Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Rodyle posted:

I looked at the 4 Super Vegeta Den raws I could find and that poo poo seems powerfully rad.

There has to be a good scanlation of this right? RIGHT?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder how much longer this arc is going to for, and I also wonder if there will be a time skip as well

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm thinking Whis hired Hit to train Goku.

Also, there's the implication that Time Skip is far from Hit's only trick, and might be his least lethal one. :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My guess is some other universe's Kaioshin or God of Destruction hired Hit to kill Goku after catching wind of what the Multiverse tournament will entail, specifically the whole "your universe will be destroyed if you lose" and wanted to even the playing field. Whis is in on it and that's why he was training Vegeta right then and there, to make sure nobody could help Goku out.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder how much longer this arc is going to for, and I also wonder if there will be a time skip as well

Well Hit will be there, so probably quite a few.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Did anyway else get FF7 vibes from that futuristic city Hit was walking around in? It had the spotlights around a Shrina HQ-esque building and even had a flower girl.

Man, he even took an elevator up to a Shinra-esque boss too...

dipwood fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 18, 2016

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Based on the preview, I'm not even sure that Goku is dead. He's fighting against Hit and he has no Halo, and since they just used half of the Dragons wishes, they need 6 months before they can wish him back. Maybe Hit transported part of him elsewhere to do a proper fight, because Hit just seems to have a billion op abilities. Also, I think that the one who called the hit on Goku was a God of Destruction based on the last scene in the preview.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder if that was even Beerus at the end of the preview. It could just be weird animation, nothing new, but the idea that another universe's God of Destruction knows about the upcoming arc, sees Goku as a threat, and hires Hit to kill him seems plausible. The two we know about are apparently the same species, might be more. Sure, it appears to be a position you can be appointed to, not born into, but nothing says there can't be Really-Really-Thin Beerus.

Also, Vegeta not going apeshit when he's flat out told that he's not as strong as Goku, and already got skipped over to be the lead fighter. Dude's definitely changed.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I mean, Goku is technically responsible that the current timeline has TWO Zeno's, with the consequences that may bring (specially with what we now know about the Universe Survival arc)

I wouldn't be the least surprised if the whole 9 Universes chipped in to pay Hit to kill Goku.

They basically now have double the chances that their Universe may suddenly burst out of existence.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 18, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that one trailer at the top of the page showed other Beerus looking beings, so it could totally be another God of Destruction who saw what happened on GodTube and was like i want no part of this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't seen the episode but here's my prediction: Beerus put the hit on Goku in order to bring Hit to Universe 7 and hakkai the poo poo out of him for breaking the laws of time or whatever other flimsy excuse he can find. Goku's going to be supremely pissed at Beerus for deleting his best friend and will spend the tournament plotting migrate to another universe and/or goad Xeno into deleting Beerus. Piccolo will learn kaioken.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This Hit arc is just in the Anime so I doubt it will have lasting consequences for the Manga.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It doesn't work like that

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Ultimate Muscle is the only 4kids anime in history with a good theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ac3Cr965jM

this seems relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGoFpNUrZCc

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's really not hidden at all that goku is the one who hired hit but i guess it must be through some weird communication daisy chain because hit clearly isn't aware of this

but seeing some of hit's powerset outside of his "just nonlethal stuff, this is a tournament" things is pretty cool and should only get more interesting

especially since soon everyone's going to be fighting real dirty to win the universe survival challenge

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goten: "my dad is dead. it's not the first time but still"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's really not hidden at all that goku is the one who hired hit but i guess it must be through some weird communication daisy chain because hit clearly isn't aware of this

but seeing some of hit's powerset outside of his "just nonlethal stuff, this is a tournament" things is pretty cool and should only get more interesting

especially since soon everyone's going to be fighting real dirty to win the universe survival challenge

sounds like from the shonen jump previews goku got in touch with whis who got in touch with vados who got in touch with hit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RBX posted:

It doesn't work like that

It kinda does actually.

Legit spoilers, none of this speculation spoiler tagged stuff
Future ep previews show that Vados hired Hit. Goku having asked her to do it seems very possible. That ki blast hits Goku and restarts his heart.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh I was talking about the manga post

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
How is Mr. Satan gonna explain not getting invited to the Multiverse Tournament.

Hell, WHY wasn't Mr. Satan invited to the Multiverse Tournament?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

How is Mr. Satan gonna explain not getting invited to the Multiverse Tournament.

Hell, WHY wasn't Mr. Satan invited to the Multiverse Tournament?

It wouldn't be fair to the other universes

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

unless it's a thing that's being broadcast on TV on earth they don't really have to worry about hercule doing his song and dance routine

i doubt xeno is going to pull a Cell Games on some random tv station

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

unless it's a thing that's being broadcast on TV on earth they don't really have to worry about hercule doing his song and dance routine

i doubt xeno is going to pull a Cell Games on some random tv station

Godtube

Specially with Godtuber Celebrity Gowasu being there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think hercule is worried about godtube broadcasts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goku is probably picking the team. He's not going to put Mr. Satan on it.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Monaka shtick is out of the bag too, it seems.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

The Monaka shtick is out of the bag too, it seems.

Which is fine, honestly. It was funny but completely pointless character-wise. Goku doesn't need a goal to push himself towards when he already has Beerus and Whis.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

Which is fine, honestly. It was funny but completely pointless character-wise. Goku doesn't need a goal to push himself towards when he already has Beerus and Whis.

It also gave us the best fight in Super
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Wasq5n0-g&t=108s

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh yeah it had value don't get me wrong

but the joke has probably run its course

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't believe Goku is loving dead

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am glad that there's more depth to Hit than his pssh... nothin personnell kid appearance suggests.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Monaka is only needed if there isn't any actual stronger challenge for Goku to chase other than Beerus, but now they've seen there's stronger opponents from other universes and they can't really waste a team slot on someone who can't even fight this time around

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hercule and monaka are coaching universe 7

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Cool ep, loved the rainy city scene.

I think Whis has informed Goku to get him to overcome his habit of lowering his guard. Goku may be going ham with the concentration, but he seemingly dodged Bulma automatically, just like Whis explains in Resurrection of F. Consequently his temper baiting comments about Goku in front of Vegeta didn't have him spaz out as he is proned to do.

Whis's training is showing some serious results in spite of him playing dumb.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Zeno is planning on destroying the majority of the multiverse with this tournament, basically making him the penultimate DB villain. So, you think Goku will fight Zeno by the end of the arc? I don't think they would just let him destroy so many people without trying to stop him. Maybe everyone will team up against him like the DC universe against the Anti-Monitor, or Marvel vs Thanos?

Pretty please let them fight Zeno!

I'm gonna take a shot and say the Zeno twins are just pulling everyone's collective leg in order to get everyone to fight the hardest they can, alternatively simply talked down by Goku. Fight sometime after that maybe.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's gonna turn out that Zeno can recreate worlds just as easily as he can destroy them, he just has to be inclined or remember the destroyed world exists.

Naturally no one will be able to tell Trunks. At all.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dipwood posted:

Did anyway else get FF7 vibes from that futuristic city Hit was walking around in? It had the spotlights around a Shrina HQ-esque building and even had a flower girl.

Man, he even took an elevator up to a Shinra-esque boss too...

The skyline, the elevator, the neon-lit translucent umbrellas, and the haze are all Blade Runner, too.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

lezard_valeth posted:

Godtube

Specially with Godtuber Celebrity Gowasu being there.

Gowasu and Satan doing color commentary for the Godtube broadcast would be perfection

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Wait poo poo, Goku is dead again? What happened, Hit get to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Wait poo poo, Goku is dead again? What happened, Hit get to him?

Its the only way he knows how to get out of watching his kids for the weekend.

• Locked thread