Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Risc1911 posted:

Yupp, poo poo is hard and fun. There are level 75 cap Linkshells on the official server doing the same. Works nicely since you need to do the level cap quest to go above 75.

Haha. Thats amazing and great. I never even considered that being a thing. Wish I had thought about that 4-5 years ago instead of bailing on the game.

On the obligatory SC related note, I could never have imagined that live stream going that badly. I'm enjoying every minute of the results. Glad I got refunded back when that poo poo first became a thing you could do.

Wish you the best of luck with your refund Beer, an hope it doesn't get too terribly messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx posted:

their cool clique

What the heck am I doing here then?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

CIG might need to think about going back to the more nakedly exploitative tactics from the November sale.

Good to see you back posting Bov. Any chance I could abuse you and requets a similar chart for the holiday sale periods in 2014, 2015 and this one so far?

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Well now they have put themselves in the position that their next release has to be big. Because after 2.6 they promised jesus patch 3.0.

I don't know how they will bullshit their way out of that.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Theres theoretically no major shows they're committed too until Gamescom next year lol.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

B'Tak: I am afraid

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

Theres theoretically no major shows they're committed too until Gamescom next year lol.

Lol you don't think they're gonna do a show for the SQ42 launch???

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

B'Tak: I am afraid

I can't read one B'tak paragraph without wanting to punch him right in the snout

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Spatial posted:

Livestream will be up when it's done processing (about 45 mins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2A-l81-LKA

Yesssss. Let's get it out there.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I tried communicating with FYAD but they called me a mad GBS poster or something and deleted/moved all my posts then probated me. How will they ever learn the wonders of Star Citizen? INRI can you help me proselytize them?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I think it's time we start helping out Chris and inviting our friends to play this cool game to help speed up development.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lovely.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I tried communicating with FYAD but they called me a mad GBS poster or something and deleted/moved all my posts then probated me. How will they ever learn the wonders of Star Citizen? INRI can you help me proselytize them?

You should have just quoted people with "lol" for a while to fit in.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol you don't think they're gonna do a show for the SQ42 launch???

I think its a little early to speculate on what they are gonna do for the 2019 year.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-star-marine-patch-26

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/55513/star-citizen-dev-asks-more-money-alpha-2-6-stream/index.html

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Holy poo poo :five:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
It's okay guys! Now the hangover from the stream is lifted the shitizens have convinced themselves...

The technical issues, open mics and scene transitions were nothing to do with CIG.
We fully support the decision not to show anything from Sq42 ever. Certainly not the vertical slice which was 'a couple of days' away from completion 3 months ago.
It's good that the PU part of Star Citizen has been disabled so that more people test Star Marine.
This is ALPHA! Just because a bunch of people can't even get in to the game any more after this patch has been through internal QA and a week of Avocado testing and patched up to 2.6.0g or some poo poo is fine.

I actually pledged for a new Caterpillar last night to apologise for saying mean things about CIG on the internet.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/twerk17/v/108258264?t=51m44s

:gary:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Wrecked Angle posted:

It's okay guys! Now the hangover from the stream is lifted the shitizens have convinced themselves...

The technical issues, open mics and scene transitions were nothing to do with CIG.
We fully support the decision not to show anything from Sq42 ever. Certainly not the vertical slice which was 'a couple of days' away from completion 3 months ago.
It's good that the PU part of Star Citizen has been disabled so that more people test Star Marine.
This is ALPHA! Just because a bunch of people can't even get in to the game any more after this patch has been through internal QA and a week of Avocado testing and patched up to 2.6.0g or some poo poo is fine.

I actually pledged for a new Caterpillar last night to apologise for saying mean things about CIG on the internet.

Yea things are slowly going back to everything is going great. The troughs are deepening though and the sales numbers aren't great.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They've been using the same excuses for loving years now (only days away... oops indefinitely delayed!), you'd get more inventive poo poo from a five year old at this point. It must be starting to ring hollow to at least some of the chumps by now.

Have CIG ever met a deadline, even once?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Kure Naval Museum

Welp, there's another cool thing I missed when I was in Hiroshima.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Even all of us "Rabid SC haters" don't want people to get hurt. We want them to get their money back before it is gone. The thought that some people have already lost their marriages due to SC, are lying to their SO, are not able to get medical services they need because they believe so strongly in this.... this... I don't know what to call it, it is obviously not a game! This illusion, trick, maybe even fantasy! I think it really makes us sad and upset. We want to see people get well.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

tooterfish posted:

They've been using the same excuses for loving years now (only days away... oops indefinitely delayed!), you'd get more inventive poo poo from a five year old at this point. It must be starting to ring hollow to at least some of the chumps by now.

Yeah, the social module thingy. That´s pretty much it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

tooterfish posted:

Sales always start on time

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

I played an early access pre-alpha space game tonight/this morning. It's still early days but it's so much better than that one video game... Star citizen.

Moon base is best base btw. Oh and sorry about doxxing you. I took some time to do that too.

I think you may have overdone it on the battery and oxygen storage… :D

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:five::five::five:

This should be in the OP imo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MedicineHut posted:

Yeah. The second time they hit the month they said they would.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I cannot get over that drill sergeant's hat. It's like it was designed by someone who had never seen a hat before, only heard them described, and the person describing hats left out any mention of how they actually sit on people's heads.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

They hit deadlines all the time.

Concept sale and fund raiser opening deadlines

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

god drat that dowlphin i forgot he was still circlin the drain

Is he the one with the kid that wouldn't mow the lawn and man the Connie turret when he was required?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Spatial posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean

”I'm already an idiot, so it really doesn't matter if i make myself an even bigger idiot.”

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

scrubs season six posted:

Is he the one with the kid that wouldn't mow the lawn and man the Connie turret when he was required?

The religious farm guy? Nah, that was some other hosed up misfit.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Why are they ”hacking” a Panasonic Toughbook from the 90s?
Also, why does CIG's FPS have Elite's radar?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ArfJason posted:

A) Im not fyad
B) yeah im sure to get boundless fame for trying to better the people in the star citizen mock doxx zone thread in somethingawful
C) this isnt a laughing matter. I got doxxed and sent death threats, and you people had your ex mod doxx people and you all encouraged him. Somehow hes still allowed to post while i get probated for calling you all out on how obsessive and creepy it is to spend months tracking peoples post histories on reddit and remembering their names off of sheer routine.
Please stop doxxing, sending death threats, jacking off to space ships drawn as humans (seriously?), and stalking people online.

You just made the list buddy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Xaerael posted:

The religious farm guy? Nah, that was some other hosed up misfit.

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. It's hard to keep all the mental illness straight sometimes.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Here are some 3-frame gifs of all the waving teams before they get downsized again.

1. LA, with someone's mom on the left...

She's standing next to MoMA, so she could be MoMAmomma.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

scrubs season six posted:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. It's hard to keep all the mental illness straight sometimes.

He's the piece of poo poo who felt it was OK to mentally torture his kid because he wanted to hang with his friends rather than "play" Star Citizen with his (hosed up mentally deranged) dad. So much so, he put up a video on youtube about it that got slammed from every direction by people telling him he was hosed in the head.

IIRC he then ragequit his religious seed growing cult thing he was trying to get going because no one would send him money.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Here are some 3-frame gifs of all the waving teams before they get downsized again.

1. LA, with someone's mom on the left...

2. Wilmslow, with the usual parking lot routine...

3. Austin, with at least one office cleaner in the shot on the right, to inflate the numbers...

4. Frankfurt, with a very interesting kind of waving in the middle there...

5. And Turbulent at an unspecified location, summing up the stream lovely, and featuring people who came it just for this shot

Sure glad they spent millions of dollars remodeling their leased LA office so that all that poo poo can go straight into a construction dumpster once this thing goes tits up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

orcinus posted:

She's standing next to MoMA, so she could be MoMAmomma.

Betting a quadtrillion dollars that she's the most competent and dependable person in the entire building.
Also betting as much that she has some regular actual-business jobs, like accounting or records-keeping, and therefore knows where all the bodies are buried (she even still has the shovel). So the day she doesn't turn up for work, it's because the feds secured the most important witness first.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

MedicineHut posted:

Yea and they cut a bunch of functionality out of it to release on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Of their 300+ employees how many are artists and how many are actual programmers? Anyone know?