Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
As someone who grabbed him on the wire in a league with a two week 16 & 17 final, let me say that I currently have an erection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My opponent this week has Peterson and I have an erection because he may just play him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

My opponent this week has Peterson and I have an erection because he may just play him.

Same. He is also playing Farrow so hopefully he has a nice timeshare with Hillman.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You guys think Forte is droppable at this point:? I need space for a kicker and I have to either drop Forte, the NE Defense, or the Texas Defense.

Anyone?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

If your not going to play him and your not worried about him being used against you he's droppable.

Honestly I would hope someone would try and play him against me.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
With Melvin Gordon out im stuck trying to pick rb2. Do you start rashard Jennings or ADP? My rb1 is shady.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Man, both aren't good choices, imo. I guess Jennings..

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Peterson is going to be active but will probably sit this week anyway. Only roster him if you're in a league where you play week 17. He might be a league winner, but don't risk it if you need to win in week 16 to win a championship (like 95% of the fantasy world). Don't be an idiot

E: if your final is week 16 (like it should be) and you have a bench spot to burn, grab him JUST IN CASE he does some poo poo

Game theory is fun to laugh at, until the last week, then it's time to pay attention and play the game

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 17, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Anyone starting Dwayne Washington this week? Looks like Riddick and Zenner could both be out and Stafford's playing with a broken finger, not a great matchup though against the Giants.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dphi posted:

Anyone starting Dwayne Washington this week? Looks like Riddick and Zenner could both be out and Stafford's playing with a broken finger, not a great matchup though against the Giants.

I would try very hard to start someone else, but if he's all you have, he's all you have.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why are you rostering two defenses? The Patriots face the Broncos this week and the Jets next week. The Texans face the Jags and then the Bengals. I'd just roll with the Pats and dump the Texans?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
^^^^^^^
This is the playoffs. This is the time of year to roster as much poo poo as you can that your opponent might use and that includes defenses with good matchups. I'm carrying two defenses on my playoff teams cause I just don't need that last guy on my bench anymore.

dphi posted:

I would start the Giants D and avoid the Lions players. Can't start a Kenneth Dixon/Farrow instead?

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 18, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tiptoes posted:

^^^^^^^
This is the playoffs. This is the time of year to roster as much poo poo as you can that your opponent might use and that includes defenses with good matchups. I'm carrying two defenses on my playoff teams cause I just don't need that last guy on my bench anymore.

I would start the Giants D and avoid the Lions players. Can't start a Kenneth Dixon/Farrow instead?

It's for my flex so I have options (currently planning on Inman), just wanted to hear people's thoughts.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

dphi posted:

It's for my flex so I have options (currently planning on Inman), just wanted to hear people's thoughts.
Inman looks like a good play this week with Oakland giving up so many points to WRs. Washington is averaging 3.1 yards which is pretty bad and the Lions just aren't built to run the ball in a way that would net him real volume. If Stafford's finger is a real problem, I think they'll struggle to move the ball overall and may project for one the lowest team scores this week.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
who else is riding the bilal train tonight?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Powell Two, standing by.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Tiptoes posted:

^^^^^^^

Same deal here. I'm holding the Falcons Defense even though I don't need them just because I don't want anyone else getting that sweet SF matchup.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Robby Anderson, I don't even understand how you are a thing but please continue doing your thing tonight.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I did it. Dropped Forte for the Titans. Please don't do anything Forte.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I did it. Dropped Forte for the Titans. Please don't do anything Forte.

Forte is officially active but I hear Powell is still supposed to take the majority of snaps? So who knows.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

qft

e: if you're holding a guy like Henry or AlfMo, I might reconsider, otherwise..be a dick don't care

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DEAR RICHARD posted:

All the way to the championship baby.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Subbed him in last minute over Ware, active Forte be damned.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Robby Anderson, I don't even understand how you are a thing but please continue doing your thing tonight.

:monar:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Why are you rostering two defenses? The Patriots face the Broncos this week and the Jets next week. The Texans face the Jags and then the Bengals. I'd just roll with the Pats and dump the Texans?

Because facing the Jags and then Jets gives me the best chance of winning, and having Matt Forte on my bench did not. I would roster three kickers if I thought it would help me get an advantage.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DEAR RICHARD posted:

:unsmith:

Thanks Bilal

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
27.2 points in PPR for Powell with no TDs

I've changed my team name to Powell Movement.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Jets score 34, 2 1 yard TEs to an anonymous TE, and 5 points for Ajayi. What a loving disaster.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Peterson is going to be active but will probably sit this week anyway. Only roster him if you're in a league where you play week 17. He might be a league winner, but don't risk it if you need to win in week 16 to win a championship (like 95% of the fantasy world). Don't be an idiot

E: if your final is week 16 (like it should be) and you have a bench spot to burn, grab him JUST IN CASE he does some poo poo

Game theory is fun to laugh at, until the last week, then it's time to pay attention and play the game

it's actually finals of hte league because the league is old enough that starters sitting week 16/17 caused some lame finals a number of times in the past so we shortened it

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Who needs actual good players when you can have Bryce Petty's #1 target?

Getting 18 PPR points out of Anderson in the semifinals feels dirty, but I will take it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is anyone concerned about weather conditions at the Packers/Bears game? Not concerned enough to sit Rodgers, but possibly considering benching Jordy for a different WR with a good weather-free matchup.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Vargo posted:

Is anyone concerned about weather conditions at the Packers/Bears game? Not concerned enough to sit Rodgers, but possibly considering benching Jordy for a different WR with a good weather-free matchup.

If GB had a running game to go to sure, but they don't. Jordy will get lots of slants and such so for PPR I would think he is a must start. Standard is more of a question mark though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Chen Kenichi posted:

If GB had a running game to go to sure, but they don't. Jordy will get lots of slants and such so for PPR I would think he is a must start. Standard is more of a question mark though.

Yeah, I'm playing Standard scoring, hence my dilemma.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm playing Adams without much concern, so I'd be all in on Nelson too.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I am starting Rodgers

but I also benched Cobb for Bilal Powell, so..

moreso because Cobb hasn't done poo poo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm starting Mariota in both my playoff matchups. I'm very ascared.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh man I really hope Zach Brown plays today!!!!

I'm also very on the fence about whether I should start Gore or Farrow!!!

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 18, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to spend the whole day freaking out about starting Newton over Prescott or waiver wire peeps like Flacco.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

oh man I really hope Zach Brown plays today!!!!

I'm also very on the fence about whether I should start Gore or Farrow!!!
I had the same Gore/Farrow decision to make in PPR and I'm going with Farrow. Farrow's pass protection isn't good enough at this point but Ronnie Hillman suuuuuuuuucks. I still think Farrow will get plenty of dumpoffs whereas I hate hate HATE Gore's matchup this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Ugh, Rodgers and Tucker are supposed to be my two automatic dudes and I'm worried about both of them today. Can't justify benching either though.

• Locked thread