Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DancingShade posted:

Peter split before Robocop 3 so you're totally good to go ahead and join the hate.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107978/fullcredits/

^Stop trying to make "pretty" shepards and just add on all the scars and heavy goth makeup you can.

I know Peter isn't in 3, that's why I'm saying it's impressive that I think 2 is even worse. Why hasn't he been in a Mass Effect game yet by the way. At least we got Lance Henriksen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Heavy Metal posted:

(everybody see the Peter Weller/Sam Elliott zany action flick Shakedown)

I tried to make a peter weller shepard once a la Screamers, didn't work out so well - guys got such a weird face.

Also:

way more handsome than anything any player could come up with

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That guy's face only belongs in gifs of it doing weird stuff like flippin around/glitching out

My fav real life video game character is that Sam Lake guy from Remedy (Max Payne).

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Adept with max Lift, Adept and Pistols can take down Geth Colossus on Insanity without breaking a sweat.

that reminds me: if you want to maximise your experience gains in ME1 while driving the Mako, whittle them down with your Mako gun until they have a sliver of health left then jump out and kill them by foot, if you kill an enemy while in the Mako you only get a quarter of the experience

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

DancingShade posted:

Stop trying to make "pretty" shepards and just add on all the scars and heavy goth makeup you can.

My fav play-through was a renegade femshep with the darkest eyeshadow, lipstick, and hair. She was edgy as poo poo.

Oh, and she was a vanguard, so she was a major rear end-kicker too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You have to go full sith

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao if you played a male Sheppard as anything but the President Barack Obama

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

jfc that's so perfect

His secret service codename is "Renegade".

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Give me the sliders and I'll play my first male shep, through the entire trilogy.

That's just too good :allears:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just google it the codes for ME2 and 3 are all over

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Doesn't help with ME1.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just play default shep in ME1 and then headcannon that Cerberus rebuilt him in the shape of a famous evil tyrant from humanity's dark past #MAGA

Veotax
May 16, 2006

sweet geek swag posted:

Doesn't help with ME1.

All the ME2 face-codes are is just the slider positions, there are webpages you can put a face code into and it'll give you the slider positions for ME1. It's a hassle putting them in but it works for ME2 faces.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So we know there's a rock monster, will there also be a tar monster?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There will be a cum monster im pretty sure

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope this game let's you make babies then

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Your Computer posted:

I had this grand idea of playing through the entire trilogy in anticipation of this game (I never actually played ME3, but ME1&2 are some of my favorite games) but I'm having such a hard time getting into ME1 :qq: The clunky controls and UI, and most importantly the spider-eyelashes, skeletal-looking, fish-lipped player character. I'm the type of person who spends literal hours in character creators, but I just can't make anything resembling a human being in ME1s.
And you spend so much of the game looking at that face too :negative:

You're doing it wrong. Just use the default skin. It actually matches the voice for both.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

moist turtleneck posted:

So we know there's a rock monster, will there also be a tar monster?

that wasn't a rock

it was a rock lobster

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

So we know there's a rock monster,

i didn't know ronnie james dio was in mass effect

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
*extremely Tim & Eric voice*: great job

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/809890716331704320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:getin:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The sexy alien's shirt comes off and oh god why is it's torso covered in mouths and why is the skin semi transparent :catstare:

Still waiting for the exosuit full of spiders BTW.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Just finished Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I actually just replayed the Collector Ship level in ME2. Such a well paced mission and the art & sound design still holds up very well.

Even though there isn't actually a clock or anything (to my knowledge) by the end you really feel that "gotta get out gently caress gently caress" urgency they were trying to instill.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

There will be a cum monster im pretty sure

we can only hope

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Did they even make N7 hoodies in S, M or L?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Did they even make N7 hoodies in S, M or L?

Yeah, I got one in Small and one in Medium.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

This was a hella dope credits song and I'm kinda bummed me3 didn't have more synth and instead went for an orchestral movie soundtrack.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Poops Mcgoots posted:

This was a hella dope credits song and I'm kinda bummed me3 didn't have more synth and instead went for an orchestral movie soundtrack.

But how else would we know that it's an epic space adventure?!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah ME1 had the best soundtrack by far because it actually stuck to the 80s sci-fi vibe.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?

Vitamin P posted:

It's quite cool that a talky blockbuster video game has you playing as an immigrant. Give us DLC where we tear down an ill-conceived space wall.

It would be neat if a big Khet faction wants to deport the dirty immigrants back whence they came to the milky way. Which assuming a failshep playthrough, is still prowling with Reapers.

I'd also note Mako XP in ME 1 is 40% of on foot by default not 25%. I always just change it to 100%.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Faunts are great. And ME3 did get another Faunts song, Das Malefitz. I think Das Malefitz is actually probably better than M4 Part II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXfUOSk4A8

Hopefully they pull another one for Andromeda.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I need to stop focusing on how much ME3 ruined the franchise for me because mmo-alike grinding for collectibles aside, DA:I had some pretty good story missions and I thought the climax was suitably dramatic with a satisfying conclusion.

So based on EA taking notes from that ME:A will probably be ok. Probably. Hopefully.

And if not gently caress it, at least we'll know for sure.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
DA:I had pretty boring characters, story and setting

Other than that, it was a pretty decent game

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

The Mass Effect 1 soundtrack is very good. I much prefer electronic music to more classical compositions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRkeyFNxBYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8g4lQ6zBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLwQdgKlMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce43nUZqJ4g

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zzulu posted:

Except for the gameplay.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't worry, in an effort to never offend anybody's sensibilities again, all the characters in Mass Effect: Andromeda will be a careful composite of the dankest memes known to the franchise with sassy catchphrases you'll be repeating to your online friends for months to come!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ME:A and Ryder is Jacob's cynical joke from ME2 about Shepard not focus testing right, except irl.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

I just remember religious town you started in, mage castle with time travel, upgrade castle, palace party, grey warden cameo level with unnecessarily long bonus demon level and forest zone with elven ruins (which I think describes half the zones in the game).
I had no idea what any of the locations were actually called even when I was playing it - frankly I didn't care or think it was important.

The story missions were good and I enjoyed those. Wanted more really. The dragged out filler content out less so. If you could skip straight to each major plot section where poo poo actually happens without all the repetitive filler crap I think DA:I might be much improved. And waaaaay shorter.
Also I barely used half the party members and stuck to starter tank Cassandra, annoying elf archer because upgrading varric's crossbow was even more annoying, then I endlessly alternated between the two dude mages trying to figure out which was better and came up with no conclusion.

Then there were those mounts which were completely useless for any reason whatsoever except that one skippable side quest that required a mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

If you're gonna link this song, at least link the proper crab battle video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISlB1IdUjI

I just finished replaying ME2 and ME3 after not touching the series since beating ME3 shortly after launch. Time away and leviathan really went a long way towards making the ending less of a let down.