Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isC7CGsP3sU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Is this cat on shrooms or am I?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think cartoons should just be all referred to by the demonym

japanimation, americanimation, canadianimation, afghanistanimation

easy

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Is this cat on shrooms or am I?

yes

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this cat reminds me of drunked up klingon general from star trek 5

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRM2YcGpmxg

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

look you stupid fuckers the guy says "holy poo poo, piiIsss"

he says "holy" correctly, but his accent makes the l less distinct than when a native english speaker says it, so one can be forgiven for mishearing him as saying "hory." it's stereotypical, but as stated many asian languages treat r and l as the same sound and they're very similar phonetics so it's pretty easy to get them messed up. this guy doesn't do so, though.

however he is definitely saying pisssss. he says it as kind of a two syllable word, like "pi-issssss" which sounds weird, but there's no way in hell he's saying "badass" and if anything is racist it's assuming his accent is so bad that when he says badass it sounds like piiiiisssssssss. why would you even refer to poo poo exploding as badass? badass is if a dude does something rad, not when something explodes or whatever and people get hurt. it doesn't make sense.

therefore never quote stymie <3

edit: i am really happy with graph and smythe's modding and am glad you are not allowed to post lovely cartoons. my only complaint is that they still allow music videos to be posted.

you're wrong

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's pretty racist to assume that a guy who can pronounce "holy poo poo, what is going on, poo poo is crazy, so hot in here" perfectly clearly somehow can't handle the word "badass" and makes it sound exactly like "piiiiiss"

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/12/17/possible-officer-involved-shooting-has-westlake-district-on-edge/

This is happening literally outside my window right now. I live within a 2 block radius of where this was filmed and my house is in the background in the video lol.

I was wondering where all the explosion/gunshot noises were coming from

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Sagebrush posted:

it's pretty racist to assume that a guy who can pronounce "holy poo poo, what is going on, poo poo is crazy, so hot in here" perfectly clearly somehow can't handle the word "badass" and makes it sound exactly like "piiiiiss"

The issue everyone has been avoiding is that he says "I am so out of here" and people think fire=hot. Its all the mcgurk effect. Racism and preconceptions effects the McGurk effect guys.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

this thread has turned to badass

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

look the dress is blue and black ok?

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

my man have you heard the demo version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec73SCJNUnk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

diamond dog posted:

白人看不懂, except bullshit. I have cracked the code.

there is a small loud irritating core of extremely censorious posters who have been so loving perniciously effective at pussifying this subforum over the last 5 years that im pretty sure they're government agents. that's poes law, kyle. they could just be stupid asshoes who are especially bad at posting, I guess

seriously, it's "racist" to wonder what he is saying instead of blindly agreeing with your interpretation, [poster with memes about not listening to him which may or may not be organic, i have no idea]?

RACE ISN'T REAL. racism is bad because believing in race is a FLAWED PARADIGM. it's an ism. race hyphen ism. you idiots. it does not mean noticing that people from different countries have different dialects of english. english is nothing but dialects!

nailed it. ESL speakers use subtitles more than anybody.

Source your quotes

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

duTrieux. posted:

hey guys, can we all agree that it's mega hilarious when people who are speaking english are still subtitled in english if they have even the slightest of accents, even if that accent is of another native english speaking reagion
i thought it was funny when on belgian tv they'd show dutch series with dutch subtitles (by default, not just for the hard-of-hearing), i was like "dang how can you have that much trouble with our pronunciation"

then i saw a belgian series on dutch tv, also with dutch subtitles, and they were actually pretty useful because some flemish accents are fairly inscrutable if you're not used to hearing them, so i guess it works both ways

also in my university days i had a belgian housemate for a while, and she said she found me easier to understand when i imitated a flemish accent despite my more-or-less standard-variation dutch accent

so i guess the subtitling's not that funny but still sort of weird

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the no anime rule is to keep out anime posters, it's got nothing to do with the cartoons themselves. same reason you should never listen to anyone with an anime av, like fishmech.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

same reason you should never listen to anyone with an anime av

hmmm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-Cfdspdfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wju21ymTiKg

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yo that has to be the first straight up VR molestation

we should probably save that title for the first documented case of involuntary teledilonics

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
oh good 5 new pages of stymie stymieng around

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

anthonypants posted:

as an american-born english-speaker, i tried to watch trainspotting a long time ago and literally couldn't understand what people were saying

i have the criterion laserdisc of trainspotting which is notable because it has the original scottish audio track on it that means that the version you and most people in america watched was actually more understandable than the original version of the film

in actuality there are few differences and the change in dialog there is during the withdrawl scene mark says "its in the post thats for sure" instead of "its in the mail thats for sure"

ive probably seen trainspotting thirty times and it still takes until about midway through begbies story before my brain catches up to the dialogue

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

LastInLine posted:

ive probably seen trainspotting thirty times and it still takes until about midway through begbies story before my brain catches up to the dialogue

Then I fuckin' dare you to try reading the novel from Irvine Welsh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

somebody please rename this thread to Wholly poo poo - 'POS

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVC0LsGW2U

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

holy poo poo, pissssss

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i'm

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ouch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

its snout is partly below the glass so I'm guessing it knew it was about to autoboop

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

a manatee walks floats into a bar

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqbCq_sxmo

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Lots of power plants in Florida use seawater for cooling, dumping lots of warm water back into the sea at the output of the cooling cycle

So all the local manatees have started overwintering around the power plant exhaust ports and forgotten about their natural warm water refuges, so their survival is now inextricably linked to the continued operation of these creaky-rear end old power plants lol oops

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

oh the huge manatee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

• Locked thread