Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Already in so deep i might as well spent my 401k on spaceships and sell a kidney to get even more.

quote:

I feel the same way but hey I have already spent about $2000 so it doesn't really matter if I spent more or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

what the gently caress does that even mean

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
"Last night’s Star Citizen holiday stream was a disaster but the main sections have been released separately.

CIG removed the holiday stream from the Youtube channel today, they were probably too embarrassed to leave it up. As that has now gone, the main segments have been released separately.

These videos include the underwhelming 2.6 trailer which attempts to entice players with 10 ways to play when in fact there’s not much new or exciting, a video showing scale which is concept stuff, the emergent gameplay from 2.6 which looks a bit rubbish, and the Vanduul ships which were nice to look at."

:lol:

http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-videos-separately-holiday

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
"Update: CIG has removed yet another video, the 2.6 trailer. We are not sure why this has vanished but it is now gone and will not play. We have removed it from the list below."

:allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nobody mentioned how incredibly tiny Sean Tracey's legs look.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Three days ago, the guy who makes Stardew Valley promised a patch "within weeks" addressing the issues in the console launches.

Last night the PS4 patch went live.

It made me think of SC. If one guy can pull that off in two days, imagine what CIG must be accomplishing behind the scenes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Im a fan of not being obsessed about the videogame to the point where when a completely different game updates, you think of the bad spaceship game. Or when someone goes watch star wars, they think of the fail videogame. Its something really cool and normal people do.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I repeat, you guys need to be so obsessed about the game, and must stop doxxing people who like it immediately, or the people calling you out. Contrary to popular opinion it is not normal to spend months reading every single reddit post about the bad space game, especially when you dislike it so much.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

You sound like Marching Powder, but worse.

E: also you seem kinda obsessed about people you claim are obsessed about other people who are obsessed about a failing video game project...you know to the point that you seem to read every post they make, which is something not even all of the regulars in here do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"Now when the guys die they actually close their eyes" holy poo poo what an amazing feature. Just one pro tip - when people die they don't close their eyes you loving idiots.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I too have difficulty comparing and contrasting similar ideas and concepts, such as a competent game devlopment company and the world's largest cocaine-fuelled bender. Excuse me while I go and mortgage my house for imaginary spaceship jpegs

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ArfJason posted:

#IStandWithFuzzyModem
hosed if true.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Three days ago, the guy who makes Stardew Valley promised a patch "within weeks" addressing the issues in the console launches.

Last night the PS4 patch went live.

It made me think of SC. If one guy can pull that off in two days, imagine what CIG must be accomplishing behind the scenes.

Stardew Valley is also a *great* game. Very fun and creative re-imagining of an old IP, if that sounds familiar. Only problem is you can not pay $1,500 for the big farm and chicken coop, or a 10$/Month subscription to get extra mayonnaise machines. The creator's attention to detail about character interactions, and desire not to alienate LGBTQ audiences without being hamfisted is really admirable as well. For the price of one month in the 'Verse you can actually get more play hours worth of entertainment than you would ever throw at Star Citizen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

I repeat, you guys need to be so obsessed about the game, and must stop doxxing people who like it immediately, or the people calling you out. Contrary to popular opinion it is not normal to spend months reading every single reddit post about the bad space game, especially when you dislike it so much.

I agree

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
2.6 ENTERING HERALD
ACTUAL RESULT
Tried to climb into Herald and clipped through wall and fell back to ground
EXPECTED RESULT
Climb into the ship

2.6I AQUILLA WHEN IN HANGER, THE LIFT LOWERS INTO FLOOR, UNABLE TO BOARD SHIP
ACTUAL RESULT
Lift goes into floor, unable to bring you into the ship
EXPECTED RESULT
lift lower correctly to touch the floor, not go through it. When it raises up you go with it into the ship

CAN'T ACCESS ANY MODULES FROM MAIN SCREEN IN 2.6
ACTUAL RESULT
Every time i try to join any game modules from main screen game will crush to desktop when trying to join match.
But when I exit main screen and from option screen i go to hangar and then try to join match from the pod game do not crush.
EXPECTED RESULT
Game should crush after trying to join match from main screen but will not if you join from the pod in your hangar

2.6 PTU: UNABLE TO LOAD SIZE 5-6 SHIPS
ACTUAL RESULT
Faint and reduced image of mobi-glass interface shows up (can't use it).
Appears to be all load points in R & Y hangar. Tried size 1-2, 3, and 4 load points. Got same results. Load points in other hangars are working for me.
EXPECTED RESULT
Ship list showing size 5-6 ships should show up

GAME IS NOW TOTAL LOST

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Since your release of 2.6 to the subs a lot of us now can't login or even get to the hangar, congrats on this as I have been a backer for years the year has sucked for me not to mention the friends and backers you could have had on last nights stream sadly they won't be joining but that was your fault, but even after that now I can't even login to the drat game this may be the last time for me and I've alway's been bragging about SC now And not just me alot of other player's are feeling let down, this may be the end of me staying with this game, Plz sort this crap out or I will looking into getting a refund, oh and before you all say try this and try that, I already did!

ACTUAL RESULT
Fix this Problem for all of us backer's who have stood by you guy's for a long time
EXPECTED RESULT
At least somone to message or contact me or at least go on the forums and explain what you will do about this problem to get it fixed and how long it will take

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Star Citizen: GAME IS NOW TOTAL LOST

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
CANT LOAD STAR CITIZEN 2.6 ON WINDOWS 8
ACTUAL RESULT
2.6 does not load on windows 8.1
EXPECTED RESULT
It should have loaded on windows 8.1

2.6 STAR MARINE WEAPON LEVITATES AFTER DEATH
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Get killed in Star Marine whilst firing your weapon
2 In your death camera look at your body
ACTUAL RESULT
Your weapon starts to levitate up and the animation shows that it is still firing
EXPECTED RESULT
Weapon should remain on the floor and not be firing, unless it is like that scene from Predator :)

EMOTE - ANIMATIONS BROKE IN 2.6

2.6 STAR MARINE CHATBOX BUGGY
ACTUAL RESULT
1. In Private Match entering the text dont work. Only the small arrow on the right side allows for text input.
2. While in Private Match Lobby and typing some dozens of lines your suddenly unable to enter more text. Looks like a text limitation?!
3. While in Multiplayer Lobby you cant even enter text at all since there is no arrow on the right side of the chat box nor you can enter it regulary.

EXPECTED RESULT
Entering text should work like usual with the ENTER key and the small arrow-icon.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Crosspost: Is Kayak doing part time meme modeling?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
NOT SITTING IN SEAT THIS IS FOR 2.6

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Toon isn't sitting in the pilot seat

ACTUAL RESULT
Toon isn't sitting

EXPECTED RESULT
Repair placement

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHNX3dqXRGw

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

It's a content locust :tipshat:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBTmDxBwTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cXcPqHv1PA&t=110s

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Oh the irony...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=179334

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

his nibs posted:

It's a content locust :tipshat:

:iia:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Stardew Valley is also a *great* game. Very fun and creative re-imagining of an old IP, if that sounds familiar. Only problem is you can not pay $1,500 for the big farm and chicken coop, or a 10$/Month subscription to get extra mayonnaise machines. The creator's attention to detail about character interactions, and desire not to alienate LGBTQ audiences without being hamfisted is really admirable as well. For the price of one month in the 'Verse you can actually get more play hours worth of entertainment than you would ever throw at Star Citizen.

Yes, total yes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dC8sQEu3k&t=37s

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

To be honest, that set up scene looked promising and maybe a good way to do that. I mean, if the game worked and was fun, that seems like a good way to set up for it. But, uh, that is the least important part of the *game*, so uh...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Something for the ladies.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Something for the ladies.

That is, uh.... moving. Quite moving. Bowel moving.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing I always get enjoyment out of the Citizenry is that they always cry and scream loudly about how EVE is this evil MMO and that Star Citizen will kill it. Meanwhile CCP make some good changes, and some baffling ones, which then sees them hold the largest MMO fight beating out the one from a few years ago just the other week. Meanwhile CIG have dudes sitting on a couch talking about abstract concepts for the game for the 5th year in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBsZ9FYCfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEN10EHEF0c

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/12/13920944/death-star-destroyed-during-the-largest-battle-in-eve-online-history

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 18, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ArfJason posted:

A) Im not fyad
B) yeah im sure to get boundless fame for trying to better the people in the star citizen mock doxx zone thread in somethingawful
C) this isnt a laughing matter. I got doxxed and sent death threats, and you people had your ex mod doxx people and you all encouraged him. Somehow hes still allowed to post while i get probated for calling you all out on how obsessive and creepy it is to spend months tracking peoples post histories on reddit and remembering their names off of sheer routine.
Please stop doxxing, sending death threats, jacking off to space ships drawn as humans (seriously?), and stalking people online.
lol

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Do spies still sit in this thread? I liked that bit.

I didn't like when DS doxxed me. Please stop doxxing each other.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

One thing I always get enjoyment out of the Citizenry is that they always cry and scream loudly about how EVE is this evil MMO and that Star Citizen will kill it. Meanwhile CCP make some good changes, and some baffling ones, which then sees them hold the largest MMO fight beating out the one from a few years ago just the other week. Meanwhile CIG have dudes sitting on a couch talking about abstract concepts for the game for the 5th year in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEN10EHEF0c

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/12/13920944/death-star-destroyed-during-the-largest-battle-in-eve-online-history

poo poo man, I don't even like big ol' space MMO's and I especially don't like what I have heard about eve. But, uh, somehow I have purchased EVE and a 6 month subscription in my life to test it out and fiddled around with it. It had a bunch of cool stuff. I suck at sticking with *any* MMO, so don't blame EVE for my impatience/boredom/leaving..... but, I sometimes wonder, who are these magical focused gamers who can give a poo poo about a game for more than 4 months? The only game I can do that with is EU4, which is a loving masterpiece. "Wiz", a SA poster now works for the publishing company, Paradox Interactive, and that game is straight loving good. I have 800 hours on that, more than any other game (excluding WoW) and worth *every* loving penny.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ArfJason posted:

The only mentions of doxing in this entire thread are by you. A bad thing happened, but everyone, especially the victim, would like everyone to forget about it and move on. Your concern trolling is way more weird than using a video games forum to talk about video games.

Everyone who's thinking about doxing in this thread should stop. And you're the only one who's doing it. So please stop.

Also if your avatar isn't some dumb thing you did for attention and really is a dox, the admins will remove for free so stop being such a martyr and get it fixed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IncredibleIgloo posted:

poo poo man, I don't even like big ol' space MMO's and I especially don't like what I have heard about eve. But, uh, somehow I have purchased EVE and a 6 month subscription in my life to test it out and fiddled around with it. It had a bunch of cool stuff. I suck at sticking with *any* MMO, so don't blame EVE for my impatience/boredom/leaving..... but, I sometimes wonder, who are these magical focused gamers who can give a poo poo about a game for more than 4 months? The only game I can do that with is EU4, which is a loving masterpiece. "Wiz", a SA poster now works for the publishing company, Paradox Interactive, and that game is straight loving good. I have 800 hours on that, more than any other game (excluding WoW) and worth *every* loving penny.

I honestly don't know how some of the people who organize the higher end stuff do things for so long. I helped run a new player alliance (guild) for like a year and got burnt out because it just stopped being fun. Same with the videos I used to do showing the map changes in the player controlled areas. EVE is certainly a game/hobby that takes a fair amount of dedication, and the people who love playing it genuinely do enjoy it and have fun despite some of the shittiness due to game code or mechanics you have to work around. It was best described to me as "the most complicated strategy game because its always against other humans and not the AI." Thankfully you can also play super casual if you want, which is what I do now for the most part, especially with the shift to making all trial accounts Free To Play accounts with slight restrictions on what they can fly and can do mechanically.

Its also no coincidence that a lot of people who play EVE also play CK, EU, & HOI. Strategy game rule, and the dudes who do the higher group level management are pretty solid at strategy games. Just depends on the rules and mechanics is all.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was ultra-deep into a KMMO waaaaaay back in the day (Ragnarok online) and only shitcanned it when they added a cash shop that started to gently caress up the balance of the game via blatant P2W. Things get compelling if you have that sort of mindset. Friendships get formed and broken, long term plans get made, communities are formed... Nothing's ever really done it the same way for me, so who knows what the reason for me sticking to it for several years was. It wasn't even a good game when compared to it's contemporaries.

I played Eve for a while, and Eve is definitely compelling due to it's sandbox and chaotic nature. The only problem I found with Eve was there was too much waiting involved, and logging in to do something, and just sitting around with nothing to do until you had to log out was a bit bleh. When you got involved in something big and epic though, that always felt amazing.