommendations for kid-friendly logic games. I've downloaded a few to show off later on. Hopefully, they'll do some good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Goddamnit I checked out this thread and now I'm hooked on this dang gumball game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Malek posted:

You mean ilke the ripped graphic of the moneky from Lion King in the Adventurer's Dungeon? Or the "Zerg Queen" gumball?

They're Chinese devs, China tends to be really fast and loose with copyright laws.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Also out is Tiny Rails, a nice looking idle game/management sim in the same vein as Pocket Trains.

Trip report: I was hoping for a casual more straightforward version of Pocket Trains, but it's straight up just an idle game. The only management that exists is swapping your rail cars and wagons for some optimum mysterious sweet spot. Neat for a day, but nothing much to hold my interest past that. Thanks for the link though, appreciate it.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamnit I checked out this thread and now I'm hooked on this dang gumball game

I just banged a succubus, lost some HP, got some power.

This game rules.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Speaking of beey tablets, I was going to buy one. Anyone got a recommendation for a tablet that can keep up with my freemium addiction? Stuff like hearthstone is too much for my phone these days.

I'm very happy with my galaxy tab s2. Wish I got the 4g version though.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Rapner posted:

I'm very happy with my galaxy tab s2. Wish I got the 4g version though.

Same, and I actually prefer the new 2016 model to my K1 Shield.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there any way to transfer Rewards money (or even just "value") from one account to another? My work phone has been racking up the surveys while my personal went through a three-month drought.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

hooah posted:

Is there any way to transfer Rewards money (or even just "value") from one account to another? My work phone has been racking up the surveys while my personal went through a three-month drought.

You could buy things on your work phone and add your personal phone to family sharing I think. No way to directly transfer google survey bucks as far as I know.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ModeSix posted:

You could buy things on your work phone and add your personal phone to family sharing I think. No way to directly transfer google survey bucks as far as I know.

This is what you should do.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

ModeSix posted:

You can not add Google business accounts to a family plan. Not sure if that applies to your work phone acct but I ran into that problem with someone using a business acct to manage their personal domain's email.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Brief trip report: Logical Cell was a hit with the kid. He got frustrated with the easiest Neuron puzzles, but then was elated when he managed to solve one after another. I'll check up on him after Christmas, maybe the game will help him a little when it comes to focusing. He gets easily discouraged when the answer isn't immediately obvious, and even then he's a little bit too quick on the trigger finger. But he's a good kid, I want him to do well in the future.

I'll let the thread know sometime in January whether a little brain exercise did him any good.

And thanks for the PathPix recommendation. I bought the Christmas one for myself, they're quite lovingly crafted. It even reminded me of Everett Kaser games, I used to play the demos like a decade ago.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

And thanks for the PathPix recommendation. I bought the Christmas one for myself, they're quite lovingly crafted. It even reminded me of Everett Kaser games, I used to play the demos like a decade ago.

I was just about to post about him! There's a really, REALLY faithful port of one of my favourite puzzle games ever, Sherlock (with varying levels of puzzle count, Ultra being the #1). Have you tried these? They're so drat good, old graphics aside.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Gumball and Dungeons _really_ doesn't want me to unlock the Sorcerer gumball.

If I don't have enough gold? The Wizard's Hut pops up at, like, level 54 of its dungeon.
If I have enough gold? The Sorcerer's corpse in the cave doesn't appear.
If I have enough gold and it appears? It drops the Smurf Potion.
If I have enough gold, and it appears AND drops the Wizard's Robe? ...I clear all the way down to level 77 and the Wizard's Hut goes 'nyaah, I'm not showing up today.'

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was just about to post about him! There's a really, REALLY faithful port of one of my favourite puzzle games ever, Sherlock (with varying levels of puzzle count, Ultra being the #1). Have you tried these? They're so drat good, old graphics aside.

I haven't tried the Android version, but I did play the demo of Sherlock a lot. These games are so addicting once you figure out how to really play them.

cookroach
Mar 24, 2013
Honeycomb Hotel is another game by Kaser, which I like a lot. Its smaller puzzles are suitable for children. There were even reports by a teacher (years ago) how to use the game in class.

The ultimate children's game of logical thinking, however, is Pushy. It even started out as a part of a software suite for schools. Sadly, the ipad version is a lot better than the Android one.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Millennial Sexlord posted:

I've finished twice on a Warrior deck, so here's what I do. Warrior has the right-most upgrade (+1 armour when drawing a certain type of king) and 5 or 6 item slots.

Here's my general strat:

For the first six to eight fights or so, you want to hoard money as almost nothing has the ability to threaten you besides the...I think it was Handsome Elf. Specifically, you want the 1 purple skill that turns all front cards to triple coins (30 gold) and abuse it when you see a lot of cards you can combo. If you can, pair this up with the double a gold card's worth item (80 gold).

You'll also want a 4 green skill that allows you to change a card's adjacent cards to numbers in a sequence (40 gold iirc). This card allows you to keep your combo going, and of course if you can do a long streak you can get ridiculous amounts of gold. I've had more than 200 gold total at the end with particularly long streaks. This card also stays useful all the way to endgame.

But most importantly, the best skill I've found is 4 blue; stun the enemy for two turns. This move stacks and can really help extend your life. If you hit it twice in a row, the opponent will take an extra 4 turns, on top of everything else, to move, and no one is immune to it, not even bosses.

Both runs I reached the endgame with:
- Default 3 red to attack one card. Good for finishing off single tiles or to allow a combo.
- 6 red, destroy a column.
- Default 3 blue to gain 2 armour. On both runs, I was lucky to get this turtle item that gives me +1 armour every time I gain armour (also works with the King upgrade).
- 4 blue stun two turns, really the best skill in the game.
- 4 green make adjacent cards go in sequence. I tried the bigger make 2 adjacent cards but the higher mana cost turned out prohibitive.
- 4 pink heal 4. Almost useless by the end because I'm stunlocking and then sequencing cards but still.

I also had items that gave me more blue at start (one costs 60 that gives you 4 blue, which allows you to stun someone immediately), ones for more HP and armour (there's an endgame guy that does 15 in 5 turns), and most especially the glasses which lets you see the second card underneath. The last item costs 80 gold but is so so so worth it, helps you sequence better.

That's about it. Stunlock enemies to death; don't have to worry too much about the cleansing card. I tried it a bit but the cost is awkward and I'd rather do lots of small moves so that I can make tiny adjustments.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Variable Haircut posted:

If anyone is still playing Dawn of Titans, a goon alliance was created a couple days ago, but got burried in the gumball game shenanigans. If anyone wants to play resource management/lite-RTS/pubbie tear collection simulator, post your IGN and we can send an invite.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gumball discussion.

Hi please invite me, username Rafza#Jc=BR!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's pretty similar to the two successful runs I've had using the Monk deck, specifically the 6 energy spell that gives 3 armor and stuns for 2 turns, picking up the 3 energy attack spell since non-Warriors start with a 4 energy version, and using the Monk's Wildcard spell in place of the sequence spell. The only thing I'd be careful about is the coin spell. Early on it's great, but past the halfway point I find giving up the energy is too much of a downside. There's only been a couple times I didn't have the coins to pick up whatever I need from the shop, including one or two hourglasses, that I don't think it's worth overvaluing coins.

Edit: Also, the trampoline spell. I mentioned it in a previous post, but even though it's 8 energy, bouncing an attack back and doing damage to back cards is very good. I highly recommend it against the last three or four fights (except the last fight, he hasn't had any really hard hitting abilities I've seen yet, just a lot of effects and chip damage) and any Warlock enemies. For Warlocks specifically, anytime they use an ability that damages more than one row. My favorite is when they damage all rows for 2 damage a card. I won a fight very quickly when they started with that, 6 cards by the enemy and 12 more from the reflected damage.

A couple other items I'd keep an eye out for are the +3 to all energy at the start and the statue that reduces stun duration by 1 round. The +3 energy item is very expensive but amazingly good since it practically guarantees you'll start casting spells within a couple turns. I want to try the +2 item to see if it holds up as well, but it hasn't shown up for the past couple runs. The statue is really good since most of the non-affix enemy stuns are only one round to start with, and the statue works on Mirrored stuns as well.

Edit: About the cleansing spell: I recommend picking it up late for the last fight and against enemies that can armor cards. Having to use a card three times is miserable, and having even two of them on the front row is awful.

Onean fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 18, 2016

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

Hi please invite me, username Rafza#Jc=BR!

Invite sent.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Can you resend it, I created one of my own to clear the tutorial garbage and I think it erased your invite. I left mine.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What are the good upgrade paths for the swordsgumball? I can consistently make it to level 40 but struggle to make it to 50 and I'm not even getting close to taking out the 3rd boss. The one time I got the returning scroll I'd chosen an upgrade path that didn't let me give me access to earth spells of that rank.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Variable Haircut posted:

If anyone is still playing Dawn of Titans, a goon alliance was created a couple days ago, but got burried in the gumball game shenanigans. If anyone wants to play resource management/lite-RTS/pubbie tear collection simulator, post your IGN and we can send an invite.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gumball discussion.

btw yall this is actually a good solid resource manager/rts style game, it throws IAP at you pretty generously and I haven't really felt the need to do more than buy the 5 dollar pack

also it has pretty solid retention for me, the guy that plays a game for all of two days before getting bored

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

LLSix posted:

What are the good upgrade paths for the swordsgumball? I can consistently make it to level 40 but struggle to make it to 50 and I'm not even getting close to taking out the 3rd boss. The one time I got the returning scroll I'd chosen an upgrade path that didn't let me give me access to earth spells of that rank.

Always soul link a mage so you can buy the first job of the Mage class, each level open up magic 3,4,5 for all elements.
For melee tree its always going to be either Duke of destruction for (blade of ruin trigger upon kill) and Swordsage(Allows you to ignore physical defense, curse)

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

EzEight posted:

Always soul link a mage so you can buy the first job of the Mage class, each level open up magic 3,4,5 for all elements.
For melee tree its always going to be either Duke of destruction for (blade of ruin trigger upon kill) and Swordsage(Allows you to ignore physical defense, curse)

How do I get a mage gumball for the Aoluwei's Blade faction? None of my other factions have 3 gumballs in them and it seems like you can only soul link to gumball's in your own faction.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Just found something in Skyforce Reloaded that isn't documented anywhere in game. Not sure if it's cg
been posted here / is common knowledge but it was news to me.

If you have the supercharge weapons upgrade card, the ironclad ship doesn't charge the main cannon, instead it charges up an anti-bullet pulse. Basically works like a megabomb that doesn't do damage. Seems pretty easy to quickly charge up a short pulse and then fly backwards to use it as a shield. I never really messed with the ironclad ship after unlocking it early in the game so I only learned about it by chance when trying random strategies for nightmare stage 5.

If anyone doesn't have the supercharge weapons card but does have the ironclad, try to see if you can activate it anyway by pressing another finger down on your ship or at the bottom of the screen. I'm not actually sure if you need the card for it to work but can't test it myself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Finally unlocked my airship in gumballs. What should I be doing with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Went through my Humble account, and found that I owned copies of games I never realized were even ON Android, and have been loving the hell out of Cook Serve Delicious. I had played it before on Steam, but I think the touch screen controls work better than button prompts, but that might just be me.